logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 22 March 2021 02:44:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Hot Take – Fan Choice Awards VIII
Presented by Half-Moon Music // Hosted by Ashford York / Cara Zayn / Maliah Hope Aguilar
Los Angeles, California, USA / London, England, UK
MARCH 21, 2021

PART I

Ashford: Welcome to today’s special show. I’m joined by the remarkable Cara Zayn in the studio here in Los Angeles and we’ll be chatting with our friend and colleague overseas in London, Ms. Maliah Aguilar over skype, it feels appropriate in these weird times. But we’re coming together for the first of hopefully many Half-Moon specials as the three of us will be going over the nominees for the eighth Fan Choice Awards due to take place in April. It’s an awards show that signifies the ever-changing landscape of the music industry and the modern age of social media and fandoms, voted for by the fans. In its eighth incarnation it has right become the top music awards show in the industry, seeing off countless competition throughout the year to remain as popular as ever. In the recent nominee reveal event, it was high budget and spectacular, setting social media alight as it dominated the trending topics and with the announcement of performers still to come, it’s likely to be the most talked about topic right up until the day of the show and likely for the following week afterwards at the very least.

Cara: You done?

Maliah: Yeah, I was gonna say.

Cara: Just a polite reminder, Maliah. You have the option to mute. I wish I had.

Ashford: It’s called an introduction, people. This is what we do.

Cara: It’s what you do, we get to the point.

Ashford: Let’s get to it then!

Cara: Alright, so first up we’ve got Best Male Artist and it’s between Silver Spoons, Joshua Grimmie, Payton, Lincoln, Ryan Ross Hernandez and Kidd Amaze. Who you guys got and thoughts?

Maliah: Ordinarily I’m all for Payton on this one, love that dude. He’s my guy! But I feel like he’s had a quieter year as an artist, he’s been focused on the insane success of La Familia so I see him missing out on it. It can only be Joshua Grimmie for me, nothing against the other guys, they’ve been outstanding but Joshua has just been everywhere it seems and that counts a lot for this sort of show. From the last FCA’s he had that insane performance and he went and followed that up with the album, dominated the charts every time. It’s a no brainer for me.

Ashford: I’d have to agree with that sentiment as it’s who we think will win and not who we want to win. He deserves it and I think he’ll clean up at the show. But I think Ryan Ross Hernandez would be tough competition for him in this category, so for it’s definitely between those two. If Silver Spoons had put out his record already then he would be in the conversation too, I’m a big fan of what he does and the stuff with the band excites me very much, but I think Grimmie and Hernandez have just done a little more to earn it. Plus they both certainly know how to play the game and that helps a lot when it comes to fan led voting.

Cara: I think you guys have basically covered it, Kidd Amaze had a great record out there and I fucking love what he does but he doesn’t buy into the game as such and put himself out there as much as the others and Lincoln is just a blind spot for me. I think there’s this stat where he’s only ever released number one singles? But I couldn’t tell you anything about him or those songs. I imagine he has a wild fanbase, so should probably be looked at as a dark horse for this category, but just an absolute enigma to me.

Ashford: Alright, Best Female Artist. I think everybody’s got a chance in this one. We’ve got Isabel, Mandy Williams, Radio Vine, Amy Meyer, Serenity Scott and the late Stephanie Fierce. What do you guys think?

Cara: If we’re talking about purely the work, then for me it’s Radio Vine. Back in the day, she was always a force but I feel like she was always like just under the radar but “Vineyard”, the visuals and the show around it, it all came together and she brought us into her fucked up world. It was a joy to behold and she’s absolutely the one who deserves the award. It’s just a case of whether Isabel’s fanbase is still as strong as it always was, which I think it is and that for me could be enough for her to take this award.

Maliah: Yeah, I think Radio will be the name on everybody’s lips but Mandy put out an amazing and long-awaited album, plus her fanbase is very strong. Stephanie’s name still carries a lot of weight and Serenity may be an underdog here. Amy’s fanbase probably isn’t the same as it was at her peak with Riot! but Isabel, even though it was essentially a greatest hits record, it included two new songs and her fanbase alone is ridiculous. So it’s between Radio and Isabel. I can’t look past Izzy because I’m part of that fanbase and she’s always been the golden goose.

