logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 06 August 2023 16:33:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8587 time(s) in 2690 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Judgement Day”
Artist(s): Jadyn Ghalen
Release Date: August 6, 2023
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 7” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB
Length: 4:49
Label: Tric-Jam Records / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Writer(s): Jadyn Ghalen
Producer(s): Jadyn Ghalen, DeAndre Patton

“Judgement Day” is the third official solo single from American rapper and hip-hop artist ‘Jadyn Ghalen’, better known from his pseudonym ‘Boa’ as a member of the hip-hop trio ‘Orion’. The latest single continues the promotional build towards the anticipated release of his upcoming debut solo E.P the ‘Mentality Monster E.P’ which is expected to be released imminently. It follows hot on the heels of previous singles “Mentality Monster” and “Euphoria” which were released in April and May respectively, both of which peaking at number one on the singles charts and seeing his stature as a recording artist and major player within the music industry grow beyond his ‘Orion’ bandmates. It’s expected that the release of this single and the accompanying E.P will signal the conclusion of his solo plans at this point, although rumours continue to circulate that he’s likely to be featured on various tracks for other artists throughout the rest of the year, but with ‘Orion’ recently returning to the stage as a trio on the latest leg of the Rum and Coke world tour and plans for them to re-convene in the recording studio towards the end of the year, it looks like Jadyn will either shift focus to the group or attempt to juggle both roles as the year progresses. Jadyn has stated regularly that his decision to release solo work was his way of using his own time during the planned break that all members of ‘Orion’ mutually agreed to take after their successful debut album run.

With his latest effort, we continue to see various different layers to his work from his confident and cocky nature “Mentality Monster”, a softer romantic side “Euphoria” and now to the feeling of pressure and judgement along with defiance “Judgement Day”, all of which combined showcase the range of an artist that was often looked at as one-dimensional during his breakthrough period in ‘Orion’. On “Judgement Day” we see him use more traditional musical elements, shifting away from computer generated music as he allows his composition team to play live in the studio on the instruments that they’re skilled at, previously preferring to have them craft the backing music using computer software. The music is highlighted via three major instruments, the piano which opens the song and brings focus during it’s chorus, and the drum and guitar combination which give the track the required aggression needed throughout Jadyn’s verses within the song. This enhances the song, giving it a much more real and urgent feeling in comparison to the previous singles.
As well as the musicians playing on the track alongside Jadyn, he has also enlisted the vocals of pop and RnB singer Fatima Amari, the Dubai born singer is known as one of the future stars in the industry, having released a couple of successful singles and although not included as an officially featured artist on the track, is the one that lends her vocal abilities to the songs chorus. A tactic that Jadyn likes to employ when his tracks need a singer, most notably Jadyn’s friendship with Marina Balan led to the vocalist lending her voice to a couple of songs from the ‘Orion’ debut album, leading the singer to be considered the unofficial fourth member of the group by their fanbase. It’s thought that the relationship between Jadyn and Marina remains strong, but it’s likely that he would have wanted a slightly different vocal style with this track requiring more of traditional anthemic ballad type of vocal. That and for further separation from ‘Orion’ comparisons would have likely played it’s part in the decision to call upon Fatima Amari for the track.

Fatima recently spoke on her Instagram live about a number of upcoming things, which included the track, how she came to meet Jadyn and the rest of ‘Orion; and how she connected with Jadyn over the song and the overall process of becoming part of the record;

Fatima wrote:
“On August 25 I was in Atlanta to record a song and was done by I think it was 12pm cause it was quick and the song already finished and due to wanted to see Rum & Coke gig. I honestly didn't know I was gonna meet Orion cause I was a huge fan of them but I got really shy to meet them cause then I cry and be embarrassed. So luckily I got a backstage pass and I was originally gonna go to the lounge to chill before I go to my seat but however Orion’s management saw me walking toward the lounge and they said "Fatima do you have some time to meet Orion" and I'm like yeah of course but really I was lucky to be arrive in early time and I was greet but I did notice myself that I’mma bout to cry but I was like pull it together and I made it. So I met them in person like it wasn't my first time and they were cool like I hang with the boys and Jadyn is like so down to earth you know what I mean? He and I talk for few more minute before I left and before I was leaving I gave him my number and say call me if you need me to do collab then after that I enjoy their shows and get on with life really.

I didn't know Jadyn was gonna call me but I answered *giggle* and then he ask me if I could come to his location to do collaboration which I scream on the phone over the excited but I think he get the memo that I'll do it. I flew off to location he was recording and I was over the moon like I haven’t collab since Sophia & Chanel remix when I was newbie at the time so this time it was major for me like it was one of my biggest break cause really when I was doing Sophia Delaney collab as remix I honestly didn't like it cause her team wanted me to rap which I was uncomfortable but it like I needed to be on Sophia track and it was money grab like they allow Chanel to do her own thing in her verse but not me. Also, Sophia has to write rap verse for me cause she know I don't rap unless I was interested which I don't but now I finna collab with Jadyn is like do whatever you want me to do like I don't bloody frickin care. He played the song for me and I was like oh my god like I was speechless cause this song was amazing and I was like yes. Working with Jadyn is fucking amazing really and we just have that great vibe to it and I was like thank god I'm in this track cause it'll be such a shame if I say no but I’m glad I say yes and do it … forgot to mention he brought me a caramel iced coffee the day I came to his studio!”

In a recent interview, Jadyn spoke about the upcoming E.P during a promotional run as well as the latest single and how bringing Fatima onto the song came about.

Jadyn wrote:
”I met Fatima probably around a year ago in Atlanta during the Rum and Coke tour with ‘Orion’. We knew she was going to be at the gig, she was hanging in the VIP lounge and our management brought her over to meet us. She was coming off the back of her track “Busy” earlier in the year which I thought was a fuckin’ smash, so there was a lot of buzz around her name at the time about what she’s gonna do next and shit. She came over and met with the group and they left to do their own thing, I sorta hung around a little and we chatted for a while. I liked her energy, she was excitable and talkative and I felt like I could vibe with her a little, obviously it helped that she’s like this beautiful Dubai looking princess too, I ain’t playin’. I liked how she sung on “Busy”, it was a sultry RnB sorta pop vibe but you could hear the power in her voice, I knew we weren’t gonna be in the studio for a while as ‘Orion’, but we talked music and she spoke about some of the things she had planned for the rest of the year, we ended the conversation and she gave me her number and basically said to hit her up if I had anything for her. I respect that she put herself out there and was willing to make things happen.

After we finished up the US leg of the tour, we knew we were gonna be taking a break from the group. Jamal went back home and Aubrey’s pussy put Brayton into mini retirement *laughs*. I knew I was gonna be working on some stuff, not sure what it was going to lead to but I was fully into work mode and studio time, I surrounded myself with the people that would push me and motivate me to get my own solo stuff up and running. I had a couple of tracks that I thought would need a female vocalist and I was already hanging with Marina at the time but she wasn’t vibing on the chorus of this track. I hit Fatima up and got the label to fly her out to California for a couple of days to work on a couple of different versions of the track, we hung out a few times outside of the studio and vibed pretty well. We’ve been sitting on this track for a few months now, but it felt like the right time to put it out ahead of the E.P release. We’re actually both on tour together, supporting Rum and Coke, so the timing has worked out pretty well. We’ll definitely find a way to get the song into the ‘Orion’ set.”

The track was written by Jadyn Ghalen and produced by Jadyn Ghalen and DeAndre Patton. The track was recorded at Studio60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California which has served as the location for the entire upcoming “Mentality Monster E.P” as well as all previous releases from ‘Orion’. The single will be released on 6 August, 2023 through Tric-Jam Records and Dahlhouse Entertainment, available via Digital Download, Worldwide Streaming, Weekly Airplay, 7” Single and as a CD Single.

Song Description;

The song begins with its chorus, sung in a powerful church-like soul delivery from Fatima Amari, initially acapella during the first two lines before the sound of a piano adds a little moody aesthetic to the song as the vocal delivery and lyrical content set the tone for the track as Fatima sings, “We will remain/Even when all is said and done/When our final breath has been taken/They’ll continue to sing along/Even when all is said and done/We will remain/Long after our judgement day.” which gives a powerful and emotive opening to the song, a relative change up from both previous releases from Jadyn Ghalen “Mentality Monster” and “Euphoria”, once more showcasing his ability to add variety to his work and continually keep things fresh and interesting with every release. The decision to have Fatima deliver vocals to open the track and set the table already feels like a smart one.

The piano tone continues as the songs chorus finishes but a strong and aggressive beat can be heard in combination with the piano, taking away some of the softness and adding a little urgency to the songs track ahead of the opening verse from Jadyn, he gives the music a couple of moments to settle into things before he raps out his opening verse, “I can always hear the pressure coming/From every single corner/The judgement, the prying eyes wanting to see you fall from the skies/From the highest of heights/But I’m not into giving them the satisfaction/I’ve learnt the fine art of numbing/Blocking out all of the words coming from the outside/Just following my own path/Motherfucker on my very own vibe.” as he delivers lyrics that highlight the pressure to step out on your own and the constant judgement and discussion of every aspect of your life just because what you do happens to be in the spotlight, his vocal delivery is aggressive and assertive as if he’s defiantly standing center stage and taking all of the shots at him.
He continues throughout the verse, “I’m not afraid to cut ties/If you’re the anchor that’s weighing me down/I’m like the new blood, the contender to the heavyweight crown/Ready to shed those last few pounds/To get to my fighting weight/This is fighting talk/I’ve already learnt from the greats/Now it’s in my path that the next generation will walk/They say I’m all talk/The main problem in all situations/But put three ego’s in a room with different views/You’re gonna get differing opinions/And ya’ll can just keep the rumours spilling out into the social media feeds/Because I don’t mind being the one to give you the clicks that your little channel needs/I don’t break under the weight of pressure/I grow stronger and more determined than ever/You can call it ego/Cause I don’t really give a fuck/I’mma keep on grindin’/Till’ you can’t help but show a brother some love.” and with references to stories about fallouts within the ‘Orion’ camp and how he was often painted as the problem at the center of issues, he defiantly states that he’s willing to take that pressure, but will put the work in and create something that not only clears his name but proves his ability on his own.

