logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#41 Posted : 13 December 2009 12:03:45(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
PANIC! frontman Ryan Ross Hernandez spoke out on the on-going issue to UK-based magazine NME, in the early-Saturday hours, after a show in Manchester. Hernandez in the past has been critical of genre feuds, but has been known to take his little cheap shots here and there on various pop artist, one namely being Stephanie Fierce.

"You know, I am a diabolic critic and because of it I respect artist that speak their mind, whether I agree with them on not. But this matter is a little tough on me because all the work I do musically, with all my projects, have both rock sounds and pop sounds. But my main project, PANIC!, is a rock band. I hear this Stephanie Fierce statement, dissing rock bands, well I wouldn't say dissing but more like categorizing all rock bands into the outside stereotype. Like, 'They all bands do drugs, all get bitch drunk stupid, they wreck hotel rooms,' that's stereotyping. I can tell you for a fact, PANIC! a rock band, doesn't do any of that.

That's like me saying all my pop divas are media whores. There's some that are and some that aren't. Same goes with what Stephanie said about rock bands, although she should have clarified it. I'm a straight up honest guy, and sometimes people take that attitude as being an asshole. I admit I've been critical of many artist in the past but I never say my music is more dominate, or my genre. Everyone has their opinions, whatever type of music they like, that's what they are going to say is the best ever since fucking slice beard. I ain't afraid to say that I got all types of music on iPod. I listen to everything! As long as someone likes what they hear, they shouldn't limit their ears to just listen to one genre.

But like, I hate musicians of any kind that say 'Oh I just do music for the fans,' that is motherfucking bullshit! I am real with my fans, I don't tell them crap like that 'cause they are smart enough to know that music is business. It's our job. But unlike everyday jobs we don't get paid every Friday. We get paid based on certain percentages we get from record sales. Most of the money a musician makes is off of tours. Early on with PANIC!, I remember going up on stage and seeing a medium-sized venue only sell like fifty percent of it and thinking 'Shit. I got pay my bills at the end of the month,'. No matter how you put it, music is a job, a career. I would like to see fellow artist that say 'Oh it's all about the fans,' have a record completely flop, have shitty sales, and sure, a label can take one maybe even two. But after a second flop, that's it, labels drop you. I've told fans in the past, at shows, music is job. I do it to make money. We have families too, we got to support them. Fans are great, I love them, but I need money from them to be able to continue to make music for them.

I'm not saying fans don't influence music 'cause of course they do. When your recording music, you think about how fans are going to take in your new music but when I write, when I record, I don't go back and say, 'Oh this format fans liked, let's do it again,' I ain't like that. First and foremost I have to like the music myself, before thinking if fans like it or not. I joke around a lot 'bout the whole 'sell out' issue 'cause it was a big issue back in between PANIC!'s second and third records. But that didn't stop us from making the album we felt good about, next time around in studio. I thank fans for getting me here, but they have no control over my music. My music is my music, I'm going to make it sound how I like it. If the fans don't like, 'Oh well.' You win some, then you lose some. Move on.

I'm not going to lie, Stephanie Fierce isn't my favorite person in the world. Don't expect us to be BFF's. Even though I've criticized her music and her whole 'fierce'-persona. Which I still don't know how that is a attitude for someone but whatever. I've criticized her many times in the past, but she's doing what she wants to do and that's cool with me. She has her character and her fans appear to be straight with it that's great for her. Boycott award shows, do whatever you want. Fight the power!

Bottom line is, music is music. Music is a beautiful thing. And it's different to everyone. I am sure whether someone likes gospel or heavy metal, they are going to think their music is the best. And it is, to their ears. I still stand by the fact that all this rock/pop feud is pointless. If one begins it and the target responds to it, it's just going to go on and on. But sooner or later fans of either/or bands or artist, are going to get bored of it and just be like 'Fuck this! Why can't you just play the music you want and stop putting down the other party?!'. Music shouldn't turn into politics, it ain't two big parties then everyone else is independent.
"

Edited by user 13 December 2009 12:06:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#42 Posted : 13 December 2009 12:22:31(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
I wasn't trying to categorize anyone, I was just specifically talking about the ones who are bashing me and yet they don't do shit. I apologize if I offended anyone who works hard at what they do and build healthy lives with their careers, It was not directed to those people at all. But I do agree with most of what you said (you have very good points I forgot to bring up) except "the music for the fans". It's not bullshit, at least for me it isn't. I don't know what I would do if most of many of fans weren't satisfied with my music. But I do keep a balance, I must satisfy myself and that's the challenge I'm willing to take or risk. I make sure that me and most of my fans are satisfied with my music. I make sure I warn them if I'm doing something completely new, I don't just throw it in their faces and say "Here if you like it good, if you don't then whatever, I just need to pay my bills".