Ashford: Of course I think you all are sleeping on my friend Amy, she fucking bared her soul on that record, I’m absolutely biased and hey, Cara you should be too, she’s your damn buddy! But in reality, I don’t think this is her category. I think it’s gotta be Radio’s. She’s been the buzz artist of the last few months in my opinion, as great as the others are. I think it’s her time.

Maliah: We’re two awards in and it’s already shaping up to be the most open awards show I can remember. Next up is Best Band/Group and it’s between Mimi, Proximo, The Jollies, Weekend, iCandy and Orion.

Ashford: This is a bizarre one for me, it’s a category I’d have historically looked out for but I feel like there’s something lacking in the band aspect. It’s all very pop oriented which is just the way the industry is at the moment. I think Proximo played the game incredibly well, how good they are as a music act I think for me is still up for debate, their dance challenge is the main thing. I don’t know if the music alone is memorable enough for me, but I could just be a little cynical and jaded. Mimi is a little too recent for me and I’ve yet to delve into them fully, I like what I’ve seen so far but don’t have enough knowledge of their work right now. I’ll go with Weekend on name recognition, not sure what they’ve done recently to be up for the award. But if they dropped a snippet of a song tomorrow, the entire world would lose it’s shit as would I.

Cara: Orion for me, I’m with you on the lack of band in the traditional sense. It hurts to see Rock music falter so much that’s there’s no appearance from a rock band in this category which would have traditionally been contested by them. Hurts to see it, hopefully the landscape will change a little soon. But yeah, nothing to add to this one, unfortunately.

Maliah: The Jollies as a first choice for me, I think what they did last year was put a smile on our faces when we needed it the most and their whole MO is something that I definitely vibe with. As a second choice I’ll go with Proximo, I was so hyped when the dance challenge was going off and I think the industry needs that variety. Plus I’m madly in love with each of those boys, like yummy!

Ashford: We’re onto Best Newcomer next, it’s between Sonny, Trinity Love, Spoons, Paige Wesley, iCandy and Sophia Delaney.

Cara: Sonny for me, that fucking dude gets it. Blew everybody away with his debut single and E.P. Immediately made himself a force to be reckoned with in the industry just through the quality and uniqueness of his work. Not really much more to say for me on this one, it’s a one horse race.

Ashford: I’ll take your one horse race and throw in Spoons, the side project? Of Silver Spoons. For me, I hope he puts all of his focus on the band aspect because the taster that he delivered with this group was perfection. It’s absolutely my sort of vibe and I appreciate the art of it. I can see Sonny picking up the award because it’s a little more accessible than the alt-country and americana vibes that Spoons put out there, but I’m hopeful.

Maliah: Sonny did the damn thing. He deserves the award! I’d give honorable mention to Paige Wesley though, her record was solid!

Cara: Alright, I already have a feeling the rest of this show is gonna take a while. But we’ve got Best Single and it’s between Hernandez “In Hate We Trust”, Isabel “Eat You Up”, Grimmie “Swallow”, Radio “Funhouse”, Billy “Gemini” and Proximo “I Wanna”. It’s a toughie, what do you guys think?

Maliah: I’m gonna get hate from Ashford with this one, but Proximo arrived with “I Wanna”, they caught the mood of their fans and they should definitely slide into the DM’s, ya hear me!

Cara: Damn, Maliah about to risk it all on live broadcasting. Get yours girl! Is “Gemini” the oldest single on that list, I wasn’t expecting it to be here because it feels like it came out ages ago. Either way, “Gemini” by Billy was elite.

Ashford: I think Ryan Ross Hernandez caught the zeitgeist with “In Hate We Trust, USA” and it was an incredibly important and powerful single, I think that one takes the award but I think Isabel “Eat You Up” will not be far behind, comeback single a lot of hype behind it and it was just a perfect pop track. I preferred “Portrait” but you can’t deny that “Eat You Up” was probably THE single of that period.

