logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 06 January 2010 07:29:49(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Interview with Billy Jacobs

Billy’s Profile
Band: Failed Youth
Instrument: Vocals; Piano
Other Projects: None

‘As I approach Billy, he looks up from his newspaper and smiles. A ciggerette hanging limply between his lips and his pint remaining untouched next to him. He took the ciggerette out of his mouth and stubbed it out on the pub table, leaving it like a sickly yellow skyscraper protruding from black rubble. He sticks his hand out and shakes it firmly, introducing himself with equal firmness.’

T: Hey, thanks for giving us some of your time. Firstly, it’s the question everyone’s had on their lips since you announced the line up for it – when’s the album going to be out?

B: Well we’re hoping to get it all nice and recorded sometime around 18th of January. We’ve already got a few artist’s who’ve already recorded their tracks and their awesome. My mate Jakey Comatose is sounding brilliant on a Bright Eyes cover and I’m surprisingly looking forward to hearing Stephanie’s take on Sade’s track ‘Soldier of Love’, because believe or not I do think she’s got a nice voice and she’s actually a decent lass so it’ll be good. Also really looking forward to K.I.C.K.A.R.S.E. and what they’re bringing to the album – it’s going to be an original like ours, and only the second on the album and will be released as a single after ours. But yeah, it’s coming along nicely and it’ll be with you early February.

T: You touched briefly on Jakey Comatose there, and you two have spoke of your friendship a few times in the past. How long have you known Jakey, and how close would you say you are to him?

B: Well I can’t exactly remember where we met, I think it was at one of the Birdie ceremonies though or at one of the after parties or it could have been in the Dirty Bastard – ain’t got a clue. But na I wouldn’t like to say how close we are together – for fear of being called a puff more than anything. But he’s definitely a great lad and when we went on tour with him earlier this year it was probably the best tour I’ve ever been on and it was amazing to learn from such an artist. I mean as widely different as most of our music is – on a lyrical level he’s definitely someone I look to for influence and take parts of his talent on board, and even down to a performance level I love the way he controls the crowd when playing live.

T: And you also said that you do like Stephanie Fierce there, what did you mean by that? As far as the public knew, you had a vendetta against basically every single pop musician in existence.

B: Oh come on now that isn’t really very fair. I mean sure I don’t like pop but I don’t not like the people who are involved in it. She’s a nice enough girl and she speaks her mind which I most respect about her. I mean I’m not saying I’d bang her or anything I just think she’s alright. Besides, I get the feeling Jack already has. Not that I’m saying she sleeps with junkies, just the way he looks at her in a kind of ‘I know your underwear’ way. Although he looks at most women that way. And I’ve never had a vendetta as such against pop, I just dislike mainstream music and media, and the way people leap on the same old average stuff and never appreciating anything, you know, like, original?

T: What are your opinions on Mind? They’re one of the major up and coming bands this coming year and their appearing on the album.

B: Well they’re a great bunch of people – very like-minded to us I guess. I would say mind the pun, but that would just dig me in a deeper hole. But anyway, yeah they’re a good band. They’re cover of Anarchy In The UK’s fucking awesome and of course from one Hardcore band to another I’ve got the upmost respect for them and wish them the best of luck in this fucked up industry. I’m sure they’ll do great, and if they don’t, I’ll buy a million copies of their stuff to get it on the charts cos they deserve to be up there – better than that Panic! or Ryan Ross Hernandez shit.

T: You don’t like Panic! then?

B: Not particularly. Well, not at all. I just find them an uninteresting mainstream load of pish to be honest. It’s just bland and boring. As much as they campaign ‘oh we’re rock we’re so revolutionary’, it’s just the same old boring shiyte. It’s not made any better by the fact that Ryan’s a fucking obnoxious asshole. He obviously knows how to sell a personality, how to sell music and how to sell the members but what he doesn’t know is anything about being a decent guy, anything about making music or anything about.. well, point is – he’s a dick. And the worse thing is the fact he has the balls to go and shit all over the work of other bands. I mean he’s never done anything to me, but I’ve seen what he says to other people and I don’t think he has any right to attack other bands when his band makes shitty music anyway.

T: Okay, fair enough. What would you say to critics who say the band have ‘sold out’ and that fame has gotten to your heads?

