logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 28 September 2014 04:45:51(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Heart Drop
Artist: Sara Daniels
Genre: pop rock, pop punk, dance-pop
Length: 42:36
Recorded: August 2012 - August 2014
Label: Titanic Records
Writers: Sara Daniels, Vara Gallo, Reza Vranitzky, Mark Petry
Producers: Reza Vranitzky, Damion Holmes, Dr. Duke, The Wolverines

Personnel:
Sara Daniels - vocals, guitar, piano
Kathleen Roberts - guitar, piano, keyboards, bass
Mary Russell - drums, guitar, bass, piano
Kent Lindley - guitar, bass, keyboards
Rochelle Kress - synthesizers, keyboard, guitar
Joyce Lewis - strings, violins
Kevin O'Leary - drums
Amanda Singletary - drums
Jeremy Parker - drums
Robert Graham - drums

Tracklist:
1. Bad News, Baby
(written by: Sara Daniels)

2. Feels Right

3. Good Enough (feat. Vara Gallo)
(written by: Sara Daniels, Vara Gallo)

4. Obsession

5. Where the Lights Shine
(written by: Sara Daniels, Reza Vranitzky)

6. Bitched & Cried

7. Taken

8. Can't Fight
(written by: Sara Daniels, Mark Petry)

9. Blah Blah Blah
(written by: Sara Daniels, Reza Vranitzky, Vara Gallo)

10. Heart Drop

11. Smile For You

12. Hate You (feat. Maddie Urie)
(written by: Sara Daniels, Reza Vranitzky)

Edited by user 02 October 2014 12:35:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 12 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 28/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/09/2014(UTC), kandii on 28/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 28/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 28/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 29/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/10/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 03/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 06/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#2 Posted : 29 September 2014 02:16:29(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Bad News, Baby
ARTIST: Sara Daniels
WRITERS: Sara Daniels
LENGTH: 3:16
GENRE: Rock, pop rock, heavy rock
PRODUCER: Reza Vranitzky

Sara Daniels starts off her debut album with a pop-rock styled song called "Bad News, Baby," written by herself and produced by Reza Vranitzky. The songs opens the album, giving the listeners an idea of what Sara is going to be bringing to the table. The mix of it's heavy rock components (strong guitar presence, steady beat, loud vocals), mixed with the light pop components (echoing vocals, bouncy lyrics, general light feeling to the song) is a pretty well-placed representation of the type of music the album will have on it.

The song itself, written by Sara Daniels alone, is about being in a relationship with somebody that drives you crazy, but you can't leave them. She starts off by describing a situation that they're in a lot - being with friends in public, and having to act like they're not angry at each other right now. Apparently they've gotten pretty good at faking it, because nobody seems to think that their smiles and cheap laughs are fake. Later, when they're alone again, Sara describes their fights as a "slow combat," giving the mental image of tension slowly rising more and more until finally they blow up at each other. They've driven each other to drinking already, but Sara states that even with all of this animosity towards each other, she could never leave him. In the chorus, she painfully states that neither of them have trust or faith in the other one, and that they can't handle the situation that they're in, and even though they don't know why, they're going to stay in the relationship anyway. They're just bad news, baby. She describes more of their fighting pattern, saying that they scream at each other, then have sex, and then say that they're going to leave each other, but Sara calls both of them out, saying that they're so "full of shit," and that they'll never actually be able to leave each other in the end. Sara Daniels goes on to talk about what her close friends say about her boyfriend, telling her that they think that he's not good for her. Like any member of an abusive relationship, Sara insists that she's in love with her boyfriend and that's why she can't leave. But when she's around her boyfriend, she finds that she hates him. Like before, she refers to lying about her feelings to her friends as part of a "game" she's playing, implying that she's enjoying this. In the next verse, Sara interestingly states that guys like her boyfriend are just her "type of man," saying that even if she were to dump her boyfriend, she would probably date somebody just like him or at least similar to him after, so just leaving her boyfriend really isn't the problem that should be addressed. In the bridge before the final chorus, Sara speaks directly to her boyfriend, telling him that the way to make them last is to ignore the way that they make each other feel when they fight. She states that if they do that, then they'll make up fast. It's not very good advice, but apparently for the couple in the song, it's been working just fine. Sara Daniels wanted the listener to not be sure if they support the relationship in the song or not. Although it seems like it's an abusive relationship from both sides, both of them seem to be enjoying it, and as Sara stated before - if she wasn't in a relationship with this guy, she would be in a relationship with somebody just like him anyway. Sara presents a difficult situation in the song - a situation that doesn't have a good ending no matter how you look at it - but she does it in such a happy sort of way that you forget how horrible of a relationship she really is. In fact, she even makes the fighting seem endearing. Many people have thought that perhaps this song is about Sara's current relationship with Penetralia's frontman, Koda Espinosa, but Sara says "definitely not:"

"Oh, no, 'Bad News, Baby' is definitely not about Koda. It's actually about a relationship I had in high school. How lame is that, right? Still writing about my high school boyfriends. *laughs* But yeah, this guy and I fought all the time, and we never trusted each other, but there was something keeping us together for all that time. I still don't know what it was that drew us back to each other each time - maybe it was the memories of all the good times we had had, though they were few and far between - but it actually took him going away to college to eventually break us up. I don't know, maybe it was knowing that eventually I would write a song about us that kept us together. *laughs*"

We smile, we fake laughter
When really we're a disaster
Nobody knows we're lying
It's our little game

We push through our slow combat
We're two people so alike that
We are hardly ever sober
But you're the guy I'll never get over

No trust (trust)
Faith (faith)
Put into this

I know we can't handle it
And we don't know why we're staying
We're just bad news, baby

Scream (scream)
Fuck (fuck)
Call it quits

But we're just (just)
So (so)
Full of shit

'Cause we'll never
Walk away now
Just bad news, baby

We're bad news!
We're bad news!

My friends say that you're too rough
I swear to them that I'm in love
But around you, I hate you
It's our little game

Though I put up with your shit,
I like my world with you in it
Because you're my type of man
Yeah, you're the guy I'll never get over

No trust (trust)
Faith (faith)
Put into this

I know we can't handle it

Scream (scream)
Fuck (fuck)
Call it quits

But we're just (just)
So (so)
Full of shit

'Cause we'll never
Walk away now
Just bad news, baby

I know the way to make us last:
Ignore the way we feel
So when we fight, we make up fast
Ooh yeah

We're bad news!

