logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#1 Posted : 21 April 2015 16:28:50(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
UserPostedImage
This album was written and produced by Reported Failure. Avil Hartman is an associate producer for this album. It was partly written and recorded from November 2014 to April 2015. It will be released on April 28 2015 thru Studio 60 Records.

Tracklisting (58 minutes)
1. The old man in the sea (3:07)
2. Lie in (4:50)
3. Tired lover (3:19)
4. Take arms against a sea of troubles (7:50)
5. King of the jungle (2:52)
6. Red dream (4:51)
7. Sticks and stones (5:33)
8. Hands (3:56)
9. Over the clouds and beyond the sea (4:17)
10. American scheme (6:54)
11. Downpour (4:38)
12. Not the end (5:09)

UserPostedImage

Reported Failure's seventh studio album is called "Lie In." It is hard to discuss this album without the context of the band's previous work. They made three albums that didn't make a big splash in the mainstream, but their fourth album started a little buzz. Their first #1 single "Crumbling" was taken from their fifth album "Darkness" (2012) Each single went #1 on airplay and the album won fans choice award. It was an epic orchestral rock opera that had ballads and mosh pit pleasers. Reported Failure moved from a pop punk band in to more of an artistic post-hardcore and punk sound.

With 2013's "Rome" the band became even more legendary. Songs like "Lunar Utero" truly rocked and others like "Land and Sea" showed how Reported Failure could build a huge six minute progression and Billie could sing the most moving lyrics on top of it. This was Reported Failure's first #1 album. Complete with a cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" the album had versatility and put the band at the very top of the rock game. The band spent time off. Billie Beckett took to criticizing the media for always hassling him and criticizing the corporate machine and materialism for a few months. He wrote a blog post in 2014 announcing that he was taking a break from Reported Failure and the civilized world.

That break ended when the band came back doing an interview and releasing a demo of "Take arms against a sea of troubles." The song was so heavy it scared some fans who jumped on the bandwagon of Reported Failure as a pop sensation in 2013, but it helped the group's credibility in the hard rock scene they come from. On the "Rome World Tour" the band stepped it up another level when they played 29 song set at the famous Cavern Club in Liverpool complete with a guest appearance from Amy Meyer and a series of Beatles covers. They released "Sticks and Stones" in December shortly after announcing they had entered the studio. The fanbase started to get fired up for a new album, but the band didn't announce anything for months. They released "Hands" in early April and it topped the charts. The fanbase became fired up knowing the album was coming.

UserPostedImage

"Lie In" is not a soft album. The sweetness of "Rome" is nearly gone. This album is hard rock. It is punk. It is heavy metal. The drums really lead the way on this album more than they ever have for the band before. The drums and guitar are in sync the whole way. The bass is versatile easily leading with a sick lick or riding along with the drums. Billie can be sensitive and calm but he spends most of the album absolutely going ham belting out, yelling, or screaming. It would be fair to call "Lie In" the band's hard rock album.

The influences on the sound of this album are a real tour of hard rock history. They go all the way to the '70s drawing at times on the sounds of Led Zeppelin, Humble Pie, and Black Sabbath. This is most noticeable with the bass and drums when they get in to hard progressions in the first half of the album. Sometimes the drums have a more structured punk sound reminiscent of the Sex Pistols. The guitar sound changes. One of the accomplishments of the album is just how many different tones the guitars have from song to song. In general Vin Peters plays with a Dead Kennedys sound on the more punk songs and a sound reminiscent of Rush on the more meal and prog-rock songs. "Lie In" is a real guitar epic where Vin Peters is the star. He knows exactly when to just rip it like he is Tony lommi. With his hair growing long he even looks like him. The vocals are varied. Sometimes Billie sounds like John Lennon in his calmer pieces. When he yells he sounds like one of the grunge-gods of the '90s.

Reported Failure really puts all of these sounds together. The production is really slick making each instrument shine clearly. While the band clearly works with the sounds already pioneered, the way the solid drums and screeching guitars pair with Billie Beckett's lyricism and swagger makes for an album that has a vibe of its own. The overall mood of the album is upbeat but heavy. The songs are very rebellious and some are uplifting. Some, however are sad. Unlike past Reported Failure albums the story told by the lyrics does not structure the album overall. Instead the sound of each song dictates the mood and the album follows a flow much more like a live show. It starts with a really raw garage punk sound for the opener "the old man in the sea." "Lie In" gets more in to progressive post-hardcore and "tired lover" is still wicked fast with raging guitars but sounds more alternative. "take arms against a sea of troubles" is a highlight. It has big energy and is totally metal. "king of the jungle" is so noisy and loud and quick its bound to be legendary at live show. "Red dream" is bound to make people in the mosh pit lose their minds. They don't bring the more emotional and less aggressive melodies in big time until "sticks and stones." While the next song "Hands" is a huge grunge anthem, the second half of the album shows a more melancholy, vulnerable sound overall. "over the clouds and beyond the sea" is the closest thing to a ballad on the album. "American Scheme" is truly epic. The guitar work on it is incredible. "Downpour" is another highlight. Reported Failure really bring the big sweeping melodies for this track which hits home because they are absent for most of "Lie In." Finally they close with "Not the end" which starts acoustic but is simply shocking when the band goes all out at the end of the song.

The songwriting is quality all the way through. Billie sings about an array of more political topics: industry, social hierarchies, the rock sub-culture, materialism, rebellion. He also covers more personal topics like love, moving on from relationships, asking for one more chance, trying to make a relationship last, regrets. One of the symbols most common in the album is the sea and water. In the first song Billie sings about a flood. He references Noah's ark on the title track. Billie's transcendental philosophies are evident on many of the songs, but the album does not have a single coherent theme. The theme of the album must be the lion. Staring us in the face on the artwork and full of beautiful color, the lion is fierce. Much of the album has a roar to it. The lion represents the attitude of Reported Failure as king of the rock jungle. Yet, it also takes on a sort of God status in the song "King of the jungle." The lion seems ominous. It represents everything wild, everything that is the antithesis of the domestic. The lion looks like it is suspended in mid-air. "Lie in" is not a work of realism. In fact, Billie often suggests that what is considered real ought to be questioned. The artwork is psychedelic. The sound of the album too sounds psychedelic at times. Certainly a whole lot of pot and some magic mushrooms might help us get in the kind of mindset to understand everything Billie Beckett is meaning with his lyrics, but mostly the songs speak for themselves.

Billie Beckett - Vocals/Guitar
UserPostedImage

Matt Collins - Bass
UserPostedImage

Robert Edwards - Drums
UserPostedImage

Vin Peters - Guitar

UserPostedImage

1. The old man in the sea
UserPostedImage

It begins with a bang. "Old man in the sea" is a tight song at just over three minutes. It is one of the heavier songs on the album and sets an aggressive tone to start the album. The title comes from the novel by Ernest Hemingway The Old Man and the Sea. Beckett's lyrics are cryptic while his voice and the music allow the listener to interpret a sense of feeling, almost empathy with the song's hopeless aggression. It is one of the rawest songs Reported Failure has ever made. They have made heavier songs but "Old man in the sea" lacks the more progressive metal rhythms and dramatic dynamics of much of "Darkness" their heaviest album, and lacks the epic ambiance of "Rome." With these aspects of Reported Failure's sound stripped away whats left is a take-no-prisoners attitude and four guys who grew up on punk rock.

Billie plays a quick little riff on his guitar. The tone is unsuspecting with a hint of reverb. This is how the album starts. There is a weird industrial noise in the background that is really just Vin fucking around with his guitar pedals. It is the bass that really starts things off. It's loud. It's fat. Matt Collins slaps that shit and Robert Edwards is a hard-hitter on the drums --the kind of drummer no one messes with who everyone looks at as soon as he smacks the snare --and Billie starts to sing in a way that makes you know one thing: Reported Failure is back.

The band knows how to refrain just as much as they know how to rage. BUM BUM BUM go the drums after the verse. BUM BUM BUM. Guitar joins in again subtly letting the tension build. Finally its too much. Billie screams "COME ON OPEN THE FLOOD GATE: TIME TO RECONCILE." Vin whispers it in the background to a chilling effect. The guitars come in. Matt is all about that bass, and Robert is steady. Finally it is Vin's time to shine reminding the world why no one will ever be sexier than a lead guitarist he unleashes a loud singing series of notes at the end of the second stanza.

From then on the group goes in full swing. Billie's unrelenting passion and snarl is reminiscent of Kurt Cobain. In fact, the simplicity of song's structure, instrumentation, and production has a recognizable Nirvana feeling only with a little more guitar noise as Billie lays down the rhythm and Vin lets the sweet tone flow. Robert gets in to it smashing the cymbals on beat after beat after beat. As one of the last verse winds down the band keeps going. Matt plays a hard hitting bass riff; the rhythm guitar rings out; the lead guitar plays a short, fast solo letting the guitar scream then fill the headphones with fuzz.

For the final stanza things settle a little. The guitar noise stays but solidifies in solid chords. The drums and bass synchronize to stand strong and let Billie deliver the last lines with honesty and grace. The band pays out like "we are punk as fuck" and then nothing but guitar tone remains until it is cut.

Beginning with the revealing line "I'm finally done believing in everything I've known," the song makes a strong anti-establishment statement. Beyond the title, Billie Beckett uses metaphors about water saying to "open the flood gates" and "let the ice melt." It sounds like a flood to wash away a disease. It wants in a word for fish. The song summons a feeling of loss. Or is it loss of control? Meanwhile the line "the old man in the sea" is the song, and the title reflects a feeling of fighting but for something ancient, something big, something bigger than "concrete" and "freeways." And its something for which he sings "I'll die my own martyr it'll be my wish."

I'm finally done believing
In everything I've known
I'm not done breathing
But I can't breathe alone
Take all my possessions
Take everything I own
I have some confessions:
I don't want the throne

Come on open the flood gates
Time to reconcile
If the freeway is the righteous path
To heavenly lifestyles
Then fuck it; let the ice melt
And it'll flood for miles
Its not justice
But it sure is a trial

I'm done searching the world for an answer
I'd rather just fight for the dancer

I'm making headway in my journey
To live a better life
I will lie in the dark now
And I dont need to breathe at all
Let the social construct crumble
Eroded in to history
I know I'm old and tired of swimming now
For I'm the Old Man in the Sea

Old man in the sea
Old man in the sea
Old man in the sea

I dont need the love of my homeland
and I dont need a concrete path
If I'm to die the only one hunting for the fish
Then I'll die my own martyr it'll be my wish

Edited by user 23 April 2015 03:18:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 13 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
erich hess on 21/04/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/04/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/04/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/04/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 07/05/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
#2 Posted : 22 April 2015 06:59:07(UTC)

2. Lie In
UserPostedImage

The album title track, "Lie In" is a lyrical trip through violent imagery, symbols, ambiguities, and a sonic supercollider of progressive hard rock. After "Old man in the sea" which was loud and full of energy in a chaotic way, "Lie In" is heavy in a more dynamic way. The mood of the song feels fast and furious when it really gets going, and sustains a jam whenever its more low key. So far it seems like Reported Failure has gone for a harder, more on edge sound than the contemplative romance of the previous album. Billie's romanticism is overrun so far on the album with destruction. First there was a flood, and on this song there is a fire.

tss Boom cha boom boom cha. Robert Edwards starts the song. Vibrations echo from a guitar. Random bass noise. Then in come the chords ringing from Billie's guitar with a hint of tremolo. It is a full watery sound from just the frontman and drummer. Du du du dundun dudu du du dundun. The bass comes pounding in. Vin plays his guitar softly. Billie sounds cocky and pissed off singing the first verse in the upper register of his vocal range. The result is a thick sound with an irresistible melody. Everyone has just the right touch to get good head bop in but refrain from the head banging at least for now. ;)

Billie sings the album title "Lie in" aggressively. It is a command. The lush rhythmic platform from the rest of the band gives him the perfect mood to sing smoothly to the fans to suck them in to the album. The groove of the bass and the gleaming, erudite melody have an almost psychedelic effect. You can't just dip your feet in to this track you have to plunge in and soak in a of its cool, crisp flows at once, as one cohesive piece of music.

Then the rhythm picks up. Vin Peters switches from a high pitched atmospheric swelling of sound to direct drumming hunk of the song's sonic universe. Not just the guitar, but the bass and the drums are perfectly in sync. The new rhythm is higher energy. It builds and builds and remains rich and full. Billie Beckett's lyrics compliment the change perfectly as he switches to what may be called the chorus. He sounds accusing when he bellows "Were you up in the houses/or were you down building Noah's Ark." As the final lyrics are sung the lead guitar rings out in a series of sustained notes. The bass thrashes quickly quickly as the drums keep strong and ready.

The ringing of the guitar chords showers back in to the song. The sweet melody sings and flows from lyric to lyric. It is catchy too. By the second verse comes it is familiar. The kind of melodic song you would like to take home and have over for dinner and absorb yourself in for hours upon hours. :P But Reported Failure does not want their music to be too available or too cuddly. There is a break. Vin plays arpeggio style, Billie lets it ring, Matt plays every whole note, and Robert lets loose a powerful drumroll. This is upheld as Billie sings softly rater than yelling "Burn it to the ground"

They could have let it rip right then, but Reported Failure can be a big tease sometimes playing and caressing and seducing the fans. The climax has not come, but another chorus builds the anticipation and tension further. The song longs to explode in to a million pieces but the refrain further locks the melody and rhythm in to the mind of the listener. Vin sweeps his pick across the strings creating an eerie layer to the buildup. The beat gets harder. Another chorus. Guitars are louder. Bass thunders. BUM BUM BUM. Silence. "YEAH" screams Billie.

Reported Failure unleashes a hurricane of metal. Vin's riff is fast and furious. Robert slams his drums. Matt slaps and hammers the bass. Billie wrecks the guitar while screaming in a lustful haze of rock and roll. But Billie Beckett steps aside. Vin Peters guitar God and sexiest man alive lets it rip sliding and zooming with a wicked waxy tone from one string to the next hammering on and pulling off and crafting a gorgeous sing-song solo that is swift as a serpent. Billie sounds satisfied singing "I know where to find gasoline." The whole band keeps going and then suddenly they stop. The song is over.

Lyrically, "Lie in" is a puzzling song. The lyrics "Lie in," "lion," and "lyin'" are pronounced exactly the same, but have different meanings. Billie Beckett is certainly clever and loves to play with his audience. The exact meaning of these lines that sound the same is unclear, but a lack of clarity seems to be the point, and perhaps the only meaning we can know. For most of the song Billie is addressing a subject, "you," and he sounds like he is accusing the subject of a certain failure to act suggested by lines like "Were you up in the houses/or were you down building Noah's ark." He also uses lots of metaphors about hunting and eating violence with lines like "thirsting for blood," "show your teeth," and "let this lion eat."

While most of the song is indirect and full of ambiguous metaphor, the second verse is more accessible as Billie sings about riots referencing "West Florissant Avenue" where buildings burned in Ferguson, Missouri riots last year. Billie later says "burn it to the ground" which suggests that he sympathizes with protesters and is himself fed up with a system ripe with injustices. Fed up in fact describes the tone of the song overall. Billie sounds like someone someone sick of the world full of evil that comes with no warning.

Where were you
When the world came true
Were you watching it all with your own eyes
And were you ready to make the hunt

And I dont know you
But here's what I think is true
Whenever evil comes its no surprise
And there's no warning

Lie in
Lie in come
Lie with me
Ooo Wo

Lion
Lion come
Let it roar let it roar
Ooo Wo

When he rustled in the bushes
When he wandered after dark
Oh were you up in the houses
Or were you down building Noah's ark
Well now he's wandering the cities
And now hes thirsting for blood
And everyone smells tasty
Now that marble is turned to mud

There were riots all this week
People were fighting the police
And freedom was chocked out
That night the army came to town

Look down and you'll see the world
Its burning on West Florissant Avenue
Where people get killed
Just for looking differently than I do

Lyin'
Lyin' wont
Get me lyin' down
Ooo Wo

Lion
Lion come
Burn this town
To the ground

Burn it to the ground
Burn it to the ground

When he rustled in the bushes
When he wandered after dark
Oh were you up in the houses
Or were you down building Noah's ark
Well now he's wandering the cities
And now hes thirsting for blood
And everyone smells tasty
Now that marble is turned to mud

YEAH

I know where to find gasoline gasoline
We can make the deluge hurt
Like the end of the world
Like the end of the world
Its on its on so sow your teeth
Come on and show your teeth
Let this lion eat
So lie in with me

3. Tired Lover
UserPostedImage

The third song, "Tired Lover" finds Billie singing in a downhearted tone about a girl who used to be everything to him, but times have changed. They are older. The band goes for a more new-age influence but an incredible beat and pulse shattering guitars keep the party going. So far the album hasn't settled on a mood but instead went from a grunge to more experimental metal, to now a very fast alternative vibe with horns and dynamic production. The lyrics are in five stanzas with the phrase "say I love you" repeated a few times, but the guitar riff feels like the true chorus. The overall, the song is more ambient indie-rock than a lot of the album. But what is really impressive is how much is going on in the song. From the production which includes a saxophone and violins to the guitars which are both groovy and metal and the beat which is very high energy, to Billie's vocal performance which shows off his falsetto and ability to be downtrodden and full of attitude at the same time, "Tired Lover" has lots of layers that make it a fascinating track.

Straight out of the gate its flat guitar notes. Vin Peters rips a tone like hard candy. The drums go boom boom boo chi. Its a whole arena of sounds with the guitar mixed jumping right and left. The intro riff is groovy. The guitar sound is suspended like a synthesizer. It all blends like icing on a cake. Matt just rides along on bass. Billie sounds disappointed. His tone summons The Smiths. Matt harmonizes with the lead vocals. The melody is fast and sad. The guitar really brings some aggression to it. The hypnotic "say I love you" is sung sweetly in a falsetto while the band hammers away at the same main riff.

For now the band is refraining from really letting loose but instead maintains a high energy backdrop for Billie's second verse. He really gets in to a flow here with each line spilling smoothly across to the next. The energy that has been building erupts as Billie's vocals crescendo at the end of the verse. At the same time Vin's guitar flares up with three notes and an epic bend on the fourth. The drums are especially fast. The way Robert Edwards maintains the same beat from before but adds layers and layers of cymbals and fills is remarkable. The bass rails along with the drums to complete the sound. Overall the jam dominated by the guitar riff has a strong metal influence but it blends well with a very groovy alternative vibe built from the verses. In fact the riff cuts off replaces by a big saxophone sytnh while the drum and bass jam continues. Vin brings the riff from the verses back. Billie's accompanying guitar is quite subtle completing the atmosphere. Robert wrecks his drums rolling on the snare and smacking the ride leading the group in to a powerful few measures.

Then the guitars all cut away. The saxophone is gone too replaced instead by a quiet violin. Billie's tone is peevish singing "And you can run/When I tell you what you've become." His falsetto is showcased quite well on "Tired Lover" and it only adds to the sly feeling of the final verse. He continues on emphasizing each word. It really sounds like poetry. "BRAND NEW DAY BRAND NEW DAY" he sings loudly just as the guitar comes back fro the heavy chorus riff. It is as arena-filling of a sound the second time as it was the first time. As that riff ends the jam continues. The sly, whispery "say I love you" returns and Vin starts playing up the neck beating the notes, notes that get higher and higher as the drums get bigger and bigger. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM. The song ends on five bombastic beats.

In this song Billie cannot make up his mind whether or not he wants to stay with a woman he used to love dearly, but as the title suggests now he is older and rater than being caught up in the spoils of falling in love he is a "tired lover." He seems to speak directly to her asking her to "say I love you" which suggests that the two are in a fight and the song is a a plea for things to work out. Billie talks about moving in together and filing their house with "decadence." Billie has a certain swagger in his delivery of some lines that kick ass and take names like at the end of the third verse when he is brutal criticizing how she was more interested in having a beautiful home than the love they used to have: "Its not about us /Its about the tiles and the drapes/And the cakes/And our love/It was fake."

As angry at her as he seems, Billie doesn't actually seem like he wants it to end even from the beginning he says they should just lie to each other and say they are meant to be. The very last verse also suggests that as awful as their fights may be, Billie still isn't over her: "I'm addicted to the way/That you say/brand new day/brand new day." Overall, the lyrics are very personal and are a nice departure from the more conceptual and political lyrics on much of the other songs. The audience really gets a sense for Billie's troubles on the song, and it is a situation that many Reported Failure fans might be able to relate to. It also shows tat while the band have matured they still sing about love and breakups. On this song the tone is not teenage or youthful but the opposite. Still, after all these years Billie is having girl troubles.

Can I love you
Like I used to
Back when we were just twenty-three
I'm a tired lover
But lets lie to each other
And say we're meant to be; under covers its you and me

Say I love you
Say I love you

We're growing older
Am I still the one?
Our porcelain love has cracked and chipped
We put everything in that house
Filled it with decadence
But all the gold in the world
Doesn't mean love
No no no

I'm moving along now
I'm going faster
I think I know where we went wrong
Its not about us
Its about the tiles and the drapes
And the cakes
And our love
It was fake

Say I Love You
Say I Love You

And you can run
When I tell you what you've become
But this world is round
You can run til you catch wind of the sound
Of my voice in your ear
Saying I hope you appear
In my life it'll be okay I'm addicted to the way
That you say
brand new day
brand new day

Say I Love You
Say I Love You
Say I Love You
Say I Love You

Edited by user 25 April 2015 04:01:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/04/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 22/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/04/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 25/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
#3 Posted : 23 April 2015 03:16:21(UTC)

4. Take arms against a sea of troubles
UserPostedImage

The fourth song of "Lie in" is called "Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles" and at seven minutes and fifty seconds it is the longest and one of the most raging songs of the album. It first surfaced online last year but now appears with slightly different lyrics and sleeker production. The song starts with a climax of tone from guitars left alone but soon is built by a booming bass progression and some of the more preachy of Beckett's verses. It doesn't take long to explode in to a loud guitar opera for the ages. It marks a change in tone on the album because of its length as well as the harsh heavy metal sound and the command to "Come take arms." It is reminiscent almost of bands like Black Sabbath in their fuzz-filled glory, and clearly is meant to appeal to the big hair headbangers and classic rock kids.

It starts slow. Almost silent. Slowly this tone grows from a crawling whining infant then finally standing until it has grown to a singing symphony of guitars left shaken then unsupervised until it is screaming. It is a dark, gloomy sound. Then it is silenced. A big, powerful bass replaces it. Matt Collins at his finest plucking away a progression to make all the guitar hero wannabes swoon. A shaker makes a subtle beat. Having picked up his guitar, Vin Peters plucks at different notes loaded with tremolo letting the guitar come in and out of view. A quiet whistling tone from Billie's guitar creates a full sound. Then comes his voice. Smooth and sincere. He isn't too dramatic but he is by no means subtle as he sings out fully. The melody feels uninhibited and effortless pouring out of his mouth like a stream of sweet honey.

The beat is steady and the bass keeps on going as Billie sings along for the first three stanzas. Robert Edwards as had little to do but he works in subtle taps on the hi hat and ride as the song progresses. The guitar also forms a more predictable pattern adding the the ambiance of the song with big sweet notes loaded with the punch of distortion and tremolo. Beckett dares anyone to question his oration letting the lines "Well it breaks my heart to know you/And to know where you belong" sink in with feelings of frustration in a static social and political time where people are put in their place with an iron fist. Bass fades away. The maraca shakes. The guitars sing. The tone of a free guitar starts to spring up again. Its almost time.

