logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2020 06:11:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

THE START OF A NEW ERA

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Official Artworks

Title: “Man of Your Dreams”
Band: Spoons
Album: Man of Your Dreams
Release Date: November 12, 2020
Length: 5:53 (Minutes:Seconds)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming, Mainstream/Rock Airplay
Recorded/Production: September-October 2020 at Rough House Records Miami, FL
Genres: Heartland Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: September 2020
Writers: Silver Spoons
Producers: Daniel The Freenerd, Silver Spoons

"Man of Your Dreams" is the lead single off Silver Spoon's debut album of the same name "Man of Your Dreams" with his band "Spoons". " The song which is written and produced by Silver Spoons; received major involvement from Daniel The Freenerd as a producer, creative director, and sound engineer. The song is set to be released on November 12, 2020. The song will be serviced by radios and will also be available on all streaming platforms and digital outlets. A music video for "Man of Your Dreams" is set to be filmed on November 10-13, 2020, with Daniel The Freenerd as Director. The music video is scheduled to premiere sometime in November to further promote the release of the album.

Writing and production for the song began as early as late September after Spoons recovered from his coma at the hospital. Spoons felt an overwhelming urge to write music after his post coma recovery and began reflecting on his love life in the past. That's what began the process of writing "Man of Your Dreams". Once writing the entire song from his hospital bed; Spoons reached out to Daniel to assist with studio sessions for the song. Friends of Spoons also began their involvement once the treatment for the song's score was written.

"The direction of my album immediately changed after the incident I had. I actually was writing a lot during my recovery. Instead of writing on a piece of paper, I would actually record myself on my iPhone and then I would go ahead and send it to Daniel or anyone I was working with so that vocals could be laid. This song is specific we had to work with mostly from when I was in bed at the hospital which was not only challenging but just kept me motivated to get better. Maybe listeners may not connect with the song like I do but I have such a connection with this song that I cried when I heard the final version because it really is a testament to my journey" - Silver Spoons

The song references Silver Spoon's relationship with Sophie Miller whom he dated from 2013-2019 and it also talks about Spoon's battle with keeping up with unrealistic expectations his parter expected of him. /Cultivated every part of me so you could create the man of your dreams but that's not who I was and someone I'll never be/. The song also talks about having self-confidence and learning to accept yourself for who you are. This can also be a reference to Silver Spoon's sexuality which had a crucial impact on his relationship with Sophie Miller.

"Every woman wants the perfect dream partner but sometimes that can be unrealistic you know. There's a lot of pressure that comes with that sometimes from a man's point of view especially. This song speaks for those who have been in a serious relationship or marriage and their partner has unrealistic expectations which in my case lead to self-destructive behavior. For me, my love life has never been easy simply because of my sexuality. After this relationship, I learned to kind of love myself for who I am. I think that's the most beautiful thing about this song, is that it kind of completes a chapter for me in my life that I don't want to go back to but in a way feels celebratory." - Silver Spoons

The song begins with a section of music where various guitars are merged to create a soft but electric sound. The sound begins to pick up once joined by the drums and other keyboards and guitar effects produced by samplers. Spoon's voice in its raspy nature sounds confident but relaxed. The song's moody sound continues reflecting that of an 80's song but with an alternative spin provided by sound boards. Once the song grows with emotion in its sound, so does Spoon's voice. The second to last portion of the song includes a 1 minute 25-second guitar solo which is played by Jonathan Wilson and Daniel The Free Nerd. Once the guitar solo is finished the remaining 30 seconds are nothing but a silent fade of an electric guitar.

CREDITS:

Silver Spoons– vocals, guitar, assistant engineer, and art director.
Eric Wesley– keyboards (during post-production),
Jonathan Wilson – piano, bass guitar (guitar solo only), samplers
Russell Davis– drums
Miguel Rodriguez– bass guitar, electric guitar
Jacob Mckinney– guitar, keyboards
Daniel The Freenerd - guitar (guitar solo; post-production), producer/sound engineer, and art director.

