logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2010 22:17:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

This Is Who I Am is the debut album from Alicia Lena. It is set to be released on Monday 10th May 2010 and has already gained huge interest from fans and musicians. She began working on the album towards the end of February and she called in some favours from some of the biggest names in music currently. The album was recorded at The Hit Factory, New York. She began writing songs for the album in 2009 and she had 32 songs to choose from for the album.
The album will feature the single New York Love Affair (Feat. Stephanie Fierce) which peaked at 26 in the South American singles chart.

The tracklisting is:

All songs written by Alicia Lena
1. - Don't Break My Heart No More
2. - Never Felt This Way (Before We Met)
3. - Heartbroken In Love
4. - New York Love Affair (Feat. Stephanie Fierce)
5. - We Ain't Gonna Grow Old Together
6. - Rooftops (Feat. Ryan Ross Hernandez)
7. - Party-Starter (Feat. Tisha Jackson!!!!)
8. - New Developments
9. - More Than You'll Ever Know
10. - Clarity (Feat. Moquel)

Alicia had this to say.
"I'm so excited about and hope that everyone likes it, I know there is some expectations for it to be a big success but I'd be happy if it was in the Top 20 album charts. I'd also like to thank everyone who worked with me on the album, Stephanie, Ryan, Tisha And Moquel, you were all a pleasure to work with and I'd love to work with you all again sometime in the future. I hope you all enjoy the final product."
- Alicia

(OOC: I'll post the chart positions on here when we get them.)
Offline Johnny Cobain  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2010 23:48:26(UTC)
Johnny Cobain

Groups: Registered

I can't wait for this album, I love " New York Love Affair" such an amazing song! I'll be in line the first day to get this!
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2010 23:50:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Johnny Cobain wrote:
I can't wait for this album, I love " New York Love Affair" such an amazing song! I'll be in line the first day to get this!

"Thanks so much, I'm quite nervous about with it being my debut but I think it's pretty good and I hope everyone likes it."
- Alicia
Offline SuicideParty  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2010 23:54:10(UTC)
SuicideParty

This album is going to be hot hot hot!. You did an amazing job with this!

- Murder
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2010 23:56:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

SuicideParty wrote:
This album is going to be hot hot hot!. You did an amazing job with this!

- Murder

"Thanks, Metamorphosis & Junction Records have been amazing with me and I'm very proud of the final product, It dosen't make me less nervous though, Thanks for the love and support guys."
- Alicia
Offline Moquel  
#6 Posted : 06 May 2010 09:25:18(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Hell Yeah! RNB is coming thu. Let me tell you baby, I can't wait to this album is out. I will be the first to get it and the track with me and you. Great energy and soul boo! Good luck. Call me"
- Moquel

" Calm down, Moquel before you get a boner for too much excitement"
- Shaun Daniels
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 06 May 2010 21:40:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Moquel wrote:
" Hell Yeah! RNB is coming thu. Let me tell you baby, I can't wait to this album is out. I will be the first to get it and the track with me and you. Great energy and soul boo! Good luck. Call me"
- Moquel

" Calm down, Moquel before you get a boner for too much excitement"
- Shaun Daniels

"Thanks, I really enjoyed working with you and I can't wait to do it again."
- Alicia
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 10 May 2010 05:05:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Alicia: Hey guys, just thought i'd update you guys. I'll post the chart positions on Tuesday, the album will be released on Monday evening.
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 10 May 2010 21:22:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Alicia Lena was on the WBLI 106.1FM this morning discussing each individual track and the recording process of her debut album This Is Who I Am.

Presenter: So your new album This Is Who I Am drops on Monday evening, how are you feeling, it’s usually a nervous time for musicians?

Alicia: Yeah I’m definitely nervous about it but I’m also very excited I really can’t wait to see how it does and hopefully people like it.

Presenter: Well I’m sure it’ll be a huge success and you’ve got some huge names to perform on some tracks, how did that come about?

Alicia: I had an idea of who I wanted, it was like a list of my dream collaborators and we got all of the main one’s I wanted. Max really helped with that and I have to thank him a lot he really helped get some great people on board

Presenter: What was it like to perform with those huge superstars of music?

Alicia: Probably one of the scariest things I’ve had to do. Obviously I’m new to the music industry so I was completely starstruck really. We got Stephanie Fierce on board early on and that was a huge coup for me because I’m a huge fan of her music mainly her earlier stuff but that was an honour. Then we got Tisha Jackson who is a really close personal friend of mine now, We worked well together and quickly became good friends so that was great. Then I found out that Ryan Ross was interested in working on a track and he also produced 4 songs which was fantastic, he’s really one of the funniest guys I’ve met and he’s music is amazing. And finally I wrapped up the album with Moquel which was great because I didn’t know him, I heard one of his songs before we worked together and it was unbelievable, I really liked working with Moquel because we just fit each other perfectly and he’s become a person I really admire and we’re really great friends.

Presenter: Rumours would have it that you two are more than just friends, what can you tell us about your recent meeting?

Alicia: I’d rather not say, It’s a bit too soon to be commenting on it, but we spent a great evening together, he’s a true gent and I enjoy his company. But I don’t want to give too much away about the other night.

Presenter: Well we look forward to your album, could you explain the songs from your album before you go?

Alicia: Sure

Don’t Break My Heart No More
This is pretty much self-explanatory. It’s about letting go of someone. If you’ve had your heart broken before this song could really speak to you. It’s about not letting yourself fall in love because of fear of having your heart broken. It’s not something I’d recommend.

Never Felt This Way (Before We Met)
It’s a slow song compared to some of the other tracks on the album. It’s about someone who’s about 25 years old who’s never been in love before, But towards the end of the song she does fall in love for the first time. It’s one of my favourite’s from the album.

Heartbroken In Love
There’s a lot of songs on this album about love and having your heartbroken. Again it’s pretty self explanatory, if I’m honest. It’s almost like part 2 of Don’t Break My Heart No More. I wrote this song immediately after a break up.

New York Love Affair (Feat. Stephanie Fierce)
Ahh, the lead single from the album. It’s kind of about my love of New York. It’s about a girl who leaves LA for New York with her friends and is just amazed by the lights of New York. I enjoyed working with Stephanie a lot but to be honest it’s not my favourite song from the album but it’s pretty good.

We Ain't Gonna Grow Old Together
This one’s just a case of realising that the person your with isn’t the person your gonna grow old with. It’s about the search for the clichéd “ONE”. The person your gonna grow old with.

Rooftops (Feat. Ryan Ross Hernandez)
A great song, I loved working with Ryan on this. It’s a great anthem type of song with a catchy chorus, Scream It From The Rooftops, Show Me What You Got. I was delighted when I finished recording it and I heard it fully formed for the first time.

Party-Starter (Feat. Tisha Jackson!!!!)
I love it, It’s sort of the opposite of what you’ve heard from the album so far. Most of the album is about heartbreak and love but this one’s about having fun with friends, just partying until the early hours of the morning. And I couldn’t think of anyone better to have on the song than Tisha she’s just the most fun person to be around. If you ever get the chance to party with her then don’t hesitate. This song is going to be the 3rd single, I think it’s gonna be released in August - September.

New Developments
It’s the most stripped down song on the album. It’s just me the piano and emotion. If you’ve ever met someone randomly who you’ve instantly fallen in love with then you’ll like this song.

More Than You'll Ever Know
It’s kind of autobiographical it’s about having a past which you don’t regret, but which you’ve put behind you and the fact that you’re a different person now. The fact that people think they know everything about you but in reality they only know the person they see in magazines and on TV.

Clarity (Feat. Moquel)
This song is about seeing someone for who they actually are. I’ve dated someone who wasn’t a really nice person but I never saw that because I was kind of in love, so the song is about having clarity and seeing him for who he really is. I’m very happy with it, it’s a great song.
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 12 May 2010 01:47:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Alicia: Turns out I won't get the chart positions until Wednesday or Thursday. But the album was released on Monday so make sure to get your copy.
Offline Moquel  
#11 Posted : 12 May 2010 09:01:23(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" It was awesome working with you. Your very talened and you deseve every success!"
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 12 May 2010 09:11:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Moquel wrote:
" It was awesome working with you. Your very talened and you deseve every success!"
- Moquel

Alicia: Thanks it was great working with you, i hope to do it again sometime.
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 12 May 2010 09:44:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Chart positions are in sooner rather than later.
Week One
UK - 24
USA - 33
South America - 20
Asia - 54
World - 117

(OOC: Quite dissapointed to say the least. There should be a huge increase in chart positions on the next update hopefully.)

Edited by user 12 May 2010 09:59:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 13 May 2010 09:43:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Week Two
UK - 23
USA - 22
South America - 17
Asia - 33
World - 113
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 21 May 2010 20:51:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

"This Is Who I Am has sold over 1 million copies, thanks to everyone who has purchased the album it's truly appreciated."
- Alicia
Offline chopper1156  
#16 Posted : 22 May 2010 08:27:40(UTC)
chopper1156

Man

Jason:It was good, not really my style, but I got it anyway, and liked it too!
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 22 May 2010 08:32:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

chopper1156 wrote:
Jason:It was good, not really my style, but I got it anyway, and liked it too!

Alicia: Thanks, it's nice to know that a different range of people liked the album.
Online erich hess  
#18 Posted : 22 May 2010 16:26:01(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
erich:yeah,it was a killer.karoliena and i may hide it when people come over.but we do love your work.

karoliena:people come over to see us?

erich:yeah,remember that deon guy came over monday? we would totally lose psychobilly cred points if he spotted an alicia lena album on our coffee table.

karoliena:he sells us drugs.i doubt he cares about our musical library.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 22 May 2010 20:01:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

erich hess wrote:
erich:yeah,it was a killer.karoliena and i may hide it when people come over.but we do love your work.

karoliena:people come over to see us?

erich:yeah,remember that deon guy came over monday? we would totally lose psychobilly cred points if he spotted an alicia lena album on our coffee table.

karoliena:he sells us drugs.i doubt he cares about our musical library.

Alicia: That's awesome I'm glad you liked, I understand why you would hide it, but all that matters is that you like.
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#20 Posted : 23 May 2010 05:31:15(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
"This Is Who I Am has sold over 1 million copies, thanks to everyone who has purchased the album it's truly appreciated."
- Alicia

Tisha: I am so happy for you. Congratulations on all of your success.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage