logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 26 October 2013 20:37:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Girls Like You Should Stick To The Bedroom”
Artist: Pierced Souls Burn Brightest
Release Date: October 27, 2013
Length: 4:36
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: October 2013 – Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genres: Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock, Rock
Label: Songs to Love and Die By
Written: September 2013
Writer(s): Jacob Santino, Tyler James Sawyer, William Dawson, Jamie Kennedy
Producer(s): Pierced Souls Burn Brightest, Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“Girls Like You Should Stick To The Bedroom” is a song by an American alternative rock four-piece band called ‘Pierced Souls Burn Brightest’, and it is the debut single released from the band that entered the music industry towards the end of 2013 and will be taken as the lead single from their upcoming and as-yet-untitled debut album. The band that hail from Phoenix, Arizona have built a small but dedicated following around Arizona and some parts of California due to the fact that they’ve performed regularly for the past few years in and around the west-coast of the United States and with the signing of their first ever recording contract it’s expected that their fanbase could rapidly increase as the group of young musicians look set to unleash their own blend of infectious hooks and energetic instrumentals onto an expectant audience in an attempt to finally kick-start their careers in the music industry.
It was Amy Meyer who was the first to act on the band, as she saw a similarity with this band as that which her own band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ had when they were first starting out, she recently discussed what attracted her to the most recent signing to her record label ‘Pierced Souls Burn Brightest’. “I caught a couple of live shows and I was interested and intrigued, they already clearly knew what their sound was. The songs that they performed at their live shows were so addictive that I kinda thought, well these have to be put out there to a wider audience. It wasn’t until speaking with the band that I saw a little of Riot! in these guys, we spoke about music and the industry and what they wanted to achieve and it was so clear that this band are ambitious, I mean for an unsigned band to be so confident in what they want to achieve was what stuck with me. This is a band that don’t see the limitations of being labelled as a rock or alternative act, they’re a band that I believe will transcend all genres and images and labels and just be known for being really really great, it’s all there waiting for them, I firmly believe that and I can’t wait to watch things hopefully explode for them.”

The music was composed by the entire band with the song’s lyrics being mostly crafted by lead guitarist Jacob Santino, with additional help by lead vocalist Tyler James Sawyer. The track was written around early September 2013, it was written before the band officially signed their first ever recording contract and it was one of the songs that they performed during a private audition for the ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ boss, which evidently helped the Arizona four-piece band convince Amy Meyer to sign them to her record label. The track was then recorded in early October, recently after they signed their record deal but before they were officially announced by the label. The song was recorded at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada, the recording studio owned by Riot! In The Boulevard and used by a couple of labelmates.
The track was produced by ‘Pierced Souls Burn Brightest’, ‘Amy Meyer’ and ‘Christian Fallon’ and it will be released on October 27, 2013 in various formats including CD Single, Digital Download and 7” Single and will also be made available for Weekly Airplay. The band will also debut their presence on iTunes and YouTube with the song being made available as an instant download prior to its official worldwide release date as well as a lyric video being created for the single and debuting via both the ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ and ‘PSBB’ official youtube pages. All versions of the debut single will be made available through ‘Songs to Love and Die By’.

Background & Song Description

The debut single from ‘Pierced Souls Burn Brightest’ was initially mapped out as a slow ballad with slightly different lyrics to the final version that you hear today. The track began as a song about a boy trying to let go of his love for his high school sweetheart who often cheated on him, but the band came to the conclusion that the track sounded a little too whiney and needed a better tone and lyrical modification. Primary songwriter on the track ‘Jacob Santino’ re-wrote a couple of alternative versions of the song and eventually the band settled on the version that they are now releasing as their debut single. According to ‘Jacob Santino’ the version they decided on felt ideal. “I can write a million sappy love ballads about girls who’ve treated the good guys like sh*t, I can write a million of em’ because it’s something I’ve experienced a lot. But we don’t want our music to go in that direction, yet we’re new and we’re still figuring out who we are, so we’re gonna probably end up creating a couple of stinkers along the way. However, I think that our debut single is perfect for us, firstly because it’s doesn’t take itself too seriously, it’s kind of a tongue-in-cheek sort of track. But there’s an underlying seriousness there about celebrity culture, if people want to delve that deep into it. That helped change the song around for us, in terms of what it was initially about and what it appears to be about on the face of it, you look at it and it’s just a song about a slutty girl. But then when you apply the lyrics to the nature of celebrity and fame then you’ll perhaps see it as an honest interpretation of the downfall of modern day celebrity and what it means to be famous.”

The song begins with a bouncy lead guitar riff which is then overpowered by the electronic sound of a synthesizer, it’s layered over the guitar and is full of echo effects and a screeching wail that you’d imagine would help make the song instantly recognizable. It then fades into the background as the lead guitar, bass guitar and drums move to the forefront of the songs instrumentation which also helps lead into the opening verse of the song, sung by ‘Tyler James Sawyer’ with an upbeat and unique vocal style which could be a perfect fit for the pop-rock genre as evidenced from the very beginning of the opening vocals in the song as he sets the mood, “They say she’s impossible to talk to/But I don’t ever hear them complaining about the view/Yeah, designed to perfection/Forever searching in the wrong direction.” which leads into a vocal increase as Tyler’s vocal becomes much more powerful and once again we witness the use of the echo on this debut track from the band as the lead singer bellows out the rest of the verse, “They should have learnt that they don’t find love in a bar at three in the morning/Take the notches on her bedpost as some kind of warning/She’s got the moves down to a tee/Yeah, but you won’t find her hypnotising me/I got more pride than that/As a matter of fact.” all of which is done over a energetic musical backdrop and mostly from the combination of lead and bass guitars.

A brief guitar riff from ‘Jacob Santino’ leads the band into the songs chorus early on, “I think girls like you should stick to the bedroom/Cos’ we know the guys prefer you like that/Yeah, it’s just a matter of fact/All the guys like you better when you’re on your back/So just stick to the bedroom/And from what I’ve heard, they’ll be coming pretty soon/Girls like you should stick to the bedroom/Forever known as the memorable fling/While boys like me/Search for the real thing.” and already it shows you the tongue-in-cheek nature of this new bands songwriting, it doesn’t particularly take itself too seriously as they use a slightly different songwriting style that seems to work well in combination with the bouncy instrumentals and the vocal delivery of the lead singer. The bass and drums then provide a good combination and balance with each other as what I guess you’d call a post-chorus arrives in the song, the whole structure of the song seems to have been written differently than the basic verse/pre-chorus/chorus/verse/pre-chorus/chorus/verse/chorus that you tend to see in modern music, but it’s clear that this band is about energetic hooks and catchy choruses, not really too afraid to try things in a slightly less conventional way and as the post-chorus arrives amidst the backbeats of the bass and drums, ‘Jacob Santino’ gets an opportunity to add some vocals into the mix, however it is more like a shout from a distance as Tyler sings “Night after night” and the voice of Santino can be heard following that up with “They’ll be dancing” and it continues with “Drink after drink (late night romancing)/Hour after hour (you’ll be taking her home)/Morning after morning (you’ll both feel alone)” providing yet another unexpected element to the song, once again in an offbeat manner.

All three of the instruments combine as we reach another verse and the addition of the piano provided by lead vocalist ‘Tyler James Sawyer’ adds a little more melodic beauty into the song quite apt for two verses that prove very quickly that the band aren’t quite all just about fun and energy, they prove that they can write and perform just as meaningfully as any of the top pop-rock acts in the industry right now, as the lyrics change the pace, “I’ll keep on searching for however long it may take/For that special someone to find her place/In my life, my beautifully fragile life/I’ll keep searching for her and when I find her/You better believe I’ll make her my wife/Because I know she’ll be special/More than just the girl from the night before/Yeah, I know she’ll be special/More than just a skanky four am whore” okay, so maybe they aren’t quite ready to not include some sort of light-hearted phrase or lyric amidst the seriousness but they have quickly proven themselves to be accomplished musicians and a very well connected band musically, the melodic theme continues for the final verse as they send a message to any guys that may be looking for a drunken night of romance, “Some girls look for love/Search for romance that they refuse to believe to be dead/Some girls look for a quick fix/Give them a smile and they’ll take you straight to bed/Some girls like natural beauty, style and fashion/Some are just waiting for a meaningless night of empty passion/So when you find girls like this, just run/They’re a great big mess/Seriously just run, it ain’t worth the stress” whether the lyrics are written from personal experience remains to be seen.
The piano disappears from the song as it comes towards it’s end, the combination of bass, lead and drums revert back to the main point of the song and the lyrics and vocal delivery remain very much the same as earlier as we reach the post-chorus which has now become a pre-chorus and then once again we hear the chorus that many will no doubt enjoy singing along in their bedroom or even in clubs to. All in all, not the worst debut single ever, right?

Band Message

Quote:
“What up universe?! I hope you’re keeping well!
So we have been sitting on a record deal for a matter of weeks and already we have something to offer you insanely sexy civilians out there in the world. Yup, we have been working hard on crafting our debut album, writing and recording endlessly has proven to be a lot more tiring than we could have ever anticipated. Sadly we cannot bring you news regarding our debut album, however we promise to bring you some hit songs from the record and we intend to sporadically release singles as often as we possibly can, of course we won’t be releasing every song because then you would have no reason to buy the album, but we hope to give you what we think are the best snippets of our debut album.

So lets take a moment to talk about what we’re supposed to talk about! Yes, our debut single is a track called ‘Girls Like You Should Stick To The Bedroom’ and it’s very self-explanatory to be honest. We wanted to put something out that best represents who we are as musicians and as a band and we hope that this will give you all a very good idea of who we are and where we plan on going with our music. Essentially we like our music to be upbeat and energetic, funky rhythms and big sexy hooks that you can’t seem to get out of your heads. Don’t be alarmed though, we aren’t just a fun and games sort of band, we like to put a lot of feeling and emotions into the music that we create.
We do really hope that you enjoy our debut effort. I’m sure that you’ve all met someone that you’d like to dedicate this song to, there’s a lot of whorey people out there and so rather than being polite and role-model-esque, we believe that they should hear this song and we also believe that you should make it very clear that they are not acceptable human beings and that the decisions that they make are always very very bad.
So for all you slutty people in the world, we ‘Pierced Souls Burn Brightest’ dedicate this beautiful song to you, we hope that you enjoy it so.”

- ‘Pierced Souls Burn Brightest’ XoxoX :) <3

Lyrics

“They say she’s impossible to talk to
But I don’t ever hear them complaining about the view
Yeah, designed to perfection
Forever searching in the wrong direction
They should have learnt that they don’t find love in a bar at three in the morning
Take the notches on her bedpost as some kind of warning
She’s got the moves down to a tee
Yeah, but you won’t find her hypnotising me
I got more pride than that
As a matter of fact

I think girls like you should stick to the bedroom
Cos’ we know the guys prefer you like that
Yeah, it’s just a matter of fact
All the guys like you better when you’re on your back
So just stick to the bedroom
And from what I’ve heard, they’ll be coming pretty soon
Girls like you should stick to the bedroom
Forever known as the memorable fling
While boys like me
Search for the real thing

Night after night (they’ll be dancing)
Drink after drink (late night romancing)
Hour after hour (you’ll be taking her home)
Morning after morning (you’ll both feel alone)
But only one of you will feel shame
Who will it be?
Who’ll be the one to blame?

I’ll keep on searching for however long it may take
For that special someone to find her place
In my life, my beautifully fragile life
I’ll keep searching for her and when I find her
You better believe I’ll make her my wife
Because I know she’ll be special
More than just the girl from the night before
More than just a skanky four am whore

Some girls look for love
Search for romance that they refuse to believe to be dead
Some girls look for a quick fix
Give them a smile and they’ll take you straight to bed
Some girls like natural beauty, style and fashion
Some are just waiting for a meaningless night of empty passion
So when you find girls like this, just run
They’re a great big mess
Seriously just run, it ain’t worth the stress

Night after night (they’ll be dancing)
Drink after drink (late night romancing)
Hour after hour (you’ll be taking her home)
Morning after morning (you’ll both feel alone)
But only one of you will feel shame
Who will it be?
Who’ll be the one to blame?

I think girls like you should stick to the bedroom
Cos’ we know the guys prefer you like that
Yeah, it’s just a matter of fact
All the guys like you better when you’re on your back
So just stick to the bedroom
And from what I’ve heard, they’ll be coming pretty soon
Girls like you should stick to the bedroom
Forever known as the memorable fling
While boys like me
Search for the real thing”

Personnel
Tyler James Sawyer – lead vocals, piano, lyrics, production, composition
Jacob Santino – lead guitar, backing vocals, synths, lyrics, production, composition
William Dawson – bass guitar, production, composition
Jamie Kennedy – drums, percussion, production, composition
Amy Meyer – production
Christian Fallon – production, mixing, engineering

Sound Alike

Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 26/10/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 26/10/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/10/2013(UTC), Walton on 27/10/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 27/10/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 28/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 28/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 26 October 2013 23:44:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Ahhh, I knew I'd love this :)

Ooc: Lol I love these lyrics :P Great job sir, you're on a roll.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/10/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 28 October 2013 04:18:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: Ahhh, I knew I'd love this :)

Ooc: Lol I love these lyrics :P Great job sir, you're on a roll.

Jacob: Of course, what's not to love!

OOC: Thaaaaaanks! :) I'm wary that I've released a lot of singles recently, so the hope is that they're all different enough from each other!

thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/10/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 28 October 2013 06:13:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel: I personally think Girls should stick to the kitchen. But who says you can't multitask?

Barbarian: Oh hellllll naw! I love the song though!

OOC: Love this, kind a funny in some wasy lol ;)

Edited by user 28 October 2013 06:13:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/10/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 28 October 2013 06:38:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Daniel: I personally think Girls should stick to the kitchen. But who says you can't multitask?

Barbarian: Oh hellllll naw! I love the song though!

OOC: Love this, kind a funny in some wasy lol ;)

Tyler: Haha oooooooh, Daniel just lost a large portion of his female fanbase right there! Thank you Barbarian you sexy beast you!

OOC: Thanks, this one I put slightly more effort into :P Glad that you liked it! :)