Trust (trust) faith (faith)

'Cause there's no trust (trust)
Faith (faith)
Put into this

I know we (we)
Can't (can't)
Handle it

Scream (scream)
Kiss (kiss)
Call it quits

But we're just so fucking full of shit
'Cause we'll never walk away now
Just bad news, baby

Bad news!
Just bad news, baby

SOUNDS LIKE:
Orianthi - Shut Up & Kiss Me

thanks 9 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 29/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 29/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 02/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 02 October 2014 11:48:15(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Feels Right
LENGTH: 4:27
GENRE: Rock, pop rock, heavy rock

Sara is quick to jump from a pretty well upbeat song to one much slower as the album transitions from "Bad News, Baby" to "Feels Right." The tone of the entire album already seems to do a quick change as well, while going from the relationship in "Bad News, Baby," which was a painful one that they wanted to leave but couldn't, to the relationship described in "Feels Right," which is one so great that Sara never wants to be away from it. But with an analysis of the song, it could be argued that both of the relationships in the songs are equally as bad - or even that the relationship in "Feels Right" is worse than the relationship in "Bad News, Baby." Sara Daniels chose, when writing the song, to make sure that none of the relationships that she wrote about seemed too perfect. "I know that some of my fans are younger girls and women who are still looking for love," Sara explains. "If I wrote a song about how perfect my relationship is, and how nothing is ever wrong, then they would get the idea that that's how relationships are, and would never be satisfied with their love life. We all know that no relationship is a perfect relationship, and so pretending that one is is probably the worst thing I could do to my fans."

There are many ways to look and analyze any song, but there are two popular conclusions that most people come to when listening to "Feels Right." The first popular conclusion is that the song is simply about a great relationship where Sara has become very attached to her partner. She describes her partner and the way that she feels around her partner much like the way an artist would describe a drug, and the way that that drug makes her feel. She uses terms in the first verse like "losing my grip" and "numbing the senses" to describe how she feels when she's thinking about him. Together, she says that they fight all the hurts that they've been dealt in the past, and become each other's prey - like they're opening themselves up to each other so much that the other one has every opportunity to hurt them, but instead doesn't take it. In a quiet voice, Sara sings, "I'll always be where you are / If you take me where you are," telling her partner that if they want her, then they have her. The chorus comes in with Sara professing her love once again, telling her partner that when they're around, laying in bed with them, well, "everything feels right." Sara reveals a little more information about their relationship in the next verse, admitting that they're a secret couple - although it may just be the fact that they're sleeping together in a secret. Sara makes her partner promise her every morning that their relationship wasn't doomed from the start, making many listeners think that perhaps there's something else effecting the quality of their relationship - like, perhaps, that her partner has somebody else and that Sara is knowingly the other woman. The relationship in the song comes into full view in the bridge, when Sara tells her partner that everything about them feels right, but only when they're together and she doesn't have to think about anything else in the world. She tells them that the good feelings that they give her end so quickly ("Everything feels right / But it ends so easily") and that she knows that she can't keep her partner with her forever, but something won't let her let them go. Before the song rockets into the last chorus, Sara sings in a soft voice, "I need you with me / I need you with me each day." It's a very dependent relationship that Sara is describing, which leads many people to say that Sara would be better off with the relationship in "Bad News, Baby," which - although seemed abusive - still gave Sara a sense of independence from her partner (or at least enough independence to have the confidence to piss off her partner without fear of retaliation through leaving her).

The other popular way to read this song is to read the possible metaphors simply as the way that they're supposed to read: About drugs. Many people have thought that the song is simply about drug addiction, and the emotions and dependency you feel on your particular drug of choice when you experience it. In looking at the song through those eyes, many lyrics seem to read in a completely different way. Rather than it being the happiness of thinking about her partner being what numbs Sara's senses and makes her lose her grip through the day, it's actually the drugs. She fights her past hurts with the drugs, using them to help herself forget. She becomes her drug's prey, willing letting it damage her body and mind. For the times that she is high, everything feels right. She isn't in pain anymore. The drug assumes the role of the boyfriend for the woman in the song, making the women feel safe for the night. Lyrics about them being a secret tend to make more sense in this analysis of the song as well, as a drug addict would usually try to keep their addiction as much of a secret as possible. The lyric in the bridge, "I know I can't keep you / But I can't let you go" also makes more sense, with the woman in the song confessing that she knows that what she's doing is bad for herself and her body, but because of the addiction, she just can't stop. Both ways to read the song are completely acceptable, and it all depends on the person who is listening to the song to judge what the song is about to them.

Feeling you in me
Losing my grip through the day
Numbing my senses
The night starts slipping away

Fighting our past hurt
We become each other's prey
Sharing dark kisses
Hoping that you're with me to stay

I'll always be where you are
If you take me where you are

When you're around, everything feels right
With you by my side, holding me at night
This feeling is one I won't fight
I'll lay in your arms
Until the daylight...
Until the daylight...
Everything feels right
(When you're around, when you're around)
Everything feels right

I'm your night secret
You'll always be in my heart
But daily, I'll wake up
I'll make you promise
That we were not lost from the start

I'll always be where you are
If you take me where you are

I'll lay in your arms
Until the daylight...
Until the daylight...
Everything feels right

Everything feels right
But only when you're in reach
Everything feels right
But it ends so easily
I know I can't keep you
But I can't let go

I need you with me...
I need you with me each day...

I'll lay in your arms
Until the daylight...
Until the daylight...
Everything feels right
(Everything feels right)
Everything feels right

Everything feels right
(Everything feels right)
But only when you're in reach
But it ends so easily

SOUNDS LIKE:
Digital Daggers - Still Here

Famouss7x7 on 02/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 02/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2014(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#4 Posted : 03 October 2014 05:54:24(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha: Loving it! So amped its finally coming.

OOC: Great job doing this!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 03 October 2014 08:32:03(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Tisha: Loving it! So amped its finally coming.

OOC: Great job doing this!

Sara: Aw, thank you, Tisha! :) I know it's been a while, but it's finally here!

OOC: Thank you so much. :)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 03 October 2014 10:57:11(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Hi fellow label mate! I'm so thrilled about your new album. I'm going to buy thousands of copies lol. :P
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 03 October 2014 13:44:57(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kourtney: Hi fellow label mate! I'm so thrilled about your new album. I'm going to buy thousands of copies lol. :P

Sara: Label mateeeee! :) Thank you so much. Do it do it do it. ;)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#8 Posted : 03 October 2014 14:40:09(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Good Enough (feat. Vara Gallo)
WRITERS: Sara Daniels & Vara Gallo
LENGTH: 2:56
GENRE: Electropop, dance-pop, pop rock

Although Sara Daniels and Vara Gallo worked very closely together on many tracks on Sara's debut album, "Good Enough" is the only song that Vara is actually featured on. Sara and Vara had written the song together before they knew who was going to sing it with Sara, but once they were done writing it, they knew that Vara was the only person for the song. The song takes on a much more electronica feels to it - much like Sara's first single after her long hiatus, "Hate You" - which fit Vara's genre and expertise perfectly. Vara originally had a much smaller part in the song, limited to only singing the chorus with Sara and not having much of a solo part in the song, but after hearing how well Vara's voice worked with the song, Sara herself made the decision that Vara would sing some of the choruses as well. Producer Reza Vranitzky was originally against this idea, but after hearing Vara sing the verses that Sara wanted her to, Reza agreed that it was a good idea.

The song is not like the previous songs of the album, which seem to have deeper meanings and can be deconstructed and analyzed. "Good Enough" is much more straight-forward than the two previous songs, clinging to a topic that several artists have tackled before: Wanting to get away from all the pressures of the world. Sara starts the song off, singing about how mean the world can be when she's alone and she doesn't have anybody to stand up for her. She seems to be taking a stand, though, telling whoever is making her life difficult that she's leaving that world behind for the night, and that they can call and text her as many times as they want - she's still not going to answer. Vara's pre-chorus verse describes the feeling that she expects to experience when she goes out tonight. She says that she's going to dance "like it's summer," implying that she's not going to have any worries, and just be carefree for the rest of the night. Although this song seems to be going the standard route that most of these types of songs go, it's the chorus that makes it into a very Sara Daniels song. In the chorus, Sara and Vara explain that everything that they're doing to try to make themselves forget their worries is just "good enough." It's almost a depressing admittance, but is even more so when Sara sings afterwards that she does whatever she can to get herself through the day, and whatever she can to keep the people that stress her out away from her. She finishes the chorus by saying that when things start to get rough for her, if she just does "good enough," then it will be easier.

This chorus differentiates Sara's song from the other songs that have broached this topic because it's not often that an artist is willing to admit - much less admit on her debut album - that sometimes she does just the bare minimum to get through the day. Artists seem so focused on making sure their fans and the rest of the public know just how hard they're working, and how much time and effort they're putting into their music, while Sara takes this opportunity to tell the truth: Like every other person in the world, sometimes she phones it in. Even with the things that you're the most passionate about, sometimes giving your 100% is just too much. She goes on to talk about how not only does she occasionally not give it her all when it comes to her work, but even when it comes to her friendships and relationships.

She begins the next verse talking directly to a man who's pursuing her, telling him that she likes the chase that he's giving her, but that she's not like the other girls that he's chasing. While the other girls might make him put in a little effort before they finally give in and let him have them, Sara has no intention of giving into him. For others, they might feel the need to put in the effort into making this chase into a relationship, but to Sara, it's "good enough" for her just to sleep with him and not put forth any more effort into having a relationship than that. Vara confirms that sleeping with the chaser is exactly what she intends on doing in the next verse, when she says that her bed won't be cold tonight - a call back to the line before, when she talks about how she won't be "feeling the winter." They sing the chorus again, and then Vara takes the bridge, saying that she knows that eventually she'll have to really figure out what her priorities are before she crashes and burns, but for now, it's "good enough" just to get away from it all. The song ends with the two girls echoing the sentiment in the chorus before ending the song.

Sara
Vara
Both

When I'm alone at night, the world can seem so mean
I wanna just get out, wanna cause a scene
When I'm gone, you're going to wish I was there
You can blow up my phone, but I won't even care

Tonight, I'm gonna dance like it's summer
And I might just stay out too long

Tonight, I won't feel the winter
I need to be where nothing is wrong

Good, good enough
I'll just say what gets me through the day
Good, good enough
I'll do whatever keeps them away
Keeping it from getting rough
Good enough, good enough

I like when you chase me, you always seem so sure
I'm not like other girls, whose thoughts are always pure
You're everything I'm not, and you'll never have me
Tonight, I am a girl who just wants to be, to be

Tonight, I'm gonna sing like it's summer
And I might just stay out too long

Tonight, my bed won't be so cold
I need to be where nothing is wrong

Good, good enough
Good, good enough

Good enough, good enough
Good enough

I'm gonna crash and burn
But I'll find a way
Need to get away

Good, good enough
Good, good enough

Good, good enough
Good, good enough

Good enough, good enough
Good enough

SOUNDS LIKE:
The Veronicas - Hook Me Up

Famouss7x7 on 03/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 04/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 04 October 2014 03:37:10(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Obsession
LENGTH: 3:25
GENRE: Electropop, dance-pop, pop rock
PRODUCER: Damion Holmes, Dr Duke

(OOC: Written by Famouss7x7)

Does anyone even remember Sara Daniels? Lost in your memory? Was she forgotten along with a handful of other pop singers who have sunken into obscurity? Or does this name ring a bell? Sara Daniels first rose to fame once she heard about an opportunity to appear on All Around The World, she quickly signed up. In all the judges eye's she had potential to be a huge star and went on to become a finalist in the top 3 against Miles In Minutes and eventual winner, Book of Love. Losing the competition didn't hold Sara back as she began introducing herself in the music business. She released her debut single Suffocate In November of 2010. The single was became quite the sleeper hit reaching, #7 on the charts but Sara was released from her label months before her album release for unknown reasons. She appeared on Celebrity Big Brother and made it to the 6th place before getting eliminated. On the show, she confirmed she is working on new music to be released "soon". Soon after Sara was signed to Angel Music Records to complete her album with full support and backing, but once again, Daniels hit a wall in her career as Angel Music Records closed down following the death of R&B superstar, Cherise. Every artist on the label, including Sara, was left to fend for themselves. Although trailing behind such artists who have already moved on, Sara finally debuts new music in 2012 after making ways to host/producer/songwriter and talent scout, Damion Holmes who is known for his work for his independent distribution label, "The Underground". Can Sara finally find her place? She surely is taking a shot with the unpredictable song the versatile producer Damion Holmes and Dr Duke team up for the production of "Obsession".

The track starts off with soft twinkling synths that soon is aided with a throbbing beat mixed with zips of electro that kick in seconds into the song. Soon as that beat kicks in Sara wastes no time bringing her unapologetic vocals to the track as the dance pop beat slams through the baseline. Sara blares out If she broke your heart, heart, heart
If she tore you apart. She waits a mere millisecond before continuing on singing| I'll make you feel new again getting across that this female catalyst will make a man feel "new again" after a girl broke her heart. Things turn more sinister as she continues on murmuring: This addiction, this friction| Is burning me alive| So illegal, so much evil just soars through my eyes| I don't care if you don't want it| So care for your will| This is no secret| Don't care if its wrong! As things turn from sweet to dark especially after Sara belts out "wrong". The song breaks down into a stellar post chorus breakdown adorned with massive synths that escalate through the hook, with occasional rave beats tapping across the breakdown. For the breakdown, Sara belts out I am your leader| You'll love, and you'll keep her
Say when we're together| You'll love me forever| You're my possession| You're my obsession| Don't tell me never
Please don't tell me never!; Making it clear that this female is indeed obsessed with the male in the song as she becomes a dominant force in this "relationship" calling herself his leader. After that part is finished and Sara yells out never, the song breaks into a surprising dance pop/dubstep influenced breakdown with a robotic like voice murmuring: This obsession will go over the top| I'll slit your f*cking throat open (uh)| Slit your f*cking throat open (uh)|Slit your f*cking throat open (uh). Although the dubstep breaks become quite overused now, this one works shockingly well with the menacing synths and rave beats of the track. But other than it being a dubstep like breakdown in the track, what may take you by surprise is the robotic voice saying the obsession will go over the top and the man would get his throat slit. Any man might feel quite uncomfortable but to fit with the manner of the obsessive/psychotic female controlling this mans every move, the breakdowns lyrics, after being understood.. is quite ace as it's obvious that the boundaries of squeaky clean lyrics are being crossed here, what's wrong with that?

As the breakdown slips out, the song returns back to it's beginning beats, and Sara returns back to her semi insane lyrics taking no breaks in saying the next lines of the song: I'm happy you seen from the start
There's no keeping us apart| Everywhere you turn I'm trapped to your arm| I'm making it visible, that this is no game
The thought of you just goes and goes through my veins| There's no escape, there's no running away| And certainly no one to come save your day; As it seems this female is becoming increasingly scary as Sara continues singing fast paced through the next lyrics Oh isn't this exciting, am I breaking you down ?| I'll let you make you a comeback| And I'll be tearing you down| All these evil thoughts I keep whispering in my sleep| Has you convinced that I'm officially off the deep| Now your trying to leave me too seep| But you forgot that very important speech! Making it very obviously that the female is completely out of her mind as she talks in her sleep and lets it be known that the man is not going any where. Following those lyrics the song goes back into it's synth/dancepop mash that sits comfortably at the post chorus break down where Sara starts off with I am your leader as she refers to the hook as the "speech" she spoke of on the previous verse. After Sara sings the chorus break down the song breaks into the breakdown once more with the robotic voice saying the very threatening lines of obsession going completely over the top and possibly reverting to murder. The breakdown this time goes alittle longer than usual, as it becomes the bridge as well as Sara sings as if she's psychotic Always stay close to me| Don't think you'll leave now| I won't promise I'm okay; as the beats in the breakdown following her voice perfectly, she then whispers; |This is no secret, no secret| telling the guy blantanly that she's quite frankly, out of her mind... as the song then breaks into the pre-chorus and finally the breakdown mixed with the "slit your throat" recite that rides this very weird, but catchy song until its end!

Don't let the pretty face of Sara Daniel's fool you in the artwork, because she will slit your throat in this track of hers where she comes back with an obsessive manner turned dark and sinister. Do you think Sara will have a chance as stardom again?

Quote:
This is so exciting! I haven't released music in such a long time and I know my fans have been waiting for so long! Wait no longer! It was an honor recording this song and I love the lyrics that I wrote. I like digging deep down and coming up with crazy, blasphemous lyrics that in the end make sense. I hope this song gives a start to my upcoming album because I have some amazing material I would like to premiere to all of you. I'd really like to give thanks to Damion Holmes and Dr Duke who produced the track and all my fans who have been supporting me. I hope this is the start of something, I hope you all love the song and support it! Cheers to a new start!

If she broke your heart, heart, heart
If she tore you apart
I'll make you feel new again

This addiction, this friction
Is burning me alive
So illegal, so much evil just soars through my eyes
I don't care if you don't want it
So care for your will
This is no secret
Don't care if its wrong!

I am your leader
You'll love, and you'll keep her
Say when we're together
You'll love me forever
You're my possession
You're my obsession
Don't tell me never
Please don't tell me never!

Or
This obsession will go over the top
I'll slit your f*cking throat open (uh)
Slit your f*cking throat open (uh)

I'm happy you seen from the start
There's no keeping us apart
Everywhere you turn I'm trapped to your arm
I'm making it visible, that this is no game
The thought of you just goes and goes through my veins
There's no escape, there's no running away
And certainly no one to come save your day

Oh isn't this exciting, am I breaking you down ?
I'll let you make you a comeback
And I'll be tearing you down
All these evil thoughts I keep whispering in my sleep
Has you convinced that I'm officially off the deep
Now your trying to leave me too seep
But you forgot that very important speech!

I am your leader
Say when we're together
You'll love me forever
You're my possession
You're my obsession
Don't tell me never

Or
I'll slit your f*cking throat open (uh)

Always stay close to me
Don't think you'll leave now
I won't promise I'm okay
This is no secret, no secret

I am your leader
Say when we're together
You'll love me forever
You're my possession
You're my obsession
Don't tell me never

Or
I'll slit your fucking throat open (uh)

[Clean version - Slit your freaking throat open]

Sounds like

Edited by user 04 October 2014 03:41:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#10 Posted : 04 October 2014 04:04:44(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: I see someone is a fan of The Veronicas! haha! Good job with this album, this one is actually very in depth, and has good explanations of the tracks! Fantastic! :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 04 October 2014 04:16:13(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: I see someone is a fan of The Veronicas! haha! Good job with this album, this one is actually very in depth, and has good explanations of the tracks! Fantastic! :)

OOC: Hahahah, I actually never listened to them until after I adopted the Sara Daniels character from Jaime, but now I really like them. :) Thank you very much, Daniel!
stephaniewazhere on 04/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#12 Posted : 04 October 2014 12:37:45(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Where the Lights Shine
WRITERS: Sara Daniels & Reza Vranitzky
LENGTH: 3:12
GENRE: Indie rock, pop, alternative rock

CULTURE UNCUT: Sara Daniels' 'Where the Lights Shine'
By James Fritzgerald

A few years ago, female alternative rock/pop singers were a rare commodity. Men ruled the alternative music genre and boobs were rarely seen. But now with Julia Volkova, My Girl Friday, Pretty Little Freaks, and others, it's easy to see how somebody like Sara Daniels could be swept under the rug and forgotten about in the face of all the massive names. Of course, she hasn't done herself many favors when it comes to keeping her name on people's lips. In four years, she's managed to releas four songs, has taken several hiatuses, and many times completely disappeared into obscurity. When she was on All Around the World, she seemed like she had so much potential to be a huge star, but it became very discouraging to all of her supporters to see the way Sara seemed to shrink from the fame the moment she got a taste of it. Most recently, after a little less than a year long break from music again, Sara Daniels released a collaboration single with singer Maddie Urie called "Hate You," a very bitter song towards an ex-boyfriend who wronged her during their relationship. In it's time, it peaked in the Top 5 before falling off the charts after a few weeks. The song was generally well-received, with the most prominent complaint being that the theme of the song was overdone, and had uninspired lyrics. Sara handled the criticisms well, even thanking some of the reviewers who bashed her music for their advice and critique. And after that, well, I prepared myself to wait another year for more music from Sara, as I think most people did. Until she surprised us all a couple months later with her newest single "Where the Lights Shine."

"Where the Lights Shine" stays within the same vein of the genre of music that Sara has been releasing for a while, although - surprisingly - this song is the first real love song that Sara has released in those four years. I must admit, I do generally enjoy the song. There are signs of Sara trying to improve her songwriting since the last release, but while still maintaining the well-known theme of a love song. She several times references the very song that she's singing, as if she were 'breaking the fourth wall' of the music, and even at one point, refers to a conversation that she and her lover had before, singing, "You told me, 'Sara, be yourself...'" I know that many of the critics that bashed her before for her uninspired lyrics are going to find issue with many lines in the song that seem cliche and overused, but with the several references to real life occurrences - such as writing the song, and the conversation where she inserts her own name into the lyrics - it seems to make the cliched love song lines less platitudinous and gives them more of a real world meaning, almost giving the belief that maybe Sara really does have the type of love life that the romantic songs always talk about. She sticks with her same pop rock sound, of course, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon. I'm always satisfied when I know that an artist has found a sound that they like and that works for them, even if I'm not exactly a fan of the genre.

Overall, I think the song is a pretty good follow-up to Hate You, although I'm still not sure that Sara Daniels is bringing her A-Game yet. On the other hand, I'm mostly just happy that she's consistently releasing music again. She hasn't announced a date for her debut album yet, but I'm sure with four album singles released now, she's going to soon. So I raise my glass to you, Sara Daniels. Here to hoping you can keep your name on people's lips long enough to release an album before the end of the year.

I'll sing you this whole song, though it's not long
It's a small reminder of our desire
This life is brand new; now it includes you
We feel what's inside

We have a life they'll never know

We're living where the lights shine
We might stay out late, but we are always doing fine
We're staying where the lights shine
And we'll always know that I am yours, and you are mine

When I look at your face, I see my future
It's hard not to grin when it looks so bright
You promised me one day I'll wear your wedding ring
I'll go anywhere you go

We have a life they'll never know
And there are parts we will never show

You told me, "Sara, be yourself,
And you won't be put on the shelf.
There will never be another.
I could never love another the way I do you."

I wrote this song as my reply
This love won't stop, it would not try
I'll keep holding your hand during the dark of night
Until you tell me to stop

Where the lights shine

I'll sing you this whole song, though it's not long
(We're living where the lights shine)
When I look at your face, I see my future

This life is brand new; now it includes you
You promised me one day I'll wear your wedding ring

SOUNDS LIKE:
Meg & Dia - The Last Great Star in Hollywood

erich hess on 04/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 05/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 05 October 2014 17:56:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Koda: Alright! I was starting to think this record was never gonna come, but it's so far been worth the wait. I love how you don't pigeon-hole yourself to just one sound or genre (like we do :P), you create stuff that punk chicks will love, that teeny girly girls will love and any guy will get excited about, you make music for the bitter, the romantics and the wallflowers and this is why you shouldn't ever be underestimated. Dunno if you enjoy this tag, but darling, you are the f*cking underdog of the industry and I'm so proud of how you're doing things. This record is beautiful so far and I couldn't be more excited for you. Things are about to get crazy for real though! Great work!

OOC: So glad that she finally has her album! Great work on it! :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#14 Posted : 06 October 2014 00:25:18(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Koda: Alright! I was starting to think this record was never gonna come, but it's so far been worth the wait. I love how you don't pigeon-hole yourself to just one sound or genre (like we do :P), you create stuff that punk chicks will love, that teeny girly girls will love and any guy will get excited about, you make music for the bitter, the romantics and the wallflowers and this is why you shouldn't ever be underestimated. Dunno if you enjoy this tag, but darling, you are the f*cking underdog of the industry and I'm so proud of how you're doing things. This record is beautiful so far and I couldn't be more excited for you. Things are about to get crazy for real though! Great work!

OOC: So glad that she finally has her album! Great work on it! :)

Sara: Hehehe, I know, I know, I took my time with this album, but it'll totally be worth the wait, I promise! Awwww, Kodaaaaa, you're so sweet to me. Thank you so much. I'm proud to be the underdog, and I'm happy that you're proud of me, too. :) Thank you again! I miss you!

OOC: Thank you so much! :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#15 Posted : 06 October 2014 01:28:51(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Bitched & Cried
LENGTH: 3:20
GENRE: Pop rock, pop punk, power pop

The listeners have already been through a lot of emotions with Sara, but it seems like now is the point where we start to go back to the emotion that Sara enjoys expressing the most - anger. Or maybe not anger necessarily, but there are very few themes of love after "Where the Lights Shine." "Bitched & Cried" is the first song in this new, more angry part of Sara, although the topic of the song is similar to ones she's addressed before - being in love with a guy who doesn't love her the same way, and who is a general jerk.

Sara starts the song off with examples of how her boyfriend has been a jerk to her lately. The first one is that when she calls him to hang out, he says that he's busy - she later finds out that he was busy hanging out with his ex-girlfriend. The second example is that her boyfriend just seems to be like a completely different person than the man that she got was dating before. She knows that the relationship isn't a healthy one, but she's willing to keep trying with him, because of the person she remembers him being before. In between each verse, Sara softly sings, "C-c-c-crying, c-c-c-crying / c-c-c-crying here," and then after the second verse, she adds, "... all curled up and dying." The repetition of these lines is to show just how often this guy left her crying over him, and how many times she forgave him and let him back into her life. In the chorus, Sara brings it home, telling him that while she was upset over him leaving her again, she realizes that she was just wasting her time on him - especially on bitching and crying over him. She tells him that she knows that he doesn't love her like she loves him, because she would never do anything like that to him. It a defining moment in the character in the song's life to finally admit that this person that she's cried over so many times doesn't really love her as much as she thinks they do, and then she lets them go. In the next verse, Sara tells him that she never thought that he would hurt her the way he did, but she's realizing now that he never told her the truth and that he's, in Sara's words, "a rat." She finishes the verse, telling him that maybe she was hurt by him before, but now she's just fine. In the bridge, she tells him that she's not going to live with the shame she has of believing and trust him all this time, and that she's not going to let him break her heart ever again. Before launching back into the chorus, she tells him to lose her number so that she can finally breath again. She sings the chorus again, solidifying that she knows that this man doesn't love her the way that she loved him, and then the song ends in a strong girl-power-esque note.

