logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:08:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday”
  Release Date: April 12, 2015
  Recorded: Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
  Genres: Pop, Alternative Rock
  Length: 50:19
  Label: Kaleidescope Records
  Producers: Amy Meyer

“Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday” is the debut solo album from American singer-songwriter ‘Amy Meyer’, best known as the lead singer of pop-punk heroes ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. It’s record that has been rumoured ever since the popular singer broke out into the industry with her band, but she always maintained that the band is where her loyalties lie, however following the bands decision to take a break after their 2013 album “Wild Young Things” it was inevitable that Meyer would explore her options as a solo artist. Despite a slow stuttering start, Meyer has managed to achieve two number one singles with songs “Stars” and “I Was Better Before The Break-Up” and a couple more hit singles along the way. She has not been without her critics though, with many pointing out that she can’t seem to figure where she belongs as a solo artist, shifting between the pop and rock genres and not excelling exceptionally as she did with her previous work in Riot!.

The album was recorded from July 2014 through to March 2015 at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada. An entirely solo effort, Meyer was the only person to have a hand in all process of the album, from lyrics to instrumentation to production and vocals. The album finds Meyer taking a more slower emotional route with her music as opposed to the fiery and energetic route that she was known for in her previous work. The album will be released on April 12, 2015 and will be released through Kaleidescope Records.

Tracklisting;

1. Wonderstruck (5:02)
  2. Stars (4:51)
  3. Freefalling (4:37)
  4. Love Letters and Old Records (5:11)
  5. Treat Her Right (4:22)
  6. Haze (3:54)
  7. This Heart Beats Only For You (4:06)
  8. I Was Better Before the Break-Up (4:17)
  9. Reflections (4:27)
  10. Daddy’s Girl (5:49)
  11. Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday (5:03)

OOC: It's just one of those annoying lyrics only ones (apart from singles), feel free to ignore this one, my heart is totally not in this album, just wanna get it out of the way already. :)
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 12/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/04/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/04/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 20/04/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:09:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 1 - Wonderstruck

UserPostedImage

Title: “Wonderstruck”
Artist: Amy Meyer
Release Date: November 30, 2014
Length: 5:02
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Coloured Vinyl, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: (October/November 2014) - Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genre: Pop-Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Kaleidescrope Records
Writer(s): Amy Meyer
Producer(s): Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“Wonderstruck” is the third solo single released from from American pop-punk musician ‘Amy Meyer’, best known as lead singer of multi-platinum rock group ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. It follows on from previous singles ‘Freefalling’ and ‘Stars’ which are both expected to feature on her still untitled debut solo album expected early next year. Therefore marking another step into the unknown world of band leader to solo artist, the jury is still somewhat out on Meyer as a solo artist, lack of mainstream promotion in the same way that Riot! used is a possibility for the stunted nature of her solo career thus far, but it would appear that Meyer is holding back from over-selling herself as a solo artist, perhaps even opting to take her time with her music in a way that she had never done before as lead singer of Riot! with whom productivity was one of their major draws, pulling out four studio albums in four years and over double that amount of singles in the same time period, add to this the countless weeks and months on the road and you have a band that were perhaps one of the most hard-working acts the industry had ever seen up to that point, with Meyer though it appears that her full focus hasn’t quite been on her new role as a solo musicians, with just three singles to her name and only one major live performance at the most recent Fan Choice Awards it seems like she’s had trouble finding her feet, will she be able to do that with her latest single?

The song was recorded between late October and early November at her own studios, Half-Moon Studios based in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada and was produced by Meyer alongside ‘Christian Fallon’. The song like her previous singles has veered away from the traditional sounds of her work with Riot! As one would expect and the focus once again has shifted to melody and emotion with Meyer one more using a Piano as the primary and in this case only instrument on show, it works well as Meyer can delivery her carefully written words in a way that feels honest and heartwrenching, despite the high energy levels and the punchy vocals she has shown herself to have in the past, she also has a keen ear for the soft melodic approach and she appears to be really putting emphasis on this side of her voice, if you combine that with the tender tones of the piano keys and here you have a powerful track laced with innocence.

The single will be released by Amy Meyer under Kaleidescope Records, where she recently signed her first ever solo contract with and intends to release her debut album through that same label. The track is expected to make the next step in the album build but is also expected to be the final thing we hear from Meyer in 2014. The track comes in at just over five minutes in length and will be available as a CD Single, Digtial Download, Coloured Vinyl and will be made available to Weekly Airplay. The track was written by Meyer and will be released on November 30, 2014.

