logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2016 03:29:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Welcome to the show, you’ve been in the music industry for around four years now, how would you describe your journey so far, it’s definitely been eventful?
Hi Cara! Thank you...I've been excited all week to be hear. It's crazy how it's been four years already, in September it'll be five years since I've Starfactory and over these four and a half years I've been on a serious rollercoaster. We all know how that is right? But I wouldn't trade it in for anything! It's really just made me a stronger person and I could sit here and say that I've still got the ambition I have from the all these years later. Definitely eventful though! *laughs*

Since debuting with ‘Lashes’ back on StarFactory, it’s definitely been up and down for you since then. Would it be fair to say that things haven’t quite taken off as much as you’d have maybe expected when you began?
In terms of what? My personal life? Well we all have ups and downs and sometimes expectations aren't always met. I won't lie, before I really got into this industry I had this 'black and white' perception of what being famous would be like and that it would only be about the glitz and glamour. I went into everything so blindly and definitely during and especially after the breakup of Lashes, I learned so much about fame and what it can do to other people, and even yourself. That didn't stop me however, it was just a brick in the road so to say.... But looking here today on this show, I can't complain Cara, not at all. I've had hits with people like mister_b and even carved out my own solo singles that have done very well. I mean for god sakes I just performed at the GOLDIES a few weeks ago. So when you say "quite taken off"... I actually believe I exceeded my own expectations and will continue to do so as I get ready to release my album later this year. Not too shabby huh?

Your former bandmate Mercedes Gomez signed a contract with Just Record Records recently, what are your thoughts on that?
Best of luck to her! I didn't know there was a such thing as Just Record Records but I do wish her the best with her career. Uhm....*smiles*

If you could begin again in the music industry, would you prefer to do it without the girls by your side or do you think you needed that to help you to find your feet?
I came in here with them and I won't ever forget the experiences we shared prior to the whole fame thing, but looking back it definitely helped me find my feet. Being in the group, and being on TV every week performing and singing, taught me soooo much and a lot of what I know now came from being with them. People have their opinions and their sides of the story but I couldn't sit here and say I would prefer to do it without them. I would be lying. BUT if it was four years ago and I knew what I know now, and knew all that was going to happen, I probably would have wanted to do it on my own to avoid a lot of the ruined relationships that came out of this. I know sh*t happens but you look back and say "was it really worth it?", so yeah, it's 50/50 for me. Part of me says yes, and the other part of me says no.

So let’s talk about your time on StarFactory, how would you rate your experience on that show?
Grueling but I'd give it a high score because it taught me to have the hunger and ambition. We wanted to be the best that we could be, every week. We didn't want to get eliminated. We wanted to win that sh*t! We weren't what they were "looking for" since they went with someone else but it was definitely an EXPERIENCE.

It’s known that you actually met James Urie while on the show and the pair of you had a rather intimate relationship. Later getting married, of course things didn’t quite work out as we’re all aware. Do you still keep in touch?
No. I mean, I wish him all the best. There's no hate, at least not on my end. I know him and his um...um..I don't even know what to call it but whatever she is....doesn't like me nor do I care.

And what about your love life currently, is there a man in your life at the moment?
I've done some dating here and there but I haven't yet found a man that I find to be worthy enough to be long term with. Plus I'm super busy, and always traveling and believe it or not a lot of men who aren't used to that lifestyle get intimidated by that. And on the other hand everyone in the industry is a bit wacky from what I've seen so I don't know if I'd be up for dating another well known celebrity. It's too much media attention driving in on your relationship and if you can't handle it, the relationship will crash. So I'm taking some time to really find someone who I can trust enough to take those steps with and stay stable. He just hasn't come yet! *giggles*

You released your EP titled, ‘Precious’ in December, it was rather long awaited. But does this mean that fans can expect you to begin releasing music on a more consistent basis?
Yes! Precious! Releasing that was absolutely amazing. Releasing that collection of music for the fans who were waiting was so uplifting for me, and the reception it got was even more uplifting. I got to enter the studio with people I dreamed of working with... Max Martin, mister_b, The Invisible Men...did a song with Miami, who I loooove and I even got in the studio with you which was interesting. I'm working on my album now but we are releasing Neon Signs from the EP to radio today! I'm shooting the video for the single too. The concept my team and I came up with is really freaking cool.

It was recently announced that you’re about to have your own reality series on E!, what can we expect from that show when it airs on April 27th?
I was actually approached a while ago about a docu series and I thinking long and hard about whether or not I wanted to do it. When I finally decided that I did want to do it, I wanted to make sure it was done right, and that's its authentic. You see a lot of shows today and it's completely and utterly scripted and just a whole bunch of messy. The thing with my show is that I'm truly giving people a look into my every day life, my wacky family, my work environment and so much more. Even though I've been in this business for quite a while, I feel that people truly don't know me and their perception of me are based solely off of the tabloids and social media. I took the big chance in wanted to be able to show people who I am not only in the lights but behind closed doors too. I want people to get to know me as a not only as a musician and business woman but also truly as a person, as a daughter, and a sister. What you can aspect is authenticity and some really funny moments and even some moments of intenseness! There's some cameos that I can't tell you about since you have to watch but it will definitely be an exciting show to catch on your Sunday nights. Have to thank Lionsgate and Kelsea Grammer, Stella Bulochnikov, Brian Sher, Larissa Matsson, and Russell Jay for helping everything come to fruition. Can't wait for the show premiere hehe

And away from the TV side of things, what can you tell us about your album in the works?
I've been writing and writing for this new album and really don't want to tell you too much since I doooo actually show a preview of the new sounds that I'm putting together for the new album on IAM but what I can tell you is that it's going to be f*cking smashing. I want this to be done right and I'm taking my time, but I believe it'll be done by the fourth quarter of this year if I feel it's up to par. I won't just release anything, it needs to be right and everything is working smoothly right now. I think it's better than a lot of the nonsense that's been coming out.

It’s no secret that you get a lot of heat from critics, social media and even some of your fellow musicians, what do you make of the criticism that you receive. Do you consider it justified?
I think I'm an easy target, and plus I'm outspoken. I don't kiss ass. In this industry if you don't go around brown nosing people, they get salty. I get a lot of the criticism, don't really care for it much. When it gets down to it people understand that I'm really here to release music and be me. I won't change for anyone so it's not justified at all, Cara. They all can just kiss my British bum! *laughs*

Alright, here’