logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#21 Posted : 27 November 2014 06:52:58(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Faith: Preach, Cara! And fuck them.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/11/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#22 Posted : 27 November 2014 08:22:30(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Chris: Who would have thought that Cara would be so boss like huh Give em hell girl!

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/11/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#23 Posted : 21 March 2015 04:30:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
“ALL WE DO IS PISS AND MOAN”
March 20, 2015

UserPostedImage
“I am aware that I am an asshole/I really don’t care about all of that though”

“Holy sh*t it’s been a crazy few weeks!

First of all, it’s been great seeing the guys and girls from ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ crushing it, it puts a huge smile on my face to see them getting the recognition for their efforts and not having to oversell themselves. Primarily their songs and albums speak for themselves, sure a little promotion is not a bad thing in a “competitive” industry because lets face it, we’ve seen a lot of quality songs and artists and bands remain in the shadows and not get the credit their work deserves, their songs perhaps getting pushed out of the way for those that have the platform to sell that sh*t like f*cking Walmart.
I guess it’s a different approach I suppose, I mean I’ve got to be more open to that side of the industry now that I’m working at a record label, but I like an underdog, you know? The artist(s) that just put their song out there and let the success or even failure come naturally rather than plugging it until we’re all f*cking sick of hearing it.

I mean I’ve never once searched for a Justin Bieber, One Direction or Taylor Swift song, yet I know a sh*t load of their music just from it being overplayed and oversold. In my opinion this is not the way to get a true indication of whether a song is good or not. Put the song out there and let the audience find it and dictate the outcome, a risky move? Sure, most of the industry judges you based on how you chart which totally f*cking sucks, but wouldn’t you rather have a small dedicated fanbase that actually appreciates your craft and efforts than have a huge fanbase which will drop you as soon as the next teen star comes along? It’s f*cked up man, sure do an interview every now and then, but don’t give it all away at once, sh*t how many times can you give the same answers to the same old questions? You’re gonna be washed up and out of new ideas by August if you keep it up at this rate, just relax and enjoy what you have.

Oh sh*t, I just went off on a tangent! My bad, let’s try and circle back.
Some of you may have heard about a brand new drama series coming this summer on Netflix called “Obsessions” which I’m proud to say is my little baby. I’ve been working on the idea for it for almost a year now and I never actually thought anything major would ever come of it, but here we are with a full season ordered and a cast which just blows my f*cking mind! It’s all coming together and myself and Christian have been working hard on the final touches of the scripts, I couldn’t be more excited about seeing it all come together!
On top of that, we also have stuff planned for the label throughout the summer and a bunch of other things that we’re gonna be trying our hands at, it’s certainly going to be fun and a little scary along the way, but hopefully myself and Faith have proven ourselves capable of the task that we were given all those months ago! I’m also going to be getting back into reviewing new music very soon too, just as soon as I find the time to get everything together!

Alright, finally the ‘Chaos Awards’, now I know these have f*ck all to do with me but I just wanna say that it looks like it’s gonna be an incredible night as always! People can and will “piss and moan” all they want about the nominees. But the fact of the matter is, if you’re not nominated and your career is defined by whether you win an award or not then you need to re-evaluate your goals. Also I think it’s worth pointing out that this isn’t something organized by the industry as a whole, this is a showcase of the industry created by the Rose-Hiltons who don’t have to keep putting this show on, I’m sure they work their asses off at making this a huge event and they deserve a little more appreciation for it. I mean let’s face it, without it we’re left with what? the industrys own “Disney Teen Choice” bullsh*t version? Just stop the f*cking whining and enjoy the entertainment for the love of god!
Anyway, I’ll be watching the show. Hopefully I’ll be there in person, but if not I’ll be watching from home! It’ll be a killer show as always and I’ll have my list of hopeful winners! Just embrace the chaos, it’ll be epic!
That’s me done for now, see you around!”

- Cara-Zayn
thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/03/2015(UTC), erich hess on 21/03/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 21/03/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 21/03/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/03/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/03/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 21/03/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 21/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 31/03/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#24 Posted : 04 May 2015 06:42:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“SAVE ROCK AND ROLL”
May 03, 2015

UserPostedImage

“Good afternoon/evening/morning, wherever you’re reading this from!

