logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 July 2020 00:06:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Make America Breathe Again”
Artist: Orion
Album: TBA (2020)
Release Date: July 25, 2020
Length: 5:06
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: June 2020 – Studio 60, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop, Trap
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Writer(s): Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen
Producer(s): Orion, DeAndre Patton

“Make America Breathe Again” is the second single by American hip-hop group 'Orion', following on the heels of their highly successful debut single “Fuck Me Over” which peaked at the number one position on the charts, capping a strong debut from the group following the recent announcement of them signing their first major record deal with 'Tric-Jam Records'. While being hard at work in the studio, working on their debut album, in the following weeks since their debut single dropped, the trio have been nominated for two awards at the upcoming Fan Choice Awards as well as being confirmed as performers for the live ceremony in August, marking their first live performance of note since signing their record deal.

In the week leading up to the release of their second single, it was confirmed that the group were at least half-way through the recording of their debut album and it was confirmed that they'll be recording with a couple of guest spots in the coming weeks as they come towards the end of the recording process. It was confirmed by the group that they had to take consideration in whether to release this track as a single due to it's topic but they eventually settled on releasing the track as a single, stating that it shows another side to their work and that it's important for them to stand up for what they believe in and not to be afraid of voicing their opinions. Early indications pointed towards “Make America Breathe Again” being a black lives matter protest song, but it was later confirmed that the song isn't specifically about that although there are mentions, it's more of an anti-trump song on the whole.

The track was written and composed by Orion with additional uncredited vocals by Marina Balan during the songs chorus and was produced by Orion alongside DeAndre Patton. It was recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California in June 2020 and will be released as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single and made available to Weekly Airplay on July 25, 2020 through Tric-Jam Records.

UserPostedImage

The rap trio that gave such a strong showing with their debut single “Fuck Me Over” are back and tasked with the challenging question, what direction do you go in next? The self-confident swagger and playful lyrics combined with the addictive trap beats proved to be a strong showing for the group, so much so that the anticipation on hearing more from them has become quite prominent. If the initial reports from inside the studio are to be believed, they had three options for the follow-up single, more of the same in a track highlighting the ones that were with them from the beginning, a collaborative effort that wasn't quite finished in time or the third option being a political statement and a lyrically aggressive track that has shown one thing in particular, they're not afraid to cower away in a corner when a major topic is brought to the table.

They deliver a scathing indictment of the current political landscape and encourage change in the upcoming election as if they were elder statesmen of the rap game, such is the confident and aggression of their second single, showing a more serious side. It begins immediately with brooding keyboards and bass combination and the trio set their stall out immediately with Boa's opening verse as he raps about the state of the government as we move into potentially the final year of Trump's leadership, “We got ourselves into a little situation/The graduation year from junior to senior for our nation/Let's hope this is the final year/Feels like a million years since Obama care.” as they reference the seeds of change that have since been eradicated in the years since the previous regime.

Whether you agree with their sentiments you can't help but respect their confidence in sending a track that has the potential to divide as their second effort, but it's lines like “Exacerbating tensions while obsessing over twitter mentions.” or the reference to Trump's clash with Greta Thunberg earlier in the year, “You must be the change you want to see in the world/But you're being outworked by a fucking seventeen year old Swedish girl.”, to the tongue in cheek mention of assassination “Twenty-twenty thought we put this shit/Put this shit to bed/Send him off to pasture/Bang! Bang! Metaphorical bullets in his head.” the wording probably a wise move in including “Metaphorical”. But the songs chorus once again sung beautifully by Marina Balan, the unofficial fourth member of the group it seems as she sings, “Let's make America breathe again/Let us be the catalyst for change again/Let's not be shackled by chains again.” again the thought going into the wordplay is one of their strengths it would seem.

But it's the final verse delivered by Bellows under the slowed down and melancholic rhythmic beats that really helps push this song to it's heights as the playful tongue-in-cheek lyrics give way for real concerns and delivered with passion and aggression with references to the two most high profile issues faced in the United States this year, the COVID pandemic and the death or George Floyd and subsequent BLM movement that followed. With lyrics like, “How can you give him four more/When he didn't even deserve the inauguration speech to start with/Practice what you preach, drink the fucking bleach.” in reference to the presidents suggestion that Bleach could be an option in fighting the virus and “There's still a lot of hate in this world/Logically, how can anybody feel free when there's people out there that still don't want us to be?/Whether it's woman's rights, gay rights, gun control or black lives/It all fucking matters.”

