logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 10 July 2020 22:51:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19112 time(s) in 7584 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Blake
Title: Rewrite
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop, Tropical House, Dance
Length: 35:31
Writers: B.Williams
Producers: Blake, Steve Mac, Benny Blanco, Mattman & Robin, Teddy Geiger, Starsmith
Format(s): CD, Digital Download, Vinyl
Label: BW Music (Independent)
Singles Released: Who Do You Love Now? (Peak: #4), Apple (Peak: #1)

Rewrite is the debut solo studio album from American singer-songwriter Blake Williams. It was released on July 10th 2020 through BW Music, an independent imprint owned by Williams himself. Work began on the solo project as early as 2014, following the demise of Williams' pop group The Zone. The album was originally titled Speak My Mind and was slated for a 2015 release but was later changed to Rewrite after multiple delays and changes in labels and management team. Primarily a pop record, Rewrite incorporates elements of dance and house. The album was executive-produced by Williams with additional help Steve Mac and Benny Blanco, among others.

Originally planned for a 2015 release; Blake stayed with the group's label, Five Pesky Kids, as a solo artist alongside now ex-band members Chris Adams and Jason Ochoa. Liam Allen chose not to renew his contract and signed with Kaleidoscope Records. Blake continued to work under the label until late 2016, when Pesky looked over their budget for the upcoming year and decided to reshuffle artists. Williams, Adams and Ochoa were all dropped from the label with the latter two seemingly quitting music indefinitely. Blake scrapped all the material he had recorded during his time with the label and decided to fund his own music, choosing to release independently. He claims that he needed to "cleanse", "throw out everything" and "build from the ground up". Williams describes his relationship and time with Five Pesky Kids as a "f***ed up whirlwind". With his now ex-boyfriend co-owning the label and seeing the demise of his band and also the solo careers of the members, Williams no longer found anything positive in being with the major label.

In 2016, Blake showcased an acoustic version of the track "Sleepwalking" during an Instagram live stream video. It was partially revised for inclusion on the album. Williams also previewed two other songs on the same day titled "These Days" and "Champagne" which did not make the final track list. Blake worked on more music in silence throughout 2017 with details only emerging again in February 2018 when he confirmed the completion of the album alongside two song titles, "The Ride" and "Feel", which he said he was "very excited about". Blake released the first single "Who Do You Love Now?" on May 4th 2018 with the album artwork and its title being revealed a day later. One month later, on June 4th 2018, Blake revealed the tracklist for Rewrite with the pre-order link going live on June 5th 2018.

The artwork for the album era was shot back in January 2018. The photographs follow a simple black and white theme. Blake alternated between a black leather jacket and plain white tees for the shoot, keeping a clean-cut, classic look. Williams' hair is also wet in mostly every shot taken. The official artwork for Rewrite was revealed on May 5th, showing a black & white image of Blake covering his mouth while having wet hair and wearing his signature leather jacket. His name and title are excluded from the cover. A parental advisory logo appears in the right-hand corner. The back cover features another black and white shot of Blake. He is turned away from the camera, kneeling down in an almost prayer like position and is barefoot inside and abandoned building.

The album's lead single "Who Do You Love Now?" was released on May 4th 2018. The record was met with overall positive acclaim from critics while fan bases of other pop singers, especially supporters of Weekend and Dustyn Blue were ambivalent towards the lyrics which many believed to be slanderous. Critics praised the maturity of the track, strength of the lyrics as well as Williams' "heartfelt" vocal delivery and "crisp" production. Despite positive reviews, the single initially performed poor commercially, peaking at only #85 on the Top Weekly Airplay Charts. It became a sleeper hit and eventually peaked at #4 in November 2018. "Apple" was released as the album's second single on November 25th 2019, over a year after the first single. It went on to top the charts, becoming Blake's first #1 record, something which The Zone did not achieve.

Blake described the album as a "ten track journey" which is set to tell the story of a relationship, the break up and the aftermath, making Rewrite a concept album. It is believed that the album's contents revolve around Blake's real life relationship with Weekend member Dustyn Blue, which was highly controversial in 2012 and 2013.

The album was initially pencilled for a June 2018 release. However, Williams postponed the project indefinitely due to personal and financial issues which resulted in him not being able to support, promote and commit to the record. After the November 2019 release and success of "Apple", "Rewrite" was given a new release date of February 2020 but the album was pushed back yet again due to the untimely death of Blake's then-girlfriend, Ashley Grimmie. Blake then participated in Celebrity Big Brother 7 in May of 2020, finishing in 5th place and becoming a polarising and much debated figure. Following his successful stint, Blake surprise dropped the album in July 2020.

T R A C K L I S T

The Ride
Sealed With A Kiss
Fixer Upper
Apple
Needed You
Sleepwalking
Roses
Who Do You Love Now?
Feel
Rewrite

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 11 July 2020 00:05:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 10/07/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 10/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/07/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 10/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RadioVine on 31/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:49:23(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: The Ride
Genre(s): Pop
Length: 3:14
Producer: Blake, Starsmith
From The Album: Rewrite

The Ride is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the opening track on the album's track listing, The Ride was solely written by Blake Williams himself in mid-2017. British producer Starsmith produced the music for the song alongside Williams himself, dabbling into the field of production for the first time. The Ride is a pop song filled with "heavenly synths", "heavy kicking drums", "crunchy house beats" and "cooing vocals" from Blake. Williams is noted for having very "soft" and "lilting" vocals in comparison to his former band mates and fellow pop counterparts. They appear even more understated and mellow here, almost whispering over the hard beats.. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, The Ride serves as the introduction to it all. It reflect the "adoration" felt within a brand new relationship - promising the world, seeing everything through rose coloured glasses and thinking that it will last forever.

