logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2015 00:57:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “I Was Better Before the Break-Up”
Artist: Amy Meyer
Release Date: February 14, 2015
Length: 4:17
Recorded: Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genre(s): Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock, Pop
Label: Kaleidescope Records
Writer: Amy Meyer
Producer: Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“I Was Better Before the Break-Up” is the fourth solo single from American singer-songwriter ‘Amy Meyer’, most well known as the lead singer of former pop-punk giants ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. It marks a continually steady build towards her as-yet-untitled debut solo album although media outlets have questioned the success of her solo career thus far in comparison to the rapid-fire success that she garnered with her former band. Two of her previous three solo singles have only just managed to scrape into a top ten position on the singles chart, usually that would be automatically considered good-going but with high expectations from the former rocker those sorts of chart positions are considered less than desirable, however, “Stars” which was her second official solo single did appear to be the one that would truly launch this new era for Meyer as it peaked at the top position, proving that she does have the capability to stand alone and remain succesfull in doing so. It’s thought that the reaction of her fourth single could be the deciding factor in whether her solo career is so far considered a success or ultimately a failure.

Her latest song was written around October 2014 and many have already begun stringing together theories of the songs true topic, it’s title alone screams an obvious inspiration from a real-life event and it’s lyrics appear to accentuate that. Back in August last year, Riot! In The Boulevard played their final show together at least for a while and announced to their fans that they were taking a break, they refused to call it a break-up because they felt that they would be back making music again sometime in the future, but the fans took the news as the band breaking up and already parts of the bands internet fanbase are speculating that the song will be about the bands end rather than a personal relationship break-up, all of this speculation was of course only based on it’s title as it had yet to debut at the time. However, lyrics in the song do relate to a romantic relationship in parts (“They say, I’m not built to get over anyone/Yeah, they say I was happier before he had gone.”) As those lyrics in particular indicate a more traditional meaning to the term ‘break-up’ but their obsessive fans will no doubt continue to speculate the songs true meaning, no doubt.

The song was recorded in the winter of 2014 at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada and was produced by Amy Meyer alongside Christian Fallon. Unlike her previous singles, this latest track finds Amy Meyer embracing her pop-punk roots as opposed to the melodic piano-led backdrop of her previous solo efforts. The inclusion of an electric guitar and drums manage to give the song a fire that Amy is able to play-off of so well as she has shown in the past with her former band. The song is fast-paced and features catchy lyrics that manage to convey energy and emotion at the very same time, another trick that she mastered in her previous life as band-leader. The single will be released on Saturday 14, February 2015 as a CD Single, Digital Download and 7” Single and will be distributed through Kaleidescope Records.

Amy’s Comments;

“So here’s another song for you guys and gals out there, I know they’ve sort of been slow-burners and kinda sporadic over the last few months, but I promise that I’m working as hard and as rampantly as I possibly can to get this album finished up and just finally put it out there so that you guys can here what I’ve been doing and so that I can play em’ live for you all ...

I feel super-passionately about this record, my aim from the outset was to create as personal a record as I could and provide the sort of songs that come from the very pit of my soul. Of course I’m aware maybe more than anyone that once a song is out there for people to dissect, it’s meaning isn’t what you felt but instead what they interpret it to be and I’ve made my peace with that and I’ve learnt to embrace that over the years, of course my songs mean the exact same to me as they did the day I wrote it, but I love hearing the theories behind my songs, some which are a whole lot deeper than when I actually wrote them.
But that’s for another time ...

My latest song is called “I Was Better Before the Break-Up”, I know it’s maybe a contentious title but it seemed like the only thing that the song could be titled, if I had the ability to write titles first and lyrics second then my life would be a whole lot easier haha but sadly my life doesn’t work in those ways. Anyway, I don’t want to go too much into what the song is about because I think the fun is to find what it means to you and relate it to your own life. It can be about a freindship ending or a romantic relationship ending, it could be about a band that you like deciding to go their own way, whatever you feel is whatever it is.
To me, fundementally, the song is about loss ... Loss of love, loss of control, loss of innocence and we can all relate to that.
So there you go, hope you like the song xoxo”
- Amy Meyer

Lyrics

“I saw your face today
For the first time in a long time
And those feelings all came flooding back to me
It’s been countless years since I’ve even thought about you
So how come one moment of contact
Is enough to bring out all of my insecurities
Memories come flooding back

I thought that I had gotten over you
But I guess I just forced myself not to give you a seconds thought
And I guess you were just buried beneath everything
It comes pouring out, like a slit to my throat
And I cried tonight
First time in a real long time
I was restless
Now I’m pretty scared
That I’ll not be able to forget you
That I won’t be able to erase you from my head

They tell me
I was better before the break-up
Happiness faded since
They say, I’m not built to get over anyone
Yeah, they say I was happier before he had gone
They tell me
It’s time for a shake-up
Because I was better before the break-up

My friends they’ve tried to help me
They know that I’m not great at being lonely
They know that I’ve never loved so much in my life
Than I loved the thought of becoming your wife
But they watch, they look, they see
Constantly watching over me
And I’m truly grateful
Forever hateful
Of the fact that I’m such a mess
But I digress

They tell me
I was better before the break-up
Happiness faded since
They say, I’m not built to get over anyone
Yeah, they say I was happier before he had gone
They tell me
It’s time for a shake-up
Because I was better before the break-up”
thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 15/02/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 15/02/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/02/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/02/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/02/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 15/02/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/02/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/02/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 23/02/2015(UTC), erich hess on 23/02/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2015 02:41:31(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: This is Hit-Material. I love it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/02/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2015 03:06:51(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Sabrina: Worry no more if Amy isn't going to be alright as a solo artist she is going to be just fine and by just fine mean if only I can have a career like hers.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/02/2015(UTC)
Online C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 17 February 2015 05:35:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: This is Hit-Material. I love it!

Amy: Awwh thank you Aliya, I'm pleased you enjoyed the song! :)
Online C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2015 05:38:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Sabrina: Worry no more if Amy isn't going to be alright as a solo artist she is going to be just fine and by just fine mean if only I can have a career like hers.

Amy: Thanks Sabrina, no need to wish that, you're doing your own thing and I'm sure you have a huge career in front of you! Thanks for the kind words :)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 22 February 2015 04:10:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Beautiful song, Amy. But I expect nothing less from one of the greatest songwriters of this generation ;) And I know what you mean, sometimes my song titles are like 'Whaaat?' haha.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 22/02/2015(UTC)
Online C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 23 February 2015 05:07:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Isabel: Beautiful song, Amy. But I expect nothing less from one of the greatest songwriters of this generation ;) And I know what you mean, sometimes my song titles are like 'Whaaat?' haha.

Amy: Awh thank you Izzy, that is super sweet!
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#8 Posted : 23 February 2015 07:38:53(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Bill Owens: Quality work here, your solo career is going to be huge, I'm sure of that. You're making a great job, really liked this single!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 23/02/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 23 February 2015 09:47:45(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Aaaand that's how you write a chorus, ladies and gents. Gimme writing lessons, queen! Heheh. I've followed you from the very start of your career with Riot! and I'm such a huge fan. So it's a beautiful sight to see you really come into your own and kill it more than ever. :))
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 23/02/2015(UTC)
Online C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 24 February 2015 00:16:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Realms Of Darkness Go to Quoted Post
Bill Owens: Quality work here, your solo career is going to be huge, I'm sure of that. You're making a great job, really liked this single!

Amy: Thank you, I'm just trying to explore as many different elements of music that I can right now! It's been really fun :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 24/02/2015(UTC)
Online C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 24 February 2015 00:18:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Aaaand that's how you write a chorus, ladies and gents. Gimme writing lessons, queen! Heheh. I've followed you from the very start of your career with Riot! and I'm such a huge fan. So it's a beautiful sight to see you really come into your own and kill it more than ever. :))

Amy: Hahah awwww thank you Valentina, so sweet! I really don't think you'll need much help, you seem to be doing great all by yourself. Thank you once again, it's been interesting to see what I can do and what I can't do musically, a couple of crunk songs had to be destroyed immediately ... just don't think it worked :/ haha