logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 24 May 2020 19:01:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Cruel As Shit”
Artist: Kara Romero
Album: The Legacy Pt. I
Release Date: May 24, 2020
Length: 4:53
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay, 7” Single
Recorded: December 2019 – Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York
Genre: Rap, Hip-Hop, RnB
Label: Just Record
Written: November 2019
Writer(s): Kara Amelie Romero
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Orion

“Cruel As Shit” is a song from the Spanish-American musician/rapper 'Kara Romero'. The first official release from the artist since 2017, following an unexpected break from the spotlight. The track comes with the expectation that this will be the first of a number of releases in anticipation of a future album release which is as yet undecided. As stated, this song comes following a break from the industry for what was one of the rising stars of 2016/2017, the reasons for the break were due to personal issues with Kara recently stating online, “In an ideal situation I'd already be on the third or fourth album now, but life doesn't always go according to plan. It's been a challenging few years, but I do think that I'm on the other side of that now and I'm looking forward rather than looking back. A lot of the music that I put out will probably say more about the past few years than I could in any statement.”

The track was written in November 2019 by Kara and produced by Kara alongside the production group called, 'Orion' whom will also be serving as her backing group for her next album and subsequent touring alongside the album. The group is primarily a rap group that also works as a production team and have provided the backing music to much of the work that she's been creating for her next album. The trio grew up with Kara during her teenage years and she recently spoke of her relationship with them, “We became close friends at a time when the four of us were all in a messy place in our lives, trying to figure out how to make it in a cut-throat industry as teenagers essentially. It makes me proud that the four of us are still even around. It got pretty dark but it could have gotten so much fucking darker. I'm proud of myself and the boys for just still being here.”

Featuring a heavy drum and bass combination with minor guitar and electronic additional instrumentation the songs tone gives off a darker and heavier sound than we have previously heard from Kara as her lyrics depict a failing relationship but more prominently two lives not being lived to their fullest potential.
The song was recorded at Basement Studios in Brooklyn, New York where Kara has recorded for the majority of her career and will be released as a CD Single, Digital Download and 7” Single marking the next chapter of her career following her extended break. The track will be released on May 24, 2020 through Just Record.

“Cruel As Shit”

“You look around the room and you don't feel a fuckin' thing
Like shit don't matter and love is no longer filled with all the joy it's supposed to bring
Just looking at each other from across the room with empty eyes
Instead of leaving forever, we just stay together and play along with all the lies
Big happy family is all I ever wanted in my life
But happiness has gone from this relationship
And the certificate says that our names are husband and wife
What the fuck happened to the pair of us
This shit just ain't right
And this just ain't the life
Ain't the life we were both supposed to lead
Manhattan king and his Brooklyn queen
Supposed to be running this shit like we both did dream
Nobody would have ever questioned it
This world can be cruel as shit

We wake up everyday
Sweeping floors and serving food
Wasting all that potential away
We wake up everyday

You finish your shift and come home to a cold glass
Whiskey ain't enough to heal from all the labour that's kicked your ass
No pictures on the wall, it's just the coldest place to call home
And even when we're fucking, we feel no love at all
Potential wasted, life unfulfilled
I remember when every night used to bring a new kind of thrill
Dancing on the tables, friends and enemies
Have long since turned into fables
What's gotten into you and me
Did we really make it?
Yeah, we're still together
But are we truly happy, stuck in this shit forever

We wake up everyday
We wake up everyday

Sometimes I get so pissed, I just wanna kill myself
I know that ain't the option but I fear for my mental health
Have you ever been in love
And seen it go away
But had to be reminded of it
Every fucking day

Yeah, we're supposed to be running this shit like we both did dream
Nobody would have ever questioned it
This world can be cruel as shit”

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Kara Romero, Orion
Engineered by Augustine Francis
Recorded at Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Production Manager: Ignacio Santos
Mixing: Augustine Francis

PERSONNEL

Kara Romero - vocals, lyrics, production
Brayton 'Bellows' Carter - keyboards, backing vocals, production
Jadyn 'Boa' Ghalen - guitar, backing vocals, production
Jamal 'Circuit' Ghalen - drum machine, backing vocals, production
Ignacio Santos - bass, percussion, programming, production manager
Augustine Francis – engineering, mixing
Rebecca Lowell - photography, art direction

Edited by user 09 June 2020 03:27:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 25/05/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 25/05/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/05/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/05/2020(UTC), FiveT on 25/05/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/05/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 02/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2020 02:37:10(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Beau Elliot (Public Warning): Whoa, this shit hits deep. Recovering from a period of really bad health and, while my relationship is great, many of these lyrical nuggets still hit home. Life is short. Life is cruel. Life shouldn't be wasted on fruitless labour. Wonderful track.

OOC: Wonderful work as always. You're one of my favourite writers on here and I want you to know just how much I appreciate your efforts. I know you have a busy schedule and I admire that you still find the time to knock out these incredible tracks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/05/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 28 May 2020 05:52:15(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I LOVE THE HEAVY DRUM AND BASS PRODUCTION HERE! It's totally different from the material we're currently getting on the boards and I love the lyrics. Kara is always releasing music that is thoughtful, creative and DARK. And I love that. You've paved your own lane for Kara and I can't wait for the upcoming album. Your lyrics are amazing. Truly one of the best on the forum. Nice work with "Cruel As Shit" :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 30/05/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2020 07:46:26(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you for sharing your talents with the world! I'm obsessed! I have to say this song really touched me on a personal level, it's not a easy situation to be in and I'm sending love your way!

OOC: Absolutely love how the lyrics told a story and it flowed very well! You're very versatile as a songwriter and I admired that so much!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 30/05/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 30 May 2020 16:51:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Beau Elliot (Public Warning): Whoa, this shit hits deep. Recovering from a period of really bad health and, while my relationship is great, many of these lyrical nuggets still hit home. Life is short. Life is cruel. Life shouldn't be wasted on fruitless labour. Wonderful track.

OOC: Wonderful work as always. You're one of my favourite writers on here and I want you to know just how much I appreciate your efforts. I know you have a busy schedule and I admire that you still find the time to knock out these incredible tracks :)

Kara: I appreciate that, Beau. But for sure, life is too short to not be everything that you can be. Sadly it takes a little more than just talent and hard work. Luck plays as big a role in success as anything else. I know so many people that are above what they do and deserve more and I wanted to shine a light on those lives.

OOC: Thank you, it's writing lyrics that I can't seem to let go of. It's good to know that they're still at a good enough level :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/05/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 30 May 2020 16:55:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I LOVE THE HEAVY DRUM AND BASS PRODUCTION HERE! It's totally different from the material we're currently getting on the boards and I love the lyrics. Kara is always releasing music that is thoughtful, creative and DARK. And I love that. You've paved your own lane for Kara and I can't wait for the upcoming album. Your lyrics are amazing. Truly one of the best on the forum. Nice work with "Cruel As Shit" :)

OOC: Thank you! I always like to try writing for different genres. I have my own favourite genres but I can appreciate almost all types of music. I like to think that Kara's a character that I can do something a little different with lyrically. Glad that you enjoyed it! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 30 May 2020 16:59:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: Thank you for sharing your talents with the world! I'm obsessed! I have to say this song really touched me on a personal level, it's not a easy situation to be in and I'm sending love your way!

OOC: Absolutely love how the lyrics told a story and it flowed very well! You're very versatile as a songwriter and I admired that so much!

Kara: Thank you Stephanie, that means a lot coming from someone with the longevity and creativity that you've had over the years. The sixteen year old version of me is truly losing her shit right now. Thanks again, appreciate it!

OOC: Thanks, it's nice to change things up sometimes and write in this style for Kara. :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 30/05/2020(UTC)