Lyrics

“Grasping hands so tight in the dead of the night
And we whispered to each other, let’s run
We found ourselves that year
Without a single care
But now we’ll never be quite as young
I saw that sparkle when you looked into my eyes
And it felt like moments would last for days
And I’m holding out for another one like you
Even though they say that’s not how this story plays
Don’t go wishing it away

Life is a gift that we’re given each day
So don’t go wishing it away
So please don’t go wishing it away
Because the greatest things don’t always last
We’ve got too much ahead of us to be looking at the past

My father used to tell me to follow my heart
He said it might get bruised along the way
But he never mentioned that it could hurt so badly
The truth is that I wouldn’t want this any other way
And he told me to always be a dreamer
To be a wild young thing
And I may lose hope along the way
But part of the adventure is in the believing

I was wonderstuck from the very start
Catching fireflies in a tiny jar

So please don’t go wishing it away
Because the greatest things don’t always last
We’ve got too much ahead of us to be looking at the past

Catching fireflies in a tiny jar”
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/04/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/04/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:10:15(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 2 - “Stars”

UserPostedImage

Title: “Stars”
Release Date: September 6, 2014
Length: 4:51
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: August 2014 - Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Genre: Pop-Rock, Piano Rock, Alternative Rock
Producer(s): Amy Meyer

“Stars” is the second solo single released from American musician ‘Amy Meyer’. Best known as the lead singer of the multi-platinum rock group ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’, she has recently ventured into the dangerous situation that is known as the post-band solo career which in history has shown that it’s often not the greatest idea. Her first solo effort ‘Freefalling’ failed to ignite any real amount of interest, failing to receive any real recognition in the industry and stalling in the middle of the top twenty charts, this could have been down to a number of possible aspects, lack of promotion and the post-Riot! Hangover seemingly the main reasons for this, but there has also been rumours that a lot of Riot! Fans will shy away from Meyer’s solo work as she appears to be interested in broadening her genre horizons beyond the rock scene that she specialized in as the frontwoman of the hugely succesfull band. Instead she appears to be more interested in using the emotive and melodic nature of the piano keys in a way to share her current muses, much in the same way as somebody like ‘Christina Perri’ or perhaps even ‘Avril Lavigne’ has done in recent years.

“Stars” follows on the heels of previous effort “Freefalling”, the later showcasing the musicians songwriting ability beyond Riot! And giving a real glimpse into the inner workings of one the more popular musicians in recent memory. “Stars” showcases her ability to use simple imagery to get her point across, although it feels more like a Riot! Song than her first solo single, it certainly feels like we’re beginning to see the all-round ability of Meyer as she attemps to break-free from the shackles that Riot!’s legacy still clearly carry.
The song was written between July and August 2014 by Amy Meyer while finishing up the final dates of Riot!s world tour and the track was recorded at the end of August following their final show in London earlier that month. The track like the majority of Meyer’s work was recorded at the studio designed by herself called ‘Half-Moon Studios’ in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada.

The single will be the first to be released by Amy Meyer under contract at Kaleidescope Records. She recently signed her first ever solo record deal at the label and confirmed in a recent interview that she plans to begin work on her solo album now that a label is in place for her to release her solo music. The track is likely to mark the beginning of her debut album process and is likely to be seen as the hype or lead single from the record with “Freefalling” being seen more as a promo single. The track comes in at just under five minutes in length and will be made available as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single and will also be made available to weekly airplay. The track was written and produced entirely by Amy Meyer as well as the instrumentals and composition being entirely created and crafted solely by Amy Meyer. The song will see it’s release date on the weekend of September 6, 2014.

Rolling Stone Review

“It’s highly difficult to speak about Amy Meyer without mentioning Riot!, this could of course bring it’s own problems as the former lead singer of the band begins prepping her solo career. She comes out of the blocks fighting with her lead single “Stars” showing that the songwriting ability and voice that many fell in love with is still very much intact. But this moves away from the energy of Riot! And into a new territory, where the piano is this melancholic backdrop to a cavalcade of wisdom by the still only 21 year old musician. She shows wisdom beyond her years and seems to be embracing and relishing this voice of her generation role that she seems to have, the songs opening verse with the line ‘Perhaps we’re just a little too close to the image to really see the bigger picture’ it’s simplistic but it works well especially as the prelude to the following line, ‘Because when you’re young your heart seems more wilder and free/And as you age you learn to only let the good ones in’ the reason that the line truly works is because of the soothing nature of Amy’s voice on the track, you put together that combination of lyrics, vocals and throw in the pianos melody and you’ve got an emotive song.

This is why as her first solo effort, it works in moving away from her legacy with the band and into this new chapter. But shades of Riot! Do emerge as the song progressive, the refrain of ‘So take a chance, take a risk, on a moment, just like this’ sung repetitively is enough to bring back memories of Riot’s breakthough and the catchy lyrics found on their self-titled debut. As the band grew, the lyrics moved away from that but with this refrain, it helps to bring back that same feeling that you felt listening to their debut and this is easily the most catchy song Amy has written since that debut album three years ago. Lyrically the song is very good, perhaps not quite up there with Amy’s best written work but vocally she delivers the words with the soothing emotion that they dictate and for that reason, it’s a great new start”

Songwriters Comments

“It’s an unusual feeling to be talking about my first real solo effort, but it’s a nice feeling in a way. When we first started I just so myself as part of Riot! With my buddies, I didn’t really think about the possibility of making music on my own, probably because it was and still is a very scaring thought for me. But here we are and it’s a completely different challenge, it certainly doesn’t feel like the way it did with Riot!, although towards the end of our run there it did begin to get a little mundane for us. I think the time was right for us to draw a line over things for now, simply because I think we were out of ideas and consistency is great but you have to evolve these days and it’s not always the easiest thing to do in the music industry.
But here we are and it’s my first real effort with my solo music, of course some of you may have heard the demo track “Freefalling”, there was no intentions with that song, I wrote it and I felt like the song said everything that I needed to say at that time and that was really the main reason for me putting out that demo, now I have this song and this is the indication of where I’m gonna go with my music as a solo artist and I’m quite pleased with the results.

There will always be that cloud of Riot! That hangs over all three of us with Adam and Jason I think they have the right ideas, step away from it completely. Adam’s solo music is so completely different from Riot! That it’s not a question that’s looming over him right now and Jason has stepped out of it completely for now. The fact that it was my voice that you heard when you listened to Riot! Makes it a little more tricky for me to step out on my own, because I have that exact same voice and so you’ll feel at times like my solo music and Riot’s are connected but I’ve just got to create music that I believe in and I think the move away from that energetic rock sound will help in some ways. It feels good to hear just a voice and a piano on this song, it’s not something that I explored in any real depth with the band and so I see this opportunity as one where I can go places that I wouldn’t have with Riot!.
Hopefully you enjoy it! Xxx”

Lyrics

“Maybe there’s a reason why we were all built this way
And perhaps we’re just a little too close to the image to really see the bigger picture
Because when you’re young your heart seems more wilder and free
And as you age you learn to only let the good ones in
Because somewhere along the way, life taught us how to be more guarded
And we protect our hearts with all of our might
But emptiness doesn’t keep us warm in the dead of night
And before you know it
It feels like life has passed us all
And you’re just left
With only your shadow on the bedroom wall

It can be tricky to find the right path
To let yourself be open to the possibilities that may come your way
And it can be heard to learn to love after pain
But you can’t hide away for fear of having those wounds opened up again
And all you want to do is have it all figured out
Although you feel voiceless
It doesn’t mean that you should go through this drought

So take a chance, take a risk
On a moment, just like this
Take a chance, take a risk
Just take a chance, take a risk

We’re all born as tiny little twinkles
Glimmering with hope and beauty and possibility
And sometimes life tries it’s best to take away that sparkle
But inside you is where it always remains
And when the time comes for you
You could learn to love again

So take a chance, take a risk
Take a chance, take a risk
Just take a chance, take a risk
A moment of pure bliss

And when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair
Remember it’s only in the black of night that you see the stars up there
And they’ll forever shine down on you
For as long as you’re breathing
They’ll be with you
As long as you’re breathing
Your inner star will never be leaving”
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/04/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/04/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:11:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 3 - "Freefalling"

UserPostedImage

Title: “Freefalling”
Release Date: April 19, 2014
Length: 4:37
Format: CD Single, 7” Single, Coloured Vinyl
Recorded: March 2014 – Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
Genre: Pop-Rock, Piano Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Songs to Love and Die By
Producer(s): Amy Meyer

“Freefalling”

“I could look across this city
At all of the faces that I, once knew
I can picture the playing fields
Where as children, we’d play and then we grew
But I guess that I’ve grown older
I know I can feel it, in my skin and bones
They say that you’ve grown colder
Not the friend that we’ve always known

Well I guess that time changes everything
Life’s never as rosy as it may seem
I just thought that we’d still have each other to lean upon
As we worked towards our dream
Instead your words that used to keep me alive
Are cutting deep into the scars that you helped to heal
And I’ve been crying brand new tears now
I just wish I could find a way to explain how I feel
But words don’t come easy no more
Out of reach
Like dreams you’ve let go

I feel I’m fallin’ to the ground
And nothing can break my fall tonight
I’m tumbling to the earth
At the roll of a dice
And I’m afraid that I can’t grasp on
That the end is coming near
I’ve never been too afraid to die
But now I’m living in fear

I’m freefalling from the sky
Crashing to the ground
I’m freefalling from the highest heights
To an unfamiliar sound
I’m crying out for you my friend
But you won’t reach out a helping hand
I’m calling out for a saviour tonight
This isn’t how we planned

If anybody ever truly knew me
You’d have been the one
They say I was naïve to believe
And I’m left with shadows now that you’ve gone
And I’m trying to keep my spirit
To fight like we said we’d always do
I’m trying to believe that I was always strong
But the evidence suggests it was all because of you

You’ve cut deep into the scars that you helped to heal
And I’ve been crying brand new tears now
I just wish I could find a way to explain how I feel
But the words don’t come so easily these days
So I’ll let these songs speak the words that my heart just can’t

Crashing to the ground
To an unfamiliar sound
This isn’t how we planned

I feel I’m fallin’ to the ground
And nothing can break my fall tonight
I’m tumbling to the earth
At the roll of a dice
And I’m afraid that I can’t grasp on
That the end is coming near
I’ve never been too afraid to die
But now I’m living in fear

Crashing to the ground
To an unfamiliar sound
This isn’t how we planned”
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/04/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:12:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 4 - “Love Letters And Old Records”

“I still remember you, the love letters that we wrote
I still remember you and the old records that we’d listen to
I still remember you, photographs remain
I still remember you, the good times and the pain
But do you still remember me
I don’t even remember the person I used to be

Late nights spent talking on the phone
We’d write letters to each other
About our fears of being all alone
Re-assurances that we’ll always have each other
That forever is a long time
But we’d be by each other’s side

But you’re not listening, you don’t understand
You aren’t listening, you don’t understand
You’re not listening, you don’t understand me

Turn the key in the car, the ignition starting up
Feels like the song on the radio was written about our love
With the top rolled down on a late summer night
We’d drive through the city until we could see the light
And we’d be screaming out
To our favourite song
An endless summer in love
Is where we belong
But sooner or later
You discover it’s all gone
Summer departs
Leaves behind the broken hearts

But the melody keeps me calm
Gets me through the darkest storm
The words, they make me smile
For the first time in a long while

We buried the love letters in the backyard
Now you’re gone, I’ll dig them back up
We buried the old records in the backyard
Now that you’ve gone, I’ll dig them back up
We buried our dreams out in the backyard
But since you’ve gone I’m gonna dig them back up

But you’re not listening, you don’t understand
You aren’t listening, you don’t understand
You’re not listening, you don’t understand me

I guess moving on is hard
But I’m finally ready to kiss goodbye
Because I can see more clearly
The letters and the music lies
Yeah, the letters and the music lies

I guess moving on is hard
But I’m finally ready to kiss goodbye
Because I can see more clearly
The letters and the music lies
Yeah, the letters and the music lies”
snap_itshannah on 12/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 12/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/04/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:12:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 5 - “Treat Her Right”

“I hope that you can see how lucky you are
To call that girl your own
I hope you see the beauty in her flaws
And all the things that make her so special to the rest of us
And I hope that you can make her smile
And keep that smile on her face
I hope that you realize
I hope you realize everything you’ve got

Please treat her right
The way that she should be
We all have insecurities inside of us
Some are clear to see

I may have lost a friend
But I’ll never stop caring for her dearly
I hope that you give her all that she truly needs
You’ve won the battle … clearly
And I was the castaway
Swept aside for a guy like you
But that’s okay
I’m willing to go away
As long as you love her right and true

Please treat her right
Some are more clear to see
Treat her right
Because I’m not there to do that anymore
And I’m fine being the castaway
Crashing and crumbling
Like waves on a shore

I’ll walk away from my best friend
If it’s want she needs
I’ll let love conquer all this time
But promise me that you’ll never leave
Because if I’m not there
Then she’s gonna need you beside her
We may not get along
And I can no longer be the collider

So all I ask …
Please treat her right
Some are clear to see”
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:13:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 6 - “Haze”

“Strangers grasping my hand tonight
They lead me to a place that I’ve never been
I’m staring at unfamiliar faces again
Of people that I’ve never seen
Alcohol flows and smoke seems to fill the air
Their glazed over eyes
Haunted and dazed
I’m feeling a little lost tonight
Alone and out of place

Hoping you’ll take me home tonight
Take me away from this place
I’m hoping that you’ll get me out of here
Praying that I’ll see your face
If there’s a chance that you’ll rescue me
Then I hope that it’s a chance that you take
Because these days I’m feeling a little lost without you
I’m afraid

Come take me away
Show me someplace new
Come take me away tonight
To a place for just me and you
Come take me away
Show me someplace new
To a place for just me and you

I’ve always been one to feel alone
In those overcrowded spaces
I’ve always felt uncomfortable and numb
In those unfamiliar places
The music overpowering our voices
The smoke filling the floor
Alcohol spilling from drunken stumbles
I don’t need this anymore

Come take me away
Take me away from the haze
Take me far from those neon lights
Take me away
Rescue me from the numbness
Take me away
Give me a new kind of rush”
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:13:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 7 - “This Heart Beats Only For You”

“Don’t leave me alone tonight because I can’t face another night staring into the abyss
I can’t even stand being in my own company
I’m not a nice person to be around
Everybody knows that I’m flawed up from the ground
But that didn’t ever matter to you
You didn’t care about the screwed up things that I’d do
Instead you said that nobody’s perfect
So I wonder why you left

Yeah, I’m a nobody
I don’t deserve to be happy
And I hate you for making me believe that I did
But oh, how I still love you, kid
I love you forever
The biggest obsession I’ve ever known,
That’s why it hurts that I’m on my own
I hate being all alone

Yeah, I was intense
Took things a little too far
I carved your name into my arm
And it’s turned into a scar
But I love you
That should be all that matters
Yeah, I love you
I thought you loved me too

I can’t cry no more
All of my tears have dried on their own
My voice is hoarse and I can’t even scream or shout
When all I wanna do is let it all out
Don’t you see
You’re screwed up like me
Don’t you see
You were meant for me
It’s true
And I was meant for you

I don’t feel like I want to carry on
I was never much of a believer in love anyway
So why did you have to leave me this way
Yeah, it’s true
This heart beats only for you
Yeah, it’s true
This heart beats only for you
Yeah, it’s true
This heart beats only for you”
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:14:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 8 - “I Was Better Before The Break-Up”

UserPostedImage

Title: “I Was Better Before the Break-Up”
Release Date: February 14, 2015
Length: 4:17
Genre(s): Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock, Pop
Writer: Amy Meyer
Producer: Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“I Was Better Before the Break-Up” is the fourth solo single from American singer-songwriter ‘Amy Meyer’, most well known as the lead singer of former pop-punk giants ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. It marks a continually steady build towards her as-yet-untitled debut solo album although media outlets have questioned the success of her solo career thus far in comparison to the rapid-fire success that she garnered with her former band. Two of her previous three solo singles have only just managed to scrape into a top ten position on the singles chart, usually that would be automatically considered good-going but with high expectations from the former rocker those sorts of chart positions are considered less than desirable, however, “Stars” which was her second official solo single did appear to be the one that would truly launch this new era for Meyer as it peaked at the top position, proving that she does have the capability to stand alone and remain succesfull in doing so. It’s thought that the reaction of her fourth single could be the deciding factor in whether her solo career is so far considered a success or ultimately a failure.

Her latest song was written around October 2014 and many have already begun stringing together theories of the songs true topic, it’s title alone screams an obvious inspiration from a real-life event and it’s lyrics appear to accentuate that. Back in August last year, Riot! In The Boulevard played their final show together at least for a while and announced to their fans that they were taking a break, they refused to call it a break-up because they felt that they would be back making music again sometime in the future, but the fans took the news as the band breaking up and already parts of the bands internet fanbase are speculating that the song will be about the bands end rather than a personal relationship break-up, all of this speculation was of course only based on it’s title as it had yet to debut at the time. However, lyrics in the song do relate to a romantic relationship in parts (“They say, I’m not built to get over anyone/Yeah, they say I was happier before he had gone.”) As those lyrics in particular indicate a more traditional meaning to the term ‘break-up’ but their obsessive fans will no doubt continue to speculate the songs true meaning, no doubt.

The song was recorded in the winter of 2014 at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada and was produced by Amy Meyer alongside Christian Fallon. Unlike her previous singles, this latest track finds Amy Meyer embracing her pop-punk roots as opposed to the melodic piano-led backdrop of her previous solo efforts. The inclusion of an electric guitar and drums manage to give the song a fire that Amy is able to play-off of so well as she has shown in the past with her former band. The song is fast-paced and features catchy lyrics that manage to convey energy and emotion at the very same time, another trick that she mastered in her previous life as band-leader. The single will be released on Saturday 14, February 2015 as a CD Single, Digital Download and 7” Single and will be distributed through Kaleidescope Records.

Amy’s Comments;

“So here’s another song for you guys and gals out there, I know they’ve sort of been slow-burners and kinda sporadic over the last few months, but I promise that I’m working as hard and as rampantly as I possibly can to get this album finished up and just finally put it out there so that you guys can here what I’ve been doing and so that I can play em’ live for you all ...

I feel super-passionately about this record, my aim from the outset was to create as personal a record as I could and provide the sort of songs that come from the very pit of my soul. Of course I’m aware maybe more than anyone that once a song is out there for people to dissect, it’s meaning isn’t what you felt but instead what they interpret it to be and I’ve made my peace with that and I’ve learnt to embrace that over the years, of course my songs mean the exact same to me as they did the day I wrote it, but I love hearing the theories behind my songs, some which are a whole lot deeper than when I actually wrote them.
But that’s for another time ...

My latest song is called “I Was Better Before the Break-Up”, I know it’s maybe a contentious title but it seemed like the only thing that the song could be titled, if I had the ability to write titles first and lyrics second then my life would be a whole lot easier haha but sadly my life doesn’t work in those ways. Anyway, I don’t want to go too much into what the song is about because I think the fun is to find what it means to you and relate it to your own life. It can be about a freindship ending or a romantic relationship ending, it could be about a band that you like deciding to go their own way, whatever you feel is whatever it is.
To me, fundementally, the song is about loss ... Loss of love, loss of control, loss of innocence and we can all relate to that.
So there you go, hope you like the song xoxo”
- Amy Meyer

Lyrics

“I saw your face today
For the first time in a long time
And those feelings all came flooding back to me
It’s been countless years since I’ve even thought about you
So how come one moment of contact
Is enough to bring out all of my insecurities
Memories come flooding back

I thought that I had gotten over you
But I guess I just forced myself not to give you a seconds thought
And I guess you were just buried beneath everything
It comes pouring out, like a slit to my throat
And I cried tonight
First time in a real long time
I was restless
Now I’m pretty scared
That I’ll not be able to forget you
That I won’t be able to erase you from my head

They tell me
I was better before the break-up
Happiness faded since
They say, I’m not built to get over anyone
Yeah, they say I was happier before he had gone
They tell me
It’s time for a shake-up
Because I was better before the break-up

My friends they’ve tried to help me
They know that I’m not great at being lonely
They know that I’ve never loved so much in my life
Than I loved the thought of becoming your wife
But they watch, they look, they see
Constantly watching over me
And I’m truly grateful
Forever hateful
Of the fact that I’m such a mess
But I digress

They tell me
I was better before the break-up
Happiness faded since
They say, I’m not built to get over anyone
Yeah, they say I was happier before he had gone
They tell me
It’s time for a shake-up
Because I was better before the break-up”
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:14:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 9 - “Reflections”

“I’m not falling anymore
I’m not fading fast these days
I’m not drowning in this messed up world
I’m not stuck in this place
I’m a fighter
I always have been
I’m a brave soul with a big heart
I’m walking towards the finish line tonight
I’m not running back to the start

See over time, people can get us down
For a moment, we start to drown
But we learn that their words are hollow and empty
And we’ve got more, yeah we’ve got plenty
Inside of us
We’ve got the biggest hearts
That’s why they’ll never tear us apart

I’m staring at my reflection
And I don’t feel afraid anymore
I can’t see the past that I’ve let go
I’m feeling okay for the very first time
And I feel perfectly fine

So they can try to hurt us
They can try to drag us down
They can try to kill our spirit
But we have learnt to stand our ground

They can stare and judge with all their might
But we can make it through the night
I believe we can stand taller than ever before
Because we are exactly what we are
We can see the beauty in this world
With each and every shining star

So they can try to hurt us
They can try to drag us down
They can try to kill our spirit
But we have learnt to stand our ground

And I don’t feel afraid anymore
I can’t see the past that I’ve let go
I’m feeling okay for the very first time
And I feel perfectly fine”
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:15:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 10 - “Daddy’s Girl”

“I remember being six years old
When you waited outside in the cold
Just to get me the thing that I treasured the most
And you hustled through the crowd
But daddy, the thing that I treasure the most
Is the hope that I can make you proud
And maybe I did, or maybe I haven’t yet,
But for all that you gave
I’ll never forget

When the angels took you away
I heard the people say
That we’ll never get to see your face again
And that was the very worst pain
And I sat up all night
Cried for days and weeks
Cried for so long
But I realize that those people were wrong

I’ll always be daddy’s girl
And thank you for trying to give me the world
And everything I ever longed for, doesn’t really matter anymore
Because you’re the one thing in my life that I miss
So father please promise me this
Promise me you’re okay

Because I know you’re watching me
And if I close my eyes and focus hard enough
I can see your face again
I can see the image of when you were young
And I relive the moment when you first met my mom
And I picture your smile when you were handed me for the very first time
And those tears dropped onto the tiny hands of mine
And maybe you’re gone
But your memory will live on

But I never got the chance, no, I never got the chance
I never got the chance, to really say thank you
To really say thank you
For everything that you have done for me
And my love for you will always be held so dearly
So close to my heart
So that when we’re apart
I’ll still have you here with me

But I know you’re watching me
And if I close my eyes and focus hard enough
I can see your face again
And the image of you and mom when you were both young
It’s weird because my brothers look like you so much
And I smile when they look at me
And it’s almost like I see my dad staring back at me

I’ll always be daddy’s girl
And thank you for trying to give me the world
And everything I ever longed for, doesn’t really matter anymore
Because you’re the one thing in my life that I miss
So father please promise me this
Promise me you’re okay”
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 12 April 2015 06:16:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Track 11 - “Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday”

UserPostedImage

Title: “Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday”
Release Date: March 07, 2015
Length: 5:03
Genre(s): Pop-Rock, Ballad, Acoustic
Writer: Amy Meyer
Producer(s): Amy Meyer, Christian Fallon

“Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday” is the fifth solo single from American singer-songwriter ‘Amy Meyer’, it marks another major step in the former Riot! In The Boulevard frontwomans solo career as the build toward her debut album intensifies more as the albums completion is on the horizon. Breaking out into the music industry with an ambitious mentality with her band, the lead singer was always looked upon as the member most likely to break-out on her own and talk of her stepping away from the band and crafting her own career as a solo artist was a constant rumour in the music industry. Meyer however ignored those claims and crafted four albums with her band before they decided to go their seperate ways for a while, still she wasn’t the first to release solo material and her transition from band leader to solo star has been slow and stunted at times as she opted to take her time with her solo album.
However, after months spent in recording studios and even giving up her hands on role at her own record label, she has finally managed to complete the recording and production on her debut album, her four previous singles all likely to feature on the record which is expected to be announced for an April/May release date. Her latest single, is also rumoured to be the title track from the album, with many rumours circulating in recent weeks that the record will be titled, “Seven Dreams Til’ Sunday”.

This latest single was written in December 2014 while Meyer was back in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada. According to Meyer, re-connecting with places and people from her early teenage years helped inspire the song as she remembered the lost girl that she was back then, the girl that felt love for the first time and had her heart broken for the very first time too and her pride in knowing that she was no longer the lost girl, the pride in the fact that she had found herself when she never truly thought she would. The song was also reportedly written while staying in her childhood home which just enhanced her memories of the younger version of herself.
Reviews for the brand new song have been mostly positive from media, Rolling Stone magazine gave the track a rating of 4/5 and stated, “It may have took the former rock idol a while to find her feet as a solo artist but in her latest offering she channels the classic pop balladeer approach with softer instrumentals and if things continue we could be looking at a next generation Stevie Nicks.” other outlets have noted that after a rocky start to her solo career she may finally be living up to the hype on her own, with Pitchfork stating, “If we’re honest, we want Amy to always be flanked by her two bandmates, but sometimes people just need a little time to discover themselves and express the different sides of their creativity. However, she has created a song that impresses despite her not being with the band and it makes you wonder whether Amy Meyer solo could be a much longer term plan.”

The song begins very softly, acoustically and with a slight country tinge to the instrumental opening. The music does it’s job in setting the tone of the song to begin with, it’s relatively slow-paced and wistful which the songs opening lyrics appear to dictate, “I’ve spent my whole life just searching for that special thing/And I’ve cried a million tears, through the pain of all that heartache brings/Believe me when I say, that I’ve been to the very bottom, thought that there’s no hope for me/And I’ve thought that maybe myself and happiness were just not meant to be.” which gives the feeling of a dreary and somewhat depressing ballad, but surprisingly things perk up after the opening verse and the general tone is one of having faith and belief in things getting better.
This is proven by the instrumentals again as the inclusion of a drum beat adds a little more energy to the song and the acoustic guitar has been relegated to faint background noise and replaced by the sound of an electric guitar. To call the song a pop-punk song or a rock song may be pushing things a little too far but pop-rock seems like the perfect description of the song, or perhaps even pop ballad. The instrumental matches the lyrical nature and progression of the song as the positive outlook from the lyrics is mirrored by the energetic instrumental and Amy delivers her vocals with her trademark passion and the music becomes louder and more urgent as it reaches it’s final verse “So I’m here and smiling and I’m telling the whole world that I’m not hiding/Because I’ve discovered that through the pain/Comes brighter days/And you’ve just got to hold tight to see how the story plays.” just showing the cleverness of Amy Meyer as an all-round musician and not just as a songwriter, slowly, she is crafting a solo career for herself.

The song was recorded in January 2015 at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada and was one of the final songs recorded for her debut album of the same name. It was recorded and produced by Amy Meyer and longtime friend and confidante Christian Fallon. The latest track see’s Amy Meyer finally embracing the pop-elements of her career. The single will be released on Saturday 07, March 2015 as a CD Single, Digital Download and 7” Single and will be distributed through Kaleidescope Records.

Amy’s Comments

“Alright guys and girls, this is the final single that I’m gunna be releasing before the album. I know it feels like it’s been a long time coming, but hey, slow and steady wins the race and all that nonsense. I’m super excited to release this song which is the title track from the album, so there’s an exclusive for all of you people out there.

This song was an interesting one, probably the one song I’ve written since Riot! That has been overwhelmingly real to myself and I felt like it was the perfect final single before the albums release because it showcases a range of feelings that I’ve felt over the past few years and it’s got one of those catchy break-downs that I love to write too. The track in my opinion is about faith and I hope that it can be an inspirational song for people who are maybe feeling a little lost, I know that it was the music I listened to that helped me navigate through the minefields of my youth and I always hope that the music I’ve written can help somebody somewhere.
It’s a slow burner to begin with, the opening verse talks about being at your lowest and feeling like there is no real hope for you to find that eternal happiness that we all so desire from life, but as the first verse progresses I introduce the element of faith, I sing of having belief that there may be a glimmer of hope for me yet.
Then the breakdown that follows is essentially just my message to those feeling that same wave of darkness, I’m trying to encourage my fans to have a little hope that things will get better, from all the songs that I’ve written in my career, which feels like an awful lot these days, I think the breakdown in this song is the one that I’d consider my direct message to my fans.

Then as the song reaches the middle to end, you find the complete positivity. Phrases like “So I’m here and I’m smiling and I’m telling the whole world that I’m not hiding” are the ones that I love the most because it’s overwhelming positivity, it’s about a confidence in yourself and a brand new strength that you find within yourself. Of course I’m not naive enough to believe that just listening to a song is enough to pull you out of the tough times, it’s a case of situations changing and stars aligning but it happens and the hope for me, the only real goal that I have right now as a musician is that maybe with a little luck, some of my songs will be the soundtrack for the good times in peoples lives and you can forget about fame or celebrity status, none of that has ever truly interested me, I believe that music can change lives, heck I believe that music can change the world if done the right way and that’s why we do this. At least it’s why i do this.”
- Amy Meyer

Lyrics

“I’ve spent my whole life just searching for that special thing
And I’ve cried a million tears, through the pain of all that heartache brings
Believe me when I say, that I’ve been to the very bottom, thought that there’s no hope for me
And I’ve thought that maybe myself and happiness were just not meant to be
Restless nights staring at an empty wall
Just hoping that one day the pain would fade away
And there’d be somebody just patiently waiting to catch my fall
And they say out of the darkness comes the brightest of lights
And out of the storm comes the peaceful nights
And if you have hope and faith
Just maybe
You’ll be alright

So please hold on
Don’t let go
You’re worth more
Than you’ll ever know
Because in the end
You’ll find your place
And you’ll find that your smile
Has just been hiding somewhere safe

These days I’ve started believing
And my heart has finally started healing
And now I can see the big hearted girl that I used to be
And I’m smiling at strangers on the street
I’m hearing those old songs with a brand new beat
And I see now
That hope and faith and love
Shines brightly high above
No matter the struggle we’re going through inside
It’s better to open up your soul, take a chance and let people inside

So please hold on
Don’t let go
You’re worth more
Than you’ll ever know
Because in the end
You’ll find your place
Has just been hiding somewhere safe

So I’m here and smiling and I’m telling the whole world that I’m not hiding
Because I’ve discovered that through the pain
Comes brighter days
And you’ve just got to hold tight to see how the story plays
But we may not all have fairytale endings
But you’ll be glad of the journey that you’ve been on
And even when we lose our love
Even when we lose the one
We carry on
With memories along the way
We have seven dreams til’ Sunday

So please hold on
Don’t let go
You’re worth more
Than you’ll ever know
Because in the end
You’ll find your place
Has just been hiding somewhere safe”
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 19 April 2015 07:46:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: It's finally here! What we all have been waiting for and I am completely blown away Amy! The lyrical content from this album from start to finish is really just impeccable. You continuously raise musically and you showed all the naysayers that you can stand on your own and release arguably one of the best alternative album of the year so far. I've always been a firm believer in you, Amy. These are one of the main reason why too, because you are true music genius. Really hard choosing my favorite track but I'm going to go with the album track Seven Dreams Till Sunday and Haze as my favorites from the album. Really good work here :)

OCC: I love your lyrics, truly great piece of work.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 21/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#14 Posted : 20 April 2015 18:00:56(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Billie: I'm so glad this album is out. Its great to see how you have developed and changed as an artist over these years and you are still putting out quality work and you really have become one of the icons of our scene and really one of the voices of young folks. Great work.

OOC: Excellent lyrics. I'm glad you are giving Amy a solo career. This is a good RP. :)
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 21/04/2015(UTC)