"The entire album is a journey from start to finish. Everyone knows that the project is about my experience in a very public and life changing relationship as well as the fallout and consequences from said partnership. Throughout the album we see highs, lows, love, hate...we go through the spectrum and then find a place of calm. "The Ride" is the very beginning, hence why it's the opening track. It's the most positive in lyrics and overall feel. It's the sort of rose colored glasses, honeymoon phase. Production wise, it's one of the most upbeat, commercial, poppy sounding tracks on the entire album and that reflects the sheer joy I was feeling at that point in my relationship. It's catchy, it's feel-good, it's one big love song, really. It takes about being there for someone no matter what. You think you can handle whatever they and life throws at you. You're sort of blinded by this intense love and experiencing something brand new and thrilling. For me, this was not only my first REAL relationship but it was also my first one in the public eye. It was chaos but a good kind in the beginning. Those twanging, attention grabbing, crunchy house beats reflect the intensity. Although feelings change as the album progresses, this song definitely captures the essence of the fast-paced, extreme living, ride or die nature of the early chapters."

The Ride
Act I: Adoration

The smartest ones would start with a plan
Dumbstruck by love, we just run as fast as we can
It's only our future we hold in our palms
Like it's no big deal, 'cause these are the safest hands
You're down for me, I'm down for you, let's ride

When we run out of silver and gold
You're still my glitter and I'm still your hand to hold
Oh oh and when I have to go
You don't have my body but you know you got my soul

Some may come and some, oh they may go
Loving you on top and then they leave you low
I'll be down in the trenches, I'll be soaring high
Whatever you're feeling, know I'm here for the ride
I'm talking about forever, baby
It's evergreen, never ending, baby

You've got baggage but, baby, so do I
Roll in our dirty laundry, no shame with your ride or die
So wrong at times but we can take it and romanticize
Everyone knows that it's wild, let's put stars in their eyes
You're down for me, I'm down for you, let's fly

When we run out of silver and gold
You're still my glitter and I'm still your hand to hold
Oh oh and when I have to go
You don't have my body but you know you got my soul

I bite my lip, it's getting tense
With you and I, it's always on the edge
You lay the cards out, there's no pretence
I'm buckled up as we take on this open stretch
You know I'm here for the ride

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 10/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 10/07/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 10/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:50:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Sealed With A Kiss
Genre(s): Electropop, Tropi-pop
Length: 3:08
Producer: Steve Mac

Sealed With A Kiss is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the second track on the album's track listing, Sealed With A Kiss was solely written by Blake Williams himself in 2016. Award-winning British musician, songwriter, and record producer Steve Mac produced the music for the song after Williams sent him an acapella recording of the song with a rough melody formed. "Sealed With A Kiss" is an electropop song with "dreamy tropical steel-pans", "pulsating underlying beat", a "repetitive earworm hook" and "angelic vocals". The track sees Blake sing its majority in falsetto, giving the pop song a very "light" feeling overall. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Sealed With A Kiss is the second instalment in the journey. It is situated in the "happier" part of the album but is the first track to introduce some negative feelings. Blake calls is the "red flags" song, where signs of decline start to appear but they are ignored and written off as something else.

"Following on from "The Ride", we have "Sealed With A Kiss". The song is still very much representing that glorious, honeymoon phase but this is the first time we see little glimpses of doubt and things not being quite right. In my relationship I would see things that should've been huge warning signs. Alarm bells really should've been ringing but I passed it off as me being paranoid and I was also falling into the beginnings of alcohol and drug abuse so not only was my judgement clouded, my priorities were fucked up too. I cared more about having a good time than dealing with serious adult issues. The earlier verses of "Sealed..." do show a little more frustration and weariness. We're at a club together, as a couple, but he's off getting attention from other guys. As the song goes on, I sort of "loosen up" and brush it off as me just reading too much into things and then being somewhat braggadocious about the fact that I have this beautiful guy that everyone wants!"

Sealed With A Kiss
Act II: Red Flags

Whiskey dancing, nineteen eighties loving
Into the groove, you keep it rocking
All eyes on you and you keep 'em coming
I say it's nothing, I say it's nothing

The light shines, it's getting hot in here
As drinks go down, the clothing disappears
Is it a show for me or something I should fear?
With you it's never clear, it's never clear

They're acting like they know you, the way I, way I do
But you like it when I'm jealous, love watching that body move
Is it all just some play or is this really true-blue?
There's no time for thinking, I just wanna rock with you

So come and take me, love me with your lips
Let's lock down before we let something slip
Stripping it down, keeping up a disguise
Keep it hush, it's only sweet nothings tonight
Before we say too much, just seal it with a kiss

Sealed, sealed, sealed wi-with a kiss

Joke about the numbers you were slipped tonight
Can't blame them, you're the most beautiful in sight
You're my dance floor king, baby, you're my delight
Let's go 'til morning light, morning light

They're acting like they know you, the way I, way I do
But you like it when I'm jealous, love watching that body move
Is it all just some play or is this really true-blue?
There's no time for thinking, I just wanna rock with you

Back at our place, all worries fade away
The way you work it, there could be no mistake
It's all for me, I give it all to you
Nobody knows that body like the way I, way I do
And when I get out of my head, you put it down
When things just aren't making sense, you turn it round
Now remind me how I'm so damn lucky
Quick, gimme a taste of that famous honey

Wi-with, wi-with a kiss
Wi-with, wi-with a kiss
Wi-with, wi-with a kiss
Wi-with, wi-with a kiss

(Repeat chorus until fade)

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 10/07/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 10/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 10/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:51:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Fixer Upper
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 3:31
Producer: Blake

Fixer Upper is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the third track on the album's track listing, Fixer Upper was solely written by Blake Williams himself in 2017. The track also stands as the first composition produced entirely by Williams himself, after co-producing a number of songs alongside other established creators. "Fixer Upper" is an R&B and pop crossover track. The song utilises Blake's falsetto register like in the previous track, only sounding more muted this time. With its soft vocals, layered harmonies, slowly bouncing synths and tempo; it has been compared to the works of artists like Justin Timberlake. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Fixer Upper is the third instalment in the journey. It is at the point in which the pros and cons of the relationship are pretty much level and Blake has to lie to and convince himself that he can fix everything, refusing to admit that the situations should not be this dire. It is dubbed as the "savior complex" song.

"I'd say that "Fixer Upper" is pretty much the beginning of the end. The good and the bad are pretty much on par with each other but we try to ignore that and power through. I remember at that time, the both of us were a mess and the only real sense of normality we had was each other. Our work schedules were insane, the paparazzi were so invasive, the drugs were...well lets just say we're both lucky to be alive. Coming home and having someone else there was the only real source of comfort and sense of purpose. If we let that go, we would really lose our minds so we just kept on keeping on. It was in a more selfish way than out of true love, in all honesty. Yes, there was still love there but it was the fear of letting the comfort blanket go that kept us together at this point. We were getting into a rut, severely damaging our minds and bodies...anyone from the outside would easily see how toxic that was but it was safe to us. The whole idea of the song is just brushing off this death trap of a relationship as a "fixer upper". It just needs some work and love!"

Fixer Upper
Act III: Savior Complex

It's not just the sun that's hurting your head now
A mumble in the bed, tired eyes want the lights down
You say that being with me is your safe place
But you're always on another planet, different day, different face
You jet off to a fairy tale when this would feels colder
I'm the Prince Charming lifting you over my shoulder

I feel you too, I inhale to drown out all the noise
And I just laugh it off when you strip down for the boys
When you cry out, know that I'll always be here
In it for the long run but I think you play by ear
I'm not saying that I'm smelling of roses
But there should be a limit to the shit up our noses

I could blame it on myself, I ignored the cracks and glitches
Saw the beauty in the pain, thought I'd use my kisses as stitches
I could just wash my hands of it all, call it a day
It's so damn hard to love you but I love you anyway

You're every broken boy and I'm trying to fill that void
We can make each other whole, we can fix this up
I'm every broken man and we're doing the best we can
We can make this house a home with a quick fix it up
I can fix it up, swear I can fix us up

Tried to talk to God but it was lost in the air
You even said as much, it's not like anyone else cares
Two wanderers on this road, you latch onto my back
But if it keeps you close, guess I like it like that
Hold my head up high as we're both coming undone
I'll carry you, though I can't see the horizon

I could blame it on myself, I ignored the cracks and glitches
Saw the beauty in the pain, thought I'd use my kisses as stitches
I could just wash my hands of it all, call it a day
It's so damn hard to love you but I love you anyway

Barren of a soul but we still have skin and bone
Keep on keeping on, medicate with the next prescription
I'm growing tired of the pills and cheap thrills
But I'll still follow to make it easier to swallow
You're back up on cloud 9 and I'm running far behind
I've got my arms outstretched before you

I've got my arms outstretched before you

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 10/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 11/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:54:48(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Apple
Genre(s): Pop, Trip Hop
Length: 3:28
Producer: Benny Blanco

Apple is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. It was released as the project's second single on November 25th 2019 and became Williams' first #1 hit. Appearing as the fourth track on the album's track listing, Apple was solely written by Blake Williams himself in early 2017. Award-winning record producer and Songwriter Hall of Fame member Benny Blanco produced the music for the song after a lunch meeting with Williams in which he brought up the initial rough demo of Apple. The track was originally titled The Apple Tree and was registered on ASCAP in December 2017. "Apple" is set in a minor-key and features "chilly synths" with a "slick, anchoring beat". The song infuses minimalist pop trends with electronic and "trippy" urban influences. Blake's delivery has been described as "light" and "sexy", juxtaposing the intense lyricism. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Apple is the fourth instalment in the journey. The song documents Blake's decision to leave the relationship and confront his ex. It is dubbed as the "home truths" song.

"I know that "Apple" is going to have a lot of people up in arms because of how specific it is. Fans and the public who were familiar with my relationship and situation already know what the album is about but a lot of the songs are vague enough to allow others to put their own imprint onto the lyrics. This one is one of the most personal and specific. This was the breaking point. I was a mess and my partner was growing worse with each passing moment. It got to the point where I hated him. I had to walk away before I fell into the whole Stockholm syndrome thing. I spent many nights feeling guilty - feeling like it was my DUTY to stay because he could self destruct but I had to snap out of that otherwise we both would've went down. He was...pretty unbearable at this point. The whole idea of "apple" is me telling him that he's become the very thing he didn't want to be; his father. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. He might not have been a carbon copy of his dad but the end result was the same; manipulative, selfish, guilt-tripping, bit of a God complex. He was doing to me what his father used to do to him. Like he did all these years ago, I also walked away from that toxic shit."

Apple
Act IV: Home Truths

Hit the point of no return, there's no going back
Tired of drinking the waters that are turning dark
I'd hold you close and you'd just twist the knife in
I put in my all and it was zero fucks you were giving
Another put down, another cold shoulder, can't go on with that
I'm pulling this lifeline, you can go back to black

There was a time I'd do anything to keep you sweet
And when I knew things were wrong, I'd want you to lie to me
Both needed love and you wanted someone to nurse your heart
Far too complicated, I never should have played that part

You don't believe in the story of Adam and Eve
But this fall from grace goes way beyond belief
Looking in the mirror, you can't stand what you see
All your hate and frustrations, you take it out on me
Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Spent years running from what you never wanted to be
Now you're another poison apple in your tainted tree

Told me how you wanted to tear up the old family values
Fuck all of the rules because they don't belong to you
Play the game and manipulate just so long as you're happy
Don't care about the casualties, acting just like daddy
He also liked to bury his head and hide from the truth
Funny how you hate when people say he looks just like you

I wasn't being difficult, I really tried to keep this sweet
I grew tired of the pain and how you'd always lie to me
Both needed work but you let the ice take over your heart
I'm leaving here tomorrow, I never signed up for this part

Seemed ripe for the picking but was full of bad seeds
Should've let it drop and get lost among the weeds
Lucky I took you home, the birds of prey have to eat

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 10/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 11/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:56:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: When I Needed You
Genre(s): Pop, Dance Ballad
Length: 3:48
Producer: Blake, Benny Blanco

When I Needed You is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the fourth track on the album's track listing, When I Needed You was solely written by Blake Williams himself in late 2017. After working on "Apple", award-winning record producer and Songwriter Hall of Fame member Benny Blanco returned to the studio to work on a new track in the form of "When I Needed You", with Blake co-producing this time. The track is a sparse dance ballad, with elements of tropical pop within the production. Despite the angry content within the lyrics, the overall tempo and Blake's vocal deliver are both subdued - reflecting the "calm anger" after organising his thoughts and feelings, saying what has to be said. With a clear mind and viewpoint of the situation, Blake realises there is no trust or love left and can therefore detach at this moment. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, When I Needed You is the fifth instalment in the journey. It is a "kiss off" to his ex, berating him for his past actions and questioning if the entire thing was always this one-sided. It is dubbed as the "hatred" song.

"This is the halfway point of the record and here it reflects that moment of power that comes with realisation and ending a relationship. "Apple" was ending the relationship and "When I Needed You" is based on one of those "fuck you" arguments you have during that raw time immediately after the breakup. The lyrics are rather biting but the production and my vocals are real soft on the track to reflect how calm and collected I was in some of those moments. That's the worst sort of pissed off - when you're so over someone, you can't even be bothered shouting. You calmly read them their last rights and list off everything in a very matter of fact way. "Fuck you for X, Y and Z". It's about when you've had some space to breathe and rethink things. You start to see things for how they really were because you're no longer in that bubble. You start getting mad not only at your ex but at yourself for overseeing things, for letting situations get that way when it was clear as day all along. I think the song embodies that confidence that comes with cutting someone off. You think you've got everything sorted out and you're ready to move on. That's until the next chapter hits..."

When I Needed You
Act V: Hatred

I really don't care what you think of me
Drunken daggers, I'm familiar with that speech
Blindsided once then I played the fool
Gave up on me to give it all up to you
Started to think that I deserved it
On my knees, stuck between defeat and worship

Had about as much as anyone could take
I've got nothing left for you to break
Your insecurities all taken out on me
Shut your mouth, it's my turn to speak

In your arms, I used to find salvation
Now security don't even come into the equation
Cut the ties and it hurt like a bitch
I'll put myself back together stitch by stitch
Stop with the puppy eyes, I can see right through
Yeah, where were you when I needed you?
When I needed you...
When I needed you, yeah

You and I, we've both been damaged
You and I, we're a little hard to manage
But just because I've been there before
It doesn't mean I love laying broken on the floor
Pulled me down to raise yourself up
Always crushed my heart and dressed it up as love

Had about as much as anyone could take
I've got nothing left for you to break
Your insecurities all taken out on me
Shut your mouth, it's my turn to speak

When I needed you...
When I needed you, yeah

Thumping in my chest, hands on the sink
This wasn't how it was meant to be
Medicating just so that I can't think
Turning my head 'cause I didn't want to see
Thought we'd be the ones to make it
Laugh in their faces, the exception to the rule
Now I see how much time was wasted
And I can't get back what I spent on you

When I needed you...
When I needed you, yeah

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 11/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 11/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:58:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Sleepwalking
Genre(s): Trap, R&B, Pop
Length: 3:11
Producer: Starsmith

Sleepwalking is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the sixth track on the album's track listing, Sleepwalking was solely written by Blake Williams himself in early 2018. After trying to produce the song himself and being unhappy with the results, Blake handed the song over British producer Starsmith, who previously produced "The Ride" for the album. Sleepwalking is a "laid back" trap and R&B song with many vocal effects and has an overall subdued vibe. The hazy style of Blake's delivery and the production represent how detached and strung out he's feeling. After each chorus a "jumble of edited vocal gibberish" vocals to reflect the constant flow of conflicting thoughts in his head. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Sleepwalking is the sixth instalment in the journey. The song shows how badly Blake is coping after the breakup, reflecting the comedown and realisation that he's on his own. He likens leaving the relationship to quitting a drug habit. It is dubbed as the "withdrawal" song.

"Yeah, "Sleepwalking" is one of my favorite songs on the record but it's all about probably one of my least favorite parts of a breakup- the depression. The previous tracks were filled with heightened emotions and, as negative as they were, still filled me with adrenaline at the time. I was all "fuck him!" and ready to move on to a better life but not longer after, the reality of "oh shit, I'm alone!" set in. You spend so long being part of something bigger, falling into a routine with someone and getting so wrapped up in the chaos that when it is swept away from under your feet...your stuck. You don't know what to do, what fucking day it is, you're mourning, you're feeling sorry for yourself, you're feeling pissed at the world. It's like a really bad comedown from an immense high. Having to be in reality without actually BEING there, you know? After the chorus in this track, there's a bunch of gibberish played sped up over the subdued beats and I feel like even that little section alone shows the contrast of life and my mental state at the time. Life was going by at an ungodly speed while my mind was barely functioning."

Sleepwalking
Act VI: Withdrawal

When you gonna wake up?
When you gonna wake up?
When you gonna wake up to reality?

Simple little things have me tongue tied
Same places I know but I'm on the outside
All the conversations have turned so boring
I stumbled up all alone to my bedroom
Still so hard to sleep without you
Red eyes wading through another morning

Swore I'd be better off alone
But I pray for you to light up my phone
Another day, sun shines through the curtains
If only this life could be as certain

Guess it's all true, I'm just a fucking addict
So hung up on you, trying to kick the habit
One quick fix could ease the shakes
Just add it to my list of endless mistakes
Loose lips, they just keep on talking
The world keeps spinning and I'm sleepwalking

[Edited vocal breakdown]

I don't want these toxins in my system
But I can't ignore how something is missing
Conflicting thoughts are frying the circuits
Was it my fault for being so naive?
Weaned on a diet of total make-believe
Should paint another smile and join the circus

Swore I'd be better off alone
But I pray for you to light up my phone
Another day, sun shines through the curtains
If only this life could be as certain

[Edited vocal breakdown]

When you gonna wake up?
When you gonna wake up?

When you gonna wake up?
When you gonna wake up?

[Edited vocal breakdown]

When you gonna wake up?

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

2001clay on 11/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 11/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/07/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 12/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 10 July 2020 23:59:45(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Roses
Genre(s): Pop, Trap, Hip Hop
Length: 3:21
Producer: Blake

Roses is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the seventh track on the album's track listing, Roses was solely written by Blake Williams himself in early 2017. The track was also entirely produced by Williams with the singer playing the guitar heard on the song too. Roses has been described as a midtempo pop, trap and hip hop ballad that features acoustic guitar and hand-clap beats. Blake sings in a low and breathy tone, with many dubbing it as one of his most emotive vocal performances. His voice grumbles and "yearns" just like the lyrics within the song. Roses uses many floral references to describe both Williams himself and the beauty within the world, however he lacks the belief and confidence to truly grow and appreciate it all. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Roses is the seventh instalment in the journey. The song sees Blake overcome the fallout of the relationship but finding himself without confidence or a plan to move forward, still struggling but pushing to "find himself". It is dubbed as the "limbo" song.

"This was one of the most difficult songs to write. It was a tough time for me. I call this the "limbo" act. I was out of my strung out, depressed, unshaven, reclusive state I was in on the previous track but I wasn't "there" yet. I looked fine and so people had these expectations and I in turn put pressure on myself to move forward even when I didn't have the tools. Like "Come on, Blake! Fucking pull yourself together!" - those kind of conversations in the mirror. I WANTED to move forward and knew that I HAD to otherwise...well, I'd probably just fucking die. I would see others, people real close to me, advance in life; get promotions, married, get fit, have babies and all that. I wanted to do that but I just couldn't. I was frozen. I was scared, I didn't know how, I don't know what my best move was, didn't know how to put myself back out there again. Not even so much as in the sense of dating again, I just mean like a functioning person; being social, working on my craft, fucking smiling for once. It's a really tense state of being in the middle. I could've easily leaped forward as I could have fallen back."

Roses
Act VII: Limbo

Wanna wake up one morning and smell the roses
Long time coming but I'm making progress
Hate that everything is so damn complicated
Wanna strip it all down back to the basics
Got no fucking plan but this life continues
Hang around long enough to receive some good news

I hope someone else is feeling stupid too
I don't want to be the only fool
Hope this frustration cracks these walls
And clarity breaks through as freedom calls

Petals fall off and they turn to black
Try to reach out and all the thorns attack
Struggling to find the beauty
When God's creations cut through me
Teeth are clenched, stomach's in knots
But I'll keep searching, never giving up

Scared to take the step, scared of the fall
Scared to stand still and miss out on it all
Wish it was as easy as it seems in the movies
And a prick on my finger didn't leave me woozy
Waiting on a star to fall, that sign from above
Waiting on that push that gets me to shove

I hope someone else is feeling afraid too
Stuck without a map, without a clue
Pray the pressure builds and barriers fall
And clarity breaks through as freedom calls

Roots feel unsteady as I blow in the breeze
Close my eyes and take it all in as I breathe
Weathered the world as the air grows crisper
Battled the winds down to a gentle whisper
Used to the rain, standing out in the gloom
If I can handle that then I deserve to bloom

Reaching out for the sun
Reaching out for the sun
Reaching out for the sun

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#9 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:01:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Who Do You Love Now?
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop
Length: 3:36
Producer: Steve Mac

Who Do You Love Now? is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. It was released as the project's first single on May 4th 2018 and was a sleeper hit, eventually peaking at #4 in the November of that year. Appearing as the eighth track on the album's track listing, Who Do You Love Now? was solely written by Blake Williams himself in mid-2017. Production was handled by Steve Mac, whom Williams worked with previously as part of The Zone. With its release, Williams became the second member of the band to release any solo music as a lead artist, following Liam Allen who debuted back in 2015. Who Do You Love Now? is a mid-tempo pop song in the key of D minor which incorporates subtle tropical pop beats over repetitive string plucking and soft and emotive vocals. The song sees Blake reflect on where he and his ex both went wrong and wondering if his former lover is happy now. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Who Do You Love Now? is the eighth instalment in the journey. The song sees Blake admit that they were both extremely toxic together but, despite that, he still cares and wishes his ex well. It is dubbed as the "acceptance" song.