Ashford: Alright, onto Best Album. We’ve got Mimi “When I Grow Up”, Joshua “Goldenheart”, Mandy Williams “Electrified”, Isabel “Portrait”, Amy Meyer “Bandages and Gauze” and Radio Vine, “Vineyard”. Not easy to choose.

Cara: Again the buzz for Radio on “Vineyard” is something that we just can’t deny, give it to her. Her uniqueness is her beauty.

Maliah: I love a pop record, so this is like choosing your favourite puppy. I love Mimi, Joshua is untouchable right now, Mandy came back STRONG and Isabel cannot fail. I think I rule Amy and Radio out on this one because their stuff is a little more niche. Maybe rule Isabel out because those songs were already out there for us anywhere apart from two of them. I’d like to say Mandy to win this one, actually.

Ashford: Again don’t sleep on my girl, Amy. But I get that it’s probably not quite as mainstream as the others. I don’t think you can look beyond Joshua. Right now if there was a power rankings for the music industry he’s been top for the past year. Mandy’s record was great as was the rest of them, it’s why they were all nominated but I don’t believe you can look beyond Joshua with this one.

Cara: We’ve got Best Performance next. With The Jollies, Stephanie Fierce, Radio Vine, Joshua Grimmie, Isabel and Silver Spoons. Some great performances in a year where we didn’t get very many. Where you guys at with this one?

Ashford: Again you’d have to say Joshua, he absolutely made a statement with the performance at the last FCA Awards. I can’t look beyond that, it’s a performance that was talked about in the aftermath for a while. But then the conversation wasn’t about the actual performance but the statement made during it. So I could understand if somebody else took home this one.

Maliah: I absolutely love The Jollies but for me, the comeback of Isabel was a dream. It was beautiful to see her on a stage again.

Cara: It’s a tough category, do you award this to the artist that generated the most buzz surrounding it? Or do you award it based on quality of performance? If it’s based on the quality of the performance and everything around that then it goes to Radio Vine for me, but if it’s based on the most buzz then probably Joshua. But I think the posthumous Super Bowl performance from Stephanie was something special and very well done. I hope it’ll be Stephanie but likely will be Radio or Joshua.

Maliah: Best Producer up next, Amy Meyer, Sunny Monroe, Daniel the Freenerd, Drew Westbrook and The Wolverines. Not an easy category to decide on because it’s tough to know how much input they had.

Cara: I think creativity wise my vote would be for Daniel the Freenerd, seems to bring something interesting to the records that he’s involved in. But it could go any way with this one.

Ashford: Drew Westbrook or The Wolverines, I think The Wolverines have had their hands on a few different records throughout the past few months and they always seem to produce consistently good records. I’m not all that sure that the producers input is that impactful these days, it seems like the artists take more control of their work which is a good thing.

Maliah: The Wolverines for me, they are listed on some of the biggest tracks of recent years. They’re relatively low key but they always seem to deliver quality work, so that would be my pick for this one.

Ashford: Best Songwriter, we’ve got Coke, Christopher Hudson, Sunny Monroe, Joshua Grimmie, Cara Zayn and Ryan Ross Hernandez. Interesting options with more artists involved in this category than usual.

Cara: I think I can take the L on this one, I don’t think enough of the songs that I’ve written for people recently have been released yet. Only Naomi and Madison from what I’m aware of. I have to say Christopher Hudson is the consistent songwriter in the industry, he was robbed last time out by me and absolutely deserves the award every year for his consistency.

Maliah: I like Christopher Hudson he’s got a hand in more pop hits than many probably realise but for me Sunny Monroe is a total force to be reckoned with that doesn’t get enough attention. Her work with Isabel alone is amazing.

Ashford: If we’re just limiting this to songwriters that consistently work with others rather than artists on their own work then it’s Sunny or Christopher for me. If we’re opening it up to the entire field which seems to be the case then I have a soft spot for Coke as a songwriter, really unique writer with a lot of depth and clever wordplay.

Cara: Jesus we’re not even half-way there yet, we may need a part one and part two of this show. Next is Best Record Label with Big Diamond Records, FivePeskyKids, Studio60 Records, Tric-Jam Records and La Familia.

