logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marksy  
#21 Posted : 25 October 2009 09:32:42(UTC)
Marksy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Best Artwork: The Verdict Is Vengeance - "Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Smashed Round Your Face"

UserPostedImage

Best Artwork: The Verdict Is Vengeance - "Falling From Heaven For You"

UserPostedImage

Best Newcomer: The Verdict Is Vegeance: The band have shown the potential to grow into a much more successful band over time, with new material being written and recorded at any chance, then re-recorded to get the songs to the best sounding quality they can be at. The bands gigs are amazing, you can tell the effort that each member puts into every little part of a performance. The debut album 'Falling From Heaven For You' is being recorded in the last week of November, and will feature guest artists such as Raven Comatose and Dreamer and will also have the demo single 'Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Smashed Round Your Face' re-recorded for the best quality possible. With a Winter tour supporting The Wicker Man planned across the UK and Europe, the future is looking promising for Kieran, Rob, Phil, Isaac and Matt.

Most Atractive Male: Kieran Marks - The Verdict Is Vengeance :

UserPostedImage

Most Atractive Male: Isaac Steen - The Verdict Is Vengeance :

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 27 October 2009 10:16:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline gumba  
#22 Posted : 25 October 2009 16:48:07(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Best Band - Pilot (the obvious choice really)
Best Newcomer - Pants Festival (also obvious)
Best Album - Remember The Future by Pilot (again, obvious. How could anyone not be getting this?)
Best Live Act - Pilot (chuh, like anyone could think it was anyone else)

That is all
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline old.gregg  
#23 Posted : 25 October 2009 18:37:31(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Okay, so I thought I should finally plug...

Best Solo Artist: Jakey Comatose
After a sold out UK tour, and two album releases in addition to many singles, Jakey Comatose has really taken the 2009 music scene by storm. Variety is something he sees as very important, having released songs under multiple genres such as: folk, alt. rock, grunge, indie, electronica, blues and countless more to come, as well as working closely with such talented artists as Regan Futrell and Lewis Mason, he strives to bring something original to the charts!

Best Live Act:: Jakey Comatose
Having just toured the UK with friends Quarantine and Failed Youth, Jakey is on top of his game. Heated up for supporting Pilot on their world tour as well as rumours of a dual headlining tour in the works, he has a bright future ahead of him! [OOC: For evidence of live shows, see below!]

Best Gig/Tour/Festival
Jakey Comatose, Failed Youth and Quarantine UK tour. Though only 6 dates, these three bands managed to rip up every venue they arrived at, with the manic stylings of Failed Youth, and epic sounding performances of Quarantine and Jakey Comatose to finish things off, this tour is on to a winner.
OOC: Here's the tour thread to help you decide!

A message from Jakey:
There are loads of great acts out there, but I'd really like to say thanks and good luck to three in particular, and they are Quarantine, Failed Youth and Pilot. Failed Youth and Quarantine are definitely two of the best live acts out there and I'd gladly share a stage with them any time, and Pilot are legends who I have the oppertunity to support, for which I am very grateful. Any of these bands, as well as Lewis Mason, The Bards, Bikki, and of course my lovely Raven Comatose deserve any of the awards they can be nominated for!

OOC: JUDGES.. NOMINATIONS.. PLEASE..
-
Offline bikz  
#24 Posted : 26 October 2009 09:21:18(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Best Band : Firecracker 47
Feline emo-jazz is still going, and pretty strong at that! Cute but controversial, The Nightside Bikithan Cat Collective's babies (kind of), F47 are full of life and fun. Not a joke band, but not totally serious either. Four distinct personalities in gothic guitarist Roxy, badarse bassist James, diva drummer Mikki and, of course, vivacious vocalist Joshy, the cutest thing since kittens, you can't not notice this lot - especially when you're shoe shopping.

Best Band : Madbirds
This "metal-for-girls" band, unfortunately for some, never died. Genre fusion explosion - beginning as screwed-up black metal, moving on to hardcore punk and riot grrrl, to their latest works in melodic death metal. Their live shows are legendary for the blood, sweat and tears (mostly blood) involved, not for the light-hearted viewer. Oh, and they're also known for their bitchy attitudes, and political correctness (or lack thereof). GIRL POWER!

Best Solo Artist : Bikki
So, erm, yeh. I can write and sing and dance. Vote for me.

Best Solo Artist : Raven Comatose
She's not just A female rockstar, she's THE female rockstar. Vocalist, guitarist, bassist, lyricist, artist, author, TV star and now Birdies co-owner - Raven's one of those annoying people who can do it all, is gorgeous with it, and her husband's made of even hotter stuff. Everyone wants a piece of Raven Comatose - how about you?

Best Solo Artist : Rayne Berry
Rayne Berry, DBM's first ever Birdiewinner, has been in pieces, recording his debut album "Let The Challenge Begin!" in hospital, starting out with his own label 'because i can.' records. Now, after writing a bestseller and getting a new look, this former Moronic Changeling vocalist/drummer is back for a second shot at the music industry. The challenge has begun, now it's time to continue.

Best Artwork (Click on the names for pictures.)
Firecracker 47 - "Forbidden Fruit" - poster
Firecracker 47 - "Jab"
In The Cold You Look So Fierce - "Six Feet Under The Stars"
Laura Firecracker - "If U Seek A Bikki"
Raven Comatose - "Piece Of Me" - poster

Best Single : Bikki - "Halo"/"Suffragette"
The double A-side "Halo" and "Suffragette" from pop star Bikki includes three songs - hairbrush "Halo", sinful "Suffragette" and bitchfest "Break". After beautiful performances at the 17th IMAs and MCT4, a dead sexy music video enchanting millions of YouTubers, and so much more promotion, this is finally it - Bikki's debut.
Lyric snippets -
1. Halo (ft. Stephanie Fierce, Madbirds)
Can you please take off my halo
This is impossible I just can't work this fast
Take off my halo
I'm not infallible my word is not the last
It's nothing but a crown of thorns
Breaking into my butterfly-print skin
Take off my halo
It's time for the world to let me in

2. Suffragette (ft. Raven Comatose)
I suffer (I suffer) I suffer (I suffer)
Let me die on the railings for all your sins
Suspend suspend why not befriend
Or don't you have that ability
Suspend suspend refuse to mend
A breakdown of such capacity
"What you gonna do, suspend me?"
You can't silence a suffragette

3. Break (ft. Firecracker 47) [B-side]
I prefer to break rules break hearts
Break your fucking face apart
Read the small print if you can
I'm dangerous that's what I am
I break hearts break rules
Conformity is for fools
And here's another breakthrough
Better dangerous than you

Best Single : Rayne Berry - "Colourful Angel" (Click here for full lyrics.)
The first release since he made his comeback, "Colourful Angel" is bound to be flying off the shelves .... despite its, ahem, darkly delightful selection of lyrics and drumbeats, and having four members of top o' the bill legends Moronic Changeling on it .... "Colourful Angel" is about Kess Briskett. Ooh ....

Most Attractive Male (Click on the names for pictures.)
Colin Nash (brunette), Chris Pratt (blonde) - ITCYLSF
Jason Dark - Madbirds
Joshy Firecracker - F47
Rayne Berry

Most Attractive Female (Click on the names for pictures.)
Mayhem - Madbirds
Molly Firecracker (blue dress), Mikki Moo (pink), Suzana Spears (black) - ITCYLSF
Raven Comatose
Stacy Blitz - Madbirds

Best Record Label/Management : Dark Blue Music
First there was Dark Blue Music, which ownz all. Then, there was the dawn of time, which made everything suck. DBM for a better world.

Best Personality
Fuck it, I need to sleep, or possibly die, or maybe just arse around on the forums .... pick any name from my lot. I don't do crap personalities.

That is all, apart from .... GET YER VOTES IN! I'll love you forever - or find something better!
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline C4AJoh  
#25 Posted : 26 October 2009 20:06:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
My Band The Junction would be interested in performing on the night, if there's any interest.
Offline bikz  
#26 Posted : 26 October 2009 20:10:44(UTC)
bikz

Woman

C4AJoh wrote:
My Band The Junction would be interested in performing on the night, if there's any interest.

http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=2873
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#27 Posted : 26 October 2009 20:15:34(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Reminds me - haven't started a dating thread. How did I forget that!? :P
UserPostedImage
Offline ALX  
#28 Posted : 27 October 2009 10:06:14(UTC)
ALX

Man

Most Attractive Male:
http://www.poptower.com/images/db/1749/420/300/bret-michaels.jpg Bret Tiger
http://www.realhp.de/members/bienchenmaja/mike_dirnt_14.jpg Roy Magnall
http://sp3.fotolog.com/photo/3/49/104/bass_photos/1245436589279_f.jpg Gregory Haver
http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kurt-cobain-photo.jpg Kenneth Bartoletti
http://www.axebay.com/blog/images/DaveGrohl.jpg Harvey Hellings

Most Attractive Female:
http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/avril-lavigne.jpgJenny Dalton
http://sp9.fotolog.com/photo/57/6/32/joan__jett/1230531591563_f.jpgCassie Browne

Best Band:

Volume 11- With a top 40 album in the US and Canada, this fairly recent metal/rock/grunge band from Seattle is climbing to the top. They are currently working on the second disc of their two disc VXI II album and touring the US, the UK, and Canada.
Sight Fails- A band of soldiers in the music industry, the band has survived the departure of a member, the death of another, and now Jenny Dalton (Vocals and Piano) is still working despite pregnancy.

Best Solo Artist:

Bret Tiger- After moderate success with his self-titled debut album, Bret immediately started working on his second, getting help from ZZ LaCruz, a singer from the Caribbean. He is making his US debut, with the first single from the album coming soon.
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline bikz  
#29 Posted : 28 October 2009 01:46:49(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Last day, people! If you're a judge and you haven't sent your votes in, send 'em in before midnight GMT, or they won't be counted.
Today is also your last chance to show off your artists, so if you've got more to say, then say it now! (:

Edited by user 28 October 2009 01:47:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage