logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2017 07:19:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

YoungHood! Welcome to the show. How has things been this year so far?

Yo Thanks for having me here.

So let's go back a little. StarFactory season 3. You were on the same season as Joshua Grimmie, Marina Balan and Erik Zullo among others. How do you look back on that experience on the show?

It was a fun, you know it was short lived but we still kind of keep in touch. I heard Marina was on a track with Miami and Jay-C and Erik has been writing songs as well as Kim so it was just something to give us some national attention

You debuted not too long afterwards with an E.P titled, “Listen to the Track” which I think was a hugely underrated release. What were your expectations for that release and did it live up to it?

There wasn't really any expectations to it really it was more of a I'm here and this is my stuff if you like it. I actually used a producer BeatFreakz you help with some of the tracks, and it got mixed review of it cause it's not what a lot of people listen to. I try to have that gangsta rap that I grew up on but had a little bit of the soft side to it.

You've put out a couple of singles here and there. Do you think there's a chance that your fans will finally hear your debut album sometime soon?

The album will be out this coming year, I have to put this out before trump blows up the planet, so I hope that people will look at it and hear it out.

And what does the rest of 2017 have in store for you?

Hopefully something good and something that can make me happy. Things have been looking up fro me and I want to keep the trend going.

What can we expect from your debut album?

The ablum is something that you can play everywhere if your a hip hop fan. There is going to be a song for every mood. Hype, chill, romantic, heartbroken, playing games, pulled by the police. I going to have a track for everything.

The rap and hip-hop industry often goes through cycles. What do you think the state of those genres are like right now?

Rap is a little unstable, you have people that don't drop anything but every now and then. you have some artist that haven't put out music in a long time. I just want to be able to be contant.

And where do you think you fit in?
I think I play a part in the whole music scene, I don't want to fit in I just want to be able to do what I love to do in music and get paid for it when I was going to do it for free.

Let's talk briefly about your personal life. Are you currently in a relationship at the moment?
My personal life is good I am in a relationship right now with Tisha Jackson.

How is that relationship with Tisha going?
It's going well. I know about her past history and know a lot more than that. Tisha and I are just taking things slow and just living.

It's known that you aren't the biggest fan of Drew Westbrook. What are the reasons for your dislike for one another?
Really it's a long dragged out story but the short end is I would a different in opinions, we are both in the same thing for the most part we just have different ways of getting to the same goal. A goal that really only one of us can have.

Alright, time for some AfterDark questions. You up for that?
I'm up for anything. I never need to get ready I was born ready

An age old game, fuck, marry, kill. Tisha Jackson, Rum and Miami. Explain your choices?

Damn, I hate this game, Marry Tisha cause that who I'm dating right now and I want to be able keep that relationship stable. Fuck Miami cause to me she has the better body than Rum. Could I kill Rum lyrically? I can do that that just write a verse so well that when we collab I have the better verse.

The biggest star in the rap game right now?
That will be Kidd Amaze, he is a great lyricist and his style is impressive as well. There is him a gap and then

Worst thing to happen in the rap genre in the past two years?
Just the decline in the talent in general. We had like a wave of top talented lyricists, producers, and spitters. Two years ago we had so much more and now people just fell off and that is the worst thing.

Who would be your dream collaboration?
You remember that rap group spitset. I want to get on that can you imagine that be the song I kill Rum on... I'm kidding, kidding Nina T please help me with some of my tracks.

One person you think this industry can do without?
You know I don't really think hip hop could do without anyone. the whole industry. That Suzie girl, she is better as a model or housewife. Not a singer.

Alright, I think we should end it on that note. Thanks for your time!
Sure thing thank you for having me on bring me back.
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 15/04/2017(UTC), kandii on 15/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 15/04/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/04/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 16/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/04/2017(UTC)