I do apologize that it’s been over a month since I last updated this page, but what can I say? I’ve been a little busy f*cking bee and lets face it, sh*t doesn’t get done by itself. So, here we are. I don’t have a specific topic in mind today, so this will likely be all over the place. But hey ho.
I've just arrived in my hometown of California this weekend, it's gonna be great to catch up with friends, family and the sunshine for a week before returning to New York for work. If you're out in California this weekend then drop by and say hello, we'll have some drinks and bring out the Cali-girl that has been buried beneath paperwork and sh*t for the past few months. It's gonna be a crazy weekend, gotta get outta my work mind and into my party mind!
But work is never far from the mind and I'm delighted to say that things at ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ have never looked better, with a roster overflowing with talent and a whole bunch of incredible releases already this year, it’s been a great couple of months for the label, the most productive in the labels short history. All of the credit for that goes to the artists creating the music that will hopefully live on in the hearts of fans all over the globe.
Another final work based thing, I’m delighted to say that the scripts for all thirteen episodes of ‘Obsession’ have been finalised and confirmed, which means that we’ll begin shooting throughout June. It’s been tricky working around schedule’s and all that kind of things, but I think we’re finally coming towards the final stages of seeing everything pieced together, which is a hugely exciting thing. This all points to a July airdate for the series.

So, now that the boring sh*t is outta the way, let’s talk about music. I’m so insanely delighted to see both Reported Failure and Riot! In The Boulevard back on the scene. Mainly Reported Failure, because of the incredible musicianship and artistic creativity that they bring to the table. While Riot! Being back is a great thing, if only just for nostalgic reasons. I’ll be honest and say that I think I have sorta grown out of their music, which doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate it, but I think they’re for a slightly different audience which I was maybe once part of.
I have massive respect for both bands and I think it’s a much needed change of pace in the industry with the recent influx of faceless male popstars. I couldn’t tell you which one is which. Which is not to say that they’re particularly bad, it’s just that to a casual listener like myself, they all sort of blur into one and that makes it a little difficult for me to. Now, I’m fully aware that I’m “just a blogger” or whatever, but I think in order to make a real name for yourself in the industry, you have to have that little something special that makes you stand out. Step out of the creative box a little, oh and stop writing f*cking love songs that we’ve all heard before.
Your pretty faces will only get you so far.

On the plus side, Valentina Hart is showing that stepping outside of the box musically is the best way to make a name for yourself. Right now, she’s the proof that the industry is not entirely closed off to newcomers and you can be a huge f*cking success pretty quickly if you just find that thing that makes you different from everybody else.
Other exciting news is the announcement of the new Enlightened album coming out around June/July. Perhaps a little overshadowed by the returns of Reported Failure, Riot! In The Boulevard and our favourite girl group GirlSpice. These four bands, despite all being very different, point to an incredible summer of music.
This may be wishful thinking, but if you can throw in a little Pretty Little Freaks, Alex Simms and James Urie in the mix, then I think we really do have a musical treat coming this summer!

It’s exciting times for a lot of things that are happening in the industry, hopefully this is the beginning of an incredible summer of music!”

- Cara-Zayn
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 04/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/05/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/05/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#25 Posted : 28 June 2015 04:43:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“WELCOME TO A HALF-MOON SUMMER”
June 27, 2015

UserPostedImage

“Ladies and Gents, summer is officially here!

Put some gas in the truck, turn the music as loud as it goes, strip down to your underwear and go f*cking crazy! Let’s it face it boys and girls, we’re never gonna be as young as we are right now, let’s make this summer an incredible one. Stay out late, get drunk, get laid, go see a band and make it count right now, because you can.
I say this because I’m finding myself at that inbetween place, I’m trying to balance the work worker bee with the social butterfly, I intend on making sure that this is a summer that will live on in my own memory. Things have fallen perfectly into place right now, I’ll be spending the majority of July between my home of Los Angeles and the craziness of Las Vegas, with occasional trips into New York.

I feel like you get two sides of me, when I’m in New York, I tend to hit my sensible mode, for the most part anyway. Running a record label and a nightclub and all the other stuff that come with that brings out the business woman side to me. Don’t get me wrong, I still tend to find a way to let loose, I like plenty of others have spent many an evening f*cked up in New York City. But there’s always something a little more different from the New York City mode version of me and the California mode version of me.
See, I’m a Cali girl at heart, you can’t take that out of me. Many people have tried. Don’t get me wrong, I like to think that I have more to offer than just the outward appearance, but as soon as I feel that sunshine, the clothes are off and the alcohol is never too far from my reach. My girls are by my side and the we’re dancing and having a good time and I certainly have high expectations this summer, especially now that I’ll be back in Cali for the most of it.