Vin Peters lets rip a single beautiful note that expresses just as much as even Beckett's most heartfelt lyrics. The drums come in casually staying calm and letting guitar take the lead. Matt Collins fires up the bass again. Everything is in sync. The stage is set. Beckett sounds more confident now with a full band behind him as he wails in a call to action "Break free from the path that's been laid." His passion bubbles and boils as the guitars grind and groan in the background, tired, tired of being subdued to let Billie sing. "If I am free am I still paid/To pay attention to a dying way" is sung clearly over all the noise as a tagline questioning what it means to be free if you have to reiterate and continue the ideals of a "dying way."

The guitars roar. It is simple. It is a quick and choppy chord progression. It is not subtle. It is not technical. It is a raw earth-shaking wall of sound. The bass and drums and guitar become one in an incredible rush of rock and roll. It feels empowering. Billie Beckett and Vin Peters have awesome chemistry as Billie keeps the chords going always and Vin has the freedom to shred some noisy, unknowable fills and play along with the chords. Robert follows along perfectly timing the drums with the guitar to really create the wall of sound effect. Matt holds the whole thing together with his bass completing the full spectrum of pandemonian noise.

Billie is energized as he delivers a heated poetic verse that manages to blend with the wall of fuzz but not get lost in it. He yells and sounds like a true God of hard rock. The entire performance is one for the ages. Robert Edwards beats the shit out of the drums. The guitars scream out in freedom. "Yeah live or die" shouts the frontman. It is epic. The guitars continue on long after all else in what sounds like it could be the end of the most surreal rock show of the ages, and the fact that it is captured on the album makes the song an undeniable highlight.

The title "Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles" is from the famous To Be or Not To Be speech in William Shakespeare's Hamlet. Clearly, Beckett is well read and literary works resonate with him and influence his own songwriting. In this song he gives a monologue of sorts, urging us to "Come take arms" and "live or die." An anti-conformist at heart, Beckett sings "But I do not belong," and then urges us to "Break free from the pat thats been laid." All in all it is one of the less personal and more preachy songs on the record, but Beckett's delivery of the lyrics conveys that they come from a very personal and real place inside of him which makes it a great sermon. The final verse full of rhymes comes in the climax of the song as the wall of sound is roaring and it is also the lyrical height as Billie orders to "Reconcile your sins with the western sun/Let the earth be free to everyone/Or kill me now so at least its done/I dont want to live without anyone."

Come clean before everything is lost
I got a feeling like it will not be long
Before we hit the bottom of this thrilling free fall

Foraging for new consummation
Contemplating the end of this battle between weak and strong
The weak belong where they kiss the ring of the king
But I do not belong

When we learn don't we learn to belong
right or wrong its all about where we go
And not what we love but who we know
Well it breaks my heart to know you
And to know where you belong

Break free from the path thats been laid
Come make sense of how to misbehave
If I am free am I still paid
To pay attention to a dying way

Fighting to own the future
Its all we've ever done
And its all we have become
Come clean of the bitch and run
Reconcile your sins with the western sun
Let the earth be free to everyone
Or kill me now so at least its done
I dont want to live without anyone
This is all I want the men and women to come along

Come take arms
Come take arms
And live or die
Yeah live or die

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 23/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 23/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 24/04/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 25/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
#4 Posted : 24 April 2015 16:20:37(UTC)

Even the Prez Obama wants to jam with the new RF album lol Whistle
UserPostedImage

5. King of the Jungle

UserPostedImage

"King of the jungle" is the fifth song on "Lie In." Its an obnoxiously distorted, raunchy track at just under three minutes. Its a quick grunge sound that has some more alternative tones. If you play this album at a party turn up the bass for this song, be careful. The po-po might shut you down. The song is very obviously emulated in the album artwork. Beckett never says lion, but he talks about its mighty roar, and no other animal is as often regarded as king of the jungle than a lion. Billie sings a warning about respecting the lion, who is figured as a vengeful God, and by the end is screaming in fear. It keeps up the dangerous tone that the album has been developing, and really says a lot about the whole album's theme. Like most of the album, it would be a killer song to see live, to see Reported Failure and feel this song carry you down the rabbit hole to a place to freely lose your goddamn mind.

Matt starts it off with massive bass. We're talking about blow your speakers out bass. There are high pitched tones from the amps all being turned on. The band thinks its pretty punk to not clean up the recording for each song. Robert starts a kicking beat. Then Billie starts. A second later some seriously fuzzed guitar, a cascade of bass, and a stampede of drums attack the song. A ringing lead guitar flies and dives at the end of each measure. Billie sings frantically. They really channel a hardcore punk sound, but the way they achieve a wall of sound effect makes it more like modern alternative.

In this song Billie really sounds distressed. He sounds like he needs to tell us something, give us a warning about the lion, but he also sounds a bit like he has lost his mind. The verse doesn't have much of a melody, instead the lyrics are held together by Beckett's charismatic delivery. When the chorus kicks in with "we are animals, just animals" the beat gets really aggressive. Robert just slams drum after drum, then just massacres his snare crashing on the cymbals every so often. The bass is just as hard and the fuzz continues on. They don't mix in any new tones to the chorus, but rater exaggerate exactly what they had going on for the verse. Billie gets intense basically yelling the lyrics, really sounding a bit like Kurt Cobain again.

The boys don't miss a beat going in to the next verse. Its just as wild as the first. Vin's fills sound sweet and golden. Robert has perfect timing knowing when to lay off for a couple of beats. They really get in to the jam and their improvisations and fills keep things interesting. The song moves to the chorus which is as much of a rager as it was before. As soon as it ends the fuzz is washed away replaced by a big WAAAR from the guitar, a ferocious, digging bassline, and a more low key beat. Vin takes things smooth and slow playing a short disfigured melody.

"roar" begins to shout Billie. Vin's melody concludes the most relaxed part of the song. The fuzz is back. They emphasize every beat in time with Billie's vocals so he joins as if his voice is a drum, and everyone moves in perfect rhythm. They do quarter notes first. Then they break in to double time doing eighth notes. Its exciting. Then they slow down again. Finally they stop and the noise fades out. It seems like the song is over. Silence for a few seconds. "HE'S THE KING OF THE JUNGLE" sings Billie at the top of is lungs. They are back. The new jam is heavier than anything they played before. Partly this is due to its speed since this is the fastest song of the album. This is the most epic, metal part of the fastest song. Billie joins in roaring "I just want to make it out alive." He sounds like a madman. Its almost hard to tell what he is saying with all of the noise flooding around the lyrics. The overall effect is one of the more unforgettable moments of the album. The band really seals its place as one that knows how to rock out, and it makes for an incredibly strong start addition to the album.

Billie spends most of the song telling his audience a story about the king of the jungle. He describes how the king knows when you are coming, and is just not the kind of guy you ever want to fuck with. He even demands that we bow to the king. Billie seems to warn against acting arrogantly around the king, or thinking the king is weak. Clearly, Billie is afraid. He says that he has seen the king and that he has seen him kill animals before. He seems to really be criticizing humankind's sense of superiority over nature singing in the chorus "We are animals just animals just animals to him/And we trespass on his kingdom and we think that we can win."

Over the course of the song Billie really loses control. The verses sound controlled, and the choruses less controlled, but the section where he roars and the outro don't even sound much like English. Its almost as if Billie has been possessed by the lion as he roars over and over. One statement this makes is that he is king of the jungle. Its also a message to the haters and the rock world that says "Here I am. I'm the king. I'm the most hardcore rock and roll motherfucker out of all of you. Deal with it." Yet, after this he sings the line "I just want to make it out alive." This is puzzling. It seems like Billie is also commenting on his own ascent to fame and his own sense of human arrogance. He will also go before the lion. He may be king of the rock scene, but that has contributed to his own arrogance, and he wants to make it out alive.

If you go inside the jungle you'll find a king and all his friends
Its their own paradise where they rule the world and it never ends
He's the king of the jungle and he's seen you comin'
He's the king of the jungle and he's seen you comin'
Bow down all ye animals
Bow down all ye fools
To the king

We are animals just animals just animals to him
And we trespass on his kingdom and we think that we can win
So don't be sure so sure so sure that you'll survive
I've seen animals come before him and they don't all leave alive

There's a time in all our live when we get lost and that's when he comes
He's got a roar that will get you its louder than a thousand drums
He's the king of the jungle and you wont stand a chance
He's the king of the jungle and you wont stand a chance
Come on all the poachers
Come on and see your end
with the king

roar, roar, roar roar
roar, roar, roar, roar
roar, roar, roar, roar, roar, roar, roar, roar
roar, roar, roar, roar, roar, roar, roar, roar

HE'S THE KING OF THE JUNGLE

I just want to make it out alive

Edited by user 24 April 2015 16:25:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
snap_itshannah on 25/04/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 25/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
#5 Posted : 25 April 2015 03:45:08(UTC)

JK. We all know Obama isn't rock n roll enough for this shit Shame on you
UserPostedImage

6. Red dream
UserPostedImage

Coming in the very middle of the album, "Red Dream" is a rowdy mosh pit anthem. The beats are shear metal; the bass is insane; the guitars mix the wettest progressive-rock tones with big fuzz; and the vocals are commanding. Coming right after "Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles" and then "king of the jungle" the track continues the heavy tone of the album. The main difference is that "Red Dream" has a more modern hardcore sound instead of a classic hard rock sound. In the song Billie imagines himself in a world that is red, the color of love, and violence. Red the color of passion. He really sings this one for the fans. It would be an epic part of Reported Failure's live show.

It starts with the most distorted noise. Vin just slashing is guitar making the kind of noise old people always complain about. Robert is just beating his drums. There is no order to it at all. They rage for about ten seconds then the first lyrics start. Vin and Robert just continue the wicked fast metal jam. Matt jumps in and Billie too on guitar. Its an overwhelming storm of noise encompassing all the noise. Billie sings high in is register and holds out the big passionate "red" and "nothing." This hook is chaotic.

Robert rides on the drums hitting the snare over and over and playing a fast flow of furious fills. The guitars chug along, but then the beat settles down. DUN DUN-DUN DUN-DUN drops the bass. Robert plays the perfect bet in time with it. Its a war beat. Vin plays his guitar to sound like distant metallic clanks and echos as if deep in a mine. Billie's vocals take on a defiant tone. They have a slight spoken word vibe, but still hold a stirring melody. He also adds his guitar playing a smooth pattern. This part of the song sounds more ordered and rational, and the vocals are the main focus.

The guitar is suspenseful playing a slow riff as the vocals end. Then the raw, disordered, yet somehow melodic noise of Reported Failure returns. Its time to start the circle pit! Billie's soaring vocals, Robert's pounding drums, and the fury of bass and guitar reign in the chorus first by repeating the hook. It all stops. A few big notes on guitar. Its all back with Billie yelling "Come tie dye me" at the top of his lungs. The drums are shear metal and the more prog-rock sound of the guitars compliments it well. The vocal melody is arena-sized, but could also be the most epic part of Warped Tour. Billie really belts out the last line, "Much deeper in to this red sleep" and then Robert and Matt transition to the big DUN DUN-DUN DUN-DUN without dropping a beat.

This second verse has the same format as the first. The most noticeable addition is a tremolo-soaked but distorted guitar that echos above the vocals. Whenever he stops singing for a half measure even, Billie is able to join Vin in gorgeous interplay between the two guitars. Instead of going straight to the chorus the group jams on after the vocals end. Vin slashes a mini guitar solo as Robert practices refrain on the drums building a sense of suspense. Billie sings the bridge with extravagance. He captures a sense of drama belting, "Just let me go just let me go"

The pre-chorus guitar riff returns. Guitars sing. The final chorus is doubled with slightly different lyrics the last time giving all the soldiers out in the mosh pit more time to battle it out for rock and roll. Vin plays and epic fill in the background like its nothing letting his guitar scream. The last growling note is released from the singer, and the guitar noise fades out.

In this song, Billie uses dreams as something utopian. His dream is better than reality. The fact that his dream is "red" is really up for interpretation, but red is the color of passion and if there is one thing Reported Failure has without a doubt it is passion. "Red Dream" really seems to be about what Reported Failure stands for as a band. He sings that "countries are lines in sand." Reported Failure is a truly international band that headlines massive world tours. He starts the second verse with "They tried to put poison in the air/They told me son go cut your hair" suggesting that "they" are a force of cruelty and conformity. Its a message at conservative America.

Two interesting things in this song are how Billie uses ropes and tying, and how he uses ink and how the two are married with the chorus when he sings "come tie-dye me." The fact that the song is heavy and clearly appealing to the mosh pit makes the song very much about the feeling of euphoria at a sweaty hardcore show. It is a passionate environment. People get hurt, even bleed on each other. "Red Dream" is about how Billie needs the crowd and how at a rock and roll show people can leave the parts of the world that they don't like behind.

I fell in a red dream
(RED)
Where nothing same
(NOTHING)

Countries are lines in sand
They wash away in the end
I want to see the water when
It comes crashing in to the land
I heard we are part of a whole
I heard that we share a sole
I want to know how in the world they
Possibly could tie that noose and pull

I fell in a red dream
(RED)
Somewhere they have never seen
(NO)
Come tie-dye me (I need you)
Come feed me your ink (and lie in me)
Come bleed on me I need to sink
Much deeper in to this red sleep

They tried to put poison in the air
They told me son go cut your hair
I'll set a fire to the rope because
There's no way they can tie me to the chair
I'm not saying the dark ages are here
But its wrong to live life in fear
And I want them to know they won't
Suspect a thing but one day I'll appear

And if they ever try to wake me up
Just let me go just let me go
And since they could never understand us
Just let it go just let it go

Come tie-dye me (I need you)
Come feed me your ink (and lie in me)
Come get on my skin (I need you)
We will all be insane (insane)

7. Sticks and Stones
UserPostedImage

"Sticks and stones" is the seventh song of "Lie In" and it marks the beginning of the second half of the album. It was he first single released from the album and it felt very emotionally heavy then. Now with the other songs surrounding it, "sticks and stones" still sounds more painful than most of the other tracks. It has a very chill whispery verse, but a huge energetic chorus. The way the guitar tones play off of each other, and the drums keep things really solid to make a backdrop for the emotional lyrics makes this song shine. He sings about a woman who is no good for him. There are many layers to these lyrics too. Because it is one of the more puzzling, but also most powerful songs lyrically, it is a highlight of the album overall. And the arrangement sounds unlike anything on the radio making it unique. The jury isn't out yet, but this could be the next Reported Failure classic on the same level of "Lunar Utero" and "Crumbling."

A reverberated guitar clangs a simple chord progression. It is slow and sad. A sneaky lead lick comes in with the lightest touch of "wah" effect on the guitar. Neither guitar parts take up too much space. They are waiting for something steadier to join them.

Roar. The bass comes in. Robert Edwards' drumming has always been so confident, and this song is no different. His beat grounds the jamming riffs of Peters and Collins in time with Beckett's chords. The overall effect becomes chilling when Beckett starts to sing in a soft tone. He sounds hopeless. All the while the powerful bass foreshadows the noise to come. Vin Peters' riff too is cunning, giving a sense that something is going on in the dense ambiance of the verse.

More voices. Billie is joined for a moment in his passion by the whole band. Stomp on the pedal board. The chorus kicks in to overdrive. What was building subtly in the background has come to a storm of noise as Billie screams the chorus. Reported Failure is coming in heavy and they aren't fucking around. Vin plays a sweet guitar riff over the noise. Matt slams his bass his hard as he can. Robert pounds his cymbals. In this wall of noise, the group loses their shit.

As quickly as it started it was gone. The original beat and riff return. Beckett sounds like he is adding more details to a manifesto. This time when the chorus comes Vin is screaming right along with Billie. The overall effect is a madness of heavy noise. This noise continues in to a post-chorus. A fiery tremolo picking joins the guitar thunder. About three and a half minutes in to the song, Reported Failure wont let up. The chords swell in overdrive. The noise reaches a critical mass.

"I want you baby in my bones/You make the castle and give the king a throne" sings Billie as the noise fades down. Edwards' drumming is unbelievable, holding the shifts from loud to quiet together tightly. Vin clicks his guitar. Matt's bass doesn't let up. Billie says "Heard the rain is coming, babe" just before the hurricane of fuzz filled guitar and screams and bass and epic drums return for a final time. But Beckett makes the end up the song over the last fading subtle fills from Edwards, and guitar chords. His tone on the outro is defeated, but vicious. Billie Beckett will not go down without a fight.

Billie Beckett's lover, or the lover of whomever the speaker of the song is supposed to be, me be beautiful, but there is something sinister about her. This woman who has a constant presence in the "highways" and comes with a "sting" seems to have inflicted an intense sorrow upon her man. She may be going to tear Billie up, but he finds solace in the fact that he still has "sticks and stones." The sense of despair and hopelessness throughout the song mixed with fury give the impression that his lover has won, but that something violent brews inside the man she has wronged.

The lover in "Sticks and Stones" is perhaps not a person at all. The fact that she "makes the world go around" suggests that Beckett is using the lover as a symbol. She is desirable clearly. She wears diamonds. She is a beautiful blonde haired blue eyed woman. But above all Beckett screams over and over "I need her." She is an addiction. "The levees breakin down" is uttered in the background at one point. In a refernce to Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks," Reported Failure are suggesting that the addiction to the "lover" has reached a tipping point. When the levee breaks, and as "the rain is coming" it seems that the possession of sticks and stones may be the only thing that could help save our poor friend.

My lover has blue eyes
Golden brown hair its flying everywhere and
she'll take apart my heart
She wants everything in love
And love her from the start

My lovers hair isnt straight
She lets it curl and fly about
She makes the world go round
And she is everything (the levee's breakin down...)
She's in the castles and the towers

I need her
My lover needs to lie down
I cant help but feel
She's gonna tear me up tonight

My lover wears her diamonds
She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
She's makes the world go around
And she is everything (the rain is coming now)
She's in the jets and all the highways

(We've been going so long)
I need her
(I've loved you so long)
(We've known each other so long)
I cant help but feel
(We've been drowning so long)
She's gonna tear me up tonight (I need somebody)

I want you baby in my bones
You make castle and give the king a throne
Cuz baby when the world leaves us alone
Its about what you own. Its what you own

Well baby if you want you can rule my head
You can be the princess in my bed
I just want you to come when I sing
I'll drink your honey and forget your sting
I heard the rain is coming
Heard the rain is coming
babe

I need her
I cant help but feel

Well you had caught me from the start
You can take everything in my head
You can have me you can tear me apart
If you lie in my heart you can lie in my bed

But even tough now I've come off the throne
All the stitches made have been unsown
I've still got something left I own
Got sticks and stones got sticks and stones

Edited by user 28 April 2015 03:56:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
C4AJoh on 25/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 25/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/04/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 25 April 2015 03:55:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Amy: Yes! We all need new Reported Failure in our lives! This album feels like a major change from 'Rome' which lets face it, that album is absolutely your masterpiece. With 'Rome' it's like you set out to be the biggest rock band on the planet and with this new album I feel like you're aiming to be the worlds greatest garage band. It's raw. It's honest and although it's a complete change of pace, it's wonderful so far. I can't wait to hear the entire album from what is no doubt the band of my generation. So glad you have a new album!!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 25/04/2015(UTC)
#7 Posted : 25 April 2015 12:41:52(UTC)

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Amy: Yes! We all need new Reported Failure in our lives! This album feels like a major change from 'Rome' which lets face it, that album is absolutely your masterpiece. With 'Rome' it's like you set out to be the biggest rock band on the planet and with this new album I feel like you're aiming to be the worlds greatest garage band. It's raw. It's honest and although it's a complete change of pace, it's wonderful so far. I can't wait to hear the entire album from what is no doubt the band of my generation. So glad you have a new album!!

Billie: I'm glad you're liking it. Thank you. It is very different from the last album, but I think part of staying relevant is changing the way we sound. And we save the big melodic pieces for the end of this album. Those big melodies are what people I think loved about 'Rome' and we try to bring them a little bit but really make something that is like you said more raw overall. I think this record stands equal with the last.
UserPostedImage
#8 Posted : 26 April 2015 06:05:15(UTC)

8. Hands
UserPostedImage

The eighth song "Hands" was the second, and so far most successful single from the album. The song has a heavy punk and grunge vibe led by drums and guitar. The bass is fat and loud. Billie's vocals sound strained and harsh for most of the song but he has swagger like Chris Cornell and knows how to sell his lyrics. As suggested by the title, the lyrics mention hands over and over again and what they are used for. Billie uses hands to talk about power saying "I got hands to hit strings" referencing his guitar playing and position in the world as a musician, and then adding "You got hands for violence/For the power that you seek." More on the lyrics later. The upbeat style makes this song have a motivating feeling. Its the type of rock song to start the party or add to your workout playlist, or start the circle pit. That makes it a lucrative single. Its a big change of pace from "sticks and stones" even though it covers similar topics. The sound is much happier than the previous song, and it really keeps the energy going as the album gets right in the middle of the second half.

A boom and a crunch start the song. Vin Peters's main riff has a dirty blues tone but its actual dynamics are more metal. Robert Edwards's beat is a strong punk jam. It sounds bright, and has a big attitude. Billie's voice sounds rough, not pretty, when he sings the opening lines. The melody is blunt and really centered around the sparked delivery. Billie sings over just the drums and a single guitar. No bass yet. The effect is powerful, but more has to be coming. For now we just get to listen to the words of the first verse.

A second guitar tone rises at the end of the verse. The chords come in hot with the bass filling up the whole song. The bass is deep and hard demonstrating a very gothic sound. The whole sound, in fact, goes to an altogether heavy, grimy place. Robert adds skull-bashing cymbals to his already killer beat. Billie seems to get down even more with the more hardcore side of his vocal repertoire singing "So there's nothing left but to fight it out/I'll set a fire in the streets." By the time he reaches the sharp-shootin' "You'll see," the guitars have flared up, and drums have bashed a few fills, and it is time for the chorus.

The chorus to "Hands" is short, sweet, but defiant. Robert Edwards absolutely rages on his drum it's unfair. He's just showing off. The bass line is an addicting du-du du-du duuuuuu du-du-du-du. Vin and Billie together create a blanket of guitar noise with Billie letting the chords ring free, and Vin playing a subdued version of the main riff. Billie sings with a mixture of smugness and anger almost like a kid at school who knows they are already in deep shit so they say one more smartass comment just because it will antagonize the authorities further. The overall effect is in your face. The song showcases the harsher punk side of Reported Failure leaving pop-punk way behind, and yet the tune is catchy enough to hook anyone in.

Its back to the main riff, but this time with full bass booming from all sides. Billie's guitar explodes in to a rush of sound as he tremolo picks on his guitar. Wit the same consistent beat as a foundation, this part of the song becomes a headbangers's dream. Vin and Matt lay down the heavy concrete of the song, and Billie sets the explosive atmosphere while Robert holds the whole thing together and then some. But this jam breaks apart as one guitar fades to indiscriminate ambient noise and the other plays more mellow chords. Robert switches to a laid back hi-hat beat. Matt plays root notes. When the vocals come back they are more sensitive than before singing "I got hands for living/For protecting what I love." The lead guitar just slides effortlessly like glass letting notes ring for a while. The mellow instruments give Billie the freedom to use a softer tone, but his voice still sounds cracked. This change in tone is another hook in to the song, but it doesn't last long as the band revamps as Billie calls out "You bleed you bleed YOU BLEED."

The next chorus goes in the same manner as the first. Because its four lines are simple, by the time it repeats again the words have been internalized, and the sing along has begun. The third chorus ends and the lead guitar shines trough once more in a melodic riff high on the neck. The chords fill the song. Bass and drums keep the rhythm. Billie unloads an emotional outro. He sings higher and with more intensity than before and really shows off his ability to hold a note even with a hoarse tone. The guitar riff and Billie's vocals together form a melancholy tune bringing even more emotional depth to the song. Billie fades his voice out on the final word, but the song is ended by a brief return to the brighter mood as Vin and Robert play the intro one more time.

In this song Billie sings to someone who uses their hands for violence, who has "hypocrisy skin deep" has some kind of control over Billie as shown with the repetition of "you got me." This "you" also seems to want Billie to stop playing music as the chorus reveals. His guitar, his art, is something that he is willing to fight for and even die for. He says "And when I scream I'm dying/You got hands to cover my mouth/But I'll bite 'til you bleed" in one of the most fearless lyrics of the song. The song is very rebellious. The lyrics feel like a protest. Billie is daring is enemies: " you're gonna have to cut off both my hands/If you don't want me to play"

I got hands to hit strings
But I'm on my hands and knees
And you got me
Yeah you got me
You got hands for violence
For the power that you seek
And you got me
Yeah you got me

Even if my words could bind you
Reveal the hypocrisy skin deep
You still got me
Yeah you still got me
So there's nothing left but to fight it out
I'll set a fire in the streets
And then you'll see
Yeah then you'll see
You'll see
You'll see
YOU'LL SEE

That you can't stop the way
That I feel when I say
That you're gonna have to cut off both my hands
If you don't want me to play

I got hands for living
For protecting what I love
But you got me
But I'm not done
And when I scream I'm dying
You got hands to cover my mouth
But I'll bite 'til you bleed
'til you bleed
You bleed
You bleed
YOU BLEED

You can't stop the way
That I feel when I say
You can't stop the way
That I feel when I say

I will raise them in the air
Come at me if you dare
I will put them in the sky
My hands came here to try
I will raise them in the air
Come at me if you dare
I will put them in the sky
My hands came here to die

9. Over the clouds and beyond the sea
UserPostedImage

"Over the clouds and beyond the sea" is the most low key song on the album. It is not very high energy and has a nostalgic minor key tone. Robert plays a fairly soft beat. Matt's bass is smooth and sweet. Vin plays slide guitar and Billie plays an acoustic guitar citing a more americana sound than any other song on the album. The arena sized chorus helps the song fit in to the rest of the album. The lyrics on this song really shine. Billie has a sophisticated rhyme scheme and he lays down all his vulnerabilities as he sings goodbye to a girl named Whitney. In the scope of Reported Failure's entire body of work this song is fairly unique as a folk influenced ballad. However, it definitely is upbeat enough to stay rock and is somewhat similar to the band's singe "Hope to Get Out" from their second album.

It begins with a twang on guitar. Vin's tone is old school 60's style. He's paying a slide. Drums fire off subdued shots in a more wet sound than the hard rock beats layed down on earlier songs. The bass has a real smooth glow to it. Billie plays a distant fingerpick chord. In this progression they play a warm but sad melody. It feels heavy-hearted.

They complete a full intro melody then the verse starts. Billie opens his soul and lets us hear it. Both solid picking electric and soft acoustic guitars play. The drums back it up with a simple rock beat and bass rides along side playing whole notes. The vocals are reminiscent of oldies like Bob Dylan with twang but also summons the snarl of Kurt Cobain. The tone sounds kind of hurt but hopeful. Here the sound really takes on the lyrical theme of suffering but overcoming and moving on.

At about a minute and a quarter in to the song they get to the big chorus. Robert excels with a burst of energy bashing the cymbals and holding steady bass and snare. A piano makes an ambient background. The acoustic guitar carries on. Bass thuds still adding a blushing tone. Vin uses the slide making a nice dynamic lead. Billie lets out a mighty "I wish." The chorus feels like an empowering ballad overall, but that feeling is juxtaposed by the worrysome tone of the vocals. Its a big sing along moment but it seems like a song to cry to.

The chorus is the obvious high point of the song. With its big emotion gone the song switches back to the verse pattern for two more stanzas. Matt plays a wonderfully silky transition to the verse. The beat is fast enough to dance. Maybe a slowdance. Still te vibe is very laid back. The guitars form a subtle foundation but the heart is in the vocals and slide guitar. They work well keeping us in a dreamy state just enjoying the music.

This dream really becomes a melancholic bliss as the band starts the next chorus. The band fly smooth. The song has a real soothing quality. Backing vocals join forming a synchronized harmony. The piano adds the perfect touch, and everything is in sync. Vin plays a distant solo. His tone is so sweet and loving. The slide was a great choice to make the overall vibe. He completes a melody, and its time for one last chorus. The very last cries of "I wish" are even more powerful than the first ones, yet we get a sense by the end of the song that Billie knows his wish wont come true. He sings "goodbye Whitney" real sweet. It is a loving goodbye. The emotion in this song is moving.

Beginning with a goodbye, the song is a collection of thoughts that the singer has about saying goodbye to someone he had loved. He says "I still remember being so high/Over the clouds and beyond the sea." This really shows how much he felt for Whitney. The lyrics in the chorus are very emotional. Billie is nostalgic. He also confesses that he is depressed, but has a way of not dwelling on it. In the second verse he really settles that despite the hurt it will cost to remember feeling so great, it is time to move on: "I had a choice/I made it now you can rest" The whole song follows a structured rhyme scheme and is one of the bands most lyrical pieces.

Goodbye Whitney
And you can have everything
I don't need what you can give me
And I'm gonna make it on my own
So goodbye Whitney
I am going home

I was a wounded boy
And you always nursed the hurt
But I can carry all of my own weight
And I just need you to understand
I was a wounded boy
But now I am a man

I wish
That things had been differently
I still remember being so high
Over the clouds and beyond the sea
I wish
That nothing ever burdened me
But I guess I'm depressed so I'll lay it to rest
And move on to where I should be
Goodbye Whitney

I had a choice
I could go on or follow my heart
I know I'll miss your sweet love
But I know that its for the best
I had a choice
I made it now you can rest

I might smoke all day
Sometimes just to forget you
Sometimes I'm sure I'll regret it all
And sometimes I think I'm just cursed
I might smoke all day
If it helps me forget the worst

I want to know
That I will find a place to be
Baby I wanna know
Am I ever gonna be free
Of missing you when I go to sleep
Or float thru my memory
But goodbye Whitney

I wish
That things had been differently
I wish
That nothing ever burdened me
But I guess I'm depressed so I'll lay it to rest
And move on to where I should be
Goodbye Whitney

Edited by user 26 April 2015 06:09:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Welat65 on 26/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
#9 Posted : 28 April 2015 03:54:52(UTC)

10. American Scheme
UserPostedImage

"American Scheme" is a very dense song. Almost seven minutes long, it contains such rich musical and lyrical content that it may become the most mentioned song of the album. Somewhat of a ballad, but it has no obvious chorus. Rather it is a series of progressions by the band developing different hopeless melodies while Billie delivers six stanzas that tell a post-modern style story about addiction and America. It has a very raw sound and a subtle lo-fi feeling in the quiet parts makes the loud parts shine even more. The genre is hard to place. It has a strong post-rock influence, but when the band really gets going it is an epic orchestra of progressive metal. Similar to "Sticks and Stones" this song shines in its quiet parts just as much as its loud parts and has plenty of both. The vocals are so well done that we are really sucked in to what feels like a dreary daydream in the ever-twisted world of Reported Failure's darker consciousness.

Like many other songs on this album, the guitar is where it begins, with an overdrive pedal plugged in and the production left choppy like a basement punk show. One guitar showers us with rich reverb notes that sound industrial and the other slowly leads in with a melody on a cleaner tone. They do a little dance but then stop as Billie sings the first lines over a dark and distorted keyboard chord pattern thats been dipped in flangers and faders so much it blends with the guitars. The way he sings the song is as if it is an old and sad war song like the one Pippin sings in The Return of the King. His voice sort of drags on and on but he doesn't sound so angry as in many of the other songs.

Bass and drums come as soon as Billie stops. Both really solid but fairly slow. The guitars come back doing the same sad dance from before. Vin really gets a silky tone. They continue on in a slow rock progression until it comes to a climax. The tone of guitar flares up dramatically and the drums stall and the band charges. Thick, creamy guitar spills over in power chords and sugary leads. Their dance turns more breathtaking as they seem to spin around each other. It is masterfully played. All the guitars are like one. The bass plays a simple more menacing pattern. On drums, Robert absolutely shreds his cymbals and the other drums cut deep. In total it is an unstoppable flow of music.

The rush of music crashes but then becomes calm and reflective. In the bar after the flood, Billie sings "So I took it all and I took it all for granted" over a lone acoustic guitar. Occasionally a strike of distant guitar goes off like explosions heard from a distance. Billie sounds completely heartbroken. He has been brutalized and violated in a place where he thought only love was allowed in. He sounds scared. He sounds hopeless. He sounds completely defeated singing "But in the cold of night devils, devils they came and/I was left naked on the ground." As soon as these lyrics end the melody from the introduction returns. Slithering in and out of sight like a snake, the melody has been coming and going almost haunting the song. The keyboard plays a more melancholy tone now coming in for a few measures to supply rhythm. The drums join in so sneakily with tiny taps on the ride. They become progressively less soft. A snare is mixed in. The guitar dance gets bigger with one guitar playing very atmospheric leads creating a wall of sound. The bass just gets heavier and heavier leading in to a fortissimo section with every instrument blaring in wave after wave. It is a very heavy post-rock whirlpool and Billie Beckett's third stanza comes in strong as he holds steady notes. This section of the song comes to a big climax when Billie screams out the song's title.

Just as the song was slow to climb to this first climax, it is slow to fall from it. The instruments still hang in an all-consuming blanket of noise. The drums take a prominent place in the recording. The bass is drawn out and dark. The guitars float on with lots of distortion and tone but at about four minutes in to the song they start to slow. They really sing and bark with each note having its own voice. The keyboard comes back this time sounding more like an actual piano than before. This part is more experimental as the synchronization of the instruments slowly falls apart each of them going their own way. Melody has gone. It is an abstract sea of different notes.

At about four minutes and thirty seconds the progression falls apart completely and the instruments all fade out. Again, the slithering guitar melody returns gliding and hissing. Subtle tremolo tone from the other guitar joins. They have begun the dance anew. Deep war drums thunder in as Billie starts to sing beginning with the line "How many drugs can we take at once in this town." He starts out quiet as if shy. The beat here is a highlight of the song. Billie's cynical melody fits colorfully in to the guitar melody. Bass joins in playing whole notes. Billie gets louder as the verse goes on. The keyboard returns once again juxtaposing well with the guitar. Bass thunders on changing to quarter notes suddenly to make the progression more intense. Finally Billie starts to build up his confidence at the end of this verse. He really lets his feelings go not being afraid to sound vulnerable. Finally he steps in to the spotlight thundering over the instruments with emotion before singing at the top of his lungs "I JUST WANT TO LIVE." Its almost melodramatic, but it is clearly intentional.