The day that I called you
You said that you were busy
Busy with your ex-girl

(C-c-c-crying, c-c-c-crying
C-c-c-crying here)

And then like,
Like you're another person
You left me hanging
Hanging by my own rope

(I'm c-c-crying, all curled up and dying,
I'm c-c-crying here)

I bitched, I cried
I just wasted my time
The week you left me all alone

I bitched, I cried
Wouldn't look at other guys

Oh, but you don't love me like I love you
I would never leave you like that
I bitched, I cried
I wasted my time

(All alone)

Didn't think you would do that
Cut me down and then run away like a rat
But you never told the truth, and all you did is lie
And maybe I was hurt before, but now I am just fine

(I'm c-c-crying, all curled up an dying,
I'm c-c-crying here, c-c-c-crying here)

I bitched, I cried
I just wasted my time

I bitched, I cried

I bitched, I cried
I wasted my time

I'm not going to live with this shame
And I won't let you break my heart again
I'm not going to live with this shame
Lose my number and let me finally breath again

I'm crying here

(I'm c-c-crying, all curled up and dying,
C-c-c-crying here)

I bitched, I cried
I just wasted my time

I bitched, I cried

I bitched, I cried
I wasted my time

I bitched, I cried
The week you left me all
Week you left me all, all alone

SOUNDS LIKE:
Fefe Dobson - You Bitch

C4AJoh on 06/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 06/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#16 Posted : 16 October 2014 08:32:15(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Taken
WRITERS: Sara Daniels, Vara Gallo
LENGTH: 3:19
GENRE: Dance-pop, electropop

Sara Daniels' seventh track on his debut album, "Taken," is by far the sexiest track on the album. While several other of the tracks stay in Sara's general comfort zone of the pop-rock, this one branches out into the almost industrial dance-pop genre. It's definitely the type of track that somebody would expect to hear in a low-lit dance club, where people are dressed in tight clothing and leather. It's that kind of song. Woohoo. It's also the most sexually explicit song that Sara has ever written, where she implies several sexual acts and sexually charged meetings with the man in her song. While most of her songs haven't been considered "family friendly" songs for her language, this is the first song to give Sara a very sexual image - proving that she's not just the young girl that was on Around the World. The song was co-written by Sara's friend, Vara Gallo, who has a lot more experience than Sara at flaunting her sexuality and writing sexually explicit songs. While the song is definitely fitting for Sara, it is also very obvious that Vara Gallo had a hand in writing it - especially with the industrial undertones of the music, and the somewhat simple lyrics.

The song describes an affair that Sara is taking part in with a married man. She starts off the song by somewhat explaining the situation, saying that they're posing as just friends, but in honesty, "friendship ain't the half of it."She goes on to say in the next verse that nobody has suspected them yet because both of them have been so good at hiding it. Up until this point, the listener has only been told that this person she's having an affair with is "taken," but it's not until the second verse that we're told that the man is actually married. Sara slyly slips this piece of information in by describing the wife innocently wanting his husband home for dinner. Sara not-so-innocently counters this request by singing that the husband can't come home for dinner because he's too busy "eating" her. That's dirty, Sara.

The chorus is a repetition of the line, "My man's already taken (yeah)," three times before singing, "But his heart is all mine." This four-line chorus is repeated a second time before going into the second part of the chorus. The song makes the relationship seem like it's all centered on sex, but the line, "But his heart is all mine," skews that assumption a bit. It's unknown whether there really is love between Sara and the man that she's having an affair with, or if it's only in Sara's mind - like in the minds of many women who get into affairs with married men - that the man really does love her, and is going to leave his wife for her. The second part of the chorus is, "Run, run, lying, lying / Feelings we're fighting, fighting" repeated twice, describing their nightly ritual of running from and lying to the people that don't know what's going on between the two of them. She mentions that they're fighting feelings for each other - another sign that there is either something more going on between the two of them, or that Sara is imagining that there's something more going on between the two of them.

In the third and fourth verses, Sara just describes more of their deceitful relationship, describing how sexual attracted they are too each other, even to the point that all she has to do is put her hands on him, and her clothes fall right off of her body. She goes on to say that them seeing each other is a nightly occurrence, using the moonlight to hide them. In another stream of sexually charged lyrics, Sara assures the listener that they need the moonlight to hide them, because her screams of pleasure are going to echo. That's dirty, Sara. She repeats the chorus again, this time tacking on two more repeats of "Run, run, lying, lying / Feelings we're fighting, fighting" to the end of it before going into the bridge.

The bridge seems to be Sara trying to convince the man that she's having an affair with to continue the relationship with her, telling him that she doesn't want to be anything more than his "whore" if that's all he wants her to be, because he leaves her "so sore" after their encounters. She goes on to give the listener more information on this man she's having an affair with, making it seem like he might be a well-known public figure that several people are attracted to by singing, "Everybody knows you're irresistible, kissable." But Sara feels like she's won because she's the one that gets to sleep with him every night, and because of that, she loves being his "invisible girl." The second part of the chorus seems to describe almost the monotonous nature of having an affair with somebody, saying that they'll keep sneaking, hiding, fighting, and lying until they get caught or bored. Sara assures her secret man, however, that he always leaves her feeling dirty, and that's what she likes, so she probably won't ever get bored of it. The chorus repeats again, and then the song fades out with a heavy bass following it, leaving the tension from the song still somewhat hanging in the air.

Taken, taken

My man's already taken
Can't keep my hands off him
It's friendship that we're fakin'
Friendship ain't the half of it

But he's just so suave, yeah
'Cause nobody suspects us
Your wife wants you home for dinner
You're too busy eating me, me, me, me

My man's already taken (yeah)
But his heart is all mine

Run, run, lying, lying
Feelings we're fighting, fighting
Run, run, lying, lying

My man's already taken
When I put my hands on him
My clothes fall right off me
He drinks in my body

And I know that he likes me
'Cause he's calling me nightly
And the moonlight will hide me
'Cause my screams are gonna echo, echo, echo, echo

Run, run, lying, lying
Run, run, lying, lying
Run, run, lying, lying
Run, run, lying, lying

Darling, I don't want anything more
I can be your whore
Because you always leave me so sore
Everybody knows you're irresistible, kissable
I love being your invisible girl

On the down low
We'll be sneaking, hiding
Have me feeling so no-no
Try to keep quiet, feelings fighting
You keep lying
But you always know-ow-ow

Run, run, lying, lying
Run, run
Run, run, lying, lying
Run, run

SOUNDS LIKE:
Natalia Kills - Zombie

Edited by user 16 October 2014 08:32:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 16/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 16/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#17 Posted : 16 October 2014 10:57:35(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Bill Owens: Great record! I really like the more-rock-oriented songs, which I consider totally awesome! This is really well played and well produced!

OOC: Awesome job! GREAT descriptions and lyrics ;)
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
Offline snap_itshannah  
#18 Posted : 16 October 2014 11:07:49(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Bill Owens: Great record! I really like the more-rock-oriented songs, which I consider totally awesome! This is really well played and well produced!

OOC: Awesome job! GREAT descriptions and lyrics ;)

Sara: Hey, thanks, man! That means a lot! The rock-oriented songs are my favorites to write. :) Thank you again!

OOC: Thanks a lot! :)
Realms Of Darkness on 16/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#19 Posted : 17 October 2014 07:32:53(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Can't Fight
WRITERS: Sara Daniels, Mark Petry
LENGTH: 4:15
GENRE: Electropop, pop-rock
PRODUCER: The Wolverines

(OOC: Written by Famouss7x7)

Sara Daniels first rose to stardom when appearing on now defunct singing competition "All Around The World. The Wisconsin born songstress seemed to be destined for greatness as her star potential oozed each week that the competition went on. However, after reaching second place Sara lost the competition. Still, with so potential one can only guess that just a singing competition wasn't all for such a exceptional talent. Shortly after the competition ended, Sara signed a contract with Studio 60 records. Sara released a moderately successful debut single "Suffocate" in November of 2010 that went on to reach the top 10 on the airplay charts. Shortly after, for unknown reasons Sara left Studio60 and 2010 rolled away and so did 2011. Not much was heard musically from Daniels. She did appear on reality show "Big Brother" promising new music "on the way" but nothing ever really prospered. No label, no website, and there's was seemingly no Sara.

As the months went on and her fans begin to wonder what Sara was up to, we all finally got an answer. In early 2012, Sara finally announced that she had come to terms with a distribution contract with the Damion Holms owned distribution label "The Underground", a label specially made for up and coming stars to get their music out to the public. This was a far cry from her days on the big stage singing in front of millions on All Around The World and signing to mega recording company in Studio 60. Still, Sara once again promised her fans a new single that would come in the late summer of 2012 and that, we got. "Obsession" was released in late August of 2012 with many calling it Sara's last chance at stardom, and quite frankly reviving her career. The critically acclaimed single became a shocking sleeper hit topping the Digital Airplay charts and reaching the #2 position on Airplay to everyone's surprise and became the biggest song to be released from the independent label to date. The single seemed to open up many doors for Sara and her ailing career which seemed to start to flourish. Months after the success of the single Sara signed a recording contract with Titanic Records and announced work on her debut album. Daniels joined James Urie on a track entitled "Trying My Best Not To Forget" that went on to become a critically acclaimed single and went on to tour with Riot! In The Boulevard for the remainder of 2012 and the beginning months of 2013. Her set was enjoyed by many Riot! fans as she sang new music from her album and older songs from her All Around The World days. Remaining quiet and for those months to stick solely to touring effectively, she did announce in a blog that a new single that would differ from her debut single:

Quote:
Hey loves! I know some of you have been asking me to give you an update so I am going to keep it short and sweet and I will start doing these blogs to keep you guys updated on what I am doing. Sooo...here it goes First and foremost, I love you guys!.. I know I say it every chance that I can and at this point that is most important here in this update because I still cannot believe that Obsession actually became a #1 single. Yes, it's been a couple months but still until this day I would have never thought I would actually have a #1 under my belt, and of course its because all of my amazing fans so once again, thank you for supporting me this far. As far as what I am up to right now.. well, as most of you know I'm supporting Riot! In The Boulevard on their Crossroads tour, that pic above was from last night and the stage was huuuge! I was actually so nervous, I wanted everything to be perfect and it really was! The crowd was so electric and it was so good to see so many of the Sara Daniel's fans in the audience, you guys really came out for me! <3. The best moment had to be when I closed the performance with "Obsession" and everyone was singing the words with me, to tell you the honest truth ..I wanted to cry because it was so surreal, I could definitely get used to that lol. I got a chance to talk to each member from Riot! And they're not only inspirations of mine but really nice people and I really look forward to touring with them in so many countries. Adam is scared of me because of the song Obsession and me threatening to slit a guys throat open -_-. It's not that bad, I'm a sweet girl! ...*maybe*. That brings me to the NEW MUSIC AND ALBUM. I've been really busy working with some really great producers and the album is nearly done, halfway I'd say.... with the next single from the album coming out in May or June! The new single will be quite different from the last single since I want people to hear the other side of me, so if you're expecting something along the lines of "Obsession Part II", sorry lol. I know it will be quite tough recording the album and touring but I'm a hard worker and I want my debut album to be out already, so I'll try my best to have the album out by the summer of 2013 the very latest! I'm so anxious, I'm loving the album so far and it seems like it's been so long. I'm just ready to release the album, to give my fans who have been waiting something from me to call their own. I'm finally able to release album with support from my great label, Titanic Records. It's so exciting. So, right now we're traveling to Montreal to for a show on the 28th ...hope to see all my Canadian fans there tomorrow!

Be on the lookout for the new single my loves ...and the next blog. Remember, never give up ..always stay true to yourself.. and be strong <3. - Sara

Five months later we get a new single from Sara Daniels. Now that she is completely finished touring with Riot! In The Boulevard and having started a summer tour with pop star Jennifer Armstrong that began days ago, Daniel's fans get a taste of "Can't Fight", the second single taken from her long awaited debut album "Seventh Heaven". The record, which was produced by production duo "The Wolverines" takes a different approach from her debut record but still maintaining it's very proclaiming sound that will keep you interested throughout the entire track. The record which has a heavy influence on electropop and pop rock music has you pulled in from the gate with the songs majestic and menacing string stabs and a driving synth-rock pulse beneath its massively quick backing beat and quick and effective vocals by Sara. The tempo of the record moves in out and out perfectly with the violin like instruments that start the track off followed by the backing beat and guitars.

Over the concoction of drums, guitars, synths, violins and a menacing backing beat Sara doesn't get lost in the whirlwind of instruments. Her presence is known throughout the entirety of the track whether she sings through the verses in a quick, aggressive like manner, or cooing out the chorus in majestic and emotional push. Unlike her previous releases, Sara plays the victim in the record. Showing that she does have feelings and emotions. Throughout the record Sara sings out for a guy who she has fallen n love with but he continues to keep her chasing after him and after a while she finally comes to the sad terms of her having to move on and begins self pitying herself of not being able to fight the pain. It sounds like a story that Sara is telling to her listeners who may also be dealing with a similar problem that remains relate-able and interesting to hear from a different point of view.

The massively catchy track goes on for four minutes and twenty seconds ending with a guitar solo by Daniels and violins riding the track to a haunting end.

It has become obvious that Sara continues push to keep herself sounding different from what is heard on the radio as "Can't Fight" hits radio and digital outlets on Sunday! Tell us what you think!