UserPostedImage

Back to New York mode for now though, and lets talk business. The label is doing incredibly well, it’s been almost a year since myself and Faith were given almost free reign and we feel like we’ve proven people wrong, we’ve brought in some incredible people to the roster and we’ve seen practically everybody on the label do incredible things. There’s always bigger plans ahead and that’s certainly true for the label in the months to come. An announce will be made in the next few months about our plans and intentions.
On top of that, I’ve been becoming more involved in the artistic process of the actual music. I’ve been blessed to get the opportunity to see people like Riot! In The Boulevard record their latest album and voice my own suggestions on things. I’ve been working alongside a couple of buddies of mine in the songwriting process, I’ve been told to keep it on the downlow for now though, but something pretty cool is coming from that!
And most recently, earlier today actually. I’ve been hanging out with a legend of pop, a f*cking boss in the form of the stunningly beautiful badass of GirlSpice, Chantal Hayes! We spent some time in a recording studio and wrote a track together for her upcoming album. That record is gonna floor so many people, I cannot wait!
On top of that, I also have a few other songwriting and production things lined up for the coming months, but I’m always looking to expand my knowledge and work with all different types of people, so if you’re looking for somebody to offer something different, then get in touch!

So, that’s all I got for now. See ya later!”

- Cara Zayn

UserPostedImage

Title: “Who Do You Think You Are?”
Artist: Hannah Beth
Label: Studio60 Records
Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Welcome back old friend!
Hannah Beth with additional names but for the sake of nostalgia, let’s just say Hannah Beth. Finally we are hearing new music from the big hearted pop songstress as she gears up for her big return with her brand new single and let me tell you something right off the bat ... She has not missed a beat since she’s been away being a mother and wife.
Yeah, there was a time when she was a huge deal, when twitter wasn’t so important to the success of a song, at a time when it was more about the music and less about throwing shade behind the safety of a computer screen. It seems like a simpler time, when pop songs dominated the charts. The question is, just how does Hannah Beth’s latest song fare in the current scope of the music industry?

”Who Do You Think You Are?” Is a pop song with RnB influences, it’s soulful and smooth despite it’s themes of insecurities and self-doubt. Vocally it feels like Hannah has only gotten better with age as she proves to any doubters that she can stand up against the very best of what this industry has to offer with an incredibly dominant vocal performance. You throw in the drums and bass and you really have the ingredients for a great club song.
Lyrically, she has always been one of the most under-rated pop songwriters of the past five years, I don’t think I’ve ever heard her release a poorly written song and this one is no exception, the chorus is incredibly infectious and the overall theme is something we can all relate to. But it’s lines like, “Hey, I’ve never been that good at being subtle?” and “Had to do some breaking, rearranging, now I am all yours” that are simplistic but are perfect too.

So, I offered the question. How does Hannah Beth fare in the current scope of the industry? Well I think she’s proven that not only has she not lost anything since being away but she’s only improved. The industry needs it’s Hannah Beth’s, if anything, just keep a little of whatever sanity and humility the industry has left. It serves as all the best lead singles do, as a taster for what's to come from her next full length album and this track will no doubt whet the appetite for that next album, whenever it may come.
So you can go ahead and call this a comeback. I’m rating this one 8.5 out of 10.

- Cara Zayn
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 28/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 10/04/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#26 Posted : 10 April 2017 00:29:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“FANCY CLOTHES, WIN AWARDS”
April 09, 2017

UserPostedImage

Hey guys and gals'

It's been a little while since I last posted something on here. Things got crazy. But I was talking to a couple of people and they gave me an idea to run-down the latest Fan Choice Awards show which is coming very soon. It's actually been such a long time since there was an industry awards show, so it'll be interesting to me to see where it's at right now. I ain't gonna ramble on, I'm just gonna go straight into it and talk about each category from top to bottom, so here goes;

FCA Artist to Watch
Alright, first one up is the artists to watch award. We've got 5th Avenue, Miki Lee, Chaelin Hue, Joshua Grimmie and BYS. I think if we're basing this one on who we think will become the biggest star in the future then it's an easy choice for me and that's Chaelin Hue. I think her work so far has that gloss and shine that the very biggest artists around have. I do however think she should be further along in her career at this point and that she needs to get to work. I'm talking no delays, singles, albums, tours.
Others in this category I could perhaps see getting the win would be BYS or Joshua Grimmie. They've both definitely got something about themselves but at this point. Chaelin just feels like a megastar in the making. I'll be super pissed if she doesn't reach that level.

