logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#21 Posted : 19 October 2014 03:52:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TITLE: Heart Drop
ARTIST: Sara Daniels
WRITERS: Sara Daniels & Vara Gallo
LENGTH: 3:31
GENRE: Indie rock, pop, alternative rock
PRODUCER: Reza Vranitzky

The tenth track on Sara Daniels' debut album is the title track, called "Heart Drop." The style of the song - in terms of the instrumentals - is very reminiscent of Sara's fourth single that she released, "Where the Lights Shine" - which is also track five on this album. Both of them have the same style of a sort of "dark pop" sound, which is a genre that seems to work very well for Sara, making "Where the Lights Shine" a very popular single, and "Heart Drop" the title track of the debut album.

The song deals with a difficult situation that Sara found herself in - seeing two men at the same time, with neither of them knowing about each other, and having the two men meet accidentally. She starts off the song with two verses, each of them describing the relationship she has with each of the two men. The first verse seems to describe the man that she met second, explaining that she was unaware of the consequences of her actions by leading two men on, saying that she "gave into [her] confidence" in thinking that she could get away with it. The second verse describes her relationship with her first boyfriend, saying that they "played house" together. This is obviously the man that she has a more serious relationship with, implying that they either live together or spend enough time together to have a running dialogue of the household. In the end of the second verse, she tells him not to forget that if he thinks of her, she'll think of him and of their future, too. She's telling him that if he focuses more on her, then she'll focus more on him, showing the listener that this affair was brought on by her feelings of being neglected by her first boyfriend. It's unknown if the first boyfriend understands what she means, because when the chorus comes it, it seems like all hell has broken loose, and Sara's confidence in herself well ill-placed. The chorus describes Sara's inner feelings when her two boyfriends accidentally meet each other with Sara there. Her heart drops when they meet each other's eyes, because she knows that she's been caught. She says that nothing she could say in that situation could save any of them - she knows that neither of them would believe any "drunken stories" about possible one-night-stands, or "real hallelujahs" about her seeing the error of her ways. There's a sense that Sara wants the audience to feel sympathy for her because of this situation, but she also understands that she put herself into this situation herself with her lies.

It's unknown which boyfriend Sara is talking to in the next verse, but most would assume it's the more serious boyfriend, since she mentions knowing his family. Sara half-assly tries to brush off what's happening between them, telling her boyfriend that "love's not all roses" and that "you have to have the thorns, too." She asks him what he's going to tell his family when they ask about her, wondering if he'll tell them the truth about all the lies she's told, or if he'll tell them a lie to save face for Sara - acting like everybody about her is "alright." Sara seems against him lying for her, insisting that nothing about her is "alright," but that she's stubborn, and will stick to her guns and her pride no matter what he says about her. Sara sings the chorus for a second time, flowing into the bridge where she asks her boyfriends why they need to know anything else about the cheating situation when they know that they have her to blame. She doesn't think they need to know anything more than that she fucked up and hurt both of them. She tells them that she's not going to lie to them anymore because she knows that there's not point in fighting when you've already been found out - referring to the whole thing as a "game" - but that she still doesn't think they need to know any more information about what happened between all of them. She repeats the chorus again, this time changing the lyrics from "Could keep any of us together / When I thought I couldn't last a minute" to "Your mother says that she saw this coming / While your father only shook his head in pity." It seems that the boyfriend decided to tell his parents the truth, revealing that the parents also blame Sara for this mess - and rightly so. The song ends with Sara repeating, "Did you hear my heart drop / When you first came face-to-face?" with her singing in the background, "What is there to know when you have me to blame? / What is there to know when you have me to shame?" In the end, it seems like Sara is still somewhat in denial about all the hurt that she put these two men through, but still feels like she doesn't truly deserve any sympathy for the situation.

We
Were unaware of the consequences
Stupid, sure, but that's the way it is
I gave into my confidence

We
Weekly played house for an hour or two
But don't forget that if you think of me
I'll think of you
Our future, too
Why not?

I said, if you think of me
I'll think of you
Our future, too
Why not?

Did you hear my heart drop
When you met each other's eyes?
No sweet-talking and no words could save all of us
When you introduced yourselves?
No drunken stories or real hallelujahs
Could keep any of us together
When I thought I couldn't last a minute
When you first came face-to-face?

So,
We're finally seeing me for all my lies
Love's not all roses, like our mothers said
You have to have the thorns, too
So what will you say
To your family if they ask you?
Will it be truth
Or will you tell a lie to make me seem
Like I might be
Alright?

Nothing about me is alright
But I'll stick to my guns and pride
Gone for the rest of my life

Could keep any of us together
When I thought I couldn't last a minute

What is there to know when you have me to blame?
What is there to know when you have me to blame?
No more point in fighting when you lose the game
What is there to know when you have me to shame?