B: Fuck that. We’re still fucking mental. Did you listen to our last album? It was dark. Very dark. Sickenenly dark. But still intelligent. Jack’s a genius, that’s what people don’t realise. Our lyrics are complex, witty, angsty and rebellious – all in one line. We bring diversity to our song’s by playing deep, dark, menacing hardcore tunes and sticking exciting, interesting lyrics on top. And I mean I’m not Ryan, so I won’t go and blab about my lyrics but I think I like to bring elements of that into my lyrics too. And fame gotten to our heads? Naa. I take that as our drug use. Yeah, we set off anti-drugs, and now Jack’s on everything illegal apart from steroids – very conscious of his balls, our Jacky boy. But seriously, if you have the money – and we donate a lot to charity as well as our spare time, but if you’ve got the money why the hell not? It’s not like we cost the NHS anything we’re both members of private hospitals. We’ve always said – live fast, die young. My mate Ben in The Lost’s gone sober and gotten clean, but he’s got a bird. I don’t like women. Fanny’s and tit’s are awesome, but the actual women are usually complete cunt’s and not worth it.

T: Finally, what are the band going to do with the album after the charity one?

B: We’re going to record another album, hopefully it’s going to be really experimental. Probably political punk – that’s what we’re going for. Lyrically it’s going to be the usual but we want to spunk our discography up with something a little different. Frank Zappa style crazy. Also after that not sure, hardcore probably. But that’s too far ahead, right now we’re just going to tour tour and tour some more and record shit whenever we get the chance.

T: Thank’s very much for your time Billy, good luck with the album.

B: Cheers mate.

‘Billy smiles and stands up, taking out another ciggerette and leaving his still untouched pint on the table and walking out the pub doors with not another word. A strange young man, and definitely very interesting. I for one am looking forward to his autobiography.’

- Interview by Thomas Nelson

Edited by user 10 January 2010 05:46:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2010 03:35:02(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Glad to see someone likes us then! Thanks dude.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2010 03:51:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8575 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Max Armstrong - Awesome Interview I wish i was as comfortable in interview as you are, i'm always so nervous and tend to just want to get it over with, i'm much more at home on stage.

Edited by user 07 January 2010 03:53:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 10 January 2010 05:43:40(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Interview with Ben Alex

Ben’s Profile
Band: The Lost
Instrument: Vocals; Piano; Acoustic Guitar
Other Projects: None

When I first saw Ben, he and The Lost were at the height of their short lived career. Ben was an addict to pretty much everything on the planet, and was fast derailing into death. However, now, as I walk through the doors of the Cafe I see a completely new, reinvigerated young man. A cheerful, handsome tanned face - rid of all it's stage make up and sipping on a latte I can see what one woman has done to him. Just the one. Gone are the drugs, the alcohol - the lifestyle, and in their place is a kiss and a cuddle from an equally as extraordinary young lady.

T: So Ben, how's things going at the moment?

B: Amazing, to be honest. Absolutely fucking amazing. I'm engaged, now, to the woman I love. I'm off drugs - I'm a free man. And I can do whatever I want with my life now.

T: Good to hear, mate. Now I know this is a music interview, so we'll get onto that in a minute but I just want to ask you about you life now. Where are you living, what are you doing - just what's going on in your life.

B: Um, well. A lot of stuff - I've got an awesome apartment here in London overlooking the Thames which I'm living in at the moment with Leslie, and I'm currently writing my autobiography which should be in the print pretty soon. I've been doing tons of interviews and TV shows like Never Mind The Buzzcocks, which was awesome. Also got interviewed by Jonathan Ross, had my own 'day' on Radio 1 - just fucking living it man. Being a celeb'. *laughs* Na but I've been doing important stuff to, like recently I went to stay in Somalia and saw a ton of shit, really made me think about what I'm doing and have been doing with my life, and so I've been in talks with some people and we're hopefully going to start up some schools over there, and also I'm going to found my own Hospice charity soon. So yeah - I've been pretty busy.

T: Awesome! It sure sounds it, does that give you any time to think about music?

B: Aha, not much no! Liam rang me up and we pretty much organised the release of the tapes there and then, we only sat down the other day to sort out the copyright shit. But still, it did remind me of how much I miss the whole thing - the live shows and stuff. I mean nothing beats playing Wembley. Nothing. Not even the best shot of heroin or line of cocaine or the best orgasm. It's just amazing, and I really wanna get back to playing gigs and stuff. Hopefully I'll be founding my own project. But annoyingly Mike and Ian are being dicks about The Lost and we can't use the name or anything. Me and Liam are talking about a comeback but it's far from definite. I'm just looking at all my possibilities at the moment, but I wanna put my responsibilities first, like Leslie and mine's marriage and the school programme and all that. But yeah, you heard it here first - Liam and Ben are talking about a comeback! *laughs*

T: Sounds great, if there is a comeback when's it most likely to be?

B: Ahh well, like I said nothings sure yet but if there is one it'll probably be around May-ish time. Don't know but we'll have to record some stuff obviously and then do a tour off that and all that takes a load of planning and shit so earliest you'll see it if it does happen is May.

ooc: Just a lickle interview. :)

Edited by user 10 January 2010 05:44:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified