logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2010 01:31:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
ALICIA LENA
PRESENTS
ROOFTOPS (FEAT. RYAN ROSS HERNANDEZ)

UserPostedImage

Recorded: 4th Street Studio's, Manhattan, NYC, March 16th 2010
Released: 21st August 2010
Genre: Pop/Jazz/Soul/Blues/Alt. Rock
Length: 6:23
Producer: Ryan Ross Hernandez and Alicia Lena
Label: Junction Records!

Writing & Recording
Rooftops is a song co-written by Ryan Ross Hernandez and Alicia Lena for her debut album This Is Who I Am. It's the 4th single to be released from her hugely succesfull debut album.
The song began to form in February after Alicia Lena travelled to Los Angeles, California to meet with Ryan Ross Hernandez to discuss a collaboration, the two spent an afternoon together in a Los Angeles record studio putting together ideas and begining the writing proccess of the song with Alicia playing piano and Hernandez playing guitar, it was a very productive jam session and within a couple of days the song was pretty much finished.
The two then met up at 4th Street Studios in New York to record the song with Alicia and Hernandez both sharing vocals on the track, once it was finished Hernandez then took the recorded version back to Los Angeles to finish the production on it and withing a week the song was completed fully.
In an interview prior to the albums release date Alicia said that Rooftops was her favourite song on the record and said that she loved working with Ryan Ross Hernandez.

Tracklisting
1. Rooftops (Feat. Ryan Ross Hernandez) - [6:23]
2. When You Had The Blues - [3:18]
3. Everyone Remembers (The Good Times) - [4:02]

LYRICS
Rooftops

Walk hand in hand tonight
I’ll keep your heart with mine
And we’ll hold onto hope this time
Is it worth the crime, that’s all I ask

Looking out from my window
Manhattan looks so small
I can see down the alleyways and I can see Carnegie hall

We’ll meet up after the show
And we’ll climb the stairs above
I’ll smile at you, you’ll stare back at me
And I’ll confess my love

I wanna shout it from the rooftops
And you can feel my teardrops
Shout it from the rooftops
Confess my love tonight
And baby hold on tight

The whisper of the wind
Comes blowing through my hair
Your scaring me with that piercing look
An uncomfortable stair

It’s takes three little words
Why is it so hard for you to say
Three little words could change my life today

Just shout it from the rooftops
Baby confess your love
Scream it from above

You take my hand and grasp it tight
We can’t be in love not tonight
I need time to sort things out
I don’t know where I’m going
Such small words can really get my blood flowing

Don’t shout it from the rooftops
I can’t commit that way
Please not today

Our love has to end in a whirlwind of pain
If you fall in love, it’s only you to blame
I can’t commit to you that way
Don’t shout from the rooftops today

Edited by user 10 August 2010 02:08:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2010 06:33:52(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Alicia, you know that we are going to be on the edge of the seat for this single! Alicia and Ryan together, got damn!"
- G2L
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2010 06:40:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Moquel wrote:
" Alicia, you know that we are going to be on the edge of the seat for this single! Alicia and Ryan together, got damn!"
- G2L

"Yeah, even I'm looking forward to seeing what people think of it. It's definitely my favourite song of This Is Who I Am and working with Ryan was an amazing experience, the guys an incredible songwriter and one of the funniest people I've met."
- Alicia
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2010 02:07:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

ROOFTOPS LYRICS
Walk hand in hand tonight
I’ll keep your heart with mine
And we’ll hold onto hope this time
Is it worth the crime, that’s all I ask

Looking out from my window
Manhattan looks so small
I can see down the alleyways and I can see Carnegie hall

We’ll meet up after the show
And we’ll climb the stairs above
I’ll smile at you, you’ll stare back at me
And I’ll confess my love

I wanna shout it from the rooftops
And you can feel my teardrops
Confess my love tonight
And baby hold on tight

The whisper of the wind
Comes blowing through my hair
Your scaring me with that piercing look
An uncomfortable stair

It’s takes three little words
Why is it so hard for you to say
Three little words could change my life today

Just shout it from the rooftops
Baby confess your love
Scream it from above

You take my hand and grasp it tight
We can’t be in love not tonight
I need time to sort things out
I don’t know where I’m going
Such small words can really get my blood flowing

I can’t commit that way
Please not today

Our love has to end in a whirlwind of pain
If you fall in love, it’s only you to blame
I can’t commit to you that way
Don’t shout from the rooftops today
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2010 04:43:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Hey guys, I just want to say that the response to this single has been inredible. It has already had 80,000 pre-orders since last Saturday. I just want to thank everyone who has pre-ordered the single. Also I was on New York 10.5fm for a radio interview this morning and I'll post the transript on here if you couldn't get to a radio in time.

