logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 30 March 2015 06:17:44(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
UserPostedImage

”Ladies and gentlemen, how’s things going?
It has been an incredibly crazy week, hasn’t it? On our last episode we had Andrea here as a guest which was an absolute delight of course. But I think the real question is, who would I rather have as a guest on this show? Andrea or Isabel ... *he pauses and the audience laughs* ... Uhh, well it’s very easy, see ... I like a guest who isn’t gimmicky, an can actually talk. And if I’m doing an interview with another female I don’t want her sounding like a mute. It’s a very easy choice, I’ll interview Andrea!
On a serious note though ... Did she actually stop to consider that if Isabel’s only contribution to music was to burp into a microphone and put it on iTunes it would still have more artistic integrity than anything that drama obsessed ass clown has ever done? I mean lets face it, If people are talking about you, it’s never anything to do with your music.
So really and I think I speak for America when I say this ... Actually no, I think I speak for all of humanity when I say this ... Actually no, I think I speak for all living and dead things when I say this and that includes plants too ... Please disappear!

Ladies and gentleberries, this weeks guest is one of the biggest dudes in rock music, please welcome James Urie!”

Greetings James Urie and welcome to the show. So you’ve been around the industry for around five years now, lots of ups and downs along the way, after five years, would you say you’re exactly where you hoped to be?
Hey there Jake! Thank you, its certainly nice to to be here since its been quite a while since I've done one of these. Five years I've been around, right? Time seriously flies man, its pretty crazy. Truthfully, I am extremely content where I am today but I cannot say this is where I hoped to be. In fact, I didn't even know where I wanted to be five years ago but thankfully through all the ups and down I can sit here and say that I'm very content, I'm happy. There's surely a lot of things I hope to do within the next five years, however. Haha.

Now during that time, you’ve worked with a whole host of names in the industry, who has been your favourite collaborator?
Yeah, I really dislike pin pointing people because everyone I've worked with has been a pleasure but for this one time I'll just have to say Amy Meyer. She appeared on my last album and we even teamed up to perform at a Chaos Awards sometime back. Her energy is undeniably bright and I feel like we have a lot in common, I know certain things have happened having to do with her and I certainly wish her the best and hopefully we can have a conversation soon. Every time we speak its a great time, so yeah, definitely Ms Meyer.

Is there anybody that you haven’t worked with that would be your dream person to team up with?
Wow, ummmm I've really worked with people in my past that were considered dreams and there was one in particular. That was Lily Abbot. Since that already happened and Broken was birthed and still is my favorite song ever recorded....I'm going to have to go with Ryan Ross Hernandez. I know Ryan is taking a break from things but he will always be a music legend in my eyes. Our music might be slightly different but I'd love to work with him some day in some form, I think it would make something really worthwhile.

There’s been a lot of attention on your private life. Fights and dramas with your brother Matt, but probably the biggest one would be your very short marriage with ‘Gemma’, she seemed like such a nice young girl when she was in that StarFactory girl group. What went wrong?
I don't want to get too much into it since well, thankfully its out of the tabloids. And Gemma and I have moved on so I don't want to really get this going on again. I, still to this day do not regret getting involved with her and the times that we did spend together when things were good, I cherished and won't ever forget. However, there comes a point where you give someone your all and you give them everything in your being not only physically, mentally and materialistically that eventually it comes down to one thing, that person gets spoiled and it really gets exhausting when you are giving 100 percent but receiving 40 percent. I can't say that I am an angel because I may have done things to upset her but after a while we just weren't compatible any longer, I wanted to work things out but she decided to walk out on me. I wish we didn't have a public dispute and it didn't come down to her singing songs about shooting me but I'll sit here today and say that I still respect Gemma and she stood with me through a difficult time. But I definitely feel free today and I'm better than hell. It hurt like hell at first, not having her around but with time it definitely gets better and I'm great.

It’s been a long time since your last album, what’s up with the huge delay?
Yeah after the last album I wanted at least a one or two year mirror before I release the next album to focus on things outside of my own music. Since the start of my career I never really got a chance to do those things and I thought before album four, take a small break... I began my acting career, landing the role on Everything's Fine as Ronan which has been an absolute blast. I've done some production work with artists like Edward Barat, did the track with The Wolverines and took some time to really just relax with family and begin writing for the upcoming album. It was really refreshing, when I slowed things down. I thought "wow, this is quite relaxing". Now its about time that I get back in full on action. Urie is fully rested, haha.

There isn’t a whole lot of competition when it comes to male solo artists doing rock music, who do you think the best one out there is right now?
I really wouldn't say anyone is the best. I think everyone that makes music is destined to do it for a certain purpose. Some people are more artistically inclined, while others are fully fledged entertainers. I think we are all really good at what our field of expertise in music is. So yeah, so much great talent I can't really choose one haha.

You’ve been signed to a few record labels over the years, which one would you say has been the best for you?
With all due respect to all the other labels I have been signed to..... I'll have to go with my current label Songs To Live and Die By. Its not because I'm currently with them right now but the fact that they are an indie label that supports us like any other conglomerate label is just really the best of both worlds. I call the shots on the music I create or the initial direction I want to take. Not saying that I wasn't able to do that at past labels, but with this one there's that feeling of independence and self rule. You do not have to present your body of work to an office of big wigs...you definitely can and should but I like to keep things a secret and a surprise and my current label let's you do so. Not to mention, the lady who runs it, Cara? Beautiful.

Lots of musicians have gone on to form hugely successful labels, Nadia Berry, Ryan Ross Hernandez, Scott Rose-Hilton and Amy Meyer are just a couple of them. Have you ever considered going down that route?
Yeah. I am actually working on an imprint right now! I'm rather glad you brought this up. For a while now I've been envisioning my own label where I can mold talent and sign artists. I'm in the early stages of getting something together to do it! It'll probably launch after I release my next album with my current label. Then I'd like to talk about it because I don't want to necessarily leave the label for my own. It'll all have a solution but I'm really excited about it.

Since you’re one of the more experience artists in the industry, what do you make of the industry now compared to when you first started out?
I definitely think its a lot..and I mean a lot...more social network driven and mainstream generic. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but when I came around we had many artists who were pushing boundaries of music without being afraid to do so. Now everyone wants to top the charts so everything has become a lot more watered down and influenced by what's current. Back in the day, a lot of what isn't expected or went against the grain was praised and accepted, now it'll get ignored or overlooked and its rather upsetting since its closed doors on many great under grounders that I look to introduce with my label. Today, there's fortunately still a handful of those "go against the grain" acts like myself, Juneau, The Enlightened, Aikya Balan just to name a few. Its great to see them achieving much success in a pop saturated industry.

We’ve never really seen you truly try out different genres with your music, do you think you’ll stick to the tried and tested formula that you’ve been doing for the past few years?
I have ventured, but not fully. Few months ago I did the dance record with The Wolverines called "Little Fire" and that was something I thought I'd never do and it turned out really well and is one of my top collaborations I've been apart of. I also featured on a track Tisha Jackson which was really R&B and a few others. So I can't say I've never ventured out but I'm very comfortable where I am musically and I'll probably continue to do collaborations outside of the alternative genre but I love the type of music I do too much to completely venture out and let's say, do a fully fledged dance pop album. That won't happen.

Alright, time for some quick questions
Cool!

First up, who is the person you would least like to work with?
Suzie. Great person to watch but I'd be afraid for my johnson if we ever worked together.

Since you’re now a bachelor in the industry and there’s a number of beautiful female musicians out there, who would be the first star on your sex wish list?
Sex wishlist? People are going to think I'm a complete creep if I give a name. Can we change it to maybe...."out to dinner" wish list? If so, I'd go with Cara Zayn. Sabina is very beautiful too.

If you could commit a crime and not get caught, what would it be and why?
Robbing Pink Floyd's entire catalog of music. Released and unreleased. Man that would be great.

If you could spend a night with anybody in the industry, who would it be?
Ummmm....Billy Khan. I know people would expect me to probably hate the guy but, I don't know him personally but I'd genuinely would like to have an conversation with him. I think he's going through alot and its really hard doing so in the public eye and I don't know him but I see myself in him maybe 3 years ago when I really was at the bottom mentally and I think we could probably relate on a few things, you never know. I

And finally, what do you think your legacy in the industry would be?
That's actually a great question but I dont know yet. I can't really sit here and say my legacy is the best solo rock artist in the world because I'd just be gloating and I don't really believe that's true but the legacy to my fans I think I hold is being an inspiration to all the odd balls and people who have dealt with depression and chronic sadness and gave them the strength and belief that there is a brighter tomorrow through my music and I will continue to do that for them until the day I die.
thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/03/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/03/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/03/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 30/03/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/03/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 30/03/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/03/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/03/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/04/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 30 March 2015 08:56:12(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Ahhhh, I love you man :P

Honor: Has it been that long? Geez, I remember when all you old timers were just newbies. But it's nice to seem that you've managed to stick around so long. Even if I don't like your music ALL the time, you're not that bad of an artist.

PS. Loving this show so much.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 30/03/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/03/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2015 09:26:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Thanks for having James do this! Great read in the end :)

Queen: Jake you are so shady. This is nearly as shady as how I was on The Queen Alexis Show, just a lot less upfront and more sarcastic. Nice little show here, even though James is quite a bore...I've got to respect him for keeping relevant for so long.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 04/04/2015(UTC)