logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2009 08:31:05(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Well, it's a collaboration you'd never expect to see. Failed Youth + Hannah Beth = Disaster?

Probably, but you should definitely give it a listen. Hannah's voice is stunning on the lead track, as is mine, obviously. We've also got a ton of huge riffs and some crazy pop influenced hooks. This really isn't like us, and the lads over at The Prisoners will hate us for it but we loved it. It's great, really relaxed and chilled out. Well the song isn't, but we felt the time recording it was. It was just a time for us to let out or softer time, and not worry about writing tortured, evil lyrics and just do some good old punk-political rambling words that we passed off as a song. It's basically just my opinion at the world and how I just want to burn shit! Haha, but seriously it's a really good listen and it's the closest to normal punk as we'll ever get. Not to mention Hannah, who really does pull it off and doesn't disappoint in anyway at all. So if you like Failed Youth and you like Hannah Beth this is a must buy. More information including a riff by riff word by word jam by jam.

1. - Burn;; 3:45

The song begins with a soft crackle, and after that a slow strumming of a deep bass guitar with a really thick juicy sound. The beat strumming is soon joined by the quiet playing of a drum kit, in a tribal, almost reggae sounding beat. Then both instruments stop and Jack comes in with a quick riff, and the song begins. Leo keeps up a tough flowing rhythm with his guitar whilst Jack plays a riff over the top. The bass is played in the background and the drums come in on the second bar. Billy and Hannah begin singing, with their voices merged eerily with a synthesiser. After the first verse it goes into a chorus, with Billy screaming out and Hannah singing. After the first chorus it goes into a more punky attitude with it, at which point the lyrics get very political. The chorus remains the same throughout, and Jack has a little play with a solo at about 3:15 til the end.

2. - Decapitation;; 5:32
3. - Forensic Analysis;; 5:23

Out October 21st

Edited by user 29 October 2009 09:06:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2009 07:46:00(UTC)
Aj

Man

Burn's descriptions up, and we'll post some info about how amazing it does in the charts!

Ciao!

Billy
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2009 11:10:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hannah Beth: I vote that as the BEST song in the world! Lol It was fun working with you guys. :]
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 25 October 2009 07:18:15(UTC)
Aj

Man

Chart Positions:

UK: 5
USA: 3
CANADA: 3
AUS&NZ: 1
STHAM: 1
ASIA: 5
EUROPE: 1
WORLD: 1

YES, that's right, with a lickle help from the wonderful Miss Hannah Beth we've managed to get to NUMBER 1 IN THE WORLD! As you can expect we feel so happy and we're really thankful to everyone who bought the single, and we hope you loved it!

Sorry, we had a little technology malfunction and couldn't upload the chart details until today, but anyway, hope you all enjoyed it!

The Failed Youth
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 25 October 2009 07:24:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Congratulations, the single's amazing never expected this collaboration to work as well as it did and i loved it.
looking forward to future releases
Max Armstrong (The Junction)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 25 October 2009 07:26:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hannah Beth: Sounds like a celebration to me! :D
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Taylr  
#7 Posted : 25 October 2009 07:30:02(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Taylor: I got the single. Brilliant I say. And no I'm not saying that because Hannah's in it.
Offline Marksy  
#8 Posted : 25 October 2009 07:47:33(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
"Billy and Hannah's voices together on burn are just amazing, it was worth buying."

Kieran Marks (The Verdict Is Vengeance, Secondhand Suicide)