CAN'T FIGHT - SARA DANIELS

Let’s take a trip down memory lane
Let’s try and figure out what caused all this pain
It started when you first came into my life
And I was always picturing that you would be my guy
We might've teenagers at the time
Yet I still couldn’t get you off of my mind
There were times I thought that maybe we'd have a chance
Whenever I saw you I swear it put me into a trance
But then I found out that maybe I was just being a fool
I thought you were wonderful and at the time would do anything for you
But now I realized what you really did to me
And now it’s time that I move on from you cause…

I can’t fight the music, and I can’t fight the shame
I can’t fight the shadows, and handle all this blame.
I can’t fight the music, and I can’t take this pain
Cause everything is happening, happening to me

There was this one night where I talked to you for hours
And I swear it made me feel like I had all these special powers
Thinking to myself like maybe this is my time
To sweep in and make you finally become mine
But it seemed like you were reading my mind
Every time I was getting closer you would go offline.
I remember the day that you finally told me you liked me
and I still remember cause it made me so happy
But it didn’t matter cause now everything’s changed
and now I just gotta move on cause…

And now I’m here singing this song
And still have you somewhere in the back of my mind
But I hope you hear this cause this is where this all comes to an end,
Because I’m just going so crazy and now I, I, I

(Repeat to fade)

Sounds Like
thanks 5 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 17/10/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 18/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#20 Posted : 18 October 2014 06:25:58(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Blah Blah Blah
WRITERS: Sara Daniels, Vara Gallo, Reza Vranitzky
LENGTH: 3:38
GENRE: Pop, pop rock, pop punk

Sara takes her fifth - and final - single before her debut album to poke fun at not only some men on dates, but - on a deep level - also some women in the way that they approach dating. The song has a much more pop-influenced than the other singles have been, causing many people to scratch their heads in wonder at what Sara Daniels is trying to present now. The song so far has confused many of Sara's avid fans, but she has a reason for this...

What has probably confused fans the most is that the attitude of the song is much different from the attitude that Sara normally displays to her fans through her social media interactions with them, and also through her previous songs. Many people could take this as a sign that Sara Daniels is selling out and becoming more mainstream - giving into the idea that the quickest way to become popular is to have an aggressive, antagonistic response to people, causing bad publicity. Like the old saying goes, any publicity is good publicity, and several stars seem to live by this code nowadays. But for Sara Daniels, that wasn't the point of this song.

"This is me making fun of the whole dating world in general," Sara says about the song. "I was single for a long time before I started dating the person I'm dating now. Most dates were nice, of course, but a lot of my dates went usually the same way: The guys just wanted to talk about themselves all the time, bragging about their cars and their summer houses... I'm sure to some women, that's really impressive, but it takes a lot more than just money to impress somebody like me. In fact, I think it takes a lot more than just money to impress anybody with substance." Sara Daniels recently started dating lead singer of alternative rock band Penetralia, Koda Espinosa, who has saved her from what she refers to as the 'nine circles of dating hell.' "This doesn't just apply to men, of course. This song could easily be a man singing this to a woman. The problem is that we're so caught up in the idea that we're judged by how much we make, or how much that we can contribute, that people forget that they have other things to offer. That's probably the biggest mistake that you can make in a relationship. It's not fair for you, and it's definitely not fair to the person you're dating." But that's not the only thing Sara decided to comment on in the song. She could easily have written a song with her normal - more alternative rock - type of music if she only wanted the focus to be on the emphasis put on money in relationships. She had a reason for giving it such a pop vibe.

"I wanted to make a point that the problem is on both sides. When our dates act rude, our immediately reaction is to act rude as well. I get it, I've done it so many times before. But two wrongs don't make a right. There's a real lack of sensitivity in the dating world now, and I think anybody who is single could agree with me on that. That's why first dates are always so nerve-wracking and difficult: You don't know if the person you're going to be on a date with is going to be nice or not. They might accept everything that you present to them and have a good time; or they might completely reject you and be rude. I think the people who listen to this song are going to be really divided on whose side they take in the song, and it will all depend on their own experiences in dating: Will they take the side of the person singing the song, who has been on too many bad dates to handle another one, and is choosing to end the date early to avoid another boring night - or will they take the side of the person that the song is being sung to, who is presenting their personality and is getting rejected for it? Both people are at fault in the song, but I think it says a lot about somebody's dating history on what they take out of this track."

The song dances around the pop rock feeling that Sara has brought to the table with most of her songs, but tends to stay more in the pop realm, which helps display the lyrics that seem almost whiny and demeaning - depending on how you take the song. Sara seems to take on a completely different personality in the song, like she's playing a character - which technically she is. In a way, this song could really hurt her career for the people who don't understand the comments she's trying to make - or it could really help her career, seeing that she's smart enough and capable of using her craft to comment on the world around her, and confident enough in her abilities and fans that this won't hurt her too much if it does flop. In the radio edit of the song, "fuck" is edited out in all of the choruses, and in the bridge. The curse word is replaced by an "ah!" from Sara, at the same pitch as the word would be in the album version of the song. She chose to keep a sound in that section rather than just leaving a moment of vocal silence, feeling that the character that she's trying to portray in the song wouldn't censor herself with silence if she had to, but would rather use an emotional noise to express what she's trying to let her boring date know.

Producer Reza Vranitzky - is mostly known working with alternative, indie, and experimental artists - had most recently worked with Austin Nimmo on his debut album Fearless, and brought some of what she learned from working on that pop album to producing this song. "This was the best kind of song for me to work on," Reza said, "because not only did I get to use some of my experimental genre expertise, but I got to bring some of the experience I had from Austin Nimmo's album into this song to almost satirize the genre. Both projects were great to work with, but songs like 'Blah, Blah, Blah' are the types of songs that I love working on."

What?
You call me by the wrong name
What? What?
You think this is just some game

See your mouth moving
But you won't let me do the same
Just please stop talking
I want to leave, and you're to blame (uh huh)

But all you say is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
I couldn't give a fuck
All I hear is just some sound
Like you are everything that I hate
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

Ending this, ending this date, and before it's too late
Ending this, ending this date, before it's too late
Ending this, ending this date, I just can't wait

What
Did you ask me out for (huh?)
I can't believe someone could be such a bore
You're such a bore!

What now?
I can't believe this is really how you behave
I'm right here
But you keep talking and you're driving me insane
*laughs*

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

Ending this, ending this date

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

All your opinions? Keep them to yourself
This date has effected my mental health
Wouldn't it be easier to just stay single? Take the night off?
You'd be alright if you would shut the hell up, back the fuck off

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
I couldn't give a fuck
You tell me one more time about your car
I swear, I'll bite your head off
I know I'm sounding mean, but you're like no one else
You have so much left to say, you can't keep it to yourself! (Ah!)

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

I couldn't give a fuck
And I can't wait
To end this damn date

SOUNDS LIKE:
Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)

Edited by user 18 October 2014 06:26:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC)