logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2024 20:27:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hey Slim, I’ve gotta say, I’m delighted to have you on the show. But first things first, what do you prefer to be called, Slim? Mr. Money? Or do you prefer to go by your birth name?

I actually wanna go but the real name when im with my wife alone but in public i dont be using in it cause *laugh* it embrassing and shit cause i rather have people call me Slim Money cause im being having the name since i was hustling aka working job and i always have enough money and roof over the head to support my family you know?

There’s a whole bunch of shit that we can get into today and I’m sure we will, but let’s just talk about your outfit, you seem to always make some sort of statement with your clothing choices, is that just a coincidence or is it by design? How important is fashion to the image of yourself that you’ve crafted over the years?

I actually go both cause i don't know why *little laugh* but hey sometime you gotta take a rise cause if you then i ain't wit it cause it like i wanna follow the stuff but make it more me cause if i go out there and look like some bunch of homeless then i don't wanna know or how i look

In terms of years, you haven’t been around the industry for a crazy long time but it feels like you’ve already established yourself as a sort of renaissance man, like I’m not sure how many people are aware but you’ve been involved in a crazy amount of work with so many other artists even behind the mixing desk. Was the plan to always be involved in all aspects of the industry or did you only ever plan on being just a recording artist?

Wanna be doing music cause that my drive that my force to do it i don't be doing like im in it for fame cause that for people don't have their head in this shit cause sometime you have to be able to experience before you go out like you own this but in humble cause lot of people don't know that it really fucking hard like hell bro like hella hard

I’ve gotta say though, your sound is so distinctive that you just know when you’ve been involved in the music even if you’re not a featured artist on the track. That soulful almost Caribbean sound with an upbeat tempo and full of energy. It’s like you’ve already created this signature type of sound for yourself that’s so distinctive.

I think when you listen to all artist that you listen to i wanna to bring my spice to this music to spice it up a little like you know it like fuego the heat. I swear like i swear to you mean like *laugh* I ain't finna be saying all type of bullshit that i already seen this before so im finna like go cut the line and get in front like i'm da shit

Obviously you’re a prolific artist in your own right, but you’re ability to collaborate with so many different people and make it work is something that you’ve been great at. I just gotta know, which artist do you prefer working with the most?

Ah shit um i would say it either between Alexis Brooke & Diego Lopez but imma have to go with Diego Lopez but no disrespect to Alexis but Imma be on Diego album and he finna be on my album also Alexis Brooke finna be on my album as well so hold tight

Interesting to hear that, is there anyone that you’ve not worked with yet that you’d definitely like to work alongside someday?

Hmmm im thinking someone that i would love to work with that i havent gotten chance yet and yeah i think maybe Danny K, The Zone, Tahlia, Thickmouse & etc cause i got lots of name that i know that i haven't even gotten chance so those artist i name is gonna leave it like that

I think a lot of questions people are asking right now, is when exactly the album will be coming out? I know you’ve been vocal in your desire to get the album out but you’ve hinted at other challenges, is it true that you’ve had some issues with your label in getting the record released? I hear the release date continues to be getting pushed back despite the record being completed.

So um I was working on the album and i tell everyone that this single is coming and coming also album coming and coming but none of them come out like yeah i having issues with the label but not management cause they were hella confuse about the work and they know it was complete like it done like no more session like im good to go and already gotten date and got the new music that i honestly felt like it gonna be hit but plan changed like label weren't focus on me so i kinda figured this is what happen to Tika Mays my cousin like the fuck? She even explain why she left the label that i was on and glad that she still with La Familia but signed new deal with Ruff Round Records so she been busy like hell like they let her do her thing like no pressure like they let them take a time to get their project done like no rush at all but when you got the label i was on they do expect they'll say like okay it good but we needed done but this and that shit blah blah blah like yo this project haven't gotten finish and i felt like it was rush. So i ask them can i please take a time cause if i go out and release the project too early then it gonna not only make me look bad also look bad on your behalf and they said ok but if this come out wacky shitass then we'll cancel the production till we can figure out so luckily i was be able to take a time to get the album done on time. I was honestly frustrated like hell cause i just got a call from management saying that they not gonna focus the single like they stop im like bullshit and i did talk to the label and say yo why do i heard from my team saying you not gonna go with the single and they said look we been pretty much focus on other artist and we try and try so hard im like cut the bullshit cause like i don't wanna hear the bullshit blah blah blah and they say well you just gonna have to wait cause we're busy and im like okay you know what fuck the album don't release it and so i was fed up at the moment to the point where i was like if you aint gonna put out the single that i already posted on social media and hype about it then forget it like i done so i just couldn't focus at that point

Of course this is a show where we delve a little into the private lives of the artists, yours has been one that has had it’s share of scandal and controversy over the years, it’s definitely not been an easy run, you’ve had your fuck ups like everybody.

Of course the biggest talking point was the cheating scandal that sort of flipped your entire world on it’s head for a while there. Your relationship with Keshia Love was almost ruined when it was made public that you had been cheating with Chanel C. Fox, obviously nobody goes into those things with the intention of hurting anybody. What’s your thoughts on that period of time now that it’s seemingly blown over?

Aw damm *laugh* um i can say for real like i knew it was all 100% bullshit that i just heard on twitter aka X at first then i realize it was true cause i didn't remember what happen then i realize like oh shit what have i done and i think 2021 when thing happen for a reason when Chanel came into industry kinda thing and almost expose me. So i know i work with Chanel C. Fox on remix for FCA 2021 but i do however can confirm that Keshia wasnt really feeling her like she is with other people and i know this ain't like Chanel the person i met it just a work like you gotta be able to stick to the routine like you the artist im the artist i already loyal to Keshia my wife like i cant be all stupid fuckboy like fuck a bitch or any type of this shit so i kinda know how i started to go from fuck this i ain't going to school type of vibe like im out of school *laugh* to becoming better person like you can't fuck or sleep with artist/person cause it either fuck up career or fuck up the relationships so i was like im not tryna to do both so im good then i started to drink so much like i was partying so hard after being engaged with Keshia i knew it was right time to celebrate and i did invited her to the club that night and one thing led to another like i was in her hotel room sleeping with her like wtf then i woke up like hell nah i mess it up like big time so i knew telling Keshia the truth is gonna hurt her cause she already been with the Sau'Ron and it wasn't good so i'm like can't tell her like i can't but i was like i gotta tell her cause keeping from her is like bringing up the old past that hasnt shared for long time so yeah i tell her and she got mad at me at first but work out at the end like understanding cause she know i wouldn't do it unless i go too stupid so now i kinda have to watch on how many drink i take.

Obviously that’s a tough situation for anybody to deal with, especially to deal with it so publicly. Your relationship suffered for a little while, even after you had worked things out with Keshia, you suffered from depression for a while after that, right?

Wow that the good question tho um it was in late 2022 where i started to get depress like right after album and single just cancel like work ain't flowing no more it just like i lost myself you know like that ain't him this another person i don't know who the fuck that is it like what, i was acting like im fine like people around me ain't notice me acting different cause i was faking it the whole time. My wife did notice i was acting different like acting strange like i wasn't sure and she ask if i was okay i'm like yeah im fine but no im not it came to the point where i was in my home studio booth where i was writing cause normally went you upset or having brain thought goes blank i go home and write cause it calm me done but when depression hit i punch the wall i almost like make a hole so instead of yelling i punch the wall cause it help me better if i do that whenever im angry or depress so when she knew about it i kinda got angry at her but cry afterward blaming myself like she knew i wasn't like that at all and i glad that my wife came into my life including my kids like if i havent gone through it then it would've made it worst so i did ask her to help me to get me back to myself again

And that eventually led to a period of time in Rehab? I’ve known a few people to go to rehab for various different reasons, it worked for some and didn’t for quite a few others. How did you find that support, is it something that helped you?

I was in Rehab and i was only here for 2 week privately cause i need some more time to check myself more and think clearly more cause i don't wanna public to know where i was or what i was doing so i can go back to normal so that way i don't have depression on me no more and after that i was be able to go back to work and be able to raise the kid like kinda same but in different form you know what i mean like new version of me.

I’ve gotta say though, from the outside looking in. It definitely seems like you’ve been in a good place recently, hopefully it continues because I’ve always believed you’ve got the potential to be a hugely influential figure within the industry.

Fuck yeah I do *laugh* i think it has um i was be able function myself to go back to work like crazy and i got new music coming soon so lots of thing is coming so im ready for this year cause i been like kinda privately away for while but was be able to get the album done but with different flavor like i wanna try something new that people haven't heard of me in the while but looking forward to it.

Obviously your relationships appear to be on steady ground again, your music career thriving and becoming a father too has all played it’s part in your redemption arc and seemingly given you focus in your life. People say having kids flips that switch inside of you to basically tell you to stop fucking around, how important was becoming a father to this new version of yourself that we see today?

When it come to being father i have to maintain that mode like father by night, music by day so it like on and off switch so when you see me with the kids it like yo im taking care my kids it like im in fucking dad mode bro so not know kinda thing but when i switch to music mode that when i go from dad mode to Slim Money Rollin mode in like hot quick second

Well it’s been a treat having you on the show, I hope you continue down this positive path and can’t wait to hear new music from you in the new year. Thanks for dropping by.

No probs bro. Thanks for having me shorty
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/01/2024(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 26/01/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 27/01/2024(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/01/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/01/2024(UTC)