"This track, Who Do You Love Now?, was the first single. I just thought it perfectly encompassed not only the sonic elements of "Rewrite" but all the emotions throughout the record. It touches on the bad shit, what could have been, the mistakes on both sides and also the love that I don't think will ever go away. From "Roses" onward, the album is far more introspective. It's me thinking about all the shit that went down, my flaws, his flaws, what and where things actually went wrong. The anger is gone, the upset has subsided, I have much clearer vision and perspective on this last run on the album. Who Do You Love Now? is not only admitting that we were toxic as fuck but that, even despite everything that went on and has been mentioned on this record, I still care about him. He meant a lot to me and all the crazy shit aside, I still wish him well. I know for a fact that I'd be devastated if I heard that he was in a bad place. The song is the "acceptance" one. Accepting that there were faults on both sides, that we just couldn't work as a couple and acknowledging the fact that he'll always have a place in my heart. I think that's OK and healthy to admit. It doesn't mean you want your ex back but some people who come into our lives leave an imprint on our hearts and we're just not the same after that. He'll always be in my thoughts. I wish him the best."

Who Do You Love Now?
Act VIII: Acceptance

We could've been all shades of gold
But we let it rust, left out in the cold
Boiling red blood simmered back down
We could've been the lucky ones
A far cry from what we've both become
Still hurts to say that shit out loud

It was a mistake ever thinking I could fix you
And I was off your tracks, living by my own rules
Always had someone new sneaking into our bed
When they were in you, it was still me in your head
We called that love, that was just us

It was so hard to break a habit
It was so hard to take that final bow
I know the harsh words burned like acid
But late at night, I find myself wondering
Who do you love now?
Who do you love now?
Yeah, who do you love now?

We always ran to each other's side
I pulled you back from protesting fires
Didn't think we'd get burnt by ours
I adored every fucking inch, I hope you know
From your head all the way down to your toes
Still ticking on my mind in the small hours

Say that if you love someone, you gotta let them go
I couldn't just sit back and watch that shit anymore
You were on another planet, I was self destructing
We had to breathe and bail out before it all erupted
What we called love was killing us

Who do you love now?
Who do you love now?

It was so hard to shake that confusion
It's still a hard pill to swallow down
I still replay that damn conversation
And late at night, I'm still wondering
Who do you love now?
Who do you love now?

Oh, who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Oh, whoa, oh
It was a mistake ever thinking I could fix you
And I was off your tracks, living by my own rules
We called that love, that was just us

Who do you love now?
Who do you love now?

It was so hard to shake that confusion
It's still a hard pill to swallow down
I still replay that damn conversation
And late at night, I'm still wondering
Who do you love now?
Who do you love now?

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:02:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Feel
Genre(s): Electropop, Synthpop
Length: 3:10
Producer: Mattman & Robin

Feel is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the ninth track on the album's track listing, Feel was solely written by Blake Williams himself in late 2017. Production of the track was handled by Swedish songwriting and production duo, Mattman & Robin. It was the last song to be finalised before the album's mixing and mastering process. Feel is an electropop song containing twanging, airy synths and rattling programmed drums. Blake's vocals on the chorus of the song are "fuller" than usual, using his chest voice to create a bigger sound as opposed to his usual soft and breathy deliver, which can still be heard on the verses. The song has been noted for its catchy melody and commercial appeal within its production. Situated in the latter segment of the album, it is one of the most introspective songs on the album. Feel is about the calm after the storm and trying to adapt a new positive mindset. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Feel is the ninth instalment in the journey. The song sees Blake wanting to push ahead in a new positive direction and, despite not being fully whole, he is adamant that it won't be for much longer. It is dubbed as the "hope" song.

"I can't wait to sing this one live. It's just such a freeing experience. From the belting in the chorus to the breezy beats and the overall positive vibes in the track, I just know it's going to be a great one to perform. There are some sad lyrics here and there's a slightly darker undertone to Feel. The fact that I'm lying to myself about how great life is going to be is a little sad but I wanted to show that. It was a real time in my life. It's sort of like the flip-side of the song "Roses". On that one, I wanted to make a change but was too much of a pussy to really go for it. Negative thoughts consumed me. On Feel, however, I'm putting nothing but positive energy into the universe and hoping that it will find its way back to me. Yeah, I was fucking READY to take on a new chapter. Had no idea what that chapter was at the time but I knew that I had more to offer. Little did I know that releasing my own music would be the next step. Didn't think it was possible. When I was experiencing what I wrote on "Feel", I was still clueless about my career and just the path of my life in general but I started to see that as a positive. It was a blank slate and I was ready to grab new opportunities to fill that up. It was also a little emotional to write because it was touching on that moment when I realised that I WAS worthy, that I DO DESERVE happiness. Sometimes I don't give myself credit or think too highly of myself."