Favorite Social Media
Favorite Social Media is the next one and it's a much more competitive category for me. @BillyBadBoy, @PREMIUM, @Erica_Rox, @HaydenRM, @Karoliena_S are all absolute social media gold, always entertaining. I think it's between @BillyBadBoy, @PREMIUM and @Erica_Rox and I'm gonna go with Erica to pick this one up. She's a fucking riot and she comes out with the most surreal stuff I've heard. I think @HaydenRM would maybe walk away with this one but I think we hear from him a little less often and when we do it's just brilliant. He's great at giving humorous commentary on current situations. @Karoliena_S and her #karolienapicmonday thing is great for everybody. But I hope that Erica gets this award. I am a little biased though, she's fucking awesome.

Favorite Tour Artist
It shows where the industry has come that this is a category between two people, with Kato and Isabel fighting it out for this award. I'm gonna go with Isabel for this one, simply for the amount of material she has to work with and the fact that she's blown me away with every live performance I've seen from her. I'm not familiar with either of their most recent live shows but I'm certain they're both pretty great. But I think the lack of nominees in this category tells you more than anything else. The rest of the industry may need to step it up when it comes to tours. 2017 needs to be the year of live performance.

Favorite Couple
I struggle with this one, simply because I'm pretty unfamiliar with their relationships and so I should be. We've got Kato & Victoria, Coke & Kidd, Erica & Gretchen, Dustyn & Dallas, Bilal & Jerry, Amy-Jayne & Dominic and Honor & Kai. I will say either Bilal & Jerry, Honor & Kai or Erica & Gretchen. I adore Honor, Erica & Bilal. So I'm being extremely biased here.

Favorite Actress/Actor
For Favorite Actress/Actor I'm going to be biased once more. This category is between Isabel, Aaron Styles, Dakota Sanchez and Derek Ramirez. Although Aaron kinda impressed me in “The New Heroes”, I have to say either Isabel or Derek should take home this award. Simply because I worked closely with them both as part of my show “Obsession” and they were a delight to be around and gave so much more levity to my words than I could have ever written. Both are extremely talented as are Dakota and Aaron too. I just haven't see them as closely as Izzy and Derek.

Favorite Music Video
Music Video with Eilidh, Lincoln, Dae Ho Park and Barbie Doll. Again I think it's been a relatively weak year for music video's and the one I'm going with is from a while back. But it's Barbie Doll with “Human”. I thought it was weird and creative visually and she had a lot of buzz for a little while there. It's a shame that things have quietened down for her recently but I think she's a talent. This one could absolutely go to any of them though and in an industry where streaming is now more prevalent, music videos are becoming less important. Also Dae Ho Park is a beautiful man. That is all.

Sexiest Male
This one is between Bilal, Sayyid, Kato, Dennis Shaw, Erich, Dae, Martin Skye, Elyar Black and Dominic Brown. Again my last prediction kind of gives this one away and it is very much down to personal preferences and Dae Ho Park is very much my type of guy so I'm having him with this one. But in terms of who I think will win. I think it'll be between Kato, Martin Skye, Dominic Brown and Bilal. But I'm very much flying the flag for Dae Ho Park to win this one. Yum.

Sexiest Female
Sexiest Female is between Isabel, Candice Cortez, Chaelin Hue, Aliya Rose, Serenity Scott, Miami, Karoliena S, Mercedes Payne, Rum & Coke, Ezra Allan. Again this is down to personal preference. I think Isabel will win this one and she's just about the most flawless looking person I've ever met and it hurts me deeply. But my personal choice would be either Miami, Mercedes or Ezra Allan to win the award. They're very much my type and I feel the need to refrain myself whenever I'm within the same vicinity of them.

Favorite Pop Act
We've got Johnny Carter, Eilidh, Lincoln, Mandy Williams, Isabel and Austin Nimmo. Ordinarily I wouldn't be able to see past Isabel for this award. But I think because she's venturing beyond just music, there's some people who are in with a chance this time around. I think Eilidh has shown how incredible she is as a popstar. Johnny Carter has been killing it, as has Mandy Williams and Lincoln and Austin has always delivered. It's a very tricky category but I think I'm gonna go with Johnny Carter here, because he has had the biggest improvement and maybe deserves the recognition a little more.

Favorite Pop/Dance Single
This one is tricky too, we have MakeAScene feat. Oscar with “Give Me Something.”, Eilidh with “What You Mean.”, Austin Nimmo with “Looking Up.”, Johnny Carter with “Come Out.”, Mandy Williams with “Something About Us.” and Lincoln with “Bang The Drum.”. I think Eilidh will win the award because that song was just about the most pop you could ever hope for in a song, it was the perfect pop song for me. I hope MakeAScene feat. Oscar or Mandy Williams win the award because I loved both songs and I think Mandy has had a difficult time and has handled everything so well and continued to put out great music all while dealing with such crap.

Favorite Urban Act (Female)
I love this award category because alongside pop-punk this is my favourite style of music. We have Miami, Rum & Coke, Lotus, Andrea and Cassie Valentine fighting it out for this one. I want Lotus to win this award, if not then Miami because they're both my girls. I brought them both to 'Songs to Love and Die By' and I love their individual lyrical styles. I think Rum & Coke will take the award and they both also deserve it because they're on top of the industry alongside Isabel and they have been for a little while in my opinion. I'd also like to see Andrea win this award, I'm a huge supporter of her music but I think the awards have come a little too early. She's set to fucking dominate when she puts out this new album though. I can't wait. But for now, I'm going with my girl Lotus or Miami.

Favorite Urban Act (Male)
This one is between Payton, Deneil, Drew Westbrook, Dominic Brown and Kidd Amaze. I'm going with Kidd Amaze for this one, he's widely talked about as the number one guy in rap right now and I think he's deserving of that title. I think he's gonna take home the award too. Outside shout is Dominic Brown, he picks up hit singles and puts out great songs but even despite that, I think he gets looked over quite a bit in the industry which is a shame. I know that sounds crazy to say considering he kills it every time his songs hit the charts. But I just feel like he gets a bit overlooked sometimes when it comes to music discussions.

Favorite Urban Single
We've got Andrea and Bilal with “Something for the Fire.”, Cassie Valentine and Drew with “Hurt”, Rum & Coke with “5$ Words”, Payton, Kidd and Matty with “At The Top” and Stephanie Fierce and Lotus with “Running On Fumes.”. I think this one is going to Payton. There's crazy star power on that track and I really enjoyed it. That's my tip for the award. If I was choosing personal favourite then I'd say Andrea and Bilal just edge it because “Something For The Fire” was probably one of my favourite recent songs and having the pair of them on a track together was absolute gold. But I have a feeling it could be Payton, Kidd Amaze and Matt Young.

Favorite Rock/Indie Act
This is my favorite genre and it's a little thin on quality in my opinion. We have Cristina Lake, Mariko Kobayashi, Barbie Doll and WINNIE. All of which are supremely gifted. I think Cristina Lake will win this track, if not for recent efforts but just simply because of her stature. I want Mariko to win this one, because reasons. I think Barbie Doll has tailed off recently and I think WINNIE is an absolute force to be reckoned with. But there is no James Urie, there is no The Enlightened, There is no Lily Abbot, There is no Reported Failure, There is no Julia Volkova and doesn't that just suck a little bit? Mariko ftw! She's hawt.

Favorite Rock/Indie Single
Again very much like before. I think Cristina Lake or Barbie Doll will win this category. I'd be okay with any of them.

Favorite K-Pop Act
This is a genre that has been on the rise for quite some time. This is between Dae, BYS, Mi•Mi and 9LIVES. Again my mini obsession with Dae wins out on this one. He's produced better music than the others. He also might be a tiny bit sexy. Just sayin'.

Best Album
Cassie Valentine, Kidd Amaze, Rum & Coke, Tisha Jackson and Aikya Balan. Is this another Urban Award. It makes it clear to me that we need to see a little more variety in the industry this year. A bit more Rock, Pop, Dance, Metal and all that stuff please. I'm going to go with Kidd Amaze with “The Rappers Handbook” or Rum & Coke with “Better in Tongues.” They're also my personal favorites in this category so win win. But once again, a little more variety would be great!

Best Collaboration
Alright, we've got Rum & Coke feat. Aikya Balan. Miami feat. Chaelin. Andrea feat. Bilal. MakeAScene feat. Oscar. Dae Ho Park and Coke. I think it should be Miami and Chaelin. They both are clearly superstars of the future. A couple of albums from them and the industry is theirs for the taken in my opinion. They have everything they need to get by and dominate. This one is a tricky category, you've had some epic team-ups this year. But I'm sticking with Miami and Chaelin.

Best Record Label
We've got Permanent Reminder, Five Pesky Kids, Studio60 Records, FREEDOM and Kaleidoscope Records. This category does make me miss the label business, running 'Songs to Love and Die By' was an amazing period for me and was so much fun. Kinda makes me want to get back into this side of the business. I think Permanent Reminder could win this one. I think they're less magnified than some of the others but in term of quality output, their artists have been delivering. My choice would be Studio60 Records. I think it changed the game immensely and it's roster has always been at the very top of the industry.

Best Producer
This one is a tricky one, it's between Drew, The Wolverines, Rum and Khalil Ferreira. Its' simply because my knowledge of their production work is fairly minimal at best. I'm gonna go with The Wolverines because I'm more familiar with their work as producers. Drew and Rum, I know what they've done as artists but I don't know their pedigree when it comes to production. Khalil is a fairly new one to me, I know there was a couple of songs that he's either put out or has been a part of and I'm sure he's super talented but I'm just not familiar enough. So for me, that's why I'll go with The Wolverines.

Best Band/Group
This is usually a hotly anticipated award, this year we have three of the best right now. Weekend, LUSH and Rum & Coke. I think my choice would be LUSH because of their recent work. I think they put out the best collection of music right at the end of last year, it was pure modern pop at it's finest and I adored it, so my choice is LUSH. But it's tricky, with Weekend, they are always favorites because they've become so iconic already in the industry and Rum & Coke are an absolute breath of fresh air. But I'm gonna let my heart rule over my head with this one and say that I think it should be LUSH.

Best New Artist
Best New Artist is between Lincoln, The Exhale, Johnny Carter, Anaísz and Lexi Marie Taylor. I've actually had both Anaísz and Lexi on my show and I think they're certainly gonna be a dominant force in the industry for many years. I'm gonna say this one goes to either Lincoln or Johnny, I'd be fine with either one of them. They're both very talented and have both had pretty epic rises within the music world in the last year or so and I think they're just great for the industry in general.

Best Single
Best single is from, Lincoln with "Bang The Drum", Eilidh with "What You Mean", Barbie Doll with "Human", Mandy Williams with "Something About Us" and Dae Ho Park with "CRASH!". I think I'm gonna say either Lincoln or Eilidh for this one. I think “Bang The Drum” was an absolute standout track for Lincoln and he definitely deserves the award for this one, Eilidh is very much the same “What You Mean.”. I have a soft spot for everybody in this category, so I'd really be happy with any of them.

Best Male Artist
Best Male Artist is fought between Austin Nimmo, Kato, Dae Ho Park, Dominic Brown and Kidd Amaze. If it was my choice, then either Kidd or Dae. But I think it'll come down to Austin, Kidd or Kato. I just think their appeal is a lot more powerful right now and since it is the fans voting, then I think those three have a little more power when it comes to fanbases. Dominic is also in with a shout though and I think Dae's fanbase is growing and growing, but it may be a little too soon for him to win this one. As sad as that makes me feel.

Best Female Artist
Next up is Best Female Artists and we have Andrea, Cassie Valentine, Eilidh, Tisha Jackson and Barbie Doll competing for this award. I think it's a straight up battle between Andrea and Eilidh for this award. My personal choice would be for Andrea just to edge it, but again I think Eilidh feels like she's been a little more prominent maybe. I'd be happy with either of them to win this award. But I do feel like it's a battle between those two.

*Fan Favorite* Award Nominees
The Fan Favorite Award is always a big deal and I don't understand why. I think it's such a blanket term and a needless award because it's not on merit of anybodies talent, it's about who has a bigger fanbase, from what I understand. I could be wrong, but that's how I view this award. Anyway, we have Dominic Brown, Austin Nimmo, Kidd Amaze, Rum & Coke and Weekend all competing for this award. I think it's between Weekend and Austin Nimmo and I think logic says that Weekend will win this one. I'd quite like it to be either Dominic Brown or Rum & Coke but I'm not wholly interested in this award.

Once again though, these are my opinions and I've only stated who I think will win and who I would personally like to see win awards. My knowledge of some categories are probably a little shaky too but hey ho. I do think it'll be a very enjoyable show and hopefully I will be able to go to the show and enjoy it live. Maybe meet Dae, I know, I know … the thirst is very real. But it's such a cavalcade of entertainment that really the awards are a side note to the show for me. I'm looking forward to seeing some live performances, a few that I would particulary like to see are, Lotus, Eilidh, The Exhale, The Enlightened, Riot! In the Boulevard, Johnny Carter and James Urie. I know a few of them have been relatively inactive recently but if there's a way to make a return to the industry then at the awards show would be a perfect time to do that. But there you have it, those are my predictions. What are yours!”

- Cara Zayn xoxo
thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 10/04/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/04/2017(UTC), kandii on 10/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 10/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/04/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/04/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 10/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/04/2017(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#27 Posted : 10 April 2017 02:33:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17909 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
erica:mariko,you guys are married now. i decree it.

Mariko:what? i know we have potential,but that is rushing thing a teeeeensy bit.

Erica: nope. married. twelve kids. house with a white picket fence. the works. not only does she think i should win the social media award,she seems to be a pretty big fan of yours toooo. wink wink,nudge nudge. but she also is a fan of dae. that just settles it. cara is wonderful. she called you hawt.

Mariko: *blushes* stop,hitomi. even if cara has your...i guess you could call her arch nemesis in the sexist female category ,slated to win?

Erica: yes...i mean,cmon. who wouldnt want to snuggle with izzy? i've come to terms with her being the poster woman for being sexy adorable. some people,like me just have to settle on being adorable. its a heavy crown to wear,but i manage.

nina:sounds like you need a scepter of humility too,love.

erica:its in the shop.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 10/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/04/2017(UTC)
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#28 Posted : 10 April 2017 23:28:19(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Tom: Good blog Cara, always a nice read. And don't worry, the Enlightened will be there for the next awards, we shall win with this incredibly brutal effort we're releasing in one month!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/04/2017(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#29 Posted : 06 August 2020 05:40:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

"BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!"
August 5, 2020

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

“Hey guys! Good fuckin' whatever, wherever you're from!

Today I can bring you the news that I've wanted to bring you for so damn long, After Dark will be returning to your screens for a third season, I believe we've finally managed to find a worthy home in the shape of Netflix. It's been a tough journey for my little chat show, being picked up by the E! Network and HBO during it's two seasons. Unfortunately HBO and myself didn't really see eye to eye on the future of the show as they were pushing for a more standard late night talk show, while I wanted to bring a little more of an edge to the show. We talked and talked and talked it over so damn much and I think they assumed eventually I'd give in but I said no every single time and permanently walked away from the negotiations in late 2018.

During this bizarre period of self-isolation and a whole fucking lot of wine and weed, I've been in regular discussions with Netflix over exclusively working with them in the future, there were a lot of talks about potential shows that we could develop together but one thing that kept coming back to me was “AfterDark” which they were interested in and eventually after a couple of months of talks we managed to agree a deal together which will see a minimum of ten episodes of AfterDark each year airing on the platform as well as development of other projects to be released exclusively on the streaming service.

I truly believe that we can take the show where I always envisioned it going, loosening up the standard talk show format and having some truly interesting and unique conversations with the biggest names in the entertainment industry in the hope that you will really get to know a different side to your favourite stars. We have only recently agreed the deal, but I will be immediately beginning work on AfterDark as well as putting together ideas for other projects to come this year.

So yeah, I think we finally fucking won the battle to get the show back up and running and hopefully done right. Let's see how this goes, hopefully ya'll will be along for the wild ride!”

- Cara xoxo

Edited by user 10 August 2020 03:51:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 06/08/2020(UTC), erich hess on 06/08/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 06/08/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/08/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 06/08/2020(UTC)