All of this adds up to a strong statement from a group that you feel want to show that there's many sides to what they do, they don't want to just fall in to the crowd in the contemporary music world, instead they want to carve a path unique to themselves, creating music that is so completely uniquely themselves and their sound. It's potentially foolish to step out with a political statement of a song so early on, but with the right care and effort taken in it's lyrics as they have done, they could potentially be sitting on another hit and gain some intrigue and crossover from other fandoms that appreciate their sentiments. It's more likely that they will gain more than they will lose from this track. However, single number three needs to veer away from statements and big issues as being labelled a political act would cause more lasting damage in the early stages of their career. Follow this up with another club anthem and set yourself back on the right course following this important but minor detour. All that being said, it's another strong showing.

“Make America Breathe Again”

{Boa}
“We got ourselves into a little situation
The graduation year from junior to senior for our nation
Let's hope this is the final year
Feels a million years since Obama care
Now we're firing careless missile's through the air
Exacerbating tensions while obsessing over twitter mentions
The fuck is this shit
Thought we moved past all of this?
Deserved better than this?

Let's make America breathe again
Let us be the catalyst for change again
Let's not be shackled by chains again

{Bellows}
It's all been said before
'You must be the change you want to see in the world'
But you're being outworked by a fucking seventeen year old Swedish girl
How's there still people out there that support you
Maybe they're like you too
Just another mindless drone
Or is this more like Stockholm Syndrome
He's got them in his grips
Z-List politics
Psychological characteristic
It's a fucking mental illness
But this is it
Twenty-twenty thought we put this shit
Put this shit to bed
Send him off to pasture
Bang! Bang! Metaphorical bullets in his head

{Circuit}
Does it have to be metaphorical?
The thought of another four years seems illogical
Might have to take matters into my own hands
I'd probably get off for defending this land
Ha, land of the free
Look what he's done to me
Got me thinking violently
Fuck it, I'd do it voluntarily

{Bellows}
Twenty-twenty went and fucked it though
Got a clown leading us through a pandemic, the likes of which we ain't ever seen before
How can you give him four more
When he didn't even deserve the inauguration speech to start with
Practice what you preach, drink the fucking bleach
Maybe that will solve this
But nah, let's just slow this down for a verse
I honestly don't know where to start
Sometimes it feels like the worlds driving in reverse
There's still a lot of hate in this world
Logically, how can anybody feel free when there's people out there that still don't want us to be?
Whether it's woman's rights, gay rights, gun control or black lives
It all fucking matters
And our feet hurt from marching
But we'll keep marching on
Eight minutes and forty six seconds was what it took
You tried to brush it under the rug
But were too dumb to realize that the whole world gave a fuck
Does anyone feel responsible
Does anyone feel regret
Eight minutes and forty six seconds
He held a knee to another human's neck
Doesn't matter who you are
It's clear for all to see
This shit just ain't human to you and me”

Credits & Personnel

CREDITS

Produced by Orion and DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by Brayton “Bellows” Carter
Recorded at Studio 60, West Hollywood, California, USA

PERSONNEL

Brayton “Bellows” Carter – vocals, keyboards, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Jadyn “Boa” Ghalen – vocals, bass, lyrics, production
Jamal “Circuit” Ghalen – vocals, drum machine, lyrics, production

Marina Balan – vocals
DeAndre Patton – production, engineering
thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 23/07/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/07/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/07/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 23/07/2020(UTC), erich hess on 23/07/2020(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/07/2020(UTC), FiveT on 23/07/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/07/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/07/2020(UTC), Teethdevoursnake on 03/08/2020(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2020 00:17:23(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Keshia Love: Man That a good song right there and very good message for people
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 23/07/2020(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 23 July 2020 09:55:35(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
OOC: I already love what you have been doing with this act. This is definitely a powerful song, with very compelling lyrics. Great work on all of this! (:
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 23/07/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2020 23:02:21(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Joshua: Very poignant and compelling track. The political landscape of our country, fuck, most of the world right now is a total shit show. Can't believe we're in 2020 and still doing this. Still, I'm glad that there are artists out there willing to fight the good fight and not willing to turn a blind eye to current events out of fear of "rocking the boat.". Also, I'm glad you guys wrote and released this song and not me because I would have skipped the word "metaphorical"...and I'm already in hot water with 45.

OOC: At this point you probably think I'm just blowing smoke up your ass with the comments but seriously, this is one of my favourite releases this year! Very sad and frustrating subject matter, which can be difficult to put into words let alone into a song, but you've done really well here. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for Orion. Shaping up to be a very unique and interesting act already :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 24/07/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 25 July 2020 22:27:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Keshia Love: Man That a good song right there and very good message for people

Circuit: Appreciate that Keshia, it's for sure an important statement for us to make.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/07/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 25 July 2020 22:29:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I already love what you have been doing with this act. This is definitely a powerful song, with very compelling lyrics. Great work on all of this! (:

OOC: Thanks, definitely been enjoying trying to write for them. I think it's worked out alright so far, but the songs don't come as easily as they do for my other acts. Glad that it seems to be going well! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 25 July 2020 23:01:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Joshua: Very poignant and compelling track. The political landscape of our country, fuck, most of the world right now is a total shit show. Can't believe we're in 2020 and still doing this. Still, I'm glad that there are artists out there willing to fight the good fight and not willing to turn a blind eye to current events out of fear of "rocking the boat.". Also, I'm glad you guys wrote and released this song and not me because I would have skipped the word "metaphorical"...and I'm already in hot water with 45.

OOC: At this point you probably think I'm just blowing smoke up your ass with the comments but seriously, this is one of my favourite releases this year! Very sad and frustrating subject matter, which can be difficult to put into words let alone into a song, but you've done really well here. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for Orion. Shaping up to be a very unique and interesting act already :)

Bellows: For sure, man. It's worrying times out there for us all and the thought of four more years with him being the man at the top is fucking troubling. We wanna have fun with our music and we'll be going back to that with the next one, but we want to find that balance where it can also mean something too. It was difficult to leave in the word "metaphorical" but I think we found a compromise with the follow-up question, "Does it have to be metaphorical?", I'm sure there'll be some sort of push-back on that line, but our label's gotta a pretty sorted legal team. We'll stand by what we write, every single time. Mad respect to yourself for always following your own path.

OOC: It's always appreciated, I think we all doubt ourselves so it's nice to get confirmation that what you've written is at least decent enough. To be fair, so much insanity has happened in the past few years that there's too much material to work with, there's so much more that could have been included in the song. But thanks, I like to feel like they're a bit different from my other characters! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/07/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#8 Posted : 27 July 2020 19:46:54(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Natasha Stanovski (The Jollies): I'm not American, but this song speaks the truth. I mean, the political stuff can be a difficult matter but there are some things that we as artists just can't shut up about. So bring it on, Orion guys.

OOC: Always a huge amount of details and thought put into it, the review by RollingStone makes it feel so real Andrew. I like how the group differs with the political, reality theme in its songs also.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 29/07/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#9 Posted : 31 July 2020 02:18:35(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
RadioVine: EXTREMELY puts me in a good mood because the fucking raw feel and emotion into the track. AND YO BOYS are sezzzyyyy but it’s not about that— this message is powerful and I feellllll it allllll boys!!

OCC: You’re always been a very talented songwriter so I’m not surprised at the quality of this record!

Edited by user 31 July 2020 02:22:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/08/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 01 August 2020 08:30:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hayden: Absolutely powerful song and was much needed. It is not often to see many artists these days use their platform, especially when they are new, to talk about politics and human rights. Most think it will turn off their fanbase but I like the cut of your jib.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 01/08/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 02 August 2020 06:10:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Natasha Stanovski (The Jollies): I'm not American, but this song speaks the truth. I mean, the political stuff can be a difficult matter but there are some things that we as artists just can't shut up about. So bring it on, Orion guys.

OOC: Always a huge amount of details and thought put into it, the review by RollingStone makes it feel so real Andrew. I like how the group differs with the political, reality theme in its songs also.

Circuit: Nah, you gotta speak your truth, stand up for what you believe in. Even if that means standing alone. Fortunately we ain't standing alone with this one. It's clear that what's gone on needs to stop and a change needs to come.

OOC: Thanks, I try to add as much detail as I can without it being unnecessary. The political song is probably a rare one for the group, although it could be something I can go back to at some point. But they'll be reverting back to something more similar to their debut with the next one, I'm sure! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 02 August 2020 06:14:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RadioVine Go to Quoted Post
RadioVine: EXTREMELY puts me in a good mood because the fucking raw feel and emotion into the track. AND YO BOYS are sezzzyyyy but it’s not about that— this message is powerful and I feellllll it allllll boys!!

OCC: You’re always been a very talented songwriter so I’m not surprised at the quality of this record!

Boa: We had to get raw with this one. The passion and aggression in the studio when we were recording this was there for sure. We appreciate ya, keep supporting!

OOC: Thanks, this sort of music is still new territory for me but glad that it's gone down well! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 02 August 2020 06:18:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Hayden: Absolutely powerful song and was much needed. It is not often to see many artists these days use their platform, especially when they are new, to talk about politics and human rights. Most think it will turn off their fanbase but I like the cut of your jib.

Bellows: Thanks man, we've said all along, we're here to have fun with our music but we're not afraid of changing it up and getting real serious when the times call for it. These days more than any, the times call for it. As somebody that's always kept it real yourself, we respect and appreciate your support.
Offline Teethdevoursnake  
#14 Posted : 03 August 2020 09:04:38(UTC)
Teethdevoursnake

Man
United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Travis: This song has so much power behind it. The title is so in your face and direct. I love the change that's happening in our country right, let's keep fighting for a better world!

OOC: I love Orion, I really think they're a great group! I love the message of this song!
thanks 1 user thanked Teethdevoursnake for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 04/08/2020(UTC)