Ashford: Just purely based on stature it’s between Five Pesky Kids and Studio60 Records for me. They’re just bigger operations with huge rosters, If I’m honest I don’t know how we judge this category.

Maliah: I agree, it’s a tough category to judge. Based on the idea of the label and output recently, I think La Familia will keep hold of their award. That influx of Latin music is a beautiful thing for the industry and I think you can’t ignore the impact of the label.

Cara: It could go any way for me, maybe Tric-Jam for their impact on modern rap and hip-hop which is flourishing these days. But you can’t write off Payton with La Familia.

Maliah: Ooooooh, it’s about to get real interesting now. We’ve got Sexiest Male, between Den, Younghood, Derek Ruiz, Dae Ho Park, Riley Hamilton, Kidd Amaze, Diego Bello, David Hernandez, Billy, Ryan Ross Hernandez, Deneil and Joshua Grimmie. Lemme just turn on the AC right now while I look through some of the nominees.

Ashford: I mean, there’s no way of predicting this category. I’ll play it safe, Billy seems to usually do well in these categories, right?

Cara: My man ain’t on the list which makes me question the validity of this award but I ain’t gonna run from a tricky question, I will give a legit answer because fuck, I ain’t blind! Dae Ho Park for me is pretty fine and I can’t deny that Younghood is a fine specimen. I’ve said what I’ve said, fuck the consequences!

Maliah: *continues looking through the nominees on her phone* Yo, guys, gimme a second!

Cara: Girl, I understand. You’re single, you’re fucking fire. What you say right now could have positive ramifications for yourself.

Maliah: Okay, okay, okay! I can’t just go with one, I’ve made my feelings on all of the guys in Proximo very clear so Diego Bello or Derek Ruiz, I can’t choose between both.

Cara: Babe, you don’t have to!

Maliah: Oh, jeez! *fans herself*

Ashford: You guys done now? I was gonna say finished but thought that maybe wasn’t an appropriate choice of words. We’ve got Sexiest Female next with Stephanie Ortiz, Gemma Kane, Coke, Naomi, Tika Mays, Tatiana, Stephanie Fierce, Natasha Stanovski, Mercedes, Isabel, Anaisz and Andrea. Where are your heads at right now?

Cara: I’ll go first, give Maliah a moment to compose herself. I think it’s between two if I’m honest, I know one very well and I can attest to the fact that you fall in love as soon as your eyes meet. Naomi, my girl, I got to work with her on her song and it’s amazing that I was even able to get anything done, she’s flawless and has such a classic beauty to her. Her main competition for this is Tatiana, like we know I’m all about that the booty and even I have to bow down to that. She’s absolutely got it.

Ashford: I mean everybody on that list is just incredibly fine in their own right, I think Tika Mays has a subtle beauty that draws you in and knocks you out without you even realising it. But I think there’s something about Natasha that intrigues me, it’s an effortless beauty I think.

Maliah: I mean, I’ve got a preference to the guys but I’m not opposed to the ladies. This is a god damn list! I think as it’s Sexiest rather than Most Attractive it implies that it’s more about those feelings inside rather than aesthetics. This one is maybe even more difficult that the guys, I have a list, can’t narrow it down. Coke, Naomi, Tatiana, Mercedes and Anaisz. They all appeal to me in different aspects, not sure I wanna discuss further though.

Cara: My girl is flustered, I can only hope that you meet these people soon! We’re gonna take a brief break before we return with the rest of the nominees!

OOC: Don't usually do these sort of things, but tried to keep it entertaining enough. It's all for fun and just to add a little more depth to what we do here. It's taken a lot longer than I had expected to write it and realised I'd have to split it into at least two parts, so Part 2 will be posted at some point when I get finished writing it! Hope ya'll enjoy! :)
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/03/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 22/03/2021(UTC), erich hess on 22/03/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/03/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/03/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/03/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/03/2021(UTC), kandii on 24/03/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 25 March 2021 01:46:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Hot Take – Fan Choice Awards VIII
Presented by Half-Moon Music // Hosted by Ashford York / Cara Zayn / Maliah Hope Aguilar
Los Angeles, California, USA / London, England, UK
MARCH 24, 2021

PART II

Maliah: We’re back guys with Part II, hope you enjoyed the first one and didn’t take it all too seriously, and it’s Favourite Pop Act up next. Between Tika Mays, Naomi, Layla, Isabel, The Jollies and Joshua Grimmie.

