logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

130 Pages«<128129130
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#2581 Posted : 17 March 2024 05:54:08(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
"Ow, that hurt, the fact you think we are the little brother. More like cousins, or better yet nephew and uncle. New York is the wild drunk uncle." Teasing her more before he got down to the business side of the meet up. Nire went through a phase of 'I'm better than everyone, I need to prove it.' when he first got on the scene but he has since then mellowed out that he is much more open to working with people and not having to constantly feeling that chip on his shoulder. "I'm riding shotgun on the hell ride, You are lucky your such an awesome person to be around. I think you doing it intentionally too, you're not hiding any red flags like a house full of cats? A weird fetish, or a strange kink you ain't telling me about?" While Nire and Kara didn't really talk about their romantic side they have flirted back and forth and he was a believer in you only see what people allow you to see and Kara seem too cool to be true.

"I Think was are going to be able to really hit this out of the park, in three weeks I think we are going to have a lot of material to work with, hell I might even get some things and hold it for myself if you just trying to do an E.P." Nire had quite the work ethic so being locked in on a project he wanted things to be right and with that it was going to just be about what they vibe with but he was going to be going to everything so he was thinking that the two of them together was going to have a lot of things that might hit the cutting floor that could be decent and workable."Run away train it is then, so final question when do you want to start? Do you have a place in mind?" He didn't really know places here that they could spend a lot of time in. If it was a spot that was comfortable he could just leave his place and just living in the location as they were working.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2582 Posted : 18 March 2024 05:37:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8540 time(s) in 2675 post(s)
Kara laughs a little as Nire protests further, “I stand by what I said. Come on, New York is the culture hub of the entire globe. Granted after this seasons performances you do have a better NFL team than what New York can offer right now. I will allow you that.” She knew Nire was big on the Lions and almost making it to the Super Bowl was certainly a huge achievement for a team not expected to impress in such a way. “I almost thought we’d be booking a private suite in Vegas for the big dance.” She says with a smile. Although a general sports fan, she was a big NFL fan.
She laughs a little as he talks about potential red flags, one thing she had always been is just completely herself which was quite often more of a hindrance than a help for her. She wasn’t just your typical famous female celebrity, she walked her own path, she didn’t follow trends and she wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. “Hmm, red flags?” she says before running through his list of potential red flags, “House full of cats? Nope, hate them. I’m a dog person. Just me and Wolfie at home.” She says with a laugh in reference to her pet Husky. “Weird fetish or strange kink? I’m pretty sure you know what I like in that department and you ain’t ran away yet.” She says with another laugh. “I’m not hiding shit. I’m literally just this damn cool.” She shrugs her shoulders.

She nods as he talks confidently about what he believes they’ll be able to create in the studio, “Seriously though, if it doesn’t fit the project feel free to take it and run with it. Three weeks in a studio, I’m sure we’re gonna have a lot of stuff to work with.” She knew it was a big commitment for him to jump on board, so if he could get some extra material out of the sessions to use down the line, she was more than happy for that to happen. “So I’m ready to go as soon as possible, if you got the space to commit a few weeks I can call the label and book the studio time.” She wasn’t entirely sure what his living situation would be during this time, she wanted to ideally keep home and work separate as much as possible, “I usually record at Basement Studios, it’s like ten minutes from my place.” She knew it would be likely that they’d end up hanging out at her place occasionally, but didn’t want it to be a set thing, “You’re more than welcome to stay with me for a few days while you find a place to stay or there’s a hotel across the street from me. Ideal distance for those late night booty calls.” She winks and laughs playfully.
Offline freestylechamp  
#2583 Posted : 19 March 2024 03:56:39(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

"I feel like all New Yorkers have a strange attachment to this place like Stockholm Syndrome, please blink twice if you need help, my team is here for you Kara the bandwagon is always open to you, but the ride is getting full," he said with a smile on his face. He wasn't expecting the team to do so well so he was surprised that they were two quarters away from going to the Super Bowl. He felt like the team played over their abilities and he expected the team to do worse but not as bad as the New York teams mind you. "You are just that cool huh, well I'm just going to take that and run with it then. I'm pretty sure I might have the whole Scott Pilgrim vs the World." He smiled knowing about some of her kinks and fetishes. He never asked about past stuff but it has been brought up a little of their sexual lifestyle.

"Yeah, yeah no doubt. I know that we're going to have a lot of things coming out of this so whatever you aren't going to use I can use it and not let anything go to waste." Nire wanted to make sure that what they were going to do was going to be something good and it was going to be something different and new. he heard about her going in a different direction and going back to his first project he could hear how different the sound and direction he had then to now. "Well I normally spend all the time in the studio, like I have crashed on couches and slept on floors but that was for a few days. You know the feeling when you want to work on something and don't want to break the workflow, that's how it was for me so for three weeks I would like someplace close by and I don't want to try invading your space." He was down for going anywhere for studio time but also wanted to have something in the studio where he could crash in the studio and not worry about having to check in and out all the time. He could determine the distance on if he would need to move his stuff depending on how close it was. "If you record at basement studios schedule the time for us to block it in and we can go from there. I'm surprised you don't have a studio in your place for those late-night sessions." He said jokingly he has been to a few studios on the West Coast and was able to get Kidd to invite him to the studio at his house which made him love the idea. "I'll still take the key to your place if you are still offering though. Food, board, and a dog sounds like I need to give up an arm, leg, and one vital organ." Going back to how expensive everything is in New York. "Does Wolfie want the liver or the kidney?"

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2584 Posted : 19 March 2024 23:37:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Kara laughs and mouths the word ‘help’. “I thought about relocating to the west coast last year but when it came time to make the decision, I just couldn’t leave this place. It’s always been home.” Despite being half Spanish and born in Seville, she has lived in New York since being young and owes the person she is now to the upbringing she had in New York. She laughs a little at the Scott Pilgrim reference, “Man, one thing I can’t do is try to act a certain way or try to be someone else. I’ve tried that shit before just to fit in and it definitely doesn’t work for me.”

“I like the idea of going into the studio together with no set expectations. Lets just see what we come up with, shit maybe none of it will be good enough to release. But something tells me that we’ll be able to create something pretty great together. We’ve done it before on a smaller scale, let’s just set the bar a little higher this time and aim for a project rather than a one-off track.” She knew that Nire’s time was valuable, so if he could take anything extra from the sessions to take onto some of his other projects too, she had no issues with him doing that. “We’ll book the studio out for a two week block. Essentially it’s ours any time of the day however long we need it. We can definitely crash there some nights if we feel like we’re on the cusp of really figuring something out.” She shakes her head no as he says he expected her to have some sort of studio set up at home. “Nah, I’ve got a little something to record some audio if I’m feeling inspired, but nothing legit.” She laughs a little at the idea of having the space to have a studio, “You know, maybe the West Coast relocation is looking more and more tempting. Alicia Lena’s place in Arizona has a fuckin’ serious home studio. Definitely don’t have that sort of space in NYC.” She nodded as he agreed to taking a key to her place so he could come and go as he pleased, “Yeah, I got you. Whatever you need, you’re more than welcome to crash.” She laughs as he mentions Wolfie, “Wolfie is definitely a Liver animal. But we can arrange something once we’ve finished up recording.”
Offline freestylechamp  
#2585 Posted : 23 March 2024 05:00:40(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

"Hey if you can make it here, yada yada, the whole talk about that. It's a very fast exciting city, but it isn't for everyone so if you can do it more props to you. You know what they say you can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl." He could tell that this city meant a lot to her much like how Detroit meant a lot to him. It is what made him to what he is today and he wouldn't be able to leave it and have another hometown.

"I'm going to be coming in with guns blazing and really pull in all kind of difference sounds that I think will be something to knock your socks off." He was excited to have time to throw stuff together and really put their heads together and come up with something and he knows that together they were going to have a project and maybe then some. He was pretty free and he wasn't going to complain if Kara wanted to work on something. "Hey, top people have those studios in the house and they be racking up the savings with that. If you can get the space to create your own studio here, I think that will be a nice retirement egg for you." Knowing how big New York is and how creative the people are here it would be nice if there was a studio that had space for creative arts. "You got it home girl, sure there is tight space but I could always go back to that cardboard box and see if I can make it work with the acoustic." When she gave him a key he was a little shocked at first and then her telling him about how wolfie like liver he couldn't help but laugh a little. He feels like she didn't really get the joke he mention thinking about what he said "Please, wait until we are done," he wipe a tear from his eye "I'll be sure that I go to the store and get some liver before I come over. I'm not just going to shop up empty handed, Are you free right now cause I kind of want to go in right now."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2586 Posted : 23 March 2024 19:03:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Kara nods, “Yeah, I get you. If you grew up here it means a lot to you. If you aren’t, you wanna visit here but not stick around too long.” She says with a laugh, “But you can definitely show me around Detroit sometime, I wanna see the place that you defend so enthusiastically.” It occurred to Kara that despite how often they had spent time together, it was always either New York or California. Both are of course the social and central hubs of the music industry, but she knew Detroit had a history in the music industry too, even just being the hometown of not only Younghood but also her close friends from the group ‘Orion’. She had heard both Younghood and the guys from Orion speak so passionately about the place they were raised, so she knew there must be something in it.

Kara laughs and folds her arms, “I expect you to really take the lead on the beats and music part of things. You’re the mad professor of the biz.” She says, acknowledging the experimentation that he tends to use in his own music, she was looking forward to trying all kinds of different elements, it wasn’t just about creating a successful release but about venturing out of comfort zones and figuring out how to work with different elements. “I’ve always recorded at Basement Studios, it sort of already feels like my own place. But I don’t own it. Maybe I’d look at buying a space to build a studio in New York sometime. Right now, I ain’t got that time to focus on doing that.” She loved the idea of having her own space that she owned and allowing it to be used for up and coming artists, but she didn’t feel like she was at a point in her career to start spiralling off into other business ventures, she still felt like she had to prove herself as a recording artists first and foremost.

She had a lot of friends that were trying to make it in the big city, upcoming producers, writers, actors and artists and she had the luxury of space in her home since it was just her and her dog so it wasn’t unfamiliar for her to have someone crashing at her place. Although they already had a friends with benefit type of relationship, they had only ever hooked up in hotel rooms previously or while on tour. Often at industry events they gravitated towards each other and usually ended up spending the evening together in either one of their hotel rooms. So Kara wasn’t entirely sure how inviting Nire to crash with her while they recorded together would work out, but she knew they were on the same page in terms of their relationship situation.
Kara nodded as Nire asked if she was free right now, “Yeah, I’m free right now. We good to go?” she asks.
Offline freestylechamp  
#2587 Posted : 28 March 2024 13:10:11(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Nite smiled at her being so proud of home. He could respect that it means a lot for her to come back here and it is something that will always be a part of her life. " Nothing wrong with being a homer. I can respect that, but Detroit is going to be a close second when I show you the town. It is going to be home away from home that is for sure." He goes back and forth through Detroit and knows a lot about the city so he is sure that he could give her a great time when she comes and visits. "If your a city person it is going to be right up your alley. Just don't expect me to take you to a Pistons game, if I ever have the opportunity to buy a basketball team, that would be the one." While he knew how great the city was and the charm of it all he wasn't much of a basketball guy and the home team was the reason why. He would die on the Detroit Lions hill but the pistons? He would rather yeet the stadium into the sun if it was up to him.

Nite looked at Kara and with a smirk on his face that he couldn't get off "Why I am definitely going to use that nickname now, mad professor huh. I like that." He has always been complimented on his lyrical talent and he works hard at that but rarely does it get talk about his ear for music and his ability to come up with different sounds. An area in his craft that he made a lot of strides end since he first debut and who one of his peers to notice made it worth the effort. "Well coming from one artist to another artist thank you. It means a lot that people can see the growth that I had since coming out. Listening to my old stuff to now feels like night and day to me so I'm glad I'm not crazy when it seems like people around me feel like I have only gotten marginally better." When it came to a studio place he had a few choices but it was either in California or Atlanta. Rarely did he go spend a lot of time outside of those areas. He would love to have a personal studio so he was speaking on what he would like to have and see. "It doesn't have to be right now but it is something to consider when you are looking to expand net worth and having that residual income."

One of the things that Nire was looking for wasn't a long term relationship or something that was considered dating. He was weary of the constant questions and nagging that came with exclusivity. Being with Kara and watching her with other guys did come with a slight feeling of jealousy, but more so of a feeling of optimism. He was someone who was a straight shooter and he was going to tell you how he felt and feelings be damn. What he felt for Kara was more kinship than relationship. He felt they both had goals and ideals and tying yourself to another person at this point was just more trouble than what it was worth. That wasn't to say he wasn't open to the idea of dating in the future but right now he wanted to focus on himself and being selfish in his own right before he and put someone ahead of himself. "All right, leave the way. Let's see what the mad professor can cook up I'm feeling inspired." It was beginning to be evening time but he gets a lot of his music work done at night. He was always a night owl so work to 3 or 4 in the morning wasn't new or out of the ordinary for him. "Just to let you know I might not let you sleep tonight." He told her as they made their way to basement studios.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2588 Posted : 28 March 2024 23:56:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Kara nods her head in confirmation of her statement, “I ain’t just blowing smoke. If you listen to most artists around right now, their songs could literally be a copy and paste of four or five other artists. Majority of people in the industry are interchangeable, ya’ll can probably throw me in that category. But there’s an exception of maybe one or two artists that release tracks that are completely their own vibe and couldn’t be mistaken for anybody else. You on that platform pretty much alone, maybe alongside Billy.” She thought for a second to try to think of any other artist that could fit that category but drew a blank, “That’s why you the guy I thought of for this project because I know we ain’t just gonna come up with four or five generic RnB Rap hybrid love songs. I knew you’d bring ideas to the table and I knew it would be interesting at the very least.” She had a number of people in her phone that she could have made the call to for this project and it would have no doubt been fine and probably more commercially friendly but she wanted to step out of her comfort zone a little and experiment and she felt that Younghood as a person and as an artist would be the perfect person to challenge her.

Being 27 years old was a strange age where she had some of her closest friends settling down and having children, incredibly mature and sensible while some of her other close friends were very much being free spirited and wild and a little reckless all in the name of fun. Kara felt she was mature beyond her years but she still wanted the freedom and felt there was more fun to be had without being tied down to commitments. From day one, she felt like herself and Nire were both on the same page with their relationship, they got along, had fun together and embraced the term friends with benefits completely. She understood that Nire wasn’t exclusively hers and it was clear that she wasn’t exclusively his, they both had separate lives primarily in different cities and that they were both entitled to have their fun separately. She knew Nire wouldn’t be afraid to speak up, so if he did ever have an issue with the situation she knew it would be made clear swiftly.
However, she knew that if Nire was in town he would always take priority over anybody else, she had enjoyed other conquests with both male and females in the time that she had known him but she knew that it was always on a different level when she was with him.