Edited by user 11 August 2010 05:38:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 11 August 2010 05:48:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

NEW YORK 10.5FM

Johnny Flinders: Ok so today we’re joined by Alicia Lena who is here to tell us about her upcoming single from her smash debut album This Is Who I Am. So Alicia welcome to the tiresome world of early morning radio

Alicia: Thank you, I’m usually awake at this time so it’s not a problem, I’m glad to be here.

Johnny Flinders: Ok, so your debut year as a professional singer with a record deal has been incredible, you’ve worked with huge names, released a hugely successful debut record and your considered one of the nicest people in the industry. How do you feel with all the success of this year?

Alicia: I’ve loved every minute of it, this time last year I was doing a very boring job, working as a receptionist at a small paper merchants, and now I‘ve met some amazing people had crazy success. I’ve loved the meeting great people part of my job now, and it’s great to be able to say that I’m a professional singer-songwriter. I’m still getting used to the attention but it’s all good.

Johnny Flinders: Ok so the reason you’re here is to talk about your upcoming single Rooftops

Alicia: Yeah, well Rooftops is a song I co-wrote with Ryan Ross Hernandez and he‘s featured on the song, playing guitar and providing vocals along with me, It sort of sticks with what you‘d maybe come to expect from me but there‘s a more RNB type of feel to it and I think Ryan‘s brought a lot of his own blues rock type of style to it, but yeah I‘m sure fans will like it and hopefully it does well.

Johnny Flinders: So what was it like working with Ryan, is he as you‘d expect?

Alicia: Well overall I spent maybe 7 hours with him, so I don‘t really know, it‘s hard to gauge a persons personality and style in 7 hours, but from the time I worked with him he came across as a confident person who had all kinds of ideas. He seemed very creative and he’s easy to work with because he makes you feel so comfortable around him and even after spending only 7 hours with him I kind of felt like a friend of his now. But yeah he’s a great guy, I don’t read to much into the media portrayal of him, but I enjoyed every minute working with him.

Johnny Flinders: Well, that‘s good, when can we expect the single to be released?

Alicia: It‘s gonna be released on 21st August and you can pre-order it now via Itunes and Amazon, my official website and many other music outlets. I’ve already got 80,000 pre-orders in on my official website.

Johnny Flinders: So what inspired the song?

Alicia: It‘s not really from personal experience, myself and Ryan started throwing ideas around for the song in February and it just sort of formed into a song, we met up in LA and I played piano and he played guitar and we just started playing to see what happened and out of the blue came this song, I usually develop songs over a period of time, they don’t usually just happen but for some bizarre reason this just came out very easily and quickly. There‘s not much to say about it really.

Johnny Flinders: Sounds magical. So you can tick Ryan Ross Hernandez, Stephanie Fierce and Tisha Jackson off your list of collaborators. Who’s next?

Alicia: Well I‘d love to work with each of them again sometime in the future but nothing will be happening on that for a few years at least, unless they come to me with a collaboration request because my next album is going to be collaboration free. In terms of who I‘d love to work with in the future there‘s a few people, Umm, Miss Vanity is an obvious one, I quite like Green Leaf at the moment, I think G2L would be a bit too obvious but maybe at some point. I‘d be up for a more rock oriented collaboration with maybe The Voyd or Reckoner, Maybe someone like Silver Spoons, Ashley Perry there‘s so many amazing people to choose from.

Johnny Flinders: What about your love life, anything going on there?

Alicia: No, well nothing serious. I‘ve been on a couple of dates with a guy recently and we‘re sort of just gonna see what happens, no pressure. But I‘m still technically single. Poor me, *Smiles*

Johnny Flinders: I’m sure your not short of offers, you are after all one of the most attractive women in music right now.

Alicia: Oh thanks, that‘s very kind of you.

Johnny Flinders: Well there’s only one more thing we need to do know and that’s play your song request.

Alicia: Oh, umm how about … Stand By Me. I know it’s a very predictable song but I wasn’t expecting to pick a song.

Edited by user 11 August 2010 06:34:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 22 August 2010 00:22:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

CHART POSITIONS
USA - 8
UK - 17
Asia - 12
Europe - 22
South America - 19

Edited by user 22 August 2010 00:23:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified