logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2024 18:19:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Welcome to the show Claire, I’m sure you’ve had a lot of interview requests since going solo but I thank you for giving me the exclusive first interview since you officially launched your solo career.

No problem I was getting so many people asking me bout the interview and I was like maybe, maybe not i mean it was so tired cause they even wanna know what im doing and be up in my grill so uh uh *laugh*

First things first, you were a former member of the girl group ‘Trinity Love’, it looked like you girls were about to have huge success and then all of a sudden you announced your departure from the group. I’d be crazy not to ask, but what was it that made you decide to leave the group just as things were starting to really take off?

Oh my gosh *laugh* um I personally felt like i have weird feeling bout if i wanted to continue with the group and I was like coming home tired and it was like load and load of blood sweat tears and all for the second album which i like where this direction taken and I was like OMG this is fucking crazy like I couldn't even speak about how this album is masterpiece like I can continued to go on and on bout it but I think it was after tour it started to question me a little like who are you like I just look at myself and im thinking nope, no this isn't me so I was at lost at this point to where i'll be different person then the one you saw me in the group where i was happy. To make a long short I wasn't like myself like i was treated like a black sheep and it no good like I love those girls but I wasn't sure if i could continue on like this is too much like label forced us to do this new image which i was uncomfortable with it and then they told me like you have to work 20 times hard as black artist so it'll appeal to get people to like you and it felt like i have to fit in and stuff im like no and at this point i gotta leave like actually leave cause if I don't then this gonna continue like no good but way time worst then already is so I left and the group disbanded after that and when I tell the label they were upset and confuse on why did I wanna go solo and lemee tell you they were fake like they act like they'll support me but however reality is that these motherfucker don't even care about it and all they cared is money like no that it i'm done and i also tell the girls and they were upset but understanding and support cause they felt like they have lost a sister and we cry, laugh but nobody could break us up expect ourselves so yeah we went separated and that it.

I think it’s pretty obvious to see the connection between you leaving and then suddenly the group’s hype seemed to just diminish after your departure, I think it was always seen that you were the standout star of the group, did you feel like you were on a different path to the others?

I think so like in first group i was in before joining Trinity Love nobody tell us we have to fit in we just gonna have to come out as who we are and it was very chill but Trinity Love however they wanted me to act like this and blah blah blah like you can't be doing this and doing that like you can't even breathe at this point and in studio we were told to do this part and i have to sing in husky soulful tone but really that is not my tone like I know im grateful but really when i hear the tone and the voice on Trinity Love songs I still till this day where it was so hard to hear my voice and it was cringe. So when I left the group it was different I went back to my normal tone i use to sing but with some trick that you might hear on my songs which i'm so excited and i don't have to worry bout what people say. The group stuff um I have to say it was hard for them to continued on as trio cause we're originally known for as 4 but it was different when one left and they know that they wouldn't do it so they left the label and announce that group is over and album and single is cancelled like all together and on my part felt guilty after hearing the news but on the other part is where im grateful to have these girls in my life as sisters but i gotta march on as solo artist.

Are you still in touch with the girls or was the departure too much of an issue to work past?

I kept in touch with Natalie cause we always talk talk talk talk talk talk all day long and we never stop seen each other like I just saw her at the red carpet of Big Diamond relaunch party and appearing music video together like we can't stand to not see each other and i saw Rose with kids and im like damn you got good kids and i'm so happy for her but for Jessica I haven't speak to her cause she went silence and still working on her album so so far no bad blood left on the issue.

What surprised me the most was the fact that after you left the group, you didn’t immediately jump into the solo career, was it always your plan to take a little time out before signing a solo deal and announcing yourself as a solo artist?

I need little bit more time with myself cause I need some space and it was too much for me like i can't go into solo unless if i'm ready like ready to do music and ready to go solo and i need to be living normal cause it was just too much for me and 3 girls started solo career while i havent gotten deal yet but now i finally got deal so it like win win.

It definitely sounds like you had to do a lot of healing before venturing back into the music industry again?

Yes so i have to turn off social media and have to go through process of healing myself cause after love gone wrong and industry stuff it like no i need some time for myself like i can't even like call someone for months unless if it my family and i was offer solo deal to signed with Ruff Round Records but i turned down the deal due to having to gone through progress of finding myself again and yeah after that I was myself again and i'm becoming more aware of myself on who I am so that what got me through all the past to this year where i'm ready for music to come.[/b]

You’ve said that you suffered a form of abuse, I know it’s definitely something that happens to young artists trying to make their way in the entertainment industry. I think we’re definitely seeing steps forward in calling out people in positions of power in the industry. Is that something you want to talk about?

