logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 01 January 2021 00:43:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Brutal Love”
Artist: Madison
Release Date: December 31, 2020
Length: 4:06
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: November 2020 - Studio 60, West Hollywood, California
Genre(s): Electro-pop, Synth-pop, Pop
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: May 2020
Writer(s): Madison Urie, Cara Zayn
Producer(s): Cara Zayn
Previous Single: “If Only They Could See You Now” (April 20, 2019) [#01]

“Brutal Love” is the second single from American popstar ‘Madison’s’ upcoming still untitled third studio album. It marks her first single to be released under ‘Studio60 Records’ with the previous track “If Only They Could See You Now” being released independently back in 2019 and being a hit at the time, peaking at number one in the singles charts. With the release of “Brutal Love” this signals a change of gears in terms of the progress of her career which has stalled in recent years as post-production on the upcoming album nears it’s final conclusion and we’ve arrived at the promotional stage with tasters in the form of the albums primary singles. It was confirmed in a press release from Studio60 that this will be the first of a string of singles to be released from the upcoming album in the coming weeks and months with the album release date set to be confirmed very soon alongside tour dates expected around the summer season that will likely include festival dates as the industry begins to find it’s footing again after a challenging year.

In a recent Instagram live, Maddie discussed the upcoming single and her intentions for the album, “Like, this next single {Brutal Love) is definitely one of the stronger indications of the sound and ideas that will be littered throughout the record. I think I’ve had a chance to really polish my song writing style and learnt how to structure my music in order to get that maximum impact. It’s all very linear and a lot more easily accessible than some of my previous stuff. I think I had hang ups back in the day where I wanted to be a certain kind of popstar, but I feel like those naïve views and ideas of myself have gone now and I’ve sort of thrown everything to the fuckin’ wall with this record, it feels like it’s me standing tall and saying ‘fuck it’, I wanna be the biggest god damn pop superstar that I can actually be and actually going for it in the most animalistic way possible. It feels so truly liberating.”

The track was written by Madison Urie alongside friend and frequent collaborator Cara Zayn back in May 2020 and the track was produced by Cara Zayn along with the majority of the upcoming studio album. The song was recorded at ‘Record Plant Studios’ in Los Angeles, California in November 2020 and was one of the final songs recorded for the album despite being one of the first songs written for the record. The single is set to be released on December 31, 2020 and will be distributed as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay and will be made available on all major streaming services through Studio60 Records.

Song Description;

The song begins with a scene setting dreamy but upbeat keyboard intro which explains exactly what you’re going to get in the next four minutes which is unashamed electro-pop and the tone of the song and lyrical content become even more evident as she produces it’s opening lines with a crisp and clear vocal delivery with just the right minimal tinge of echo effect to enhance the clarity of the vocal slightly, “I don’t like them good girls/I don’t want them sweet and humble/I like them complicated/I like the ones that always stumble/Tattoos on their bodies/Their mind’s like fucked up crazy/Addicted to the bad things/I like em’ fucking dirty.” Which as an opening verse is actually more catchy than it’s chorus. It’s lyrical content attempting to grab the young adults that feel drawn to similarly flawed and complicated people, it’s not breaking any new ground but is likely to appeal to Madison’s primary fanbase of late teens and early twentysomethings.

The electro driven music builds throughout the opening verse with the inclusion of a faint guitar and drums in the form of a computerised drum track that is faint during the opening verse but rises as the music picks up throughout to the point where it almost drives the song forward as we arrive to the pre-chorus, it’s movement from quiet to prominent is subtle enough that it almost feels like a beat drop and the music takes on the feeling of a club anthem as Madison delivers her vocals on the songs pre-chorus, “You say this will end in tears some day/But we both know neither of us can walk away/Addicted to the thrill we love so much/You always leave me wanting more …” which adds to the lyrical direction shown in the opening verse and the songs emphasis on love being very much like a drug. Wanting something that’s clearly not the best thing for you, but something that you crave and can’t resist.

As the song reaches the chorus, the energy of the track softens slightly as it becomes a chance to highlight the vocals amidst the dreamy electronic backdrop of the song as Madison sings, “Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/I just want your body laying next to me/Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us/Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy.” As she pushes the more melancholic aspects of the songs theme having highlighted the thrill of journey in the opening verse, the chorus serves as a brutal reminder of the darkness that can ensure in this sort of unhealthy love affair.

