logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2015 01:24:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Stronger Than You Think”
Artist: “Jaymay”
Taken From: TBA (2016)
Release Date: November 30, 2015
Length: 5:29
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Genre: Rap, Hip-Hop
Label: Songs to Love and Die By
Recorded: November 2015 - Avatar Studios, Manhattan, New York City, New York
Written: September 2015
Writer(s): Jackson Miller
Producer(s): Jackson Miller, Christian Fallon, Cara Zayn

“Stronger Than You Think” is the title of the debut single from American rapper/hip-hop artist Jackson “Jaymay” Miller. The South Carolina based rapper recently signed to record label ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ after being spotted by Cara Zayn initially earlier in the summer of 2015, reportedly an offer had been on the table from the record label for a couple of months before the upcoming rap artist finally committed to the label to be the distributor of his music and help try to launch his music career. The track is set to appear on his untitled debut album which is expected to be launched in early 2016.
The song was written by Jaymay with production from both Christian Fallon and Cara Zayn, both of whom work at ‘Songs to Love and Die By’. It’s expected to be a major part of the promo for his debut album with a lot of expectation put on the track as the main focus of the hype for his debut album, however it doesn’t mark the first time that ‘Songs to Love and Die By’ have had a hand in launching the career of a rap musician despite being more predominantly rock/alternative oriented, they launched the career of popular female rapper ‘Miami’ and as well as that they have also been home to another hugely successful female rapper ‘Lotus’.

The entirety of the track was written solely by “Jaymay” and was written around September 2015 while at his home in South Carolina, he has recently debuted the song live at a local underground showcase night at a local club in his hometown which was attended by label exec Cara Zayn and Julian Morello, both of whom played a big part in signing him to their label. He initially signed his record contract in mid-November and has been working on some songs for his debut album, a number of which are already being recorded along with the completed debut single “Stronger Than You Think”. It’s expected that he’ll continue to work on recording his debut album right through to the early months of the new year and a release date will be expected to be announced before the end of the year.
In discussing the track, “Jaymay” described it as a pre-cursor for what you can expect from his album and his overall style, “I like to stick to the basics, I ain’t flashy or anythin’ like that, I write songs about whatever it is that I’m feeling in that moment. Some people that have heard some of my songs already or have seen me perform live will probably tell you that I’m angry or some shit like that, but that’s just the way that I write. I guess I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder and been told that I ain’t nothin’ special, I let people have their opinions and I put all that built up anger and frustrations in my songs, so yeah, I’m an angry f*cker and it comes out in my lyrics and my music.”

“Stronger Than You Think” is a song about a troubled and somewhat poisonous relationship, two people that just seem to bring out the worst in each other and the focus of the song is the ending of such a relationship and how determined the guy is to prove that he wasn’t the one that caused the failures of the relationship and eventually prove that he’ll be better off without being in such a volatile relationship. Throughout the song, “Jaymay” accepts that he played a part in the problems that were going on in the relationship, but points out that he was always the one that continually tried to fix things. The song sees him accept that they’ve finally reached their end and he is moving onto a mind-set where he believes that he’ll be better off without it in the long run, noting that his ex probably didn’t realize that he’d be strong enough to move on from her.

The track will mark the official debut of “Jaymay” under ‘Songs to Love and Die By’, recorded at Avatar Studios in Manhattan, New York in early November and produced by Christian Fallon and Cara Zayn, the track is set for release on 30 November, 2015 as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single and Weekly Airplay chart.

“Stronger Than You Think”

“I was always tryin’ to pick up the pieces
I know there were times when I was the cause of our problems
But more often than not, I’d try my best to solve em’
Thought we had what it takes
But even the strongest element can break
So you can just walk away
It’s what you do best
And I’ll fix those broken pieces that you left
If it’s gonna be like this much longer
Then I guess it’s time for me to start growing stronger

You left and walked away
Without a trace, without a seconds thought, bitch you didn’t even leave a fucking note
Now I’m standing here alone, looking at pictures on the wall
Wonderin’ how you could have been so cold
I’d have given my all for you
But you went and threw that all away
In a second of anger just cos’ you were having a shitty day?
What kinda fucked up behaviour do you call that
Yeah, it’s definitely over
We had some rough patches but nothin’ that couldn’t be fixed
I know I was the one throwing stones but you were the one throwing motherfucking bricks
And I’m always left picking up the pieces
But not this time
Bitch you crossed the line
I’mma move on past all this shit
I’m done with all your drama, I’m so over it
We all know how this story plays out, we’ve done this before
You’ll realize what you threw away, then you’ll come running back for more

But I ain’t gonna cave this time
It’s called moving on
You can call it being strong
Cos’ I’m on the brink
Yeah, I’m stronger than you think

I ain’t gonna cave this time
It’s called moving on
Cos’ I’m on the brink

We’ve all seen how this story plays out
You bitch and scream and shout
But god forbid I’m the one to raise my fucking voice
You walk around like you’re a god damned martyr, claiming I left you with no choice
But the choice was all yours from the start
You can point the blame at me
But you’re the one that started to tear us apart
And I tried my best to fix it
But you just fucking missed it
Making stories in your head that you thought were true
When the reality is that I was the one that was always fucking here for you
But you threw that all away
On the day
You walked away

It’s called moving on
Cos’ I’m on the brink

It’s called moving on
Cos’ I’m on the brink
Yeah, I’m stronger than you think”
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 01/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 01/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 02/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 14/12/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2015 07:02:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Anaísz: Mr. Jaymay, first of all that name is glorious. Secondly, this is actually really nice to listen to, I'm with it. I welcome you as a newcomer myself. I've never been in a poisonous relationship or anything but I can still resonate with some of the lyrics, which is why I love your song so much.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 06/12/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2015 18:03:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Anaísz: Mr. Jaymay, first of all that name is glorious. Secondly, this is actually really nice to listen to, I'm with it. I welcome you as a newcomer myself. I've never been in a poisonous relationship or anything but I can still resonate with some of the lyrics, which is why I love your song so much.

Jaymay: Ya, anything's better than Jackson Miller! You're new to this too? That's good, let's take over! I appreciate that you can still relate to the lyrics without dealing with that sort of thing personally, thank you!