logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2020 20:48:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Fuck Me Over”
Artist: Orion
Album: TBA (2020)
Release Date: June 24, 2020
Length: 4:38
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: June 2020 – Studio 60, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop, Trap
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Writer(s): Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen
Producer(s): Orion, DeAndre Patton

“Fuck Me Over” is the debut single by American hip-hop group 'Orion'. Having recently announced their signing to Tric-Jam Records, a subsidiary to Studio60 they quickly began work in the studio as they started to put some of their work down on record, one of the songs recorded was “Fuck Me Over” which was decided on as their debut single and lead-off single for their upcoming debut studio album which will be expected to drop later in 2020. The trio have been together as a music group since 2018 and have regularly performed live shows in and around their home state of Michigan. Their real big break and only major credit so far is a production role on Kara Romero's recent E.P “The Therapy Sessions (Vol, I)” which helped the trio gain a little more buzz in the lead up to their signing to a major label for the very first time in their career.

In the lead up to the singles release, the artwork was posted on social media and anticipation began to build throughout the week as interest in seeing what this hip-hop trio could bring to the industry began to increase as they announced it's official release date would be June 24, 2020. They teased on social media that the song was “for my people out there that have been fucked over by love but have come outta the otherside like a motherfuckin' G”. It's been said that the trio's mentality with their music is to write lyrics that make people feel and music that makes people move.

The music was primarily composed by Bellows and producer DeAndre Patton, with lyrics written by each member of the group for their individual verses. The song features a chorus which is sung by Marina Balan but uncredited. With it being confirmed that she will be providing additional vocals throughout the majority of songs from their debut album. She doesn't classify as a featured artist on the track as the vocals account for a minor section of the song, a standard with many hip-hop and rap songs that require sung sections on the track.
The track which clocks in at 4:38 was recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California in June 2020 and was produced by Orion alongside DeAndre Patton, it's set to be released as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single and made available to Weekly Airplay on June 24, 2020 through Tric-Jam Records.

UserPostedImage

“Orion” arrive in a now bustling music industry, but with their trap vibes and support from a major label re-invigorated the indications seem to point toward the trio certainly not getting lost in the crowd. We have little to go off other than first impressions and boy they certainly make a first impression. They're unique, they have their gimmick-that's-not-actually-a-gimmick (although a rap group of any sort is quite rare today), they're delivering an adult contemporary song that puts a smile on your face without trying too hard to be one for the clubs while most definitely becoming one for the clubs. If this was underground you could see it rising up and becoming a sleeper hit but it's got the might of a major label behind it that it almost feels like it already has a rocket strapped to it.

It's a busy industry once more and it could have been so easy for their label to peddle their image to hip-hop tracks written by a room of writers, but they've seen the authenticity and natural talent of the trio, (quasi-leader “Bellows” earned himself a scholarship to Berklee College of Music) and lyrically brothers “Boa” and “Circuit” more than hold their own, if not deliver at the same level of their younger cousin, perhaps lyrically even beyond on this track. But it's the composition of the track musically that stands out, put together by “Bellows”, it's trap and funk infused vibe creates something that's not exactly prominent in the mainstream today, I'd go out on a limb and say there's an influence by OutKast and early pre-Fergie era Black Eyed Peas. Although the influences are there if you look closely enough, it's still very much a sound of their own.

The verses delivered by each member all have enough about them to carry their own weight, vocally and lyrically. They throw out runs that capture your imagination like, “You fucked me over/But I can't resist you/Time heals all wounds/You're like my scar tissue (oh).” by 'Bellows', “They say that everything that glitters/Isn't always gold/And baby I know it's true/Cause you glitter like a motherfuckin' diamond/But there ain't nothing golden about you.” by Boa and personally my highlight of the track is the final verse by Circuit with runs like, “Now I don't go for matters of the heart/I go for purely aesthetic/I tend not to get attached/I just fuck it and bank it like credit.” which is just a brief cameo in a very strong verse, I think I already see my underdog.
And with a catchy RnB vocal hook by Marina Balan, you have yourself one of the strongest and most recognizable debut singles you'll get from a group that fills me with excitement based on this brief glimpse of what they can offer.

- Alyssa Jensen

“Fuck Me Over”

{Bellows}
“You hurt me once, I grow stronger (stronger)
You hurt me twice, I'm a goner (goner)
When I had nothin' you were ready to go (nothin')
But now I got somethin', you're all relationship goals (goals)
I know when you look at me, it's your desire
I know the clout is the flame that started this fire
You fucked me over
But I can't resist you
Time heals all wounds
You're like my scar tissue (oh)
When I was sleeping on the floor
All I could do is miss you
Now we fuckin' on a boat with no issues
I came from nothing to be something
You came for me now we bumpin'

Love used to hurt
Used to fuck me over
I've put my past
Over my shoulder
I know what I want
I make sure that I get it
Won't let my heart rule my head
I just won't let it

{Boa}
See if I've been fucked over once, then the trust is gone
We still be fuckin', but you ain't my only one
The real drip, diamonds and gold
I keep em' for the loyalist ones that I know
I learnt a long time ago
Never to trust a hoe
They say that everything that glitters
Isn't always gold
And baby I know it's true
Cause you glitter like a motherfuckin' diamond
But there ain't nothing golden about you

Love used to hurt
Used to fuck me over
I've put my past
Over my shoulder
I know what I want
I just won't let it

{Circuit}
I gotta be honest, I've fallen before
Had my heart broken way too many times and it shows
Fuck your high class, with your wine glass
I used to drink from the bottle
So my sorrows could drown like it wasn't an option
Just to get through it, I used to pop pills
Now I'm living in the fast lane
Like an adrenaline junkie looking for cheap thrills
Now I don't go for matters of the heart
I go for purely aesthetic
I tend not to get attached
I just fuck it and bank it like credit
Now I just ride around Rodeo in my newest jam
Got the finest looking bitches eating out of my hand
They can't play wit my heart
I never let em' get that close
If it starts to get too real for me
I'll just pop a bottle and take a higher dose

Love used to hurt
Used to fuck me over
I've put my past
Over my shoulder
I know what I want
I just won't let it”

Credits & Personnel

CREDITS

Produced by Orion and DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by Brayton “Bellows” Carter
Recorded at Studio 60, West Hollywood, California, USA

PERSONNEL

Brayton “Bellows” Carter – vocals, keyboards, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Jadyn “Boa” Ghalen – vocals, bass, lyrics, production
Jamal “Circuit” Ghalen – vocals, drum machine, lyrics, production

Marina Balan - vocals
DeAndre Patton – production, engineering

Sound Alike – Instrumental

Rae Sremmurd - “This Could Be Us”

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/06/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 24/06/2020(UTC), erich hess on 24/06/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/06/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 25/06/2020(UTC), FiveT on 25/06/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2020 03:41:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Marina: Loved being apart of this! You guys are really about to do the damn thing in 2020! Looking forward to the future boys!

OOC: Look at you getting out of your comfort zone! Thanks for having Marina lend some vocals to this track. I really enjoyed this whole RP throughout. The description and Rolling Stone review was really well written and gives a really good background of Orion and their come up, and the rap lyrics are great! Nice to see someone from UK make use of American slang so well. (; looking forward to Orion and great work on this as usual!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/06/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2020 03:10:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Marina: Loved being apart of this! You guys are really about to do the damn thing in 2020! Looking forward to the future boys!

OOC: Look at you getting out of your comfort zone! Thanks for having Marina lend some vocals to this track. I really enjoyed this whole RP throughout. The description and Rolling Stone review was really well written and gives a really good background of Orion and their come up, and the rap lyrics are great! Nice to see someone from UK make use of American slang so well. (; looking forward to Orion and great work on this as usual!

Boa: No doubt, we got a lot planned. Thanks for singing on the track for us.

OOC: I'm definitely out of my comfort zone. It's uncomfortable and it's scary and I don't like it! But thank you, probably the most effort I've put into writing lyrics and descriptions for quite some time so I'm glad that it's not entirely laughable. I'm trying to immerse myself into the genre, so it's a learning curve. But I'm definitely enjoying it. :)
Offline 2001clay  
#4 Posted : 27 June 2020 06:04:36(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Tika Mays: Wow this song is legit lit!!! I Like it and i gotta get ya'll song on my workout playlist and my mood playlist!

OCC: Great Job on this song
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/06/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#5 Posted : 27 June 2020 06:12:05(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Natasha: Yas! This song makes feel happy to be an independent, single woman right now to be honest lol

OOC: so many details and huge amount of work you put into this Andrew. I also think the lyrics are well thought out with their style and aren't a generic hurt-in-love type of song, they got some personality. :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/06/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 28 June 2020 03:29:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: Wow this song is legit lit!!! I Like it and i gotta get ya'll song on my workout playlist and my mood playlist!

OCC: Great Job on this song

Circuit: For sure, we wanted to come out swinging with the first single. Had to pick a good un'

OOC: Thanks! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 28/06/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 28 June 2020 03:32:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Natasha: Yas! This song makes feel happy to be an independent, single woman right now to be honest lol

OOC: so many details and huge amount of work you put into this Andrew. I also think the lyrics are well thought out with their style and aren't a generic hurt-in-love type of song, they got some personality. :)

Circuit: Ain't nothin' wrong wit that. Happy to provide ya'll with a jam!

OOC: Thanks, I've probably put more thought into the intro to these guys than anything. I really want to try to get this group right, thank you, hopefully their lyrics are unique and full of personality! :)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 30 June 2020 00:40:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
OOC: Again, excellent work. I love the detail you put into songs. I find it hard to articulate myself when it comes to my descriptions. You make it seem so effortless. Also, I know you're dabbling in something new here but it's flawless. With the way you've set up the track, the uncredited vocalist and the snappy chorus, it does seem like something I'd hear on radio today!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 01/07/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 02 July 2020 04:51:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Again, excellent work. I love the detail you put into songs. I find it hard to articulate myself when it comes to my descriptions. You make it seem so effortless. Also, I know you're dabbling in something new here but it's flawless. With the way you've set up the track, the uncredited vocalist and the snappy chorus, it does seem like something I'd hear on radio today!

OOC: Thank you! I feel like I put a lot more effort into getting this one right but it's so much more difficult to write descriptions for pop and rap music compared to the band stuff which I find a lot easier to write. I'm glad you think it's flawless, my main goal was for it to feel authentic so I'm glad that you feel like you could hear it on the radio. At the very least, it makes me think that I can do this sort of music.