logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 July 2021 00:13:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The Culture (EP.01) w/ Bada$$ Morales
Presented by Half-Moon Music // Hosted by Adria del Carmen Morales
Los Angeles, California, USA
July 22, 2021

{Intro Title}
This is “The Culture”, this is what we do it for. You’re locked in to “The Culture”. Freshest rnb and rap hits around mixed with the stone-cold classics. You’re on Half-Moon Music and this is “The Culture”. Sit back and vibe out right now, we’ve got you covered. The freshest rnb and rap hits around. “The Culture”, only on Half-Moon Music.

“Hola como estas? What’s happenin’? It’s time for The Culture, wit ya girl Morales. We talkin’ two big joints this week and a debut single worth stickin’ around for, that’s for sure. Summer is hotting the fuck up right now, we got hits coming on the daily with ‘Ruff Round Records’, ‘Hot Eye Records’ and ‘La Familia’ doing the most right now, giving us life with the latest RnB and Rap hits around. We got Tika Mays hyping her next record, Orion making money moves left and right, partnering up with the NFL and hooking up with Ezra for some real talk and Stephanie motherfuckin’ Fierce is back serving looks and hyping us all the fuck up with ‘WEST SIDE STORY’ and new music coming. I’mma need a minute yo’, this is too much fire to deal wit and we ain’t even got to our three tracks this week … Ight, let’s get into this a little more.

Major props to ‘Ruff Round Records’ they’ve really showcased some real shit recently and hyping some upcoming stuff that you know is gonna be hype, big interest in Liam Russell, dude just put out a fuckin’ jam, but more on that one later. But for me, Chanel C. Fox is one artist that I’m so fuckin’ ready to get on rotation but it looks like we have to wait until September for that one, tease me darlin’s you know I like it! On top of all ah dat, Gabby Love will be dropping her new joint “This is Your Time” around July 25 so that’s another one to keep a look out for. Respect to DJ Hurricane for making it happen with this label, bringing some real talent to the industry and running things like a king. Don’t be sleeping on ‘Ruff Round Records’, they’re on that come up, get in before everyone else jumps on that hype train.

‘Hot Eye Records’ is a label with name recognition and have always been consistent in bringing unique and alternative sounds to the RnB genre, but recently they have fuckin’ snapped, their latest release by Karma titled “Joystick” is a track we’ll go into later, just know I’m all in on that shit right now, that shit is giving me life. But as well as that, they have Zion fucking making panties wet with everything he puts out right now, he certainly got this Mexican feeling all kinds of things with Karma on “Love The Way You Lie”, he just got that older dude swagger where you know he gonna take good care of you in all aspects, ya’ll don’t need to be fuckin’ around wit these younger studs, late thirties is where it’s at if you want shit given right, ya hear me? Nah, he got all these feelings locked in wit me and I know my ladies out there are feeling the same. Daniel The Freenerd is hyping new shit too which you know will be different from the other stuff out there right now and on top of all of that, they’re supporting Stephanie Fierce in the courtroom as she makes her return to the industry after a traumatic period in her life. Respect to the label for hustling, keeping new shit and new names coming through and continuing their legacy as a label.

‘La Familia’ have been the number one label around in the past couple of years, Payton runs that shit and deserves massive credit for bringing Hip-Hop and Latin music to the front of his label, they dabble in other genres but they run the game when it comes to Latin music and I can’t respect the dude more for giving that genre a rebirth, a voice and an identity today. Just going through the roster, it’s fuckin’ nuts how much talent they have on board and I gotta say, it’s the hottest fucking roster I’ve ever seen. Like those Christmas parties must be fuckin’ wild, ya’ll can’t have that much sexiness in the room without some of ya’ll fuckin’. Sabina, Anaisz, Proximo, Diego Lopez, Miami and all ah the others plus ya boi Payton. Recent releases ain’t been too crazy active but too big fuckin’ jams with Tika Mays with “Anxiety” and Payton’s newest joint “Set It Off” which is another of our big tracks this week. Ya know that there’s always gonna be new stuff coming out from the label, so keep your eyes out for those. Plus they announced an influx of new talent recently, Miami getting back in the game at the label is something to really get hyped about but I like the look of another one of their new signings, Fortuna. Can’t wait to see what she brings to the table. Running this shit as always, you know it’s gonna be track worth listening to if it’s got that ‘La Familia’ name attached to it.

In other news, we’ve got Tika Mays hyping her new record, with the release of her new single “Anxiety” she’s confirmed the record will be titled “Truly” and will feature her previous four singles, new La Familia signee is already an established name and you know she brings it every time. It’s definitely gonna be one of the big records of the summer, for sure.
Orion are going after that pay check big style, recent single “Dynasty” peaking at number one ahead of their high-anticipated debut album which is supposedly coming very soon, they’ve just signed a deal with the NFL to provide an insane amount of content for what you know will be an insane bag. #NFLOrion was trending on twitter for a hot minute last weekend and they confirmed their girl Marina was gonna be an official feature on their Madden track which led to #NFLMarina trending too, looks like we’re gonna be seeing some bars from Marina which I’m already fuckin’ salivating at that prospect, she’s a fuckin’ queen that we all need in our life. Also Orion arrived on Real Talk with Ezra, their first major interview. A bombshell was dropped when Bellows confirmed a relationship with Aubrey Mikkel, it had been rumoured but ya girl was still shook. If “Playin’” was any indication, Aubrey is a lucky lady, that’s all I’m sayin’.

But ya big news item for real ‘Stephanie Fierce’, we ain’t gonna go into all the shit that’s gone on with her since that’s a private matter going down in the courtroom but all I can say is that I’m fuckin’ hype that she’s back in the game. Serving looks on her gram in that red dress, like that was too much fire for ya girl, she had to cool herself off, ya know what I mean? … #10yearsofFREE was trending on socials, celebration of the anniversary of a game changing record from the iconic superstar and on top of that, she’s your new Maria in West Side Story, which I’m ready for. She’s contributing original music to that rebirth with the Spanglish “Ordinary Mujer” with two versions, a Maria’s version and a Stephanie Fierce version which will be sent to radio. You know you’ll have to get on that one, it’s gonna be fire, for real. She’s killing it while keeping her shit together at a tough time, that’s the kind of boss ya girl supports.

So that’s the news run down, let’s get to the three hottest tracks around right now;

We’ve got the first of our two big joints today, it’s Payton with “Set It Off”, currently the number one single worldwide, ya boi delivers as he always does and continues to build his status as almost untouchable right now. His first solo release since 2019, he’s back in a big way with this one, delivering bars like only he is capable of. There’s a darkness to the track from the opening, a piano intro to set the mood and lyrics about his tough upbringing. Here’s the first of your big joints this week, it fucking hits like he always does;

UserPostedImage

“Ayo,
I’m the lieutenant and I ain’t even pass ma boilin' point
When I sit back and smoke dis joint, lookin back
On all the shit that I had to do before I had these racks
Straight from San Juan, poor, papa pushin crack
Had to do what he hadda do, to make up for what we lacked
Uncle Eddie passed away and fucked up the family pact
Dat's when I knew I had to step up and get dis shit in-tact

Ninja I tell you, im outta sight
Dis rap shit my lover, my bitch, ight?
Young mothafucka came in the game, and went up like a kite
And I dare any ninja dat wanna step up and take my light
We stayin away from lames, and run the whole game
And you boutta see the truth dat we claim

…”

Our next track is a debut single from Liam Russell and the track is titled “Just Call Me If You Need Me”. A talent discovered by ‘Ruff Round Records’, bringing RnB and Soul vibes with a voice like smooth caramel. It’s a fun track with 70’s Motown vibes, a solid effort to introduce us to a brand new artist that we’ll be hearing about for a while. Like I see you, Liam Russell. You’ve got that vibe and I’ve been vibing out to this track recently, it’s your bubbling under track for this week, one definitely worth sticking on your playslists rotation. Here it is, “Just Call Me If You Need Me”;

UserPostedImage

“How you doin'? (How you doin'?)
What your name? (What your name?)
So, is you single? (Where your men)
I'll pour you a drink (Shut your mouth)
I'm sippin' Jack (Sip, sip) Can't do drippin (Drip, drip)
You look too good (Look too good)
Be all alone (Woo, woo)
My house clean (House clean), jump in hot tub (Hot tub)
Just got cut, fresh like a motherfucker
We should be dancin', waltzing'
In the north wing and the south wing
Of this mansion, what's happenin'?

I ain't trying to pretend
Every word that I say is coming right through my mind
So if you tryna to get away from here

Just call me if you need me
(Just make a one call away, babe)
I'ma call you if i need you, girl
(I'ma make one call for you, hopin')
That you know my heart is beating
Out of my chest like I need you tonight, baby
Tell me do you want my number”

And we’re gonna see out the first ever episode of “The Culture” with the newest track of our three and for me, the biggest joint out right now, it’s the lead single from her upcoming album “Black Diamond”, we’ve got Karma and her track “Joystick”, an RnB track, heavy on the base, you know it’s all set to be a club banger. I’m calling it now as an anthem for Hot Girl Summer. Like you already know I’mma be getting down in the club to this one and even more in the bedroom. It’s got that classic hip hop back beat and you know that always works in the bedroom. Here it is, your bedroom banger, your hot girl summer anthem. Go crazy for it, here’s “Joystick”;