MAN OF YOUR DREAMS / LYRICS

"I'm numb from it all
waited patiently for the last leaf to fall
now that this love is dead im free after all
Was on the way to the top but you're scared of heights
you begged me not to leave you with a lonely night
but so long my friend...
we sure put up a good fight

Feel your heart falling on the pavement street
cooked up a war but all you get is grease
something I guess I couldn't get you to see
yeah something I can't get you to see
I could have been the man of your dreams

Don't you feel special
always wanting all the attention
wanted to show you the moon and the stars
but it wasn't enough with my affection
There isn't enough medication to cure your wicked heart
but I made you swallow your cruel intentions
yeah your cruel intentions

Cultivated every part of me
so you could create the man of your dreams
but that's not who I was
and someone I'll never be
Don't owe you an apology, not giving in to your ideology
of what we were supposed to be
Cause every piece of me is a masterpiece
and now that you're gone I am at peace

Feel your heart falling on the pavement street
cooked up war but all you get is grease
something I guess I couldn't get you to see
yeah something I can't get you to see
I could have been the man of your dreams

You worship the idea of me
but this isn't a permanent residency
so pack your bags and go on
cause I'll never be your perfect man
I'll never be the man of your dreams

[Guitar Solo/Outro]"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Title: “Raised by Wolves”
Band: Spoons
Album: Man of Your Dreams
Release Date: November 12, 2020
Length: 4:40 (Minutes:Seconds)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming
Recorded/Production: October 2020 at Liverdish Studios Nashville, TN
Genres: Alternative Rock; Punk Revival
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: October 2020
Writers: Silver Spoons
Producers: Silver Spoons, Shawn Everett

"Raised by Wolves" is the second lead single off Silver Spoon's debut album of the same name "Man of Your Dreams" with his band "Spoons". " The song which is written by Silver Spoons; and received major involvement from Shawn Everett as a producer and engineer. Daniel The Freenerd served as a creative director for the artwork. The song is set to be released on November 12, 2020. The song will be available on streaming platforms. The song will be played on NME radio as track of the week on November 12, 2020, along with "Man of Your Dreams.

Writing and production for the song began as early as October. Spoons was already well underway with work on the new album but were inspired by him surviving his deadly car accident. Once again Spoons wrote the entire song from his hospital bed with the assistance of his phone. For this song Spoons reached out to Shawn Everett for further inspiration. Once Everett received the lyrics for the song he expressed his desire to produce the song for Spoons and immediately began working on the song via Facetime with Spoons. The song progressed over the first week of October with the Spoons band providing instrumentation during production. The song initially did not have the punk revival section at the end but Spoons added the section last minute once released from the hospital. This added a stronger element that the prior single did not have.

"After my accident, I really didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel at first. I've always been a strong person because of my upbringing. Everyone pictures me as this country guy who was raised on a farm, but I actually lived both city life and farm life before all the fame. This song is kind of my testimony to that. I'm tough and I've been through so much shit. This accident almost ended my life but I'm still here. I'm fortunate and grateful for that." - Silver Spoons.

CREDITS:

Silver Spoons– vocals, guitar, assistant engineer.
Eric Wesley– keyboards, guitar
Jonathan Wilson – bass guitar, samplers
Russell Davis– drums
Miguel Rodriguez– bass guitar, electric guitar
Jacob Mckinney– guitar, keyboards
Daniel The Freenerd - art director.
Shawn Everett - producer/sound engineer

RAISED BY WOLVES/ LYRICS

"Woke up with a bit of pain in my eyes
as death stared at me in the face,
it took me to a place
I have never been before
faith
Is what it said to keep
at my core but I'm quickly losing it

A childhood as blurry as can be
I thought I'll never get to leave
stranded in a world I don't belong
so who are you trying to deceive

I never once dreamed of being rich
but chivalry turned out to be a real bitch
never once thought it was worth the price
but I guess I'll keep trying to roll the dice
A new era is about to begin
A spineless heart and rough skin
got tired of howling at the moon
I want to be my own person but is that soon?

new days now don't feel old
I can make it now without someone to hold
but the sky bleeds colorless tears
and you start feeling everything I fear
not as tough as you thought my dear