Ashford: I think I’ve stated my thoughts on Layla in recent months, she’s the artist with the biggest potential in my opinion, I think she’s a superstar with no ceiling and it’s gonna be insane to see how far she goes. I can’t go beyond Layla for this one, despite the abilities of her competition.

Cara: Naomi I feel may be hamstrung by the lack of output at this time, but I think in the coming months you’ll see her everywhere, it just may be a little too soon for her to take home this one. Joshua again could very well clean up and Isabel will always be in contention.

Maliah: I’m rooting for the underdogs on this one and I’m hoping for either The Jollies or Tika Mays, I think Tika has had one hell of a breakthrough year. The Jollies have killed it since their debut.

Ashford: Favourite Pop Single up next with The Jollies “Viva La Vida”, Isabel “Eat You Up”, Ryan Ross Hernandez “In Hate We Trust, USA”, Proximo “I Wanna”, Silver Spoons “Easy Access” and Joshua Grimmie “Tragic Kingdom”.

Cara: Isabel for me with “Eat You Up”, it was a monster hit and rightly so.

Ashford: I’d like to say Hernandez, but I think the track suffers in the pop category. Isabel or Joshua for me are no brainers on this one.

Maliah: Isabel “Eat You Up” or Proximo “I Wanna”. Obvious reasons for both, Isabel is the absolute Queen and Proximo are my Kings.

Cara: We’ve got Favourite Alternative Act next with Daniel the Freenerd, Sonny, Silver Spoons, Chicago Nobody and Amy Meyer.

Ashford: I’ve got Amy Meyer or Silver Spoons for this one, with Sonny as a dark horse. Slight bias for Amy on this one but Silver Spoons is somebody that has been doing some great stuff recently.

Maliah: Sonny for me with that debut E.P and single, he showed up out of nowhere and just delivered bangers for us all, so unique and so exciting at the thought of what’s to come for him.

Cara: I’ve got to with Amy on this one, she delivered a heartfelt record true to herself and has credit in the back in the Alternative category.

Maliah: We’ve got Favourite Alternative Single next with Fangs “Prince Charming (feat. Vanity & XXX), Sonny “Sonny Falls Into The Voice”, Daniel the Freenerd “Monster in Your Bed”, Radio Vine “Sweet Tea”, Amy Meyer “Bandages and Gauze” and Ryan Ross Hernandez “Darkness in Light/Light in Darkness”. Interesting choices!

Cara: Radio Vine with “Sweet Tea”, that bitch is such a talent, fucked up like uber crazy but such a talent. Possibly Hernandez as a second choice for me, he always delivers and is more suited to this category in my opinion.

Maliah: It’s a toughie because of the uniqueness of each track, but I’d have to edge towards Sonny or Radio Vine on this one. They were tracks that stuck with me a little longer than the others.

Ashford: Fangz is somebody that intrigues me very much, that was a monster track with Vanity on there, so I’d be inclined to go with her. Seems like an enigma right now, can’t say I know an awful lot of her and her style of music but it’s something I’ll be looking out for and as debut’s go, you’ve got to pretty damn talented for Vanity to agree to work with you as proven by the quality of the track.

Maliah: We’re moving on to Favourite Collaboration which is always interesting, Andrea and Payton “How Bout Dat”, DJ Rashai “Midas (feat. Chicago Nobody, Power David and Kidd Amaze”, Stephanie Fierce “Eternal (feat. Younghood)”, Lincoln and Austin Nimmo “Big Talk”, iCandy and Eilidh “Hookup” and Proximo “Light It Up (feat. Anaisz)”.

Ashford: I tend to have a love hate relationship with collaborations and find that it’s just to add an extra fanbase into your own realm. I like them to feel more like a natural thing, I can’t say any of those tracks stood out for me personally but I’d go with Andrea and Payton with “How Bout Dat” for authenticity and two people that have musical styles that mesh well together.