With only a minute left in the song, Reported Failure enters one final movement. The guitar sings in the atmosphere, and the bass and drums are tremendously heavy. But they soon stop and give Billie the last word of the song. He sings the same melody as the very first stanza. They also begin with similar lyrics. He sings in the same gloomy fashion leaving us with a feeling of being emotionally beaten and left for dead. Only an acoustic guitar strumming on every whole note and a couple shimmers of distant guitar noise accompany him. Soon it is only him and the acoustic. It feels lonely. And that is how it ends.

The song's title is an obvious play on words of "American Dream." Billie seems to switch from giving us orders in the first and part of the fourth stanzas and speaking about his own feelings and experiences in the rest. The narration on this song is shaded in metaphors from the beginning to the end, so the story is disjointed. The song tells the story of a drug addict, but his addiction is not a typical drug. The first stanza tells us the story of how he came to be addicted, and later Billie names the addiction saying "its the American Scheme." The scheme for Billie is some version of the ideal the American Dream. He describes houses with extra rooms, big lawns, gated communities, and decorated mantles.

In framing the normal ideals of what it means to make it in America as a drug, Billie gets very provocative with his lyrics. The second stanza is delivered with the most heart-broken tone that he is able to summon on the entire album. He sings "But in the cold of night devils, devils they came and/I was left naked on the ground." Stripped of all the materials that had given him comfort, Billie is confronted in the cold of night by the darker side of humanity. What makes it most provocative is how his description of being naked works with lines like "I want it to stop," "You have to take it all/And never say no," and "I dont want to do it again" to create a sense that he is completely powerless and is actually being forced to continue. As dark as this song is the end of it shows a tiny hint of light s Billie says he is coming down from the high and reflects on the addiction finishing with the lines "I think I sold my soul/And sold my body/And I didn't get nothing/That was worth having."

Put this in your house
Put this on your heart
You need this in your lawn
You need this in your lungs
So never stop working
Thats how you can make it here
So put this on your mantle
But first put this in your mind
You need it to survive
You need it to survive

So I took it all and I took it all for granted
I swore that I knew what true love must be
But in the cold of night devils, devils they came and
I was left naked on the ground

I want it to stop
But its my addiction
ITS THE AMERICAN SCHEME

How many drugs can we take at once in this town
How much can we spend to feel safe and sound
All the while the war is on so we can get more so play along
Dont you dare stand up, just put the needle in
Aren't these extra bedrooms great places to put your kids
and wont the gate around the house help trap them in
And the other around the neighborhood can trap you to
Dont you dare speak up, just take one more hit
Just breathe this in
Then breathe it out
You have to take it all
And never say no

Maybe God will punish us in the end for our sin
For now I can't even remember where we've been
Just please please I dont want to do it again
I am begging
I JUST WANT TO LIVE

Words are drugs in my head
I got high in my heart
But I'm coming down
Now I'm coming down
I think I sold my soul
And sold my body
And I didn't get nothing
That was worth having
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 28/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 28/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
#10 Posted : 28 April 2015 05:55:34(UTC)

11. Downpour
UserPostedImage

"Downpour" features some of the most vulnerable storytelling as Billie sings about wanting a woman he has been with to take him back after a bad fight. The instruments match the more vulnerable tone. The guitar takes a back seat; instead, piano and a string section join the mix. The melody is addicting, and by the time the strings really thrive towards the end of the song, they are completely uplifting. Overall, "Downpour" is perhaps the only song on the album without a dominant guitar sound. It sounds like an expansion on some of the sounds Reported Failure played with on their two previous albums. Beckett's lyricism and vocal performance, however, make the song just as exciting as any on "Lie In" if not more so. Juxtaposed with "American Scheme" the happiness of this song really shines. When the drums start up and the chimey guitar chords form a gorgeous sea of sound with the violins and piano there is no stopping the feels from hitting you hard.

It starts slow wit a faint smooth tone from a guitar. A violin sings a few notes that quickly come and then go. There are other ambient sounds crossing right to left filling up the song. About twenty-five seconds in a piano plays a simple, meditative melody. The whole production is marinated in sweet sweet reverb. The piano completes a full melody then DMMMM goes the bass. The bass drum smacks in time with the piano. It feels powerful. Robert Edwards plays a stadium-sized fill and the song really kicks in to gear. DMM Da DMM Da DM DM Da DMM Da goes the bass. Guitar swings in to a full but not overpowering chord progression still laced with sugary ambiance. Its a shimmering sunset of sound.

Everything stops. "I thought I was lost tonight" sings Billie in a very honest voice. A light guitar chord. He sings the next lines and the drums and bass come back. Robert's beat is mixed in to sound very bright big for the toms bass and snare and like smooth splashes on water for the hi-hat and cymbals. The melody Billie sings is very bittersweet but soothing. There is no trouble or pain in his voice, rather the vocals express total clarity. He stretches out the word "kid" both times as the piano comes back to play a piece of the same opening melody. The drums thud on in a big refrain from the rest of the instruments. Then the same blissful progression filling up the soul of the song comes back. Another guitar joins soaring with notes picked so fast they sound like one. A string section plays softly the same notes building up to a slight crescendo before the instruments stop again.

This time the instruments don't fade for as long as they did in the first verse. Rather than letting the vocals stand more or less alone they join at key beats to give a sense of power to the second verse and evolution to the song as a whole. Someone hits chords on piano at every off beat to create an array of different sounds. This time when Billie stretches out the word "all" the melody feels familiar and comfortable, almost homey. It is so tempting to sing along to as it summons sadness and happiness in to harmony together. This goes straight in to a bridge with Billie singing earnestly, "So don't write me off yet/I've got some new ideas in my head." The guitar plays the same chords and the drums and bass play a good backing jam that doesn't demand too much attention. Backing vocals harmonize as the song reaches a climax at the last two lines of the stanza.

Now the string section comes in big after only subtle hints early in the song. The band plays the same inspired progression that they have been playing, but with symphony above them playing a beautiful melody in the same bittersweet mood, the song sounds larger than life. Singing and swaying, and dancing from note to note, the strings fade away just as the guitar chords pick up playing fast and Billie belts out "I miss the feeling of your head near mine/I miss the feeling of you in the night time." THUD THUD THUD THUD go the drums hammering every beat in unison with every note and every word. Piano here. Clouds of atmospheric guitar there. Billie lets the word "goodbye" soar for a moment. Its romantic, but sad also. All of the feels.

Having reached one climax already, the band thunders on in the main progression once more as Billie begins to sing the very last verse. With the guitars drums and bass playing already, the piano creeps in, and then the violins are back, and then the whole string section. By the time Billie sings the emotional final four lines of the song, the noise has reached another full cascade of sweeping music. They play on and on and on whisking us away to a different place and then setting us down gently with a few fading tones.

In this song Billie sings to someone who he has had an awful fight wit but now he wants her back, but it isn't certain whether he will get what he wants. He knows he hasn't been perfect as he reveals in the second verse that he never wrote her letters and that after their last fight he was the one to leave. Billie gives the sense that he truly needs her especially with the last lines of the song: "But I stand my ground/I was lost but I'm found/When I heard the sound/Of your voice all around." Her voice is what helps him to be found, but the song takes on a sad tone because he seems to think that things went too badly to be repaired. The melody is very bittersweet, and the lyrics mirror this in that while it is sad that Billie may not get her back, he is incredibly romantic. He sings about holding hands and says to "wash our hate out the door." We cannot help but root for him.

I thought I was lost tonight
I was certain I'd never see you again
Then you touched my hand and took me by the wrist
You taught me how to stand like I was just a kid
Just a kid

I didn't write you any letters babe
I know I should have but I just couldn't think of the words
Last time we talked we screamed until the neighbors called
Thats when I walked and I haven't come back at all
Not at all

So don't write me off yet
I've got some new ideas in my head
And you're my best bet
So forget all that shit we said
I think its time for the downpour
So lets wash our hate out the door

I miss the feeling of your head near mine
I miss the feeling of you in the night time
But if the time has come for moving on
I'll get lost again rambling where I belong
I just want to stop in California
For a last goodbye

If we're done I hope you find your true love instead
If we're done I hope one day we can meet again
But I stand my ground
I was lost but I'm found
When I heard the sound
Of your voice all around

12. Not the End
UserPostedImage

The album has been a long journey and it has come to the end; the final song which is the last chance for a band to show its stuff. "Not the End" starts with a smooth fingerpicking pattern on an acoustic guitar but eventually builds to a vicious metal influenced movement to lose the album. It is ironic that the last lyrics of the last song are a blistering shout of "this is not the end" over an epic jam. The song may lead to considerable disagreement in the music world because it sounds uneasy and bleak. Not the way many people like an album to end. Billie Beckett is singing about getting married but with unsettling imagery; he describes the union of the flesh as "sewn with a needle dipped in dirty blood" and references "poison," and "disease." All the while a melancholy acoustic guitar forms the song until it suddenly bursts in to a furious heavy metal melody as Beckett lets out some of the most passionate vocals of his career. Overall, it is controversial, but this ending holds nothing back, and rocks like nothing else ever has.

An acoustic guitar plays a sad pattern picking at the same notes but alternating the root notes. Over and over it plays forming a tender, fragile mood. When Billie Beckett joins singing the very first line his voice is in a higher pitched silky tone. The melody has a cunning sound to it; on the surface is it is almost sweet but it carries a darker undertone and sense of hopelessness and loss. by the third line the rest of the band joins in. A moderate beat, a full bass sound playing root notes every eighth note, and a reverberated and atmospheric electric guitar. The focus is on the vocal melody and the other instruments simply bring a fuller sound to the mood already created by Beckett and his acoustic guitar.

The chimes of the guitars ring out as Billie's melody changes sounding more pure and sincere as he sings "So call me a liar/I'll call you one too." Robert quietly hits his hi-hats to add emphasis to the sonic change. Matt lets the bass ring out. Billie's soft beautiful vocal carries the song as he draws out the word "forgive" and the instruments pick up just a little bit. This repeats again for the last line of the first stanza. The overall effect is chilling. The melody, the tone, and the lyrics combine for a sense of beauty and tragedy, love and loss, purity and disease. The subtlety is stunning.

Swells of guitar tone. All the while the same sad melody resonates in the background. The second verse starts. There is no chorus, merely a buildup of emotional noise between two back to back verses. This time Vin Peters slides from note to note letting them fly through the stratosphere. There are multiple layers of guitar. A sad picking melody in the left. Drawn out ambiance on the right. Robert Edward's beat is mostly the bass drum pounding in time. A tome there. A snare here. It is powerful. Matt Collins mutters incomprehensible backing vocals. Then he picks up the rhythm on bass and the song is really going. The same ironic mood is now more energetic. This time when the sound breaks in to a big refrain as Beckett sings "So call me a cheat/I'll call you one too" it is full of Peters's guitar playing on log notes going from higher to lower pitch and not even being afraid to be a little bit off key. The effect is eerie. The guitars eventually break in to a incomprehensible chorus of bent and broken noise as Billie finishes the verse.

The guitar noise echos out in to the distant and a single acoustic guitar replaces it. Billie's voice is so quiet and sensitive that the lyrics "All of the world's a stage and all of the men are players/I'm your man and baby I play my part with many layers" can barely be made out. It is so quiet but because this part of the song is only vocals and an acoustic guitar it can just be made out. The performance is gorgeous but heartbreaking. Billie channels real emotion in a way that can be hard to listen to. Vin Peters joins to harmonize on the last lines. The guitar and vocals get even quieter. They almost fade out as Billie whispers "I just want you to know."

Guitar rings loud, louder, louder. "THIS IS NOT THE END" screams Billie. The juxtaposition of whispering to screaming is shocking, almost frightening. It takes you fully by surprise. Robert Edwards rips his drums in a fast hard beat. The bass thuds and roars away producing a full sound. Chords from one of the guitars makes a smashing, shimmering overdrive flood the song. Vin Peters plays a riff that is frantic and aggressive. The entire band is giving it one last shot, one last hoorah of rock and roll fury. "THIS IS NOT THE END" yells Billie again and again. It is fucking brilliant. This same pattern continues for several measures until it breaks in to an even deeper pattern. The bass roars so low it is earth shattering. The drums crash again and again. The guitar plays a bitter, complex melody so loud it encompasses the types of emotions only music can convey. Words are useless here. Ring. Fade. The last chimes fall away. The drum are gone. The bass vanished. The vocals subdued. The guitar lost. All is silent.

From the first verse, we know Billie is singing to his fiancee. Always fairly private, Billie may be engaged but has been able to keep it out of the news. On the other hand, he may not be and has just invented the scenario so that he can write a killer song. The song is about a tragic love story. They are not the perfect couple. In the first verse Billie says they are both liars who try even to "drown each other," in the second they are both cheats, but they are ready for a battle that Billie seems to be urging her they must fight together. The plot thickens in the verse beginning with an allusion to William Shakespeare: "All of the world's a stage and all of the men are players/I'm your man and baby I play my part with many layers." In many ways Billie Beckett is the tragic hero of his own songs. If he is Hamlet then his love is Ophelia doomed to drown which Beckett references. Alternatively he may be Romeo and she may be Juliet which would explain the line about poison.

Throughout the whole album, and especially on this final song there is a sense of fighting. The most dramatic lyric "this is not the end" is inspiring, but it seems almost empty or illegitimate. The first reason why is that it is in fact the end of the album. The second is that the fiancee may not be living suggested by the lyric "they fed you with poison." Third, Billie wants to fight an enemy that has "guns and gas" with nothing but "metal and teeth." Billie seems hopeless, but the is steadfast and the tone at the end of the song is an unstoppable fury. The story may be a tragedy, and nothing may be on his side, but he insists it is not the end. This is a rather inspiring statement about a personal refusal to give up even in a state of suffering. Moreover it reflects where Reported Failure is as a band. They've changed their sound. They are deep in to their career. But "Lie In" is the most furious album they have ever released. People may question their relevance or say they are on the way out. But Reported Failure responds clearly. This is not the end.

I got these vows in my head I'm going over and over
And the ring's been on my finger all these months waiting for you my love
I may roam around in the smoke and the dust from the battles
But when we come as one I know we wont ever let go
So call me a liar
I'll call you one too
But its time to forgive
Maybe we drown eachother
You can sink or float
This is not the end

Our flesh might be sewn with a needle dipped in dirty blood
Still we must fight for the sake of the goodness of everyone
The pain makes me better so disease can take me in the end
But tonight I'm on the prowl and you're with me so lets feed come on
So call me a cheat
I'll call you one too
But its too late to cry
They'll come at us with guns and gas
We've got metal and teeth
This is not the end

All of the world's a stage and all of the men are players
I'm your man and baby I play my part with many layers
The greatest plays of this Earth have been tragedies
They fed you poison and that was the last of my sad symphonies
So call me fool
You know you do
But I'm serious when I say to you
I just want you to know

THIS IS NOT THE END
THIS IS NOT THE END
THIS IS NOT THE END
THIS IS NOT THE END

OOC: Thanks to everyone who has been reading this. I know some of the songs were long so thanks for baring with me. I really hope you liked it and would love to know what you think IC or OOC. :D

Edited by user 28 April 2015 07:00:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 30 April 2015 03:54:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: "American Scheme" is by far my favorite song. It's really well written and well done. This entire RP was amazing and it's been awesome to see RF grow into these rock giants. I did not know a lot about them at first but now I feel like I know them musically wise as if I were a fan and had been with them from the very beginning, so you've done an excellent job of showing their growth as if they were a real band. Great job on this :) And I like that you add your own personal touch so it's not just like every other album roleplay.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 30/04/2015(UTC)
#12 Posted : 30 April 2015 14:19:59(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: "American Scheme" is by far my favorite song. It's really well written and well done. This entire RP was amazing and it's been awesome to see RF grow into these rock giants. I did not know a lot about them at first but now I feel like I know them musically wise as if I were a fan and had been with them from the very beginning, so you've done an excellent job of showing their growth as if they were a real band. Great job on this :) And I like that you add your own personal touch so it's not just like every other album roleplay.

OOC: Thank you! Thanks for reading and for the feedback. :) I'm glad you felt like you got to know RF as if you were a real fan. That's one of the coolest things RP can do and I'm glad to have been able to make them grow. And I really wanted to keep it interesting by adding random little things like the gifs and Lord of the Rings references because I'm a nerd. Haha.
UserPostedImage
#13 Posted : 06 May 2015 08:12:20(UTC)

A Conversation with Reported Failure and Avil Hartman about "Lie In" conducted by Max Pruitt

Part 1 of 2

UserPostedImage

Right right welcome one welcome all to Max-Volume. I'm your host Max Pruitt and we've got a great conversation ahead of us with a band I know all of you want to hear from. They captivated us in 2013 with "Rome" and now they are back with a new LP, their seventh, I'm going to be talking with Reported Failure. The album is called "Lie In" and you can get it now. We're going to be talking about what that title means, we're going to be talking a bit about whats been going on in the world lately, we're going to talk about Reported Failure past present and future, and most of all we're going to talk about the music. Producer Avil Hartman is also here in the studio. Lets get to it.

Hi everyone I'm here with Billie Beckett, Matt Collins, Robert Edwards, and Vin Peters. You know them as Reported Failure. Avil Hartman is with us to. Good day everybody. Lets start with this: each of you go around and just in a few sentences say what you most want to say to the fans about the new album.

BB: Ok. Well I'm the frontman so I'll go first.

MC: putting us in our rightful place haha

RE: chuckle

BB: Yeah. This album really deals with a lot of unhappiness and unsettling material, and making it was a way to send those things away, to kind of clear my life of a lot of shit by writing songs about it. So I really hope that when you listen to it you first enjoy it and that you can connect with it to and come out to shows and connect with it there. Thats really all I can ask for. I'm really proud of the way we sound on this album too and I hope people appreciate the choices we made.

MC: I would like to say that I think this album rocks harder than anything else anyone has released since the days of bands like The Nimrods or Blood of Wecz easily. Hell, charts react as they may, this is going to be remembered in the rock world mark my words: its going to be legendary.

VP: I personally really liked making this one because I got to play a lot more guitar solos than for our last album. We all know deep down I wish we could be a full fledged guitar glam band every night but we dont want to be a cliche. But I think we all really stepped our musicianship up to the next level on Lie In. Playing these live is going to be awesome.

RE: Yeah to reiterate what Vin said, the way we are playing our instruments is so different on this album. I think the beats and riffs really pushed the songwriting and melodies rather than the other way around. Its like the way we think about making a song kind of was reconstructed. The way we play our instruments even became more dynamic and focused. There are some moments on this album where I hear it and just think "holy shit I'm actually in this band"

AH: As a producer I've been working with this band for many years, and I just think that on this album they chose to take a lot of different chances. Like mixing in four guitar sequences and a synth in to different parts or turning up bass more than any other rock band has been doing or the way we used lo-fi at different times, and how we just found the perfect way to make the guitars sing. We just focused on production and perfecting every little nuance.

You really said a lot there Mr. Collins. We are going to touch on a lot of what you said but first Billie Beckett did you think you were really going to leave the band last year when you posted on your blog a bit of a rant about how we are slaves to consumerism and about discrimination, and you said you were going to live a minimal life. Then you came back. Where are you in your journey? Do you stand by what you said last year?

BB: You're going straight for hardball, huh? Ok. Well yeah I do stand by what I said. I still think that a lot of problems in the world today are caused by vanity and discrimination and materialism. I've tried to change my life to be a better person so if thats what you mean by my journey then sure I'm still on it.

So you dont regret making the blog post? You came under a lot of flack for that.

BB: I didn't say that. In fact I do regret that particular blog post but not because I have changed. To be honest I was very emotional when I wrote that and I think my prose wasn't very good. Ha.

Did you plan on coming back to the band?

BB: I never really planned any of it. The point was to live completely off the grid and in the moment. I didn't really know what I was going to do day to day so I just didn't think about Reported Failure much because thats just not where my life was. I'm glad I did though.

Interesting. I think we will probably touch on this more later in the interview, but lets talk about this album. Where did you record this?

VP: So I used to own this place called Pacific Noise Studios in Santa Cruz but business wasn't so great so we actually tore all the equipment out and converted this old house in rural California in to a studio using that equipment. So thats where we recorded all of this album, out in the redwoods with just the five of us and some family and friends who popped in once in awhile.

Do you think that environment contributed to how this album sounds?

MC: I think staying in the same house where we were recording instead of living in a hotel and going to the studio during the day really let us sink in to the music like we haven't before.

BB: Yeah totally. We had a schedule each day of what we wanted to work on but we weren't limited by anything. So many nights Vin and I just played guitar for hours until 3 am sometimes just working on how we sounded together. We couldn't do that at a regular recording studio.

After you released Rome, the rock world basically said it was your masterpiece, so how did you go about following that album? Did you feel a lot of pressure to have another huge success?

VP: One of the first things we said was that we were going to make an album that wasn't like anything else we have done. We weren't going to worry about it sounding like Rome. We just wanted to go in to that house and see what we could make.

RE: Yeah I agree with that. I think we knew it would be a heavier album going in to the recording process. We had written and recorded demos for Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles, Old Man in the Sea, and King of the Jungle already so we knew it was going to have a harsher sound than most of our previous stuff.

BB: Yeah and another thing that ended up happening with the songwriting is there aren't that many choruses on this album. Its a lot more focused on the instruments and then I mostly deliver these verses. Like Tired Lover, that song Vin' riff is the chorus, on Take Arms the big power chords are like the chorus, American Scheme is all about how the melody grows, Downpour and Not the End don't have choruses. I think that's really because of what Robert was saying earlier about how we changed how we wrote these songs.

Great insights. I noticed the lack of choruses on a lot of the songs too. Do you think that will make this album less accessible to your fans especially the ones who really grew to love you because of your big choruses on hits like "Manufactured Radio" "Crumbling" or "Days Spent in the Dark"?

VP: I guess it could, sure. We ave written a lot of songs with big choruses in our career. We wanted to try something new. And we definitely started to do this on Rome with songs like "Land and Sea" and "Frosted Peaks" but this album takes it to the next level.

AH: As a producer I noticed this and we talked about how it would affect the album's reception with the lack of catchy choruses being the norm on this album, but they really wanted to try something new.

MC: Plus we don't give a shit. We're trying to push the boundaries of what a major rock album is supposed to sound like. Take it or leave it.

There are a lot of references to water on this album. In fact you have a lot of references to the sea in your lyrics. Could you explain what all these lyrics mean to you?

BB: There's an intensity in the ocean that I've always been drawn to. The first song on this album is all about how the natural world and water in particular has more force than the force I believe we as people can muster. Its about how against the sea, we are faced with our own mortality. But broader than that I've always had a fixation on the sea since I was a kid and the juxtaposition of solid ground and fluid water is what the song "Land and Sea" is all about. The ocean is often a source of inspiration for me when I write songs.

Yeah I think thats definitely evident in the themes of this record. I want to talk about one of the burning questions which is the lion on the artwork and the song "Lie In" but I'll start just by asking you to explain the title.

BB: Yeah that song is really all about ambiguities which is another big topic of the album. Its says "Lie In" but there is a picture of a lion which actually when said aloud sounds the same. So there are layers. It isn't as it initially appears.

MC: Totally. What he said. Haha. Also the actual title is really an invitation to the listener to just lie down and really become one with the music not just lying down and listening but literally lying in the music as if the listener is one with the music.

So what is the lion all about?

MC: Its about being free and not giving a fuck haha

RE: I think its really about the feeling of this album which is so vicious and animalistic. For me there is nothing rational about this album its just all about playing as loud as we could turning up the amps and beating the shit out of the drums

AH: With what Robert said, we left most of the production kind of messy because we wanted it to sound wild and untamed

BB: Yeah those are all totally part of it. I intended the lion to represent a way of living that is more wild and rugged and fierce than the kind of life that I think we are usually told is the right kind. Part of it is really about free love and that 1960s dream of rock and roll and the hippy culture and growing out your hair and trying not to be part of the corporate machine. I think the lion works as a great symbol for that.

The artwork is almost psychedelic it is so colorful. A couple songs particularly the title track have a bit of a psychedelic vibe too. Is that a sound you are trying to incorporate more in your music?

VP: I personally love a good trip in a song. Ya know when a song just feels other worldly like its a gateway to a different reality. Its definitely a sound we intentionally strived for on the title track and we have been working on making our live show so that is really turns people on and gets them out of their minds.

BB: We've been talking about how "everything is not as it seems" is another big theme of the album, and I think the psychedelic vibes are really part of that. Its supposed to be wild and out there and make people question a lot of the ways the world is.

You talk about growing older in "Tired Lover." You're all already 30 or about to start that fourth decade of life, so do you think your age is an asset or deficit for you as a rock band?

VP: That's a tough one haha. I guess I think its bad because there will always be a younger band to make us seem like old news and it takes extra effort to stay relevant, but its also good. I like growing older and I think we just keep pushing ourselves and gaining more experience.

MC: I still rock out like I'm 19 ya know. As long as I get that buzz I'm set. If the haters think we are too old fuck em.

BB: Haha yeah I think we have to worry about our health more than all the 20 year olds we see on tour. We have to treat our bodies well to get through twenty five song sets. But we are getting to the point where we have been doing this for a long time so we have so much experience which definitely is reflected in our live show.

RE: I think as we move forward as a band we are going to have to really think about how to not be a throwback. We want to get new fans each time we make an album and not just keep putting out music for the nostalgia of our longtime fans. But we also want to stay true to our sound and not make a bunch of arena punk albums with calculated hits. I think that gets harder the longer you've been a band especially because we have to try hard to make sure our new material isn't just another reiteration of the same stuff we were doing five years ago.

Watching the progression of RF from a pop-punk band in to what you are now which is quite often a band in a league of its own has been fascinating. I noticed on this album that your moving forward as a band was actually a lot of moving backwards. What kinds of bands did you draw inspiration from for this album? It seems to me that its a lot more 90's and 70's influences than more modern rock. Is that what you intended?

VP: Yea we definitely went back to the oldies not that we haven't done that before but we didn't listen to more contemporary bands like PANIC! or Infinite or even our peers like Riot! or Suburban Sunrise who we have been influenced by in the past. I definitely listened to guitarists like Slash, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page and mixed those sounds with the hardcore punk sound I have always had going on as a guitarist.

BB: Yeah we really recorded a lot of these in a musical vaccum without today's influences. I think we all grew to love groups like Led Zeppelin and Cream and Nirvana and Pearl Jam throughout our lives and together as a group over the past year. That totally influenced our sound.

I definitely hear Led Zeppelin on songs where you let a couple of instruments lead and then all of the sudden break in to a guitar jam. "Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles" has a very vintage tone to it. The guitar is kind of punk but Billie you sound a lot like Robert Plant in that song. Are you trying to bring back some of that seventies style hard rock?

MC: I think its really always been part of us, but this album we let it be front and center in our sound instead of trying to be a pop-punk band.

BB: Yeah I absolutely agree with what Matt said, but I definitely intentionally channeled some classic sounds and ideas from groups like Zeppelin and even singer songwriters like Jackson Browne and Bob Dylan who were a big influence on my lyrics. We wanted to make an album that sounded vintage as you said.

AH: I agree we all listened to that stuff when thinking about this album, but I think a lot of songs are really trailblazing where hard rock is going. Listening to songs like American Scheme, Lie In, Red Dream, and Not The End, I just think 'wow I've never heard a song quite like this.'

From what I can tell, the song "King of the Jungle" is really important to what you're trying to say with this album. Could you explain what that song means to you and how you wrote it?

BB: Sure. On that song I think we wanted to be really wild and chaotic. Its a song that is against order but also about a higher power, God. So its about the collapse of man-made order in the face of God if that makes sense. And we wanted to make that sound really chaotic and scary.

MC: I really love that song. Its so fast and we just blasted the bass on it. In some ways its the rawest song on this album because it really comes out of nowhere and when Billie starts roaring like he is the lion I just lose my shit every time I hear it. In the studio when we heard him record that part we all just looked at each other like "fucking shit. That was insane"

VP: It was one of the last songs that we wrote and recorded after we really knew what kind of album we wanted to make. Billie and I kind of pulled some lyrics we had together and we both wrote it in the studio.

I think that it is one of the songs where Billie, you sound a hell of a lot like Kurt Cobain just yelling at the microphone. Was that intentional?

BB: I love Nirvana and I've listened to them since I was a kid, so that influence has always been part of me. I think this album is just genuinely more angry than most of our other albums. So that anger resulted in a lot of yelling, but I didn't go in to the studio thinking 'ok I want to yell just like Kurt does on "Scentless Apprentice"' or something like that, but you're right it has a Nirvana vibe. I definitely hear it.

What are your favorite Nirvana songs?

BB: oh shit thats a tough one. Ummmm first ones that come to mind are Rape Me, Pennyroyal Tea, Lithium, and Come as You Are... But there are so many

MC: I'll be the basic bitch and say Smells Like Teen Spirit. Haha

VP: Damnit Matt, you're hurting our street cred. I've always loved You Know You're Right

BB: Oh crap... That one too

You've covered Fleetwood Mac and The Beatles and Soundgarden. Would you ever cover Nirvana? I think people might love that.

VP: Maybe. We like to do covers, but we would have to find the right song. One we wont totally fuck up

RE: We did the Beatles and people seemed to like it... I think we could try a Nirvana song.

Lets move right along and talk about the next song "Red Dream" The lyrics in the chorus are "Come tie-dye me (I need you)/Come feed me your ink (and lie in me)/Come bleed on me I need to sink/Much deeper in to this red sleep" could you explain what these mean?

MC: I think its about becoming one with each other thats as a band and an audience. I do the backing vocals and I whisper "and lie in me" which references the title and as I said the title is about becoming one with the piece of music. So its about a transmission of feeling that happens at a concert.

BB: Matt is totally on point. We wrote this while really being on the high of our Rome World Tour last year and how a show can seem like a dream. I chose to describe it with the color red because I think red is a very expressive and symbolic color that says a lot about what punk rock is. And as the singer when I sing and hear thousands of people sing my lyrics back so me its amazing. So when I sing "feed me your ink" its about how I love to feel the emotion of the crowd being thrown at me and then how it lets me sink further in to this glorious dream.

Great, awesome insight. Its a really catchy song and the production is quite dense you've got huge bass and so many guitars. Was it challenging to record this song?

VP: There's a lot of dynamics in this one and it did take a good chunk of time. I think its one of my favorite songs to play just because of all the pedals I get to use and different ways I get to play my guitar in one song.

AH: Getting the master cut for this song was a challenge because there is so much going on, but we managed to get Billie's vocals to really shine and let a lot of the guitars sing. Parts are a bit muddy. A lot of this album had very minimal mixing and tweaking in post-production, but this song has a lot of tricks to make it sound as clear as it does.

It sounds like this is one of the songs you're most proud of. Will we see it as the next single?

RE: I dont think we've decided

BB: Yeah maybe, but we really dont know. We are talking with Studio 60 about what to do for the next single from this record.

Great. Well we are halfway there. We are going to take a break now but be sure to check back in later and we will talk more about the second half of "Lie In" and the future of Reported Failure.

Edited by user 06 May 2015 08:13:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 06/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 07/05/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 08/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 08/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#14 Posted : 06 May 2015 08:32:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
OOC: WOW, this verse makes to me a lot of sense "Can I love you / Like I used to / Back when we were just twenty-three / I'm a tired lover / But lets lie to each other", no doubt your lyrics are some of the best of the whole game, they really look like a real song and the rhymes are so well thought out. Anyways, "Tired lover" is my favorite, I'm glad you are back I really wish you could stick a little longer in the game although I know that sometimes we get bored by playing it too much, but you are really good with your RPs! :)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 06/05/2015(UTC)
#15 Posted : 07 May 2015 08:49:39(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
OOC: WOW, this verse makes to me a lot of sense "Can I love you / Like I used to / Back when we were just twenty-three / I'm a tired lover / But lets lie to each other", no doubt your lyrics are some of the best of the whole game, they really look like a real song and the rhymes are so well thought out. Anyways, "Tired lover" is my favorite, I'm glad you are back I really wish you could stick a little longer in the game although I know that sometimes we get bored by playing it too much, but you are really good with your RPs! :)

OOC: Thank you very much :) I've been inconsistent in the past with sticking around but I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon. Thanks again and for taking the time to always read my RPs.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 07/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#16 Posted : 08 May 2015 06:53:46(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: I love Matt and his basic bitchness, heheh. Ugh, this is a reason why you guys are my number one band, just as interesting and fascinating in person as you are on record. As if I wasn't already repeating "Hands" enough, you guys just dropped the best album of the year, how are any of us, the real basic bitches, supposed to compete? Not fair, guys, that's just down right EVIL. I'm more of a mellow ~chill~ kinda gal though, so I'm feeling "Over the Clouds and Beyond the Sea" as well as "Downpour", sooo beautifully written. I'll stop fangirling now if you agree to let me in the band, or ya know, just agree to adopt me. Either way's cool with me...

OOC: I think the lack of comments is cuz everyone's so intimidated by your greatness. Teach us your ways! Applause
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 08/05/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#17 Posted : 08 May 2015 10:30:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17929 time(s) in 10421 post(s)
erich: so after that album that plucks the hairs right from zeus' taint and that interview...who else has replaced their ham fists with actual hams? i know i did. times are tough,so i didnt use real ham.i used that denmarkian ham in a tin stuff.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 08/05/2015(UTC)
#18 Posted : 09 May 2015 14:18:24(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: I love Matt and his basic bitchness, heheh. Ugh, this is a reason why you guys are my number one band, just as interesting and fascinating in person as you are on record. As if I wasn't already repeating "Hands" enough, you guys just dropped the best album of the year, how are any of us, the real basic bitches, supposed to compete? Not fair, guys, that's just down right EVIL. I'm more of a mellow ~chill~ kinda gal though, so I'm feeling "Over the Clouds and Beyond the Sea" as well as "Downpour", sooo beautifully written. I'll stop fangirling now if you agree to let me in the band, or ya know, just agree to adopt me. Either way's cool with me...

OOC: I think the lack of comments is cuz everyone's so intimidated by your greatness. Teach us your ways! Applause

Matt: I love you too. Hahaha I mean thanks. I'm not looking for any kids right now or new band members but maybe we can hit you up next time we go on tour??

Robert: Bring on the fangirls... Haha. I'm glad you are digging the album so much.

OOC: Haha please don't be intimidated I just have an overactive imagination and am in love with my favorite bands. Thank you for replying :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich: so after that album that plucks the hairs right from zeus' taint and that interview...who else has replaced their ham fists with actual hams? i know i did. times are tough,so i didnt use real ham.i used that denmarkian ham in a tin stuff.

Matt: The fact that I have contributed to causing Erich Hess to say what he just said is a career highlight for me. Honestly livin' the dream right now. I hope you're doing ok, man

UserPostedImage