UserPostedImage

“I know what I want but I know it's been a while
I've been practicing palaties everyday
boy I want you to stretch me out
it's game night boy
pull up to the aracde boy
time to show off your skills boy
I want you to stretch me out

boy this pussy don't need a cheat code
so why you being a sore loser for
Boy this pussy anesthesia
once you hit; hasta la vista (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Taste so good don't mistake it as food
call me little red riding - repping for my - hood
one bad bitch but yet so misunderstood
it's game night boy
Pop the hood up boy and blow my engine boy (Room - Room)
heard you like your chocolate belgian boy (bloop)
I ain't riding bicycles,
I'm riding motorcycles (We grown)
so put that joystick in overdrive
watch me ride like we only got tonight to stay alive”

That’s all we’ve got for you today, hope you all enjoyed the first episode of “The Culture” with ya girl Morales. Keeping you up with the latest news in RnB and Hip-Hop and dropping the very hottest tracks in the game right now. You know the summer is about to go off with brand new releases, so keep an eye out for future episode for your fix of “The Culture.” Until the next time, keep it at one hundred, get yours and live ya life. Peace out!
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/07/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 23/07/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 23/07/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 23/07/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/07/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 23/07/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/07/2021(UTC), kandii on 29/09/2021(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2021 04:24:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Karma: I am in disbelief! Thank you for showing so much love to my song! I love all of the songs featured on this segment so be put next to those amazing records is such a huge honor!

ooc: This was completely unexpected thank you so much ❤️ Enjoyed the read!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/07/2021(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2021 04:30:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
OOC: LOVED this! You always go all out with your writing. It's always well thought out with such attention to detail. Not only does this bring in a level of realism with the news, and the discussing and reviewing of new releases but it also brings a lot of inclusivity to the forum. It's great seeing people's hard work highlighted. Thank you for starting such a project. Can't wait for more!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline 2001clay  
#4 Posted : 25 July 2021 13:47:12(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3544 time(s) in 1268 post(s)
Liam Russell: Huge fan of The Culture & thanks for putting my song up rotation so big up to you guys

OCC: I Love it!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 25 July 2021 22:42:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Karma: I am in disbelief! Thank you for showing so much love to my song! I love all of the songs featured on this segment so be put next to those amazing records is such a huge honor!

ooc: This was completely unexpected thank you so much ❤️ Enjoyed the read!

Bada$$ Morales: Girl, I'm here to give props to the big hits right now and you done that shit wit "Joystick". That's all you mamacita. Stepping the fuck up and delivering fire. Nothin' but respect to you!

OOC: No problem, I enjoy highlighting peoples work and giving my own take on it. Plus it's a little more fun to write these sort of things rather than my own stuff sometimes! Hopefully there'll be plenty more to come!
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 25 July 2021 22:44:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: LOVED this! You always go all out with your writing. It's always well thought out with such attention to detail. Not only does this bring in a level of realism with the news, and the discussing and reviewing of new releases but it also brings a lot of inclusivity to the forum. It's great seeing people's hard work highlighted. Thank you for starting such a project. Can't wait for more!

OOC: Thank you! That was the aim, just to add extra layers to this place. Plus I love listening to opinion pieces and people dissecting the music that I enjoy and hearing different opinions and takes on things. I always enjoy writing them, so hopefully there'll be more future episodes!
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 25 July 2021 22:46:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Liam Russell: Huge fan of The Culture & thanks for putting my song up rotation so big up to you guys

OCC: I Love it!

Bada$$ Morales: Love your track my dude. New artists are always welcome and your shit was fire, so it had to be included on the list. Real smooth as fuck RnB jams, you know Morales can get on board with that vibe!

OOC: Thanks!!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/07/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 26 July 2021 23:29:20(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I really enjoyed this!!!! Thank you for creating things like this as it really gives more realism to the forum and it's just fun to read about other releases including my own releases with another persons take on it. Morales seems super dope and I hope we get more like this in the near future. Really appreciate all you do on the forum :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/07/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 14 August 2021 23:28:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I really enjoyed this!!!! Thank you for creating things like this as it really gives more realism to the forum and it's just fun to read about other releases including my own releases with another persons take on it. Morales seems super dope and I hope we get more like this in the near future. Really appreciate all you do on the forum :)

OOC: Thank you! I've always enjoyed doing these sorts of things, I like going in depth on the work and the background stuff to go with it. I like the idea of the character and where I can with it. Hopefully she can be around for a while and make her own name on here. But yeah, it's a lot of fun to write and hopefully there'll be many more episodes of this show. :)