logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2018 22:47:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Talk Is Cheap”
Artist: Savannah Haim
Album: TBA (2019)
Release Date: December 30, 2018
Length: 4:18
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Recorded: Blackbird Studios, Nashville, Tennessee - September 2018
Genre: Country
Label: Southbound Records
Writer(s): Savannah Haim, Brandon Caulfield
Producer(s): Savannah Haim, Brandon Caulfield

“Talk Is Cheap” is a song written and recorded by American singer-songwriter 'Savannah Haim', it's her second official release from the artist who signed her first record deal in September 2018 with 'Southbound Records.' It follows on the heels of her debut single “Young Love” which was released in October 2018 and surprised many by peaking at number two on the Airplay Charts. The track was written in the summer of 2018 and was written by both Savannah Haim and Brandon Caulfield, initially it wasn't ever intended to be something to record but following Savannah's signing to 'Southbound Record' and subsequent focus on recording an album, she decided that the then unfinished song would make a strong inclusion on her debut album. Which is when she returned to the song with Brandon and the pair finished creating the track before then recording it during the recording sessions for her record.

The song starts off with an acoustic guitar, the slow melodical finger-picking style of 'Avery Wyatt' comes to the forefront here which gives the track a more contemporary and familiar sound in comparison to the pedal steel country vibes of her previous single. Savannah begins the opening verse of the song with a strong vocal delivery as she sings, “Never wanted anybody's love like this
But I swear I wanna feel this way with you forever/I've never felt this safe before/Like things between us can only keep getting better/And people say we've lost our minds/That we're losing sense of who we used to be/But I say they can talk that talk/Because I just want you to keep on loving me.” she sings with passion and focus like the things she is singing about have never been in doubt. The songs theme throughout is one of a strong love being judged by outsiders that don't fully understand it.
The fact that it was written in the summer by Savannah and Brandon when both were becoming closer and closer and would eventually lead to the pair officially beginning a romance of their own shows that the song may come from a very real place, the lyrics about how 'People say we've lost our minds' stands out as some fans and critics have already questioned the relationship due to the fact that it began less than a year after the death of Brandon's wife Hannah and many have questioned the motives of Savannah. Perhaps she knew the negativity would come when their relationship became public knowledge and this was her response.

She continues lyrically in a similar vein, “I can see the occasional looks/The stares from across the room at us/They don't think that this will last/But I'm all in baby, no looking back.” before she quickly switches from a somewhat vulnerable position to one of strength and anger as she shuts down those judgemental figures in emphatic fashion. “Talk is cheap when you got nothing good to say/Believe me, I never thought it would ever turn out this way/Can't you be happy when you see things work out/Maybe if you ain't got nothing good to say/Then you should shut your mouth.” amidst the backdrop of the soft acoustic guitar playing, her voice becoming more and more powerful as she puts emphasis on certain words and phrasing to drive home her point that nothing will get in the way when it comes to matters of the heart.
The music then picks up pace a little more as Avery Wyatt switches from a finger-picking style to a strong and repetitive strumming to go in line with the rapid-fire delivery of a couple of shorter verses where Savannah sings positively about how she feels about the person she's in love with despite the negative eyes judging from a distance, “Cause I can see you lift me up/Give me joy that I've been searching for/And I feel that this is a powerful love/It's clear to me that this is real/This is the real deal/I love the way you hold me/The way that you make me smile/I love the way you make the worst days/Feel like they'll be over/In no time.”
We're then given the battle-ready pre-chorus and chorus once more before the song fades out to it's end.

Lyrics;

“Never wanted anybody's love like this
But I swear I wanna feel this way with you forever
I've never felt this safe before
Like things between us can only keep getting better
And people say we've lost our minds
That we're losing sense of who we used to be
But I say they can talk that talk
Because I just want you to keep on loving me

I can see the occasional looks
The stares from across the room at us
They don't think that this will last
But I'm all in baby, no looking back

Talk is cheap when you got nothing good to say
Believe me, I never thought it would ever turn out this way
Can't you be happy when you see things work out
Maybe if you ain't got nothing good to say
Then you should shut your mouth

Cause I can see you lift me up
Give me joy that I've been searching for
And I feel that this is a powerful love
It's clear to me that this is real
This is the real deal

I love the way you hold me
The way that you make me smile
I love the way you make the worst days
Feel like they'll be over
In no time

I can see the occasional looks
The stares from across the room at us
They don't think that this will last
But I'm all in baby, no looking back

Talk is cheap when you got nothing good to say
Believe me, I never thought it would ever turn out this way
Can't you be happy when you see things work out
Maybe if you ain't got nothing good to say
Then you should shut your mouth”

Personnel;

Savannah Haim – vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Avery Wyatt – acoustic guitar
Brandon Caulfield – lyrics, composition, production

Sounds Like;

Kelsea Ballerini - “Unapologetically”

thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 31/12/2018(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)