A childhood as blurry as can be
I thought I'll never get to leave
stranded in a world I don't belong
so who are you trying to deceive

I never once dreamed of being rich
but chivalry turned out to be a real bitch
never once thought it was worth the price
but I guess I'll keep trying to roll the dice
A new era is about to begin
A spineless heart and rough skin
got tired of howling at the moon
I want to be my own person but is that soon?

feel the ground shaking underneath you
our love is now beneath us
don't you know I was raised by wolves
So I will Raise!
I'll Rise and raise hell
while dancing on your grave
to the fuck I gave
now hear my screams
RAISED BY WOLVES
RAISEEEEEE BYYYY WOLVES!!!!!
Raised by, raised by, raised by
wolves
The fuck you thought this was
yeah"

Sounds like:
MAN OF YOUR DREAMS (Pain - The War on Drugs) & RAISED BY WOLVES (Mountain at My Gates - Foals)

PITCHFORK REVIEW (4/5 Stars):

Silver Spoons finds his voice on his two brand new tracks "Man of Your Dreams" and "Raised by Wolves". The lead track resembles an 80's sound; also known as Heartland Rock; a sound that's only been on the back burner for a few alternative rock musicians. Spoon's producer Daniel The Freenerd manages to mix that sound but with a modern alternative rock approach which brings forward a more moody spin to the Heartland sound that's highly dependent on a nostalgia factor. Pretty guitars sound matched with that of an electric guitar which leads to an insanely good guitar solo. The track definitely touches on all the keys of a rock hit. Lyrically, the song also touches on the subject of heartbreak but in a dark moody manner, we are not used to seeing Spoons explore.

"Raised by Wolves" is the complete opposite of what "Man of Your Dreams" tried to be. While "Dreams" is more of a dark moody saga of sounds; "Wolves" is more consistent with it's sound and seems to bring forward a brighter production with the exception of the screamo inspired ending. That however seems to feel like a huge pay off from the bright production you hear the first few minutes of the song. The lyrics reference Spoon's near-death experience with his car accident "Death stated me right in the face"; and also discuss Spoon's perspective on life.

Overall; Silver Spoons took a turn musically with this dual release that in many ways I feel was necessary and evolved the singer from the typical "country singer gone pop" route most manage to take. While we did appreciate him taking the Justin Timberlake route with "Easy Access" but we prefer this side of him a whole lot more.

Edited by user 18 November 2020 07:39:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 11 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 12/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 12/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 12/11/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/11/2020(UTC), chaotic_princess on 12/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 13/11/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/11/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 18/11/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 14 November 2020 18:23:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Savannah Haim: Oh my lord, I have a feeling this upcoming record could be the best work of your career. I definitely prefer this direction to the more mainstream pop-route that you seemed to be heading towards and having the band behind you just enhances the work. "Man of Your Dreams" is seriously giving me "It Ain't Me Babe" vibes with a more contemporary spin on it. And "Raised by Wolves" feels dramatic as fuck, which I can totally get on board with. Overall I hope you stick with this direction, because I can definitely see myself vibing to more of this. Great work!

OOC: Basically what she said. This is the vibe of music that I'm naturally drawn to, so I'm always delighted to see stuff like this around here. I love the lyrical content, the aesthetics with the artworks and the sound alikes, so it's a definite winner for me!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 15/11/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2020 21:23:27(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: Not gonna lie... Mr. Spoons became even more dreamier since surviving that awful accident. Like uhh, don't get me wrong, SO thrilled you're alive, and I'm sure you are too, but like... do near-death experiences like that just instantly make a guy more handsome and musically gifted? I dunno. I'm rambling. I'm flustered, okay! I'm so sorry. It's so great to hear your voice again, I feel like you've really come into your own and wow... these two songs are surely your best work ever?! I'm not quite sure how you managed that, but this band is sure as hell working for you, honey! You found your sound and the lyrics are just wow, the way "Raised By Wolves" grows in intensity at the end with that punk vibe - so much YES.