Ooh i was abuse but verbally abuse not the physical one where i was slap or beaten like i was verbally abuse. In June 2022 he had a rough day or some area that it was gotten to the point where he wanted to take angry out on me like yell at me for no reason like if I was his punching bag which it gotten so bad it led to me that I have to stand up for my self. So on next day he did it again but this time I wasn't gonna allow him to yell at me so then it got to physical it like love hate thing and he put his hand on me like he beat me so i beat him back and neighbor heard of us fighting and it led to police arrest him and charge him for fighting me and i broke up with him in July 2022 so that hard but it felt relief to be able to i'm done im leaving so you live you learn.

I think it’s important to tell your story, I feel like hearing you talk about that could definitely make some younger artists realise that they’ve been in a similar situation themselves. It’s not always obvious when it’s happening to you, especially at a young age. I definitely think a young powerful voice like yours could do some real positive work in shining a light on your own story and that this does happen still.

I felt like there some other girls that already dealing with their own problem like i wanna become the leader to use the voice to help them like I wanna tell the story on how i'm becoming better person like those girls need to hear it cause if they don't then it gonna happen again and again on their fault for not taking as it is to be able to say i'm great i'm doing fine like i'm living life better like i wanna see people doing great like leave the past behind and move forward in the future so yeah.

You definitely seem like you’re in a confident place right now, what’s in store for you in 2024?

I have a lot to offer like I can't even get into some detail but yeah it coming like i promise once you hear some news from me then yeah it over like i'm shutting down real quick. I honestly can say that it's coming like it's coming.

I think your potential for success in 2024 is definitely however high you’d like it to be. You were announced as the first signing to one of the newest labels in the industry, so obviously they have high expectations that you’ll be sort of a marquee name for them for many years to come. What’s it like getting that sort of support and confidence from your label?

Oh um *laugh* i don't know why i'm laugh cause i might be nervous or something *laugh* but um i was signed to Tric-Jam Records in 2023 when they announce it on Studio60 website like it a official like i'm recording solo artist like i can finally put record an album like okay good. So while i was still recording album in session in NYC i got a call from label and they want me to come to office for meeting and i honestly thought they already got a single or something but really they explain to me what really going on and they were talking about new label RVV Inc meaning “Royale Vices & Virtues INC who founded by Jayden Ghalen from Orion and they were wondering if i was interested to move their and i'm like hell yeah *laugh uncontrollably* so i signed to RVV INC which i was so excited cause Jayden felt like I was the one that needed to be focus on with cause he was like really mean business like he was ready to get me put on solo spot like it happening but yeah still felt grateful till this day.

Of course you’ve got the world at your feet right now, I know how it is to be young and in the music industry. You’ve gotta be enjoying all of the attention and fun that’s to be had out there right now, right?

Honestly it's hard like i don't know cause sometimes i love it but at the back of my mind is scary cause you never know who stalking me and you gotta watch your back cause yeah i don't wanna know who stalk me and i don't wanna see who *laugh* but yeah it like so & so.

I know fully how difficult it can be to find the time to invest in relationships when you’re constantly travelling and working. What is the dating life looking like at the moment, I’ve seen you linked with one of the guys from Stardom, it looks like a pretty good fit to me.

I been dating Damien from Stardom Boys and it been idk how long but like nobody force us to date and it felt so good that this man treat me right. I met this guys in 2020 when i was at Fan Choice Awards with the girls and we met when i was at the seat i think and we honestly couldn't stop looking at each other like we're geek for doing that *laugh* but um yeah we been hitting each other up all the time but we ended in mid 2022 when he like i said abuse me but you live you learn like you gotta get stronger like get better and i gotten better life so i don't hold any grunge on him but all i can said people made mistake and you gotta at least forgive him.

Well I’ve gotta say, you seem to have a great mindset. I think you’ll do really fucking great things over these next few years. Thanks for stopping by and I’m sure we’ll be having another chat in the not so distant future

No worry girl, It been amazing time.
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Cerys Nyland on 10/02/2024(UTC), erich hess on 10/02/2024(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/02/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 11/02/2024(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/02/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/02/2024(UTC)