Cara: Stephanie Fierce and Younghood isn’t something I thought I needed until it arrived. I think that’s the standout in this category for me.

Maliah: You know where my head is at with this one. Proximo boys all the way. Upbeat energy, summer vibes and Anaisz sultry vocals thrown in too. I’m all about that.

Ashford: Favourite Music Video, all quite different from each other, we’ve got Radio Vine “Sweet Tea”, Den “The After Life”, Isabel “Eat You Up”, Spoons “Raised by Wolves”, Madison “Brutal Love” and Naomi “The Rhythm”.

Cara: Only one for me and that’s Naomi with “The Rhythm”, I think she just knocked us all out when she released that video.

Maliah: I have nothing to add.

Ashford: I think this one is pretty unanimous between the three of us then because everything was done to perfection from the teasers to the build up and eventually the release, it had a lot of hype to live up to and just left everybody in awe of her.

Cara: Favourite Latin Act, between Anaisz, Proximo, Slim Money and Payton.

Ashford: Slim Money has delivered since arriving on the scene in a thriving style that just looks like it’s gonna get more mainstream throughout this year.

Maliah: I feel like a broken record and at the risk of receiving a restraining order Proximo. But Payton is not to be fucked with, Slim Money crushed it and Anaisz could come through although I don’t know if she did quite enough. It’s like picking a favourite child, but Proximo just takes for the way they built on the hype and buzz and really used social media to their advantage.

Cara: Favourite K-Pop Act, with Midnight20, Mimi, iCandy and Dreamin Creame.

Ashford: Not a strong knowledge of K-Pop as a genre despite its growing popularity. I would have to play it safe and go with Mi-Mi, a lot of hype off the back of their final record is the only indicator for me in a genre that I’m not all over.

Maliah: Similar to Ash, it’s something I’ve been looking to delve into a little more but I just dunno. I’m fond of iCandy and Mi-Mi, can’t say I have much knowledge of Dreamin Creame and Midnight20 just yet, but it’s a style that I’m looking to become more familiar with.

Cara: Again playing it safe with Mi-Mi, it’s a record I’ve listened to and enjoyed. I can’t say I know much of the other acts on the list.

Ashford: Moving on to Favourite Urban Act with Kidd Amaze, Andrea, Billy, Payton, Deneil and Orion. With Hip-Hop and Rap thriving in the past year, it’s gonna be a tough one.

Maliah: Kidd Amaze for me, highly consistent and “Sides” just saw him deliver fully.

Cara: I’m on board with Kidd Amaze winning, fully deserved. Had the others have brought out their records then it would have been a little closer, but for me on the basis of a FIRE album, it’s gotta be Kidd.

Ashford: I understand the reasoning and would agree, but for me any time Deneil steps up to the plate, it’s just a whole different result. I think Kidd would take it home this time around but Deneil is where the bar is at for me as an artist.

Cara: Continuing on from that, we’ve got Favourite Urban Single contested between Younghood “Tune It Up”, Jo Frankson “Venom”, Billy “Gemini”, Orion “Playin (feat. Aubrey Mikkel)”, Keshia Love “I Have To Let You Go”, Andrea + Payton “How Bout Dat”.

Ashford: In terms of singles, I can’t look beyond Billy or Orion. “Gemini” was an anthem without doubt.

Maliah: Andrea and Payton as the runaways for me on this one, their chemistry is so clear, it just works. I’d give props to Keshia Love too, love that beautiful RnB vibe.

Cara: Younghood or Orion for me, also props to Aubrey, she fucking delivered on that collab. But I know my man’s gotta be delivering something BIG next time the awards come around, we gotta have Jay putting shit out there again. It ain’t right not seeing his name on these lists.

Ashford: Not at all sure how we judge this one, but Favourite Couple next with Chris Walker + Chicago Nobody, Dae Ho Park + Joshua Grimmie, Drew Westbrook + Deneil, Payton + Andrea and Jerry Holmes + Billy.

Cara: Gotta go with my dude Chris Walker and Chicago Nobody. It’s a pointless award but it’s an award nonetheless.

Maliah: Andrea and Payton, free love all the way baby! They’re such a vibe!