OOC: Daniel!! This is so different for you and I love every part of it. You're such a fantastic writer even outside of writing pop lyrics, I just know the album is gonna be a special one. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 15/11/2020(UTC)
#4 Posted : 17 November 2020 02:54:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Savannah Haim: Oh my lord, I have a feeling this upcoming record could be the best work of your career. I definitely prefer this direction to the more mainstream pop-route that you seemed to be heading towards and having the band behind you just enhances the work. "Man of Your Dreams" is seriously giving me "It Ain't Me Babe" vibes with a more contemporary spin on it. And "Raised by Wolves" feels dramatic as fuck, which I can totally get on board with. Overall I hope you stick with this direction because I can definitely see myself vibing to more of this. Great work!

OOC: Basically what she said. This is the vibe of music that I'm naturally drawn to, so I'm always delighted to see stuff like this around here. I love the lyrical content, the aesthetics with the artworks, and the sound-alikes, so it's a definite winner for me!

Silver Spoons: I'm so happy you feel that way Savannah! I was extremely nervous before releasing this new material because it was so different from anything I've done. Not to take away from the mainstream approach I was going for but I really felt out of place releasing some of the records; including "Break Your Back"; while those songs were great they were just no me! I'm glad you enjoyed both of the records that means a lot to me especially coming from you Savannah!

OOC: Thank you so much! It's really ironic because this is the type of music I tend to listen to a lot lol I just don't really approach it on here too often! I'm so happy you enjoyed this :)

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: Not gonna lie... Mr. Spoons became, even more, dreamier since surviving that awful accident. Like uhh, don't get me wrong, SO thrilled you're alive, and I'm sure you are too, but like... do near-death experiences like that just instantly make a guy more handsome and musically gifted? I dunno. I'm rambling. I'm flustered, okay! I'm so sorry. It's so great to hear your voice again, I feel like you've really come into your own and wow... these two songs are surely your best work ever?! I'm not quite sure how you managed that, but this band is sure as hell working for you, honey! You found your sound and the lyrics are just wow, the way "Raised By Wolves" grows in intensity at the end with that punk vibe - so much YES.

OOC: Daniel!! This is so different for you and I love every part of it. You're such a fantastic writer even outside of writing pop lyrics, I just know the album is gonna be a special one. :)

Silver Spoons: You know I'm starting to wonder...maybe I'm in an alternative universe ;) The fact that THE Mrs. Berry is complimenting my looks and my music is enough for me to feel like I've made it in life! Thank you haha I'm definitely not looking back and I can't wait for you to hear some of the other tracks on this album!

OOC: Thank you! I was so nervous but I also was excited because I feel so connected to these lyrics myself. I don't like to put my personal side out there with RP because it just feels a bit much sometimes you know but I'm glad I took that approach! Thank you so much :)

Offline Andre Gandra  
#5 Posted : 17 November 2020 09:27:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I'm impressed with the songwriting in "man of your dreams", you made me realize something that I was aware of but I had never felt like I could experience or even try to understand. As a woman I feel like I have fantasized a prince charming in my past relationships but I never had given the effort to see how much hard it can be for the men to be up to that standard. It made me think about the stuff that I've been talking about in my own music. This is what motivates me... Being able to see that both sides are affected, after all we're all humans in the end. I'm definitely gonna be looking forward the album. Great job for the band, the writters and producers of this track.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 17/11/2020(UTC)
#6 Posted : 18 November 2020 07:41:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: I'm impressed with the songwriting in "man of your dreams", you made me realize something that I was aware of but I had never felt like I could experience or even try to understand. As a woman I feel like I have fantasized a prince charming in my past relationships but I never had given the effort to see how much hard it can be for the men to be up to that standard. It made me think about the stuff that I've been talking about in my own music. This is what motivates me... Being able to see that both sides are affected, after all we're all humans in the end. I'm definitely gonna be looking forward the album. Great job for the band, the writters and producers of this track.