Alright
Nothing about me is alright
But I'll stick to my guns and pride
Gone for the rest of my life

Your mother says that she saw this coming
While your father only shook his head in pity
(What is there to know when you have me to blame?)
(What is there to know when you have me to shame?)

SOUNDS LIKE:
Meg & Dia - Black Wedding

Edited by user 19 October 2014 03:53:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 19/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#22 Posted : 20 October 2014 02:15:40(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Smile For You
WRITERS: Sara Daniels & Vara Gallo
LENGTH: 4:08
GENRE: Rock, pop rock, heavy rock

"Smile For You" is the eleventh - and penultimate - track on Sara Daniels' debut album. The song talks about the events that happen over a three day period of Sara breaking up with her boyfriend, starting from Monday morning, and going until Wednesday. If the listener follows the theme of the album, it seems that most of the songs have been about awful or unhealthy relationships that Sara has been in, and that she is using this debut album to finally work out some of her emotions about them. The album has seen her through bad relationships that she's stayed in, and good relationships that she's ruined - but "Smile For You" is the only song about a bad relationship that Sara's been in that she's gotten out of in a healthy way. Rather than causing a scene over the break-up that ends in screaming and fighting, in this song, she talks about simply letting the person go, and smiling for them. Vara Gallo again helped in the writing of the song, with her focus more on music while Sara wrote the lyrics. The song seems to be a great combination of Vara's style and Sara's style, combining into one rock anthem for women in abusive relationships that want to get out of them.

The song starts out on Monday morning, when Sara first starts to think about breaking up with her boyfriend. Although it's not specifically said what the boyfriend has said that makes her change her mind about him, it's obviously something that insults Sara's sensibilities, because she describes it as seeing his "dark side." When she tries to get away from him, screaming, he simply smiles at her, seeming to enjoy the hurt that he's causing her. She tries to stay away from him, deciding that she's never going to see him again, but he starts crying and emotionally blackmailing her to get her to come back. Tuesday morning, she does, and he does something else that's awful. Again, he simply smiles at her, seeming to enjoy it again. In the chorus, Sara tells him that she thought she needed dysfunction in her life, and that's why she stayed with him, but now he's got her wrapped around his finger and she's almost afraid to leave him. But she promises him that this is the end of them, and that it was his smile that pushed her over the edge. She tells him that today, she's going to smile for him as she lets him go, enjoying being free and enjoying that she'll never have to deal with his evil smile again. It's a very adult reaction to the breakup - she doesn't want to fight or scream at him anymore, she's just going to smile at him as she walks away. She's smiles for him, of course, but she also smiles for herself, knowing that this was the right decision to make.

We go back to Wednesday, where Sara is still debating on whether or not to leave her boyfriend. She follows the "charade" that he wants to keep up with them being a happy couple, allowing him to kiss her because she's too afraid to not. Again, he knows that she's too afraid of him to leave him at this point, so he smiles at her again. The chorus starts again, this time with Sara prefacing that she was so confused by her love for her boyfriend that she truly thought that a guy like him is what she thought she needed in her life. After the chorus, in the bridge, she explains how the relationship got so bad, saying that the love that her boyfriend had for her went from "caring" to "obsession," which eventually turned into him being very possessive over her. She explains to him that she feels like he can't help treating her like this, but that she couldn't fake being happy with him anymore, and that's why she's leaving. His smile that he always flashed to her when she was upset was too much for her to bear, and she never wants to be with him again. The chorus repeats again, and ends finally with Sara tells him that she's letting him go.

Monday morning, I can't breathe
I saw your dark side
And all that's underneath
I screamed and cried and tried to run
You smiled at me

And when I tried to stay away
You called me crying on the very next day
By Tuesday morning, damage done
You smiled at me

Dysfunction is what I thought I needed
I'm wrapped around your finger
(I'm wrapped around your finger)
But it's the end of you and me
Your shining teeth is what makes this hurts

But today I will, I will, I will
Smile for you
Woah, oh, woah
Oh, oh, and let you go
I will, I will, I will
Smile for you
Woah, oh, woah
I have to let you go

I followed through the charade
You pressed your lips against mine
I'm too afraid
Wednesday morning, cannot run
You smiled at me

I was so confused that dysfunction is what I thought I needed
I'm wrapped around your finger
(I'm wrapped around your finger)
But it's the end of you and me
Your shining teeth is what makes this hurts, hurts, hurts, hurts!

Smile for you
Woah, oh, woah
Oh, oh, and let you go
I will, I will, I will
Smile for you
Woah, oh, woah
I have to let you go

Your love went from "caring" to "obsession"
We can't help it, we can't help it
Then you thought of me as your possession
We can't fake it, we can't fake it
Toothy grin, toothy grin, got under my skin
Toothy grin, toothy grin, fuck, never again

Smile for you
Woah, oh, woah
Oh, oh, and let you go
I will, I will, I will
Smile for you
Woah, oh, woah
I have to let you go

We can't help it
Oh, oh, and let you go
I will, will, I will
Smile for you
We can't fake it
I have to let you go

SOUNDS LIKE:
Digital Daggers - Out of My Head

thanks 5 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 20/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 20/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 20/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/10/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#23 Posted : 20 October 2014 09:48:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Fangz: My favorite album of 2014 so far! I can't get enough! I look forward to the last track! I will make sure to purchase my copy!

OOC: The lyrics and song descriptions/sound a likes have been perfect fit for this! I think you've done fairly well by tackling an album with this character the way you have! Love it, look forward to the last song :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#24 Posted : 20 October 2014 10:50:45(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Fangz: My favorite album of 2014 so far! I can't get enough! I look forward to the last track! I will make sure to purchase my copy!

OOC: The lyrics and song descriptions/sound a likes have been perfect fit for this! I think you've done fairly well by tackling an album with this character the way you have! Love it, look forward to the last song :)

Sara: Hey! Thank you so much for your support! I look forward to hearing your upcoming song! :)

OOC: Thank you so much, Daniel. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 20/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#25 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:05:04(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
TITLE: Hate You (feat. Maddie Urie)
WRITERS: Sara Daniels & Reza Vranitzky
LENGTH: 3:29
GENRE: Electropop, pop rock, pop punk

It's been a long time since Sara Daniels has graced the airwaves with her beautiful, alternative voice and style, but it looks like now she's back - and she might just be here to stay. Sara returns with an electropop song written to her ex, telling him exactly what everybody has thought about one of their exes at some point or another: That she - "H-A-T-E" - hates him and that she never wants to see him again. She's joined with fellow alternative rock gal Maddie Urie, who echoes Sara's bitter words with some of her own. It's the classic bitter soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend ballad, with both women giving the song their all, obviously letting out some major emotions and feelings into the track as they describe the experience of slowly realizing just how much you can hate the person that you're with. The song overall is the perfect reintroduction for Sara into the music world, not only because it features such a big name as Maddie Urie, but because it also features some of the fantastic musical themes and vocals that Sara has always brought to her music that surely many fans have missed for the past few months that she's been away from the spotlight.

The track opens with both Sara Daniels and Maddie Urie softly whispering, "Just leave, leave, leave, leave..." as a heavy electropop beat comes in. The sound is almost menacing as it starts, and knowing that the track is titled Hate You can't mean that the song is going to be about anything particularly happy. There's a pause before you hear both of them whisper, "Leave," one last time, this time a little bit louder than the first line of the intro before a chaotic percussion comes in. There's no sure and stable beat - it constantly changes to keep up with Sara and Maddie's voices throughout the song. Sara starts off with the verse of the song, her voice very quick tempo-ed, seeming almost as if she is just speaking in rhythm rather than singing. She describes her relationship, saying that she's kept her hopes high that things will eventually work out between them, but she knows that in the end, he'll always find a reason to make her into the bad guy. She tells him that she pretends not to notice that everybody is watching them when they fight - just like they both pretend that they're actually working out their relationship when they yell at each other. Maddie takes the next verse, her voice mirroring the same way Sara's was before, singing that she knows that she has to get out of this relationship because it's never going to change. She asks for one more day, because she still has things she has to say to him. In the pre-chorus, although the beat seems to speed up, Sara and Maddie's voices slow down to the point where they are actually harmonizing and vocalizing with each other. They seem to be readying themselves for the chorus almost literally - obviously in the chorus is when they will ultimately decide to leave their boyfriends, so in the pre-chorus, they seem to be talking themselves into it, telling themselves that this is their "last chance" and that it's time to walk away.

Now with Sara, Maddie, and the listeners sufficiently convinced that the best thing to do would be to leave this relationship, the song launches into the chorus, where it finally happens. Sara sings, "I'm leaving," alone before they both sing together, explaining that for their own sake, they have to leave, because all the fighting that they've been doing isn't healthy. Maddie mirrors this as well in the third line of the chorus, singing, "'Cause I'm leaving," and then they come back together again, asking their now ex-boyfriend how it feels to realize that their love isn't real anymore. And then the moment that the singers and the listeners have been waiting for: Both girls enthusiastically proclaim, "I H-A-T-E Y-O-U," with Sara repeating behind - in case anybody forgot how to spell during the course of the song - "hate you," to which they then repeat the sentiment before going into the third verse of the song. Sara holds on to the end of, "you," until the music starts to fade out and returns to the very simple electro beat that it had before in the beginning of the song. Maddie starts this verse off, but now the girls aren't playing nice anymore. While the beginning of the song was full of them trying to convince themselves that leaving the relationship would be the best idea, now they're sure of it, and are ready to let their exes have it. Maddie tells her ex that she's not his to boss around anymore, and that he's been the reason she needs to drink this entire time. Sara echoes these sentiments, telling him that she can't wait to never see him or any of his dumbass friends again, and that she'll be gone before he can do anything about it. The pre-chorus and the chorus repeat themselves after that, but the girls' voices are a bit different: While before they seemed a little unsure of themselves and if they're making the right decision in the pre-chorus, now they're completely confident in their choice and are ready to get away. After the chorus, the song breaks down to the simplest beat it has, and now Sara and Maddie repeat, "Just leave," over almost no other sound except for each other's voices and this simple beat. The beat starts to speed up a little more by the second "Just leave," adding another, stronger beat into the mix. By the third time "Just leave," is repeated, the song is ready to return to the way it was before, with the girls singing their message of hate to their exes again before fading out. The music carries on for a few seconds longer, slowing down until finally ending with one final note.

Sara
Maddie
Both

Just leave, leave, leave, leave
Leave

I can't leave when hopes are high
Though I know who'll play the bad guy
I'll pretend that nobody's watching
While we pretend this yelling is talking

I know I should get away
I know this game that we play
Give me, give me one last day
Last words, last words to say

Got to get away from him
This is my last chance, sink or swim
Time to cut off this phantom limb

I'm leaving, can't take anymore fighting
And I will keep my head held high

'Cause I'm leaving, tell me how does it feel
To learn that love is a lie?

I H-A-T-E Y-O-U, hate you

So quit calling me your girl
Stop, unless you want my hate to unfurl
Because I'm done being scared to tell you what I think
You've been the reason I need to drink

Can't wait to never see you
And all your dumbass friends, too
Don't be surprised when you find that I'm gone
Or that all your shit is on the front lawn

Got to get away from him
This is my last chance, sink or swim
Time to cut off this phantom limb

I'm leaving, can't take anymore fighting
And I will keep my head held high

'Cause I'm leaving, tell me how does it feel
To learn that love is a lie?

Just leave, just leave, just leave

SOUNDS LIKE:
The Veronicas - Insomnia

thanks 3 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 23/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/10/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#26 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:19:43(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
this was a good album and very well put together, this gets five stars!

UserPostedImage

I had to, but still good job on this

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 23/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/10/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#27 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:25:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
this was a good album and very well put together, this gets five stars!

UserPostedImage

I had to, but still good job on this

OOC: Hooorayyy! Hahahah, thank you! :)
Offline erich hess  
#28 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:28:17(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Nina: and another name goes on our hit list,love.

Erica: yep. She's too good. She's gotta go. Death by kittens.

Nina: prepare the kitten cannon!

Chloe: being cleaned,ma'am.

Nina: well,shit.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#29 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:30:00(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Nina: and another name goes on our hit list,love.

Erica: yep. She's too good. She's gotta go. Death by kittens.

Nina: prepare the kitten cannon!

Chloe: being cleaned,ma'am.

Nina: well,shit.

Sara: Hahahah! Awww... Thank you, I think? Hahah, I'm really sad that I'm going to miss out on the kitten cannon. That sounded really adorable. And a little terrifying.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#30 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:35:42(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: There's something with you, I don't know if it's your lolita face plus an outrageous attitude that turns me on. But hey, I don't want you to think that's only image, I enjoyed the music too ;P

OOC: Loved the lyrics and the sound alikes too, very consistent.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline erich hess  
#31 Posted : 23 October 2014 03:37:23(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Erica: you are welcome. Due to regulations and common decency, the cannon does not launch kittens.

Nina: but it does launch catnip at a muzzle velocity of 5,000 fps. That really gets the herd of kittens running,love.

Erica: targets are trampled by tiny padded kitten feet. Thankfully,you will live to produce more great albums,Sarah.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#32 Posted : 23 October 2014 04:16:10(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Julia: There's something with you, I don't know if it's your lolita face plus an outrageous attitude that turns me on. But hey, I don't want you to think that's only image, I enjoyed the music too ;P

OOC: Loved the lyrics and the sound alikes too, very consistent.

Sara: Ahhhh, Julia! ;) same to you, babe! Mwah mwah mwah! Thank you!

OOC: Thank you very much! :)