Feel
Act IX: Hope

I just know this life is going to change
Right around the corner is a brand new day

Barefoot on the grass, feeling so alive
I've never gazed upon any clearer skies
Forgot how to relax within this mind of mine
Clouds have lifted, my time is around the corner
Praying tomorrow is the start of forever
I'm pushing through, this is gonna get better

I just la-la-la-la-lie to myself
Put the thoughts out into the universe
Tricking the timid man in the mirror
One of these days he's going to be a winner

I've gone way too long without any of it
All I want, all I want is something real
I can feel the rumblings through the madness
The cracks are closing and I'm gonna heal
I'm finding the breath I need to scream about it
All I want, all I want is just to feel

World,
Gimme all you got, gimme all you got, gimme all you got
Hit me with that rush, hit me with that rush, hit me with that rush
Shower me with love, shower me with love, shower me with love
I'm ready, I'm so ready

Spent too long in the wings waiting on an offer
Merely existing and just treading waters
But there's a blank page and I'm the author
No words yet but I'm sure they'll come in time
New inspirations from what I seek and find
Won't be long until all these stars align

I just la-la-la-la-lie to myself
Put the thoughts out into the universe
Tricking the timid man in the mirror
One of these days he's going to be a winner

World,
Gimme all you got, gimme all you got, gimme all you got
Hit me with that rush, hit me with that rush, hit me with that rush
Shower me with love, shower me with love, shower me with love
I'm ready, I'm so ready

Gimme all you got
Hit me with that rush
Shower me with love
I'm ready, I'm ready to feel

I just know this life is going to change

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:05:22(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Rewrite
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop
Length: 4:07
Producer: Blake, Teddy Geiger

Rewrite is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Blake for his debut solo album, Rewrite. Appearing as the tenth and final track on the album's track listing, Rewrite solely written by Blake Williams himself in mid 2017. The track was produced by Blake alongside BMI and GRAMMY nominated producer Teddy Geiger. Rewrite was chosen as both the title and closing track for the project as Blake believes it to be his "most important" song to date, also branding it as his favorite and "most vulnerable". The pensive track is a pop ballad with dark production, suspenseful verses and a breezy melodic chorus with light tinkering of a piano interspersed against the heavier backdrop of bass. Blake holds an imaginary conversation with his ex, based on all of the thoughts running through his head late at night. As Rewrite is a concept album telling a story throughout, Rewrite is the tenth and final instalment in the journey. The song talks about the idea of them potentially making amends and "rewriting" their ending with their newfound maturity, knowledge and the power of hindsight It is dubbed as the "reflection" song.

"This is my favorite track; lyrically, sonically, thematically, vocally...it's just the most important song I've ever written. My relationship with Dustyn was a huge part of my life. I've tried to avoid saying his name for the most part of this promotional campaign because I don't want people to think I'm constantly name dropping him but I can't speak about this final song and not mention him by name. Our relationship not only had a huge impact on us but on pop culture, the media, our fans. It was like some fucking twisted fairy tale. As controversial and overwhelmingly negative as it was, I feel like speaking about it in such a positive way is going to garner even more attention. The narrative for almost a decade is that we hate each other - that we wish we never met. Sure, we have a lot of regrets but that take just isn't true, at least not on my side. Dustyn moved on, I moved on and it may seem like a stupid idea to reach out but this is my album, my story and my truth so I'm gonna do what I want. This song is about wanting us to rewrite our ending. It's NOT about wanting to get back together, let's make that clear. I just wonder if we could ever be friends. We have so much history, so much in common, experienced things together that nobody else had. When it was bad, it was fucking terrible but when we were good? Fuck, the best moments of my life. It's a shame to think that such an important and integral part of our lives was written off with such a sour ending. Putting this at the end of the album is not only just an olive branch and positive closer, but as a way of saying that all the shit I felt on the past tracks is over now. It's a full circle moment."

Rewrite
Act X: Reflection

Time's a great healer and a cruel mistress
Gives perspective but can't change what you witnessed
Can't keep crying over long spilt milk
But the curdled taste lingers, strong enough to kill
Wish we could all just press delete
Spins around in my head like a record on repeat
Would you change it? Do you live with regrets?
Does another reality play itself out in your head?

Running over things that I should've said
Suddenly realising what you really meant
Hindsight helping straighten out the dents
"If only's" and "what if's" start to torment

I think that we deserve a rewrite
Though we never could get it right
Was it always meant to be like this?
Or did we let it slip from our fingertips?
Can't erase the ink, wicked words left a stain
And every little scar still remains
Hung up on such a tragic chapter
I just pray for a happy ever after

Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah

Fake diamonds in the rough, cracked under pressure
Too many times we lay out of it on a stretcher
Sometimes I think we just had to learn that lesson
Sometimes it just presents too many questions
No longer speak and I sort of miss your voice
Is it our stupid pride or is this the right choice?

Memories of the good days still make me smile
And all of the bad just subsides for a while
We can still relate, we've walked the same mile
Have too many bridges burned for another trial?

Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah

Words, words, chapter and verse
Might have been better if we rehearsed
A different story if read in reverse
Should I be grateful it didn't end any worse?
Narrowly escaping the back of a hearse
Saddest little story you've ever heard

Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ah

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:07:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

+ CD ALBUM INSERT PHOTOS +

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:08:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

+ THANK YOU'S +

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. If you are reading this, thank you! Truly! You lot bring me so much joy and makes such a difference to my life by listening to and supporting my music, sending me messages full of light and encouragement and continuing to give me the opportunity to live my dream as a musician. It's been almost an entire decade since the pop band days and I've endured MANY peaks and troughs since starting out in the industry. The fact that you still care enough to support me and my music blows my mind. As an independent artist now, that love and appreciation is tenfold. Could not be doing this without you and I mean that.