The songs chorus comes through once again, with the aggressive rap beat removed to just the piano before the beat returns for another defiant and aggressive rap verse delivered from Jadyn, “They say we got some kind of beef/That I’ve been trying to split up from the pack/Everybody disagrees/It's part of life, that shit’s just facts/We still brothers, we just a family that keeps it real/We fight with each other/But there is no peace to be made on this deal/This is temporary/We just out here enjoying this shit/I know they come out in the press saying he’s just searching for a hit/I go where the money is/That’s all there is to any of this/You can get your artistic vision from your own solo shit/But I’mma be out here/Enjoying every second of opportunity that comes my way/I ain’t passing up on anything/You never know when this all goes away.” and with his final verse, he takes the opportunity to acknowledge the reported in-fighting and disagreements in his group, clarifying that they always fight and disagree with each other. He makes a note to reference the idea from Brayton “Bellows” Carter that Jadyn just searches for hits and money rather than looking to create something “important” or “creatively fulfilling” and accepts this, offering the retort that nobody knows how long this career will last so he is happy to grab every financial opportunity offered. It’s likely that this narrative comes from the NFL partnership that ‘Orion’ signed up to a couple of years ago that Jadyn pushed for and Brayton fought against.

With his final thoughts offered during his closing verse the songs chorus comes back in against the backdrop of the solitary piano to close out the song on a melodic and defiant note. Seemingly this track comes from a mind that wanted to offer his side to the story in some way with its references coming from some very real places of truth. It’s reported that ‘Orion’ are now recording their next album in the studio currently, so how the release of this track affects the relationship of the members of the group will remain to be seen. But it feels less like an attack on the other members of the group and more of a statement of intent and the path that Jadyn would prefer to walk down himself.

“Judgement Day”

“We will remain
Even when all is said and done
When our final breath has been taken
They’ll continue to sing along
We will remain
Long after our judgement day

I can always hear the pressure coming
From every single corner
The judgement, the prying eyes wanting to see you fall from the skies
From the highest of heights
But I’m not into giving them the satisfaction
I’ve learnt the fine art of numbing
Blocking out all of the words coming from the outside
Just following my own path
Motherfucker on my very own vibe
I’m not afraid to cut ties
If you’re the anchor that’s weighing me down
I’m like the new blood, the contender to the heavyweight crown
Ready to shed those last few pounds
To get to my fighting weight
This is fighting talk
I’ve already learnt from the greats
Now it’s in my path that the next generation will walk
They say I’m all talk
The main problem in all situations
But put three ego’s in a room with different views
You’re gonna get differing opinions
And ya’ll can just keep the rumours spilling out into the social media feeds
Because I don’t mind being the one to give you the clicks that your little channel needs
I don’t break under the weight of pressure
I grow stronger and more determined than ever
You can call it ego
Cause I don’t really give a fuck
I’mma keep on grindin’
Till’ you can’t help but show a brother some love

We will remain
We will remain
Long after our judgement day

They say we got some kind of beef
That I’ve been trying to split up from the pack
Everybody disagrees
It's part of life, that shit’s just facts
We still brothers, we just a family that keeps it real
We fight with each other
But there is no peace to be made on this deal
This is temporary
We just out here enjoying this shit
I know they come out in the press saying he’s just searching for a hit
I go where the money is
That’s all there is to any of this
You can get your artistic vision from your own solo shit
But I’mma be out here
Enjoying every second of opportunity that comes my way
I ain’t passing up on anything
You never know when this all goes away

We will remain
We will remain
Long after our judgement day”

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Jadyn Ghalen, DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by DeAndre Patton
Production Assistant: Imani Jasmine Woods
Recorded at Studio60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA

PERSONNEL

Jadyn Ghalen – vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Fatima Amari – vocals
DeAndre Patton – production, engineering, mixing
Ignacio Santos – piano, bass, composition
Augustine Francis – drums, percussion, programming
Imani Jasmine Woods – production assistant
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 06/08/2023(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2023(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 07/08/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 07/08/2023(UTC), erich hess on 07/08/2023(UTC), PANIC! on 27/08/2023(UTC)