logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

141 Pages«<133134135136137>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#2681 Posted : 15 November 2022 21:51:02(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
There was this sense in Ryan's youth where he felt things were very black and white. Perhaps it came from his lack of believing in any divine power or out of his own complexities of believing that every little thing in life was a cause-and-effect. While he was not going to be the first to attend church, in recent memory he had become open to the belief that perhaps there were events in life that occurred without any rhyme or reason and having faith in something made that easier to bare.

Instead of interjecting, Ryan lets his friend speak and share his side of the story. He had heard early on in his reconnection with Ellie about the tragedy that had transpired a few years earlier with Alfie's best friend. Never did he actually hear it from him until now. It was upsetting to know that someone so young could just vanish into nothing by someone else's reckless actions. Hearing Alfie speak about it really brought it all into focus as it was easy to tell that he was still shook up about the whole thing. "I'm sorry to hear about Thomas, man... I know how hard that can be to manage through." He sympathizes, giving him a quick squeeze on the shoulder. In turn he did have his own direct correlation in regards to losing a close friend; Eric Quillington, who passed away in early 2010 from a drug overdose after battling with the early stages of Huntington's disease. He was not going to rehash all of that right now. "Life is just not fucking fair sometimes."

The point that his friend made did ring true. Ryan did not have many true close friends throughout his life. He didn't trust people easily and once he made it in this industry, it was more difficult to know who genuinely cared and who just wanted something from him, so it was easier to keep things surface level. It was special when he could let his walls down and build a genuine friendship. However, no matter how much of a valid point Alfie made, Ryan was still damn prideful. "I know I should hear him out. I know that I have my own responsibility to try and salvage the friendship. It's not solely on him or me about how we got to this point... but here we are." Ryan sighed out and finished the remains of his Old Fashioned. "I don't know if things will ever be the same again." He quipped aloud. There was no way of knowing that unless he heard Joshua out and tried to work on repairing things, which he was clearly still on the fence about.

"Thanks for the advice, Alf. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I appreciate you sharing. I'm glad that at least have you as a friend these days." He states smiling warmly towards him before turning his phone over and checking if any new messages had come in.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2682 Posted : 16 November 2022 01:55:29(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
"Sometimes I wonder why it wasn't me, you know? Fucking klutz and I'm still walking around." Alfie is infamous for being extremely accident prone and getting into hairy situations. He's always got some sort of cut or bruise on his body and has broken more bones than he cares to remember. The death of Thomas was cruel in itself but the brutality of it was truly unwarranted. It would make more sense for Alfie to be the one to perish in a biking accident. "Death and loss and all that crap is heart breaking even when you see it coming, when you have time to prepare and shit. When it's right out of the blue? Bro, that's a different kind of devastation. Any chance you get to save something special and hold onto it for a little longer, take it, my man." He takes another swig of his drink, making a point of finishing it.

Alfie puts an arm around Ryan and shuffles a little closer, giving his friend's shoulder a supportive squeeze. "Bro, it's gonna be a while before Ethan picks me up. We can always knock a few more drinks back. Make the world a little prettier." Alfie laughs softly and lets go of Ryan but gives him a friendly pat on the back before scooting back over to his side of the booth. "He can drop you off at Ellie's. He's a fan, Ryan. He ain't gonna say no!" Alfie playfully smiles, hoping to lift Ryan's mood a little.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline PANIC!  
#2683 Posted : 16 November 2022 14:57:51(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

The heaviness of their conversation now was a change of pace for the two. They were both capable of holding a serious chat when the situation called for. Their nights out to catch up were typically not the space for that. Over drinks they spoke more causally and joked around in an airy environment. Ryan didn’t fear for his own death more than he did about the unexpected departure of someone in his life. Folks around him like Alfie, Joshua, Ellie, and many others, they were all meant to go many years after he’s gone from this earth if life goes the course that it’s suppose to. “Losing someone is fucking hell. It’s never good to go through it but doing so makes you appreciate the people in your life that much more.” He knew that talking with Joshua and being open to meeting up would be the first step in trying to salvage the friendship. “I’ll think about this whole thing with Joshua before I make any rash decisions.” He assured to Alfie and himself, knowing better than to respond on impulse.

Late nights for Ryan were rare as of late. When him and Ellie would have date nights out, they were so calculated to avoid the press or any curious eyes, that they would usually slip in and out of a place at just the right time. It felt a bit depersonalizing from the outside looking, yet it’s what they had to do to keep their relationship private. He wouldn’t have it any other way as he stepped into the quiet years of his life. Still it was nice to cut loose every now and then. “Sure, why not? I should keep an eye on you anyways. Can’t have you falling into some tits or abs or whatever it is you’re into these days.” He states teasingly with a smirk and nod. “I’ll take another Old Fashioned. Put it on my tab.”
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2684 Posted : 17 November 2022 01:27:01(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

The boys managed to pick the mood back up after a couple more rounds of drinks. Alfie, as usual, taps out earlier than Ryan and had to make his last one a Coke minus his beloved Jack. He isn't stupidly drunk but has clearly had a few beverages thrown down his neck. With a night of passion with his new boyfriend on the cards, Alfie has to sharpen up and get his head straight. The pair stand outside in the crisp November night air as they await Ethan to come pick them up. Alfie pops the tip of a cigarette into his mouth and mumbles before lighting it. "Don't tell Ellie." It's a bad habit that he's managed to hide from his sister ever since he was a teen. Alfie only ever smokes cigarettes when drunk or as an unhealthy substitute when he's out of or trying to lay off the weed. After taking a drag, he offers the lit cig out to Ryan. "Lady Nicotine helps you decompress." Not the wisest method of unwinding but Alfie's just doing what he can to help Ryan chill after that text message threw the night sideways.

A gust of wind followed by a light smattering of rain comes along to greet the guys. Alfie screws up his face and looks up at the night sky. "Yo, I can't wait to get into bed. Warm up. All that body heat and friction, you know? What's tonight got in store for you? Pipe, slippers and a hot cocoa?" Alfie teases Ryan with his signature mischievous grin.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2685 Posted : 17 November 2022 05:13:09(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan knew that if he were in a different setting or worse by himself he would have gotten way too into his own head falling the unexpected text message from Joshua. Hanging out with Alfie and kicking back a few more drinks made him, if only temporarily, unwind and not think about any hefty subjects. He was thankful to his friend for that. Now wearing a wool black overcoat over his suit he stood outside and kept his head down to not draw any attention to himself. "Fuck it, why not?" Ryan takes the lit cigarette that Alfie offers him and takes a quick drag. He was not one to smoke much, having even given up weed in recent years, although he did occasionally have a cigar with a stiff glass of scotch.

Returning the cig back to Alfie, he digs his hands back into his coat as the wind hits them. "A pipe? Do you think your sister and I live in a goddamn 1950s movie?" He scoffs with an eye roll and laugh. It was common for Alfie to take playful digs at his age all along and it was only likely to get worse as the years piled on. "So should I hound this dude about his intentions with you? Be a real asshole to 'em?" He taps Alfie on the shoulder and tilts his head, having no desire to do such a thing right now, however it was worth teasing him with the possibility.

After a few minutes of their banter outside, Ethan pulls up in a rented black car, not super luxurious but definitely a vehicle that wouldn't be an easy buy to an everyday Joe. After short proper introductions are done, Ryan slips into the backseat, not saying much as Alfie chatters on in the front seat with Ethan. It was nice to see him genuinely excited and happy about someone. He no longer felt a slight jealously when he saw others in loving relationships because now he had his own to cherish and grow. About a half hour of L.A. traffic later, he peers through the window to see home coming into view.

"Thanks for the ride, man. It was nice meeting you. Watch out for this one." He warns Ethan while giving Alfie a nudge with his elbow. "Call Ellie so she doesn't pester me about you, ok?" Ryan tells him sternly before stepping out the car and bidding his goodbyes to the pair. As much as he had a good time and enjoyed being social, he missed home, even if it wasn't a particular place for him and rather a person that felt like home.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2686 Posted : 17 November 2022 06:54:23(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Yo, remind Ellie to give my parents a glowing report card!" Alfie quips as Ryan exits the vehicle. As far as Patti and Gregory are concerned, Alfie is staying over with Ellie. The less they know about Alfie's drinking antics and the fact he's shacking up with a secret boyfriend, the better it'll be for everybody. Alfie's aware of just how much his big sister and her boyfriend are doing for him so he makes a conscious effort to pay them back. He doesn't have much money but he gives back anyway that he can whether that be cheering Ryan up with drinks or offering a ride home. Alfie waves Ryan off through the car window and over towards Ellie who is stood at the door in her black silk robe with Truffles in her arms. She makes the cat wave over at the boys and the feline doesn't look too pleased.

"Coffee?" Ellie asks with a soft giggle, knowing that Alfie probably put Ryan through his paces tonight. No such thing as a quiet drink with Alfie. Even if the alcohol consumption is minimum, the non-stop chatter can be overwhelming. She gives Ryan a kiss on the cheek and closes the door as the boys drive off. "You have a good time, honey?" Ellie puts Truffles down on the floor and makes her way to the kitchen as the cat immediately scatters back upstairs.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2687 Posted : 17 November 2022 13:18:02(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

For the first time in his life comfort and stability in a relationship was what he desired. Luckily he had that perfectly with Ellie. After so many years spent growing bored with girls and moving on to the next pretty thing, he was firmly set on making this work. For as often as he has been coined a forever-bachelor, he always knew if one day he got married it was going to be a one-time thing and he was not going to lower the high standard he had in whoever that woman was going to be. Ellie may just be that person for him and he knew was valuable that was.

Ryan’s alcohol tolerance was fairly high. It took a lot of drinks for him to not be in control of his actions. It’s how his personality was as he got older; careful, tactful, self-aware. “Yeah, it was fun. You know how Alf is. I got a few words in.” He removed his coat and sneakers near the entrance, soon following Ellie towards the kitchen as he sees Truffles hurry up the stairs. “How was your night in, babe? Were you up to something crazy?” He joked, knowing that she was rarely one to be considered a wild child, especially out of the Summers’ family.

Ryan removes his suit blazer and hangs it on a nearby stool, leaning against the kitchen counter and watching Ellie. “I did miss you though.” He states softly, smirking in her direction. It really had only been a few hours that they were apart but for a couple that over the last close to 2 years have been tied at the hip most days, any sort of distance was felt.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2688 Posted : 18 November 2022 07:37:21(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

This was always what Ellie strived for with Ryan. Of course, bigger events like a wedding and children are absolute dreams for Ellie but what she yearned for most over the last 10 or so years was some sort of stability. If not for herself, for Ryan's sake. She was always aware of the lone wolf, eternal bachelor vibes that he radiated but she knew that deep down, he needed and deserved a stable relationship. Safety. Security. Undying love. Someone to offer you a hot drink on a cold November night and ask about your day. "I missed you too, baby. I tried my hardest to stay away from the phone." Ellie grins, well aware that she's quite fond of sending a text message or 45 to make sure everyone's doing well.

Ellie sorts out the coffee which was already brewing before Ryan even made his return, always preparing for her man and any houseguest in general. She loves being hostess. "Me? I had a glass of wine and watched Friends. It was a wild night." Ellie giggles and prepares their mugs of coffee, continuing to chatter away as she carefully pours. "And what about you two? Do I even want to know?" Ellie raises an eyebrow and hands Ryan his mug, aware that a night with the boys is far different than a night with the girls...especially when Alfie's involved.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2689 Posted : 18 November 2022 09:33:07(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

The demise of their relationship the first go around had plenty of factors. The outside noise, the different stages they were at in life at that point, the rearing ugliness of failure. Ultimately it came down to Ryan becoming scared of things getting to real and assuming that running away was better than bringing her a greater disappointment down the line. He tried his best these days to eliminate all those past what-if’s and invest himself entirely into the fresh stage their romance was at now some near 2 years into their reset. “Eh, you should have. I could have given you a play by play..” He smiled softly. What he would have perceived as clinginess when he was a young man, now seen as thoughtfulness.

“Thanks, babe.” He welcomes the warm mug into his hand of black coffee, blowing on it to cool it down. “God, you must know every line of that damn show.” Ryan shakes his head and chuckles, having likely guessed that her night-in by herself would consist of her watching Friends. “No, it was good. Alfie wasn’t too spacey today.” He finally takes a sip from the mug, the coffee instantly warming up his insides as it goes down.

“He talked to me about his best friend Thomas… what happened to him a few years ago. Hearing Alf talk about that was new territory I hadn’t seen him ever open up about.” He did not slip into yet on what exactly brought up the subject matter to begin with, however he knew there was time to get to that. “Last time I saw him that upset was when I met up with him after we got together and he punc…. pounded on me with questions. You know, the whole tough brother thing defending his sister.” Ryan takes another drink of coffee, hoping that his near blunder of words wasn’t something Ellie would hang onto. Alfie punching him when they first saw each other last year after 8 years or so was one of the secrets Ryan held onto for his sake.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2690 Posted : 18 November 2022 10:07:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I like an update but I think I'd pass on a play by play account. I can only imagine some of the conversational topics." Ellie laughs softly and blows on her coffee. She's well aware of Alfie's foul mouth on a day to day basis let alone when he's drinking and in the comfort of another male friend. She can live without hearing certain talk coming from her baby brother. Still, she's happy that Alfie has a positive male figure in his life these days and absolutely elated that the pair both willingly get along and spend time together even without her presence. Family and friendships are important to Ellie.

"Only dating you because 'Ross' is in your name and we all know I'm Rachel." Ellie playfully teases Ryan and takes a very small sip of her coffee, still finding it a little too hot. She's about to move out of the kitchen and head towards the front room but stops in her tracks at the mention of Thomas. It's definitely not a name she expected to hear, especially with how closed off Alfie has been about the situation. That boy is usually an open book but that situation was something he never brought up. "Thomas? How did that conversation go?" Ellie places her mug down on the island counter and pulls out a stool, perching delicately on it.