It has been a cathartic and eye-opening process making this record. I really put myself under the microscope, delved back into situations I had locked into a box and for once, spoke my truth, said my peace and admitted a multitude of things to myself. I know this record is going to rub some people up the wrong way and that is not the intention. I know people will twist words, take things at face value, already have a "side" before even listening to this album and honestly, I don't care any more. In order to overcome something, we have to tackle it head on. The chapter of my life which inspired this album both truly ruined and also reshaped me. It ate away at my mind for years. It impacted my daily life for the longest time. This is me releasing those thoughts, questions, emotions and stories out into the universe and finally watching them fly free. A weight off my shoulder. This was creative therapy for me and I hope that some people listening to the record can also relate and maybe find some light, courage and comfort within "Rewrite".

With that I would like to thank my ex. I would like to thank the people who sent me abuse. I would like to thank the celebrity gossip magazines. I would like to thank my old label. I would like to thank the seedy underbelly of this industry. Everything happens for a reason and rather than being angry and bitter like I was for years, I'm now choosing to see the lessons I've learned from all of you.

Thank you to the producers who got on board for this project. Not many would dare work with an independent artist let alone a washed up ex-boyband member. Thank you for taking a chance and believing in my vision, my story. Sure, I wrote every single word on this album but without your magic touches, it would not be what it is today. Thank you.

I believe that none of this would be possible without Almighty God. He has allowed me to grow continually under His wing from a child to a successful man. Dear Lord, in you I put my trust. With your strength in me, and your guidance, I hope and pray that I will continue in your RIGHT direction.

This record was written and completed before Ashley Grimmie came into my life and then sadly left this plane. While none of these songs reflect her or our small chapter together, I couldn't put my first album out into the world without thanking and dedicating a segment to this wonderful woman. A bright soul who encouraged me to push ahead with my music when I doubted everything. An eternally loving being who had so much to give and expected nothing in return. Fly high, Ashley.
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 11/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 11/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/07/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#14 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:13:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

REWRITE - AVAILABLE NOW
UserPostedImage

Offline 2001clay  
#15 Posted : 11 July 2020 00:17:49(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Jessica Hernandez: I Love Your Album Blake it's so amazing

Claire Harris: Woo Thank God i caught this album and that was amazing

OCC: Great Job i like it

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/07/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 11 July 2020 11:21:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Dropped an album on the eve of your birthday and completely slayed my life. You never fail to release quality albums that are so realistic and well executed and cant forget about the amazing lyrics you consistently write. My personal favorites here are the title track, Who Do You Love Now?, Sleepwalking and When I Needed You but they’re all really good. Gosh I love an thats cohesive (; it’s also nice to see Blake coming into his own and finally getting that album out. Glad you did it with the surprise release too!

Gemma: BLAKE!! I love this!! Nice to see the CBB7 alumni coming back with a vengeance. My heart dropped when I saw you release an album cause I had no idea this was coming. Do your thing!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 11 July 2020 12:50:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Jessica Hernandez: I Love Your Album Blake it's so amazing

Claire Harris: Woo Thank God i caught this album and that was amazing

OCC: Great Job i like it

Blake: Thank you, ladies. Happy that you decided to check it out.

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 11/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#18 Posted : 11 July 2020 12:56:51(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Dropped an album on the eve of your birthday and completely slayed my life. You never fail to release quality albums that are so realistic and well executed and cant forget about the amazing lyrics you consistently write. My personal favorites here are the title track, Who Do You Love Now?, Sleepwalking and When I Needed You but they’re all really good. Gosh I love an thats cohesive (; it’s also nice to see Blake coming into his own and finally getting that album out. Glad you did it with the surprise release too!

Gemma: BLAKE!! I love this!! Nice to see the CBB7 alumni coming back with a vengeance. My heart dropped when I saw you release an album cause I had no idea this was coming. Do your thing!!

OOC: I don't know why I do this to myself lol. Totally underestimated the amount of work I'd be doing for this. I thought it'd be a quick drop. You know how much I've been saying "I'm putting an album out", "I'm working on an album this week" haha. The amount of editing, messaging myself and different tabs I had open just to get this album out this morning....yikes! Thank you for the kind comments. Glad that you took the time out to check it out. The title track is probably my favourite too :)

Blake: Thank you so much Gemma. I pushed the album back so many times, a lot of it down to personal stuff but one of the reasons was fear. Wasn't sure how people would take it since I'm talking about a controversial subject. CBB helped. Realized that if I could survive that fucking experience, I can drop my album and at least make a few coins out of it haha
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 15 July 2020 17:49:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
OOC: I love the amount of detail that has gone into this album and how you've linked each track to an act which highlights a feeling/theme, linking that with his own character arc and relationship history and building an entire album around that is a level of detail and concentration that's just unmatched. Combine that with the additional art direction, gate-folds and inserts and it's just visually a step beyond. And the written content is at the highest level as always too, you do pop music like no other.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 15/07/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#20 Posted : 23 July 2020 23:25:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I love the amount of detail that has gone into this album and how you've linked each track to an act which highlights a feeling/theme, linking that with his own character arc and relationship history and building an entire album around that is a level of detail and concentration that's just unmatched. Combine that with the additional art direction, gate-folds and inserts and it's just visually a step beyond. And the written content is at the highest level as always too, you do pop music like no other.

OOC: "You do pop music like no other" - OK, you don't understand how much the inner pop star in me is crying right now lol. Seriously though, thank you! This album was posted quickly but it was a long time coming. I had several ideas for it (like the chapters etc) but couldn't quite piece it together or find the perfect time to release a Blake album. CBB7 was the catalyst. Happy that it finally fell into place, got released and people seem to be enjoying the project. This record took a lot to finish so I greatly appreciate your kind comments x

UserPostedImage