Ashford: I have nothing much to add to this, I have no clue. Although I wasn’t aware Dae and Joshua were a thing, always assumed he and Layla were together.

Cara: We’re into the final two categories of the main show, Favourite Actress/Actor next between Allison Cooper, Aaron Styles, Dae Ho Park and Chris Walker.

Ashford: Not a massive category that I’m aware of. I’ve seen Aaron Styles in a few things, not so much the other guys. There’s my EXPERT opinion.

Maliah: I don’t know if it counts but Chris Walker purely for his pop culture show.

Cara: Chris Walker, I haven’t seen anything the other guys have done, so couldn’t possibly be non-biased.

Ashford: Another award that I just don’t know how to judge, but Fan Favourite Award between The Jollies, Mi-Mi, Mandy Williams, Weekend, Isabel, Stephanie Fierce, Joshua Grimmie, Radio Vine, Payton and Tika Mays.

Cara: If we’re basing it on fanbases then it’s Weekend every single time.

Maliah: Weekend fans are not to be fucked with, I’m sort of on the outskirts of the fandom, a little too afraid to go all in. I’d like to say Isabel’s got a good chance with this one, they just seem to support their girl through it all, 100% loyalty.

Ashford: Weekend lose this one to Joshua Grimmie as the momentum shifts truly for the first time in a long time.

Maliah: And that’s it for the main awards, are we gonna go ahead with the Pre-Show Awards?

Cara: We’re here now, we may as well take a shot at those too.

Maliah: Alrighty, so we’ve got Favourite Social Media between Tatiana, Tika Mays, Chris Walker, Mercedes, Lincoln and Billy.

Cara: Oooooof, I’m gonna back outta this one. There is only one winner and they’re not even nominated, but I’mma give my vote to Erica. Chris, I love you dude and hope you win but there’s been a terrible oversight. Erica for me, fuck the system!

Ashford: As a rule, it’s always wise to stay away from social media. It can be so tempting to feed the trolls. But my subjective opinion would be that Mercedes wins the award for the sheer amount of work that she puts into her posts. Respect it.

Maliah: I’mma throw a hashtag out to ya’ll and you will both know exactly what I’m talking about, thusly making your arguments irrelevant. #TatiTuesday

Ashford: Another tricky one but we’ve got Favourite Movie/Show between Unkillable, Crazy Lady and Catch Up.

Cara: I’m going with Chris “Primetime” Walker and Catch Up. Easy one for me in my biased opinion.

Maliah: Unkillable, I’m all about that show but you can’t top Crazy Lady, inside the mind of Radio Vine, what a damn trip!

Ashford: I’m with Mali on that one, Radio Vine. Crazy Lady, great stuff.

Ashford: And finally, we’re onto the FCA Artist to Watch award. The rising star of the industry at this moment, someone to keep an eye on in the coming months. Between Keshia Love, Fangz, Slim Money, Samantha Stevens, Camille Preston and Sahara Blue.

Cara: Slim Money has laid the groundwork perfectly, I think he’s on a rocket in the coming months. The dude gets it this time around.

Maliah: Keshia Love or Sahara Blue, I think we’ve only had a taster of Sahara Blue so far but she leaves you wanting more.

Ashford: I gotta close this one out with a battle between Slim Money and Fangz. I think Slim Money just edges it on the count of more familiarity with him but Fangz lit it up on her debut, it’s a question of how she follows it now.

Maliah: Alright guys, that wraps things up for us. It’s been fun talking through the nominees for the upcoming FCA Awards, of course this was purely just a rundown of our own personal opinions on the artists nominated, but it’s always fun to share your own views and debate. Everybody that’s in with a chance and even those who narrowly missed out are obviously all incredible talents in their own right, so make sure you support your favourite when it comes time to vote. Don’t be afraid of stating your views whether it’s with your head or your heart, at the end of the day, there’s always more serious shit going on in the real world so just have fun and mostly importantly support each other. I’m gonna go head off to a remote island now, Proximo boys are more than welcome!
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/03/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 25/03/2021(UTC), erich hess on 25/03/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 25/03/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/03/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/03/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 25/03/2021(UTC)