Ellie listens to Ryan recall the story of when Alfie was last upset. She was aware that it was quite an intense night but is still unaware of the physical altercation. Thankfully, she doesn't pick up on the slip. "He's a sensitive soul. Don't tell him I said that though." Ellie snickers and blows on her coffee, smiling across at Ryan. After taking another sip, she turns her focus back towards Ryan and his personal experience of tonight. "It wasn't a heavy night, was it? I know there's nothing worse than feelings just coming out of left field."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2691 Posted : 18 November 2022 21:37:43(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Yeah, I'm sorry again about that like 8 or 9 year break we took there." Ryan playfully remarks after her comment about him being the Ross to her Rachel. Their whirlwind timeline to get here not too dissimilar. He rests his hands on the island counter, still standing beside it as they continued their conversation. "It went well... I guess about as well as a conversation like that can go. He just kind of went through his thought process at the time as well as how he has coped with it all." He explained before pausing for a moment to take another drink of coffee from his mug.

Ryan lightly tapped his thumbs against the mug for a moment, stopping and looking over at Ellie after a hush of silence between them. "I received a text tonight from Grimmie." Ryan said point-blank, knowing there was no reason to sidestep around the subject any longer. Even if he had been short about his feelings regarding Joshua and everything that happened over 18 months ago, Ellie was the only one who had a glimpse into his underlying thoughts about this situation and all others he's dealt with since then. "He acknowledged the distance between us. He wants to meet up and have us try to sort things out."

Instead of continuing on, he digs his phone out of his pocket, unlocking it and placing it in front of her on the counter so she can see the full scope. Aside from the small secrets shared by Alfie that he kept to himself mostly for Ellie's peace of mind, there was really nothing that he kept hidden from her. "I think that's why Alf opted to open up. He came back and I probably looked as white as a ghost after reading that message." He forces out a chuckle and tosses his hair back once he feels a few strands make it onto his forehead.

"I don't know what to do, babe..." He sighs out quietly. For as much as Ryan was calculated and wise about his moves, he didn't know what to do here. Maybe the answer was clear to everyone but him.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2692 Posted : 19 November 2022 09:17:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Joshua?!" Ellie widens her eyes and immediately grows concerned. Although on great terms with Joshua herself, she's well aware of how Ryan feels about him and their situation. Even though she's not aware of every single little detail, she has a good enough grasp of everything to know that this is quite a weighty subject. "Well, at least he reached out and acknowledged that there's been some sort of disconnect. That's gotta be a good start. Both of you somewhat on the same level." Ellie tries to give the scenario as much of a positive spin as she can without telling or forcing Ryan to do anything. While she wants nothing more than for two of her favourite people to patch things up, she's not stupid. Ellie's aware that it's not that simple. You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

Ellie carefully scoots her mug of coffee to the side as she takes hold of Ryan's phone and reads the message for herself. "Yeah, I can see why Alfie opened up like that. He wants you to save a friendship before it's entirely too late, right?" Ellie briefly glances up from the phone to meet Ryan's eyes. She can totally understand her brother's train of thought but is also sensitive to Ryan's feelings. This is more than two friends falling out with each other. This was a literal life or death situation at one point. There's all sorts of mental and emotional scarring plastered over all involved parties. It won't be solved with a pat on the back. Things are probably going to get ugly and emotional.

When Ryan states that he doesn't know what to do about this situation, Ellie takes a small sip of coffee and tries to get collect her thoughts as best she can. "I'd want nothing more than for you two to get along again. The way you two talked shop and just clicked...I loved seeing that. I loved witnessing such a genuine friendship in the industry. I've spoken to him several times and he's in such a better place. I love Joshua." Ellie then leans across the counter and holds a hand out for Ryan. "But I love you more. If you really aren't ready right now then tell him that. Hell, I'll even tell him myself if you don't want to communicate with him. I don't want you putting yourself through something just to make others happy. It's how you feel that's important." Ellie stands up and puts her arms around Ryan, pulling him in for a loving but gentle hug.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2693 Posted : 19 November 2022 14:29:52(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

It was likely long overdue that the two had some sort of contact with each other. Ryan was too prideful and in his own feelings to be the one to make the first move. He knew that it made him seem like a bad friend to just avoid someone for this long but given how everything happened, he was unsure how to best approach things. “Do you think I’m the bad guy here? Should I have done more? I mean, he told me he was using and I encouraged him to get on stage… what the fuck?” He questions aloud for the first time. These were all thoughts he had but never spoke aloud. As smooth and confident as he carried himself, there were parts to him that were fragile and needed reassurance from having been painted as the villain so often.

The last thing Ryan ever wanted to do was put Ellie in a position where she had to make some sort of compromise or choice when he knew how deeply she cared about Joshua. He would never try to discredit her from being close to him. The two of them along with Layla were the ones that experienced that god awful morning and the weeks after waiting to see if their friend was going to survive or not, all from beginning to end. If it weren’t for Ellie dragging him away, he would have stayed by his friend until he woke up regardless of what it did to his mental and physical health. Those were the layers that only a few people ever saw, so it was easy to brand him as selfish and uncaring from the outside because of how he’s handled things now.

Ryan knows that Ellie is right with what she’s saying about his friendship with Joshua. For how protective Ryan was in everything he did, having genuine connections like that were rare and far between. Maybe he would have been more active in reaching out if he wasn’t getting the regular updates from Ellie throughout their mutual friend’s recovery. “Thank you, honey. I love you.” He welcomed her hug and kissed her forehead. Her voice, her touch, her scent, her presence, all brought him a sense of love and comfort that was unbeknown to him otherwise.

“I had nightmares for months after all of that in London,” he says calmly when their hug ends, looking down at the remaining coffee still sitting in his mug. “I honestly don’t know what would have happened if I didn’t have you with me in the aftermath of it all. Some nights I would jolt awake and see you sleeping right there beside me and everything felt fine again.” Ryan explained still keeping his gaze down. He tried his best to always make her feel equally loved and appreciated but it seemed quite minimal compared to everything she’d done for him without even noticing.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2694 Posted : 19 November 2022 15:18:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Ryan, you're no expert. You're no sober coach. Nobody expects you to have the answers. You did what you thought was best for him." Ellie begins, trying her best to reassure Ryan while gently stroking his arm. She knows that no words can suddenly undo 18 months of guilt and other intense emotions but it's a start. More than anything in the world, Ellie wants Ryan to be happy. He deserves happiness. She doesn't like that he sees himself a villain. It's bad enough when the media spins that narrative let alone having it come from Ryan himself. "You are NOT the bad guy, OK? You were thrown into such a heavy situation right in the deep end." Ellie continues to rub Ryan's arm and gently rests her head on his shoulder, doing all that she can to comfort him. "I love you too, honey." Her muffled voice softly vibrates against Ryan's neck.

She listens carefully as Ryan goes into further detail about the sleepless nights and bad dreams. As soon as Ellie hears that, she immediately clutches him tighter. "I can't even begin to imagine what went on in your head. I...I had quite a few rough nights with the images of seeing him in that coma. It must have been absolutely awful for you, baby." Joshua laying there motionless with all sorts of tubes in his mouth, drips in his arms and all sorts of beeping machinery around him was frightening enough but he actually looked a lot healthier then compared to when Ryan found him. Joshua was face down on a hotel carpet, in his underwear and practically a shade of blue with the thinnest pulse imaginable when Ryan saved the day. A truly horrific scene and mere minutes away from being another fatal pop star tragedy that'd no doubt be glamourized in magazines and movies for decades to come. It's not something that can easily be shaken off.

"Maybe...maybe with the FCAs coming up again, he's really feeling some sort of way? Maybe a little fragile? Maybe really reflective? I don't know, I can't speak for him. All I know is that he's reaching out and still wanting to be friends. I know it isn't a simple topic but once you overcome all the obstacles, that's what it's all boiling down to: wanting to make amends." Ellie looks into Ryan's eyes and smiles, taking hold of his hand and bringing it up to meet her lips so that she can place a tender kiss on it. "Would be rich to say "don't worry about it". I know that. Basically, though, what I'm trying to say is that there's no malice or ill-intent in that message he sent. That's one thing to take away from it and may make you sleep a little easier. It's tricky, it's messy...but he's wanting a positive outcome. That's something, right?"

UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2695 Posted : 19 November 2022 21:48:32(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan had a bad habit of wanting to be everything at once for everyone around him. It caused him to feel disassociated in the past because he had nothing left for himself when it was all said and done. He forgot at times that no matter how much of an information sponge he could be, he was never going to be an expert at everything and carrying any guilt for past mistakes were not going to do any favors. “I know… you’re right. It’s just fucking messy in here sometimes.” He says motioning to his head with his hands and exhausting out a small laugh. If there was one trait that he did not lack in was self-awareness.

At the mention of Ellie’s own troubles after Joshua’s overdose, Ryan is reminded at another aspect of what made this whole situation so intensely emotional and personal for him. He had to see the person he loves most in this world suffer and go through unimaginable pain seeing one of her dear close friends in a terrifying state. The memory of Ellie clutching onto him in a hospital corridor and crying in his arms when she could no longer manage was present in his mind to this day. He never wanted to see her that hurt and vulnerable again. “We all had it difficult then. We were all trying to be there and stay upright for one another. It was survival for Joshua and us. I’m glad we all made it through that. He’s doing better. We have each other.” He tried to spin it into the positives of what have come about over the last 18 months. Also a way to slip past having to open up further about that morning where he thought his best friend was dead and he was the one finding him. It was too heavy to discuss right now.

The FCAs were such a rollercoaster of emotions last time around. From the highs of the couple introducing their collaborative project to the world and having a rather intense celebration that same night in their hotel room to the lows of everything that transpired with Joshua afterwards. It left a sour taste in his mouth. Ryan nodded his head as he listened to his girlfriend. She was right. Regardless of how hard headed he can be, he had to acknowledge that Grimmie was not reaching out with any true hostility. “It is something. I recognize that he could have reached out in a different tone or with a different approach. I just need some time to sort my own thoughts out.” Ryan was thankful to have a support system in Ellie that allowed him to go about issues in his own pace without having to rush through.

“Of course I wish that our friendship could go back to what it was. I loved that kid. I saw a lot of myself in him. I don’t know if it’s realistic to expect everything to go back to that.” He had his doubts that their hefty conversation could create certain ripples that would affect the future of their friendship. “I still remember two years ago he was the first person that knew you and I started working together. He was sitting on my couch with a derpy smile when I was asking him about your relationship status and told him that I had a renewed crush on you.” He reminisced chuckling, knowing that not having Joshua around meant that he was missing that rock solid friendship where he could talk to them about everything.

“Maybe after the album is out, after the holidays are over… I can meet up with him and we can talk things out.” He mentioned while giving Ellie’s hand a gentle squeeze. He knew there was only a short window he had opened at the start of the year before the pair had to tackle an album release and world tour.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2696 Posted : 20 November 2022 04:55:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

When Ryan mentions that they all had it tough, Ellie nods along in agreement and gently rests her lower back against the counter. "And think about Layla as well. She's had to be real tough throughout this. We have each other. She's in Miami on her own." Layla was also involved that night and was instrumental in tracking Joshua down. Not only is Joshua a dear friend of Layla's, but an ex-boyfriend. Despite being relatively quiet about her struggles, Layla has also had a hellish time. "That's not to diminish how you feel, babe. Just trying to remind you that we're all still aching and healing. You're not alone. Maybe you'll find some weird comfort in that." Ellie lets out a very soft giggle, knowing it's a bizarre train of thought to take solace in other people's trauma.

Ellie gives a small, forced and saddened smile as Ryan theorises that his relationship with Joshua may never fully return to how it was in the glory days. It's an upsetting thought but one that's highly possible. While she has somewhat managed to regain her close friendship with Joshua, she's well aware that it's different for Ryan. He endured a far more traumatic experience. Not to mention the bond between two male friends differs to the one Ellie had with Joshua. "I don't think the pair of you will be getting naked on Instagram Live anytime soon, I know that. I'm actually grateful for that." Ellie teases, trying her best to gradually lighten the mood. "But it's like anything in life, you never know. You can speculate how your conversation and friendship will go but that's not to say the scenario in your head is how it'll play out. I bet you weren't thinking you'd be in this situation two years ago either. Just...take baby steps, OK?" Ellie smiles warmly at Ryan and gives his arm another reassuring stroke, trying her best to say the right thing without implanting too much false hope into Ryan's head.

"Baby steps, like I said. That's the key." Ellie pauses to reach back over for her mug and take a much needed gulp of caffeine. She's not all that happy with what she's about to tell Ryan but it has to be said. It's a tricky situation and she wants him to be as best prepared as he can. "I think it's wise to wait a while. You have to get your head straight but also...babe, you're gonna have to be prepared to listen to what he has to say. You had your terrible experience and I totally understand that. I was part of it. But Joshua? The boy nearly died. He's going to have a real gnarly story to tell and you have to make sure you're ready for that." Ellie doesn't want Ryan to underestimate how dark the conversation with Joshua may potentially go, not wanting her boyfriend to have another setback and be triggered by such an intense interaction.

"And I remember him asking me some questions about you back then too. Never knew Cupid was a big tall guy from New Jersey who couldn't pronounce his Rs properly." Ellie giggles lightly and gives Ryan's hand a squeeze, again trying to lift things up so that the conversation doesn't spiral into anything too upsetting.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2697 Posted : 20 November 2022 08:29:35(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan knew that his younger years and the reputation he formed then branded him as a pretty selfish individual. He was not always the most careful or tactful person when it came to the feelings of others and that went beyond just friendships and relationships. Ellie, unfortunately, experienced that some 10 years ago herself. He tried his best nowadays to be a better person than his past were to say, however that didn’t make him perfect and he knew that being caught up in his own pain could make others fall through the cracks. “I know. I remember seeing Layla that morning. That girl was terrified.” The three were always going to be tied together from the memories of that morning where their friend was nearly dead in a hotel room. “We should go visit Layla soon.” He gives Ellie a warm smile. While his closeness with Layla started developing around the same time he was reconnecting with Ellie, he knew the two had been long time friends for years prior. Plus, if it was in the pursuit to make the woman he loves happy, there’s not much he wouldn’t do to accomplish that.

“Baby steps… baby steps.” He repeats after Ellie to have it inked into his brain. It was the only way to move forward with this traumatic experience that he tried to ignore and bury deep down over the last 18 months. When she speaks about their young friend’s own experience and trauma through what he had to deal with, it was a whole new can of worms that he perhaps had not thought of throughly. It didn’t downgrade his own feelings as Ellie reassured him but it sure as hell make things more complicated for the pair. “Yeah, I know I have to take that into account.” Ryan said, soon followed by a defeated sigh. The heaviness of their conversation, whenever it occurred, was going to be intense and hurtful for both sides. For someone who ran from his problems for so many years, he was unsure how he’d react when he had sit down and hear Joshua’s story.

“I don’t do well with opening up if it’s not within the confides of a studio or on stage. I rather go through the fire alone than have someone try to pull me out because it’s easier at the time. I’ve gotten better about it as I get older but… it’s not easy for me.” Ryan pauses to take a sip of coffee. He didn’t want the conversation to become bleak, however Ellie was the only person in his life that he felt he could be completely open and honest with, so sharing his train of thought was easy to do in her presence. “I love my life right now. I have you, the love of my life. I have a solid group of friends who I care greatly about. We’re making the best music of our lives together. We’re building this beautiful life together. I don’t want to disturb or rattle it.”

Ryan had this reoccurring fear that everything he held dearly was one day going to abandon him at the drop of a feather. That came from scars buried inside of him since his childhood. It made him extremely aware of how difficult it was to love him and how delicate he was about people leaving him. So it was easier to be the one to go to save his own heart, as selfish as it sounded. “I’m going to go into it with as clear-minded as I can. I just need time to find a balance between sharing my own feelings and hearing me out to not be just blindly angry or too fearful of his state of my mind to be honest.” Ryan traces his fingers over her hand as it rests above his, letting things go quiet for a moment.

“Whatever happens… I don’t want it to affect us. Hell, I think even Grimmie would agree with that. He loved the idea of us getting back together from day one.” He forces a chuckle, attempting to look past himself and see that a negative outcome could possibly cause a blowback to those around them. Which put Ellie-Grace in the most negative position out of all.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2698 Posted : 20 November 2022 09:31:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Ellie, Layla and Joshua were close friends well before Ryan came back onto the scene. When she was single and going through her own personal and professional lows, those two were always there by her side. Ellie vowed not to be the type of person who would ditch her friends after falling in love. Her attempts at integrating everyone she cares about in her life have been highly successful. While she understands the weight of this dark situation, Ellie has made a continuous effort to keep in contact with everybody. "Yeah, we should go see her. I was thinking about a little visit before Christmas." Ellie takes the final sips of her coffee before a thought abruptly enters her mind. "Oscar's party! We can see her there this weekend. That's if...if you're still up for it. Don't worry, Joshua won't be there. He's avoiding parties and gatherings for the foreseeable." Ellie offers a supportive smile, knowing that there's a high chance Ryan's not in a party mood. There's also the looming subject of a specific member of Weekend but she doesn't bring it up.

"You don't have to remind me that you prefer going it alone. I waited damn near a decade for you to walk through that fire." Ellie smirks, playfully teasing him. She can joke about their time apart now as she believes they are well and truly beyond it, even if Ryan himself worries that it will be over in the blink of an eye. Ellie's not going to let that happen. "And I love you too. Your friends love you. Alfie practically worships the ground you walk on. I know it's difficult to adapt to a knew way of life. It's hard to fight your natural self-preservation instincts but just know that we are all here for you. How many times have you listened to Alfie's problems? Joshua? People lean on you so you can definitely lean on us." Ellie moves back in towards Ryan and gives her boyfriend a tight cuddle, squeezing him as hard as she can muster with the little strength that she has. "Maybe don't lean on Jeanette." Ellie giggles softly against Ryan.

After the warm embrace, she gently breaks away and places a hand upon Ryan's chest. "You're right. Clear-minded is the way. See, you're saying all the right things. Things you probably weren't thinking of when you were caught off guard in the bar. You just need a moment to collect yourself and think. That's all you have to do. Take your time. Breathe. It'll fall into place and come to you." Ellie smiles and takes hold of her empty mug, moving towards the sink as she continues talking. Despite having a dishwasher at her disposal, Ellie much prefers the old-fashioned country way of doing it by hand. "Is there anything you want me to say to him? I could just tell him that you need more time or whatever."

Ellie makes her way back towards her boyfriend after cleaning the mug and purses her lips, placing her hands on her hips in the process. "The only thing that will ever affect us is if you make a disparaging remark about my throw pillows. I know you're too smart to ever let that happen."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2699 Posted : 21 November 2022 09:32:14(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan had forgotten about the invitation to Oscar’s birthday party in the heat of all these flooded thoughts and emotions that came about thanks to Joshua’s text earlier tonight. Oscar was someone who he had grown close to over the last handful of months. He was thankful that as he got older, he was able to build these connections and friendships that would hopefully stand the test of time when all was said and done. "No, we should go. I’m looking forward to it. It’ll be a nice distraction from everything and probably good to see some of our friends." He smiled at her, knowing all too well that she loved to be present for those she cared for, never wanting to get in the way of that. The massive elephant in the room regarding another Weekend member was in all regards even more of an incoming storm than the looming conversation with Grimmie would be.

It was a constant battle within to remind himself that he had people around him who truly loved him. He did not have to take everything on by himself anymore and deep down that was a huge relief. There was no support greater to have than that of Ellie who was the sensible steady rock he needed in his life. "You're right. I shouldn't lone wolf it anymore with my life these days. I'm thankful for who I have around me." Ryan welcomed her cuddle, wrapping his own arms around her and holding her close. "If I can get, like a handshake from Jeanette, I'll take it as a win." He chuckles, knowing just how particular the eldest of the Summers' siblings was.

Sipping on the remains of his coffee, he ponders on Ellie's question for a minute. He knows that he isn't in a place right now where he should approach Joshua yet with a definite response or agreement on when they should meet. He needed to organize his thoughts and find a time where he could go into it as calm as possible. "Tell him that I'll get back to him about meeting up, but I just need some more to figure things out myself. I don't want him to think that I am just ignoring his message." He was thankful that Ellie could be the one to deliver the response rather than having to do it himself and possibly act hasty. "Thank you, darling."

Ryan laughs and cups her face in his hands, leaning down to give her a quick kiss on the lips when returns to stand before him. "I would never dare disrespect your throw pillows. I'm not trying to be a dead man walking here." He teases. Walking over to the sink, he too washes out his empty mug by hand. It was a habit that he had gotten from his girlfriend in the time they've lived together. "I do have to come back to town shortly after Thanksgiving to do some promo for Late Fragment. You can stick around longer in Nashville, if you like." He explains while cleaning up his mug and setting it to the side to dry. He loved having her on his side as much as he could, but never did he want to keep her from spending time with her family because they all were so important to her.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2700 Posted : 25 March 2023 13:59:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Welcome to where the magic happens!" Oscar stands up and greets Ryan with a handshake and swift pat on the back as his friend enters the studio where he and Riley are currently working. Both are dressed in very casual attire, with Oscar in a pair of jeans and a short-sleeved green and white thick striped tee, and Riley in a matching black hoodie and sweat shorts combo. It's evidently not a day for press or red carpets. The vibe in the room and entire building is also rather laid back and casual. The studios are sparse with people and parked cars. Oscar and Riley also appeared to just be tinkering around when Ryan arrived, both just nonchalantly leaning over a singular laptop. Rather than an all hands on deck situation, this is clearly just a leisurely day for tying up loose ends and such.

"How are you doing?" Oscar asks in his very polite, eloquent Queen's English accent as he gives a friendly smile. "I hope it wasn't too much of a struggle to find us. It's all a bit of a maze, really!". The Pesky Studios building is rather well hidden off the beaten track and then the actual architecture of the place leaves a lot to be desired too. So many twisting, turning corridors and poor signage.

With the squeak of a chair, Riley gets up from the laptop and gives Ryan a very firm handshake and incredibly warm smile. "You good, mate?". Riley's deep, gruff voice practically makes the floorboards vibrate when he speaks. The mere difference in Riley's Northern English drawl against Oscar's Southern manner is just one of many examples of how Weekend are such a diverse bunch. Oscar enunciates every letter and syllable within a word, with a particular focus on extended vowel sounds. All of those things are optional to Riley. "Can I get you anything, my man?"

"Oh so you play host when Dustyn's not here? Good to know. I'll take a tea if you're offering." Oscar smirks and teases, being met with a sarcastic middle finger from Riley in the process.
UserPostedImage