Silver Spoons: Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear you connected with the song the way I did. The song title is kind of deceiving because the meaning of the song is much deeper than that and I'm glad you recognized that :) I can't wait to share the album with you and everyone else! The album is 90% finished and I'm literally freaking out haha

Daniel: Magie your comment means so much to me! Spoons put his all into this record and to see you connect to the song the way you did means a lot!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 18/11/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#7 Posted : 21 November 2020 08:02:45(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Den in one of his latest TV interviews...

"As everyone knows David is my nephew and I won't get into personal things and issues, I do not know the full story between Spoons and him, what happened. I was surprised to know that Spoons was alive too, I know David was genuinely shocked too, he didn't know anything I can assure you that. He suffered for months but I also know that Spoons is a good guy, he definately wouldn't hurt David like that. Something must have happened. I will not get into that though, I can comment on his new music and say it is artistically really good. I can feel his soul all through them, especially on 'Raised By Wolves'. This feels like an artistic growth from him and that feels always special, I know well!"

OOC: Just like Den, I also prefer 'Raised By Wolves'. I could feel and imagine the ending climax very very well. You have put so much details in both of them, but as I said that one really captured me haha. It also fits the new image of Spoons and story. I am glad we can now co-work on it together somehow. Sometimes talking puts things in the right place. :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 21/11/2020(UTC)
#8 Posted : 24 November 2020 04:07:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Den in one of his latest TV interviews...

"As everyone knows David is my nephew and I won't get into personal things and issues, I do not know the full story between Spoons and him, what happened. I was surprised to know that Spoons was alive too, I know David was genuinely shocked too, he didn't know anything I can assure you that. He suffered for months but I also know that Spoons is a good guy, he definately wouldn't hurt David like that. Something must have happened. I will not get into that though, I can comment on his new music and say it is artistically really good. I can feel his soul all through them, especially on 'Raised By Wolves'. This feels like an artistic growth from him and that feels always special, I know well!"

OOC: Just like Den, I also prefer 'Raised By Wolves'. I could feel and imagine the ending climax very very well. You have put so much details in both of them, but as I said that one really captured me haha. It also fits the new image of Spoons and story. I am glad we can now co-work on it together somehow. Sometimes talking puts things in the right place. :)

"There's definitely a lot to unravel. This has been such a difficult time for both David and Spoons but one thing I admire is their ability to keep the music in the forefront through it all. Sometimes the best music comes from those difficult personal situations. I'm pretty sure the truth will be brought to light soon. Thank you for your understanding Den" - Spoons Management

OOC: Thank you! Raised By Wolves was fun and surprisingly easy to write! But it's also very different from anything I've put out on this board. So that was a bit scary because I wasn't sure how people were going to react to it. Man of Your Dreams was more personal for me so I think that's why I'm so connected to it but thank you Mr. Danielle :) Yeah like I told you via PM; if something is bothering you please reach out to me privately. However we are human and we all make mistakes, I have has so many moments on here where I've not been my best and not taken the high road when I should but that's ok. The whole shoutbox thing was just a human moment. That's why I ignored it and kept it moving. I'm glad we talked things out and I it was a learning opportunity for me going forward as well :)

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
FiveT on 25/11/2020(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 26 November 2020 06:18:28(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: This dude literally came back from a coma to make some badass rock music. Pure, unadulterated rock music that's just been missing in this scene the last few years. I'm looking forward to listening to the whole album and hopefully it meets or exceeds the expectations these two set. I lean a bit more towards Raised by Wolves with the effortlessly swag it carries. Great work on both these tracks!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 26/11/2020(UTC)
#10 Posted : 27 November 2020 23:37:09(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
RRH: This dude literally came back from a coma to make some badass rock music. Pure, unadulterated rock music that's just been missing in this scene the last few years. I'm looking forward to listening to the whole album and hopefully it meets or exceeds the expectations these two set. I lean a bit more towards Raised by Wolves with the effortlessly swag it carries. Great work on both these tracks!

Silver Spoons: This is in all sincerity a huge honor! I’ve always been inspired by your music and the approach you always take with your albums. So this of course means a lot! Raised By Wolves was a fun track to record! I never imagined people as yourself actually giving my music a shot so this made my day! Looking forward to your new album! No pressure but the world is waiting haha 😅