She led the way towards the recording studio, it was a couple of blocks away but she navigated the busy streets like a pro, the occasional glance back from strangers realising who they both were didn’t ever faze her. She smiles a little as they arrive at the studio, opening up with her own personal keys, it was like a second home to her, “I hope I haven’t hyped you up too much.” She says with a smirk as he appears eager to get to work, “Oh shit” she says with a smirk as he delivers his expectations of them working through the night, “Fuck it, we can order some food later. I don’t like to drink when I’m recording but there’s some alcohol if you want. I’ve got a couple of blunts rolled and some other stimulants if you require.” She laughs as she locks the door behind her and leads them upstairs into the recording hub of the building, there’s a couple of central recording areas, some private mixing booths and a large lounge area designed to enhance creativity. She opens the doors to each of the rooms, heads into the mixing booth and places her small leather jacket onto the back of the chair, “Make this place your own, we got it locked down for three weeks.”
Offline freestylechamp  
#2589 Posted : 01 April 2024 04:38:33(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

"No, I know your not the type to just say shit for no reason, that why I respect that." Nire worked hard, and it showed to him as his music evolved over the years. When they got to the studio he nodded his head to look at the layout and it was a pretty nice studio overall. "No, you didn't, this is nice. I can see why you spend a lot of time in here." He looked around and it had a lot of the typical equipment and tech that studios had but this place did have a kitchen and a section for seating so he could if need be crash here. He had gone to some spaces where it was just a booth and production station, so having a kitchen area was a big plus. "This place is very nice. Even have a kitchen area, I want a personal one so fucking bad." He looks at all the rooms and thinks about what he could put in his own having ideas of what to include for when he starts to build one. He finally makes his way back to Kara with an ashtray and two rolled blunts putting it on the coffee desk.

"Alight let's light up and then we can get started on making something." He was prepping for a long time so he got on his phone to door dash something to eat and being New York, fusion food was what he was thinking about "I was thinking of ordering some fusion meals what do you normally eat when you try to get in the zone?" Nire was excited about this and while he tried not to show it in his voice, having the freedom to just do whatever and see what comes out of it could have been daunting to others but it was fun for him. It was like exploring the wild unknown and the feeling of anticipation was something that he always looked for when going into his music. Some of it has a theme to it but for the most part, it is just whatever the music calls out to him that is what he goes for and he thinks it will be twice as fun seeing as he has someone along for the ride.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Head South Records on 01/04/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2590 Posted : 01 April 2024 05:23:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Kara had recorded at this place almost religiously since she debuted in the industry, every track that has her name as the primary artist was recorded at Basement Studios, it had all of the modern tech that you’d expect from a state of the art studio but it had a much more homely feel to it. There was breakout areas in order to get away from the stresses of being in the recording and mixing booths, it was literally directly across the street from her own home and wasn’t an in-demand studio which meant that when booked by Kara the place was essentially just hers for the duration, she would literally shut off the equipment and lock up when she left and it would remain the same until she returned. “I’ve wanted to buy this place for like seven years. The owner won’t give it up though.” She says as she makes herself comfortable, switching on a couple of lamps in the lounge area.

Kara smiles as she notices Nire making himself comfortable immediately, “Light em’ up!” she says with enthusiasm, “It’s gonna be a long fucking night, we should definitely get the food in early. Don’t want anything to stop us when we’re in full flow.” She thinks for a moment, “I’m happy with whatever. Usually I go with Thai or Asian food when I’m deep in studio mode.” She shrugs, “Whatever you’re feeling, I trust your judgement.” She says as she starts setting up one of the recording spaces, moving between rooms getting things ready to go. They were going to be spending some time just talking ideas through first but wanted to make sure everything was set up and ready to go whenever the inspiration started flowing through them, she knew that the spontaneity of these sessions was where they would get the most interesting things, so didn’t want any delays to occur. She wanted to set the place up ready for nothing to stop their flow.

As she finishes setting things up in the mixing booth and recording booth, she comes back through to the lounge and sits down on the sofa, there’s notebooks piled up on a table next to the sofa and she grabs one and opens it, she just scribbles ‘Day One’ at the top of the page and leaves it open on the sofa next to her ready to use, she takes her phone and puts the microphone onto record and sets it down on the coffee table, grabs one of the blunts and lights it, taking the first hit, and a couple more before setting it down resting on the ashtray.