Edited by user 13 December 2009 12:25:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#43 Posted : 13 December 2009 12:45:00(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Blog #2:
Ok, so now that I have gotten that point established, I just changed my mind about something. I will be boycotting all award shows. Yes fuck the Birdies, the HTC Awards, and any other award show. Nor will I attend or perform in them. I will be focusing more on my fans, my music the way I want it and my own shows rather than trying to win an useless award. My experience as a judge in award shows was to extend my point of view, that is all. I feel like these award shows represent "What is the Flavor of the week" and I don't want to represent that. It's just the way I look at it, I'm not claiming or recommending this to any other artist or band.

OOC. THAT IS SERIOUSLY BELOW THE BELT. I can write Kamikaze Kate whatever and it's all fun and games OOC, I rarely mean anything that Kate says, but any bitch on the Birdies, IC or OOC, is more than I can handle. Around two thirds of all the seizures I have in a year are on Birdies day. I could improve my quality of life so much by eliminating this award show. Why don't I? Because I want to bring the board together, especially now when roleplay here is falling apart at the seams. I want to keep a TRSG tradition going. I love to say "I made this" at the end of it all and seeing everyone happy, even at a risk to my own health and safety.
If you don't like it, then don't turn up, but please, don't say anything about it. Reading criticisms is more painful than the actual fit. Just .... don't, please.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#44 Posted : 13 December 2009 12:53:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Blog #2:
Ok, so now that I have gotten that point established, I just changed my mind about something. I will be boycotting all award shows. Yes fuck the Birdies, the HTC Awards, and any other award show. Nor will I attend or perform in them. I will be focusing more on my fans, my music the way I want it and my own shows rather than trying to win an useless award. My experience as a judge in award shows was to extend my point of view, that is all. I feel like these award shows represent "What is the Flavor of the week" and I don't want to represent that. It's just the way I look at it, I'm not claiming or recommending this to any other artist or band.

OOC. THAT IS SERIOUSLY BELOW THE BELT. I can write Kamikaze Kate whatever and it's all fun and games OOC, I rarely mean anything that Kate says, but any bitch on the Birdies, IC or OOC, is more than I can handle. Around two thirds of all the seizures I have in a year are on Birdies day. I could improve my quality of life so much by eliminating this award show. Why don't I? Because I want to bring the board together, especially now when roleplay here is falling apart at the seams. I want to keep a TRSG tradition going. I love to say "I made this" at the end of it all and seeing everyone happy, even at a risk to my own health and safety.
If you don't like it, then don't turn up, but please, don't say anything about it. Reading criticisms is more painful than the actual fit. Just .... don't, please.

OOC: Wait what????? Eh?
Offline troymazing  
#45 Posted : 13 December 2009 12:55:34(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOC: I appreciate what you do with the Birdies, Bikki. I always look forward to it. :)
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline bikz  
#46 Posted : 13 December 2009 13:13:30(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC. Meh, fucking outburst again. The fits thing is true, but I get way too offended. Never mind.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#47 Posted : 13 December 2009 13:18:35(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
OOC. Meh, fucking outburst again. The fits thing is true, but I get way too offended. Never mind.

OOC: Troy is just throwing sprinkles on the cake.

I really admire your work with the Birdies, in fact you're the best at it and I am deeply sorry if I offended you because I know you work hard for them, I really only meant it in character for Stephanie Fierce. The Birdies are the only reason you see more than 20 members or people on the forums.
#48 Posted : 17 December 2009 08:22:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: Rumors are that apparently some guy "Swagger Jacked" my cover artwork for "Lips That Burned Me". I'll have to look into it, but if he did I really don't care. Maybe he was inspired by it, or it can be a coincidence. Leave the poor guy alone.
Offline Aj  
#49 Posted : 17 December 2009 08:28:02(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: Wanna read what I wrote on my thread before you say that ?
#50 Posted : 17 December 2009 08:32:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Aj wrote:

OOC: You're an idiot, and still don't know the difference between roleplay and OOC. And If I feel like I need to post on your threads I will (just like you did with mine). I don't need to pm you sh*t. Don't even bother replying, you're just going to run on by yourself.
Offline Aj  
#51 Posted : 17 December 2009 08:37:46(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Aj wrote:

OOC: You're an idiot, and still don't know the difference between roleplay and OOC. And If I feel like I need to post on your threads I will (just like you did with mine). I don't need to pm you sh*t. Don't even bother replying, you're just going to run on by yourself.

ooc: I know the difference between being an asshole and just telling me that you've already released something with that art - if you had even a few strands of intelligence in your twisted little head you may have been able to work out that I haven't role played for more than two/three weeks so maybe I missed out what one of your precious artists was releasing? There's no need to be such a fucking pathetic asshole about everything.