The music rises in energy once the chorus ends as she highlights the more thrilling aspects once more, the side of things that keep you holding on to something that may not be the healthiest for you, the beat comes back in furiously alongside the faint guitar and the energy infused keyboards that continue to set the scene, again Madison delivers a crisp vocal delivery with a beautiful tone that finds the balance between sweet and sultry, “Smoking so much weed/Running on no sleep/Telling pretty little lies/Making promises we can’t keep/Always with the bottle and pills/If we don’t fuck with each other/Then some other chick will.” Which see’s the tone shift as she focuses on the excitement of a wild and untameable love and by the end of the verse see’s her throwing her cards on the table and putting it all out there, suggesting that there’ll always be someone else to take each other’s place, but the interpretation of the song indicates that although someone else may come along, it’s unlikely to be as exciting as this unhealthy but thrilling love.

“Brutal Love”
(Written by Madison Urie, Cara Zayn)

“I don't like them good girls
I don't want them sweet and humble
I like them complicated
I like the ones that always stumble
Tattoos on their bodies
Their mind's like fucked up crazy
Addicted to the bad things
I like em' fucking dirty

You say this will end in tears some day
But we both know neither of us can walk away
Addicted to the thrill we love so much
You always leave me wanting more...

Brutal love
Will this end in tears for us?
I just want your body laying next to me
Brutal love
Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy

Smoking so much weed
Running on no sleep
Telling pretty little lies
Making promises we can't keep
Always with the bottle and pills
If we don't fuck with each other
Then some other chick will

You say this will end in tears some day
But we both know neither of us can walk away
Addicted to the thrill we love so much
You always leave me wanting more...

Brutal love
Brutal love
Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy

A love like this is killing me, love like yours is thrilling me

Brutal love
Brutal love
Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy”

Credits & Personnel

CREDITS

Produced by Cara Zayn
Engineered by Sara Brie-Loren
Mixed by Aaron Forbes, Cara Zayn
Recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA

PERSONNEL

Madison Urie – vocals, keyboards, lyrics, composition
Sara Brie-Loren – guitar, programming, mastering, engineering
Aaron Forbes – bass, mixing
Charlie Hawks – drum machine, programming
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 01/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 01/01/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/01/2021(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/01/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/01/2021(UTC), kandii on 27/01/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 01 January 2021 02:47:09(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erica: I never knew madison had a last name...is she related to that guy Gemma was with at one time? Sounds like she's wanting to get frisky in 2021.

Nina: don't we all,love? I think we all deserve it after this year.

Erica: I thought this was going to be a sweet song and I already had s&m jokes ready...well played for making it an ode to horny,madison.

Nina: ode to horny? The sequel to ode to Joy?

Erica: nobody wants to get down with Joy behar.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 01/01/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 01 January 2021 04:19:52(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
David Dankworth: Madison i must applause you for that amazing song you pull off

OCC: You doing amazing job : )
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 01/01/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2021 21:28:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: I never knew madison had a last name...is she related to that guy Gemma was with at one time? Sounds like she's wanting to get frisky in 2021.

Nina: don't we all,love? I think we all deserve it after this year.

Erica: I thought this was going to be a sweet song and I already had s&m jokes ready...well played for making it an ode to horny,madison.

Nina: ode to horny? The sequel to ode to Joy?

Erica: nobody wants to get down with Joy behar.

Madison: Yes, I'm of that Urie clan. Make of that what you will! 😳 I do like to think of myself as the Beethoven of skanky anthems, you're welcome world!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/01/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 03 January 2021 21:29:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
David Dankworth: Madison i must applause you for that amazing song you pull off

OCC: You doing amazing job : )

Madison: Thank you David, hope you enjoy listening to it!

OOC: Thank you! :)
2001clay on 04/01/2021(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 04 January 2021 07:43:34(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Jake: Ah, everyone loves the bad boy or girl but then you realize that they aren't good for you long term. Only person that hasn't gone through that phase is Sarah.

Chris: Yeah, but Sarah is the bad girl gone good.

Jake: What's makes you think you know my wife better than me?

Chris: Jake, the bad thing you done was not play for a netflix subscription. You could NEVER handle a bad girl. Sarah on the other hand?

Jake: What the hell! I will find madison and have the pick the baddest bitch out there!

Sarah: You going to do what now, Jake?

Jake: sorry, honey.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/01/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 04/01/2021(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 08 January 2021 02:26:31(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: I think we all need some brutal love from time to time. I've learned that moderation is key. One day you'll find that person who won't break your heart but leave you feeling tender for a few days. Rowrz. I should be doing the 2021 thing and telling you to quit this toxic relationship but in this day and age we should get our thrills when and where we can. Whatever floats your boat...or sinks it ;)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/01/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 09/01/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 10 January 2021 07:52:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Oooooo...I really like this. The video gets across the song very well and your lyrics are always top notch. I’m really happy to see Madison back doing things. She’s always been a character of yours that I always wished you did more with so it’s nice to see her come back so hard. This is nice and edgy, far from cookie cutter and it’s also awesome to see you write a strong description of the song so we can imagine its sound aside from using sound alikes. Good stuff as usual! x
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 10/01/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 16 January 2021 17:34:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Jake: Ah, everyone loves the bad boy or girl but then you realize that they aren't good for you long term. Only person that hasn't gone through that phase is Sarah.

Chris: Yeah, but Sarah is the bad girl gone good.

Jake: What's makes you think you know my wife better than me?

Chris: Jake, the bad thing you done was not play for a netflix subscription. You could NEVER handle a bad girl. Sarah on the other hand?

Jake: What the hell! I will find madison and have the pick the baddest bitch out there!

Sarah: You going to do what now, Jake?

Jake: sorry, honey.

Madison: Hi Jake!! Love
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 16 January 2021 17:36:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: I think we all need some brutal love from time to time. I've learned that moderation is key. One day you'll find that person who won't break your heart but leave you feeling tender for a few days. Rowrz. I should be doing the 2021 thing and telling you to quit this toxic relationship but in this day and age we should get our thrills when and where we can. Whatever floats your boat...or sinks it ;)

Madison: Definitely starting to think I went with the wrong title for this one! I agree with your sentiment though!
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 16 January 2021 17:39:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Oooooo...I really like this. The video gets across the song very well and your lyrics are always top notch. I’m really happy to see Madison back doing things. She’s always been a character of yours that I always wished you did more with so it’s nice to see her come back so hard. This is nice and edgy, far from cookie cutter and it’s also awesome to see you write a strong description of the song so we can imagine its sound aside from using sound alikes. Good stuff as usual! x

OOC: Thank you, I'm glad that the lyrics come across well. I'm trying to focus on getting better at the more mainstream stuff so Madison and Orion will be my experiments for writing in this different way. She's a character I've always liked the idea of, but she's never been one of my main focuses so hopefully this year she'll get a little more time to shine. Thanks again!
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 27 January 2021 19:30:07(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Aikya: the way this song is my life. turn it up, turn it all the way up.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 30/01/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 31 January 2021 04:21:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Serenity: Ooh, I'm a sucker for tragic love songs/stories/movies and other media. You and Cara make quite the songwriting duo, almost reminds me of like a young Hall and Oates but they were never quite as good as you I mean they have some cute hits but doesn't have that WOW factor and star power like you two.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 05/02/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#14 Posted : 19 February 2021 05:08:46(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: BANG-ER! This has all the makings for being one of, if not the biggest single this year. This is the definition of an earworm that you listen to once and the melody or chorus just stays stuck in your head. You have one of the biggest voices in music today. Great work from both yourself and Cara. I will even overlook the fact that Cara still owes me a date from like six/seven years ago when I shamelessly flirted with her on live television.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/02/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 20 February 2021 01:35:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Aikya: the way this song is my life. turn it up, turn it all the way up.

Madison: So much love for ya! Turn it all the way up! x
Offline C4AJoh  
#16 Posted : 20 February 2021 01:36:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: Ooh, I'm a sucker for tragic love songs/stories/movies and other media. You and Cara make quite the songwriting duo, almost reminds me of like a young Hall and Oates but they were never quite as good as you I mean they have some cute hits but doesn't have that WOW factor and star power like you two.

Madison: Thanks so much Serenity! A young Hall and Oates? That's for sure a new one, not sure which of us is which.
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 20 February 2021 01:44:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
RRH: BANG-ER! This has all the makings for being one of, if not the biggest single this year. This is the definition of an earworm that you listen to once and the melody or chorus just stays stuck in your head. You have one of the biggest voices in music today. Great work from both yourself and Cara. I will even overlook the fact that Cara still owes me a date from like six/seven years ago when I shamelessly flirted with her on live television.

Madison: Ryan, I need to see the footage of you getting low to this track. I fucking know it exists. Thanks for the kind words, I will re-read them when I'm a little less high just to verify that it's legit and then I will fangirl all over this damn moment.

Cara: ...
PANIC! on 20/02/2021(UTC)