logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2021 06:37:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke)
Artist: Orion
Release Date: March 13, 2021
Length: 3:58
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: December 2020 – Studio60, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop, Trap
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Written: December 2020
Writer(s): Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen, Alexis Brooke Pérez
Producer(s): Orion, DeAndre Patton
Previous Single: “We Bring Em’ Up” (December 26, 2020) [#05]

“Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke) is the fifth single from American hip-hop group ‘Orion’, it marks a hugely productive nine months from the trio following their signing to Tric-Jam Records in the summer of 2020. Beginning with their debut effort, “Fuck Me Over” peaking at number one on the singles chart, it’s politically charged follow-up “Make American Breathe Again” peaking at number two, the collaborative effort with Aubrey Mikkel titled, “Playin’” peaking at number one and ending the year with the emotive “We Bring Em’ Up” peaking at number five. During this period also receiving a lot of love from industry peers and a growing fanbase which culminated in winning the Artist to Watch award at the FCA VII’s and Best Urban Single for “Fuck Me Over”. All of this resulting in high expectations quickly being placed at the trio’s feet as they continue to work on their debut album which is expected in the summer of 2021 as well as a string of more singles expected to arrive in the build-up to the album’s release.

With the release of their latest single coming in the early stages of 2021, it’s widely expected that the group backed by the Studio60 machine under the Tric-Jam Records banner will look to continue on the hype built during their debut year, with industry experts predicting that they’ll be looking to outdo what they did in the previous year as the expected release date of their debut album gets closer, one insider states that there’s a strong roll-out plan prior to the record and even suggested that each individual member of the group has been encouraged to collaborate independently of the group, with some suggesting that there’ll be a push for them to make a name for themselves individually as well as together as a group in the new, some even reporting that the three will be given license to work on solo projects as well as together as a group. They have already collaborated with a number of people considered to be within their circle, including Kara Romero, Aubrey Mikkel and Marina Balan and it’s been all but confirmed that they have a number of things coming alongside the official release of their own work in anticipation for their debut album.

With their latest single, they’ve enlisted the vocal abilities of ‘Alexis Brooke’, formerly known as Alex Grey to fans of the former pop girl-group SYNCO. It’s believed that Orion had the singer in mind when the idea of the track was being thrown around in the studio along with a list of other possible names that they had in mind for the song but the first contact they made was with Alexis due to her unique RnB and Latin influenced vocal style, the timing was believed to be perfect for the group to work alongside the former pop-group singer as she was beginning to work on her own solo work for the first time in her career following an unexpected break from the industry following SYNCO’s abrupt hiatus. It’s considered that the idea of Alexis breaking from the squeaky-clean image of SYNCO was a high priority for the singer as she embarks on her first steps away from the girl-group and the opportunity to work alongside Orion would help her on her way in terms of her solo career.

According to Orion member Boa, he pushed hard to get Alexis on the track as the two had started to form a friendship having met for the first time at the FCA’s back in August, he stated, “Man, for our first awards show it was tough to read a lot of people in that building. We were still new to this game and we didn’t know how people were gonna take us, but Alexis was one of the first to come over and hang with us. A bunch of us hung out at the hotel we had to stay in and throughout the night we realized she was just a dope fuckin’ kid. We didn’t know much about her background but man, she started singing and she’s got that soulful RnB tone to her voice. Got half the room weak at the knees and she’s got some bars too, but I don’t think she sees that as her game. We kept in touch since then and when we had the idea of this track, I definitely fought to get her involved in this. I think musically the chilled out beat fits her vocal style like magic but I think she’s got one of those voices that can fit any genre. For me though, it was the whole package that sold it. We like to surround ourselves with legit people that aren’t afraid to speak up for themselves and she’s chill as fuck but has that fire when it’s needed and we respect that.”

The track was written and recorded in December 2020 at Studio60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California by Bellows, Boa, Circuit and Alexis Brooke Pérez and like previous singles was produced by the group alongside DeAndre Patton. It will be released as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single and made available to Weekly Airplay on March 13, 2021 through Tric-Jam Records.

Song Description;

The songs begins with the sound of static, an imitation of somebody changing the radio station in a car which stops on a rhythmic drum and bass beat. It’s rhythm is well paced, giving the song an immediate energy and sense of urgency which would see this being a popular club anthem in a similar vein to their debut single “Fuck Me Over.” The opening verse is delivered by Boa, his slightly deeper voice rapping, “She wants it all night yeah, she’s crazy for it/Her stamina levels so high yeah, she amazes me with it/She a fuckin’ boss, flip it wit a switch/Classy like a Queen but she can get nasty wit it.” Immediately gives you an idea of the songs theme from the beginning.

You can hear additional sounds over the drum and bass mainframe of the song, keyboards adding a little more of a dance aspect to the song and again bringing some more energy to the track as Circuit joins in on the action, delivering his verse, “She like it freaky on some crazy shit/She likes to fight and fuck cause she know the making up is so worth it/Couldn’t stray cause she know just how that is/Pussy so fine, got me being loyal and shit.” Adding to the idea of the song put across from the opening verse which leads way to the chorus delivered by former SYNCO member ‘Alexis Brooke’.

She delivers in a clear and well produced pop vocal with a slight sultry and Latin flair to her delivery along with the beat of the track, “Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it/I’ll show you heaven/Cause I know you can’t fight it/I’m like a fire/Waiting for you to ignite it/Roaring desires/Let’s not deny this.” Which shows an element of power and control from the female perspective in terms of the theme of the lyrics, written by Alexis alongside Orion, she creates an alternative voice from what has often gone in the past where the woman is being lusted after and nothing more, with this input from Alexis it shows that she understands the power that her beauty holds and that she’s just as in control of any situation as her male counterpart.

This is then followed by a verse from Bellows which once again turns the tables on what you’d expect, the rhythmic sounds of the track increase in pace with a little intensity as the song slowly starts to make it’s build towards it’s finale, Bellows delivers his verse passionately, “The way she shoots whiskey/Hangin’ wit the boys/The way she fuckin’ dip and makin’ all that noise/She a damn wild one/Give it all I got/She know she got it/Whenever the fuck she wants.” Again with an indication that the woman that he’s singing about very much holds all the cards and carries her own weight at least from his perspective.

The music again seems to be building as we’re given another verse from Boa as he delivers in his deeper vocal range, “She’s my fuckin’ remedy
Riding into ecstasy/When the weight of the world is all on me/She knows how to heal me/When the arrogance overtakes me/She can bring me to my knees/She’s my fuckin’ remedy/She knows we got that chemistry/Go together chemically/Like an antidote to the disease/She’s my fuckin’ remedy.” Which leads perfectly to the songs climax with Alexis arriving vocally once more, repeating the words, “Remedy, I wanna be/Your remedy/Remedy, I wanna be/Your remedy.” Before delivering the songs powerful chorus once more, “Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it/I’ll show you heaven/Cause I know you can’t fight it/I’m like a fire/Waiting for you to ignite it/Roaring desires/Let’s not deny this.” Which brings the song to an emphatic close.

“Remedy” (feat. Alexis Brooke)

{Boa}
“She wants it all night yeah, she’s crazy for it
Her stamina levels so high yeah, she amazes me with it
She a fuckin’ boss, flip it wit a switch
Classy like a Queen but she can get nasty wit it

{Circuit}
She like it freaky on some crazy shit
She likes to fight and fuck cause she know the making up is so worth it
Couldn’t stray cause she know just how that is
Pussy so fine, got me being loyal and shit

{Alexis}
Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it
I’ll show you heaven
Cause I know you can’t fight it
I’m like a fire
Waiting for you to ignite it
Roaring desires
Let’s not deny this

{Bellows}
The way she shoots whiskey
Hangin’ wit the boys
The way she fuckin’ dip and makin’ all that noise
She a damn wild one
Give it all I got
She know she got it
Whenever the fuck she wants

{Boa}
She’s my fuckin’ remedy
Riding into ecstasy
When the weight of the world is all on me
She knows how to heal me
When the arrogance overtakes me
She can bring me to my knees
She’s my fuckin’ remedy
She knows we got that chemistry
Go together chemically
Like an antidote to the disease
She’s my fuckin’ remedy

{Alexis}
Remedy, I wanna be
Your remedy
Remedy, I wanna be
Your remedy

Bring me your all and you know that I’ll like it
I’ll show you heaven
Cause I know you can’t fight it
I’m like a fire
Waiting for you to ignite it
Roaring desires
Let’s not deny this.”

Credits & Personnel

CREDITS

Produced by Orion and DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by Orion and DeAndre Patton
Recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA

PERSONNEL

Brayton “Bellows” Carter – vocals, keyboards, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Jadyn “Boa” Ghalen – vocals, bass, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Jamel “Circuit” Ghalen – vocals, drum machine, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Alexis Brooke Pérez – vocals, lyrics

DeAndre Patton – production, engineering, mixing
thanks 9 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 14/03/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/03/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 14/03/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/03/2021(UTC), FiveT on 16/03/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 25/03/2021(UTC), kandii on 01/05/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 01/05/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/06/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2021 06:42:59(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
BabyCrush: Orion! We actually love this song & honestly we can't even explain the word from our excitement so big props to you!

OCC: Well done :)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 14/03/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 21 March 2021 00:51:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
BabyCrush: Orion! We actually love this song & honestly we can't even explain the word from our excitement so big props to you!

OCC: Well done :)

Circuit: Thank you ladies, we appreciate the love!

OOC: Thanks! :)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 25 March 2021 18:00:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: Another one smashed right out of the park. The anticipation for this album is palpable at this rate. It's 5 for 5 for me. The verses are fast and slick and then that chorus comes in and smacks you over the head. Our Alexis is a class act, right? Great choice of guest vocalist. There are big things ahead for everyone involved on this track.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 26/03/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 05 April 2021 19:24:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: Another one smashed right out of the park. The anticipation for this album is palpable at this rate. It's 5 for 5 for me. The verses are fast and slick and then that chorus comes in and smacks you over the head. Our Alexis is a class act, right? Great choice of guest vocalist. There are big things ahead for everyone involved on this track.

Bellows: Fuck man, appreciate the support again. Bulk of the album is done, but we ain't rushing it, three ego's make it tough to finalise shit but you know how that is. Alexis is a firecracker for sure, you got yourselves one with her. She can hang, for sure. She's cooking up some mad shit herself from what I've heard!
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 01 May 2021 16:22:11(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dakota: Alexis sounds so sexy on this track, oh wow. Love how consistent Orion is, all of you boys just come harder and harder with every track. The perfect song for a sneaky link ;)
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 01/05/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 08 June 2021 23:00:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Dakota: Alexis sounds so sexy on this track, oh wow. Love how consistent Orion is, all of you boys just come harder and harder with every track. The perfect song for a sneaky link ;)

Circuit: Man, Alexis is a fiery one, cannot lie! Even if we tried to create a tame track it wouldn't have been possible. Too much fire! Couple more tracks coming before the album later this summer. If this is the anthem for the sneaky hook-ups then we're happy wit that title!
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 19 June 2021 02:49:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Zion: This the movement we need. Alexis was a stand out for me! Did not expect to see her growth as a singer on this song coming from the pop girl group she was in.

OOC: I do appreciate a good RP without a soundalike, kind of forces me to picture the song in my head from a sonic stand stand point but the song description did a good job giving me an idea :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/06/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 03 July 2021 18:29:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Zion: This the movement we need. Alexis was a stand out for me! Did not expect to see her growth as a singer on this song coming from the pop girl group she was in.

OOC: I do appreciate a good RP without a soundalike, kind of forces me to picture the song in my head from a sonic stand stand point but the song description did a good job giving me an idea :)

Bellows: Man, appreciate the love for the movement. Alexis is a major talent, once of those rare artists that could work in any genre and own it fully. A real talent, can't wait for her solo career to fully take off!

OOC: Thank you, I've generally avoided using soundalikes because that's just not how I write songs so it would always be a mad last minute scramble to try to find something that fits what's in my head in some way. But I like to think that it doesn't take away from the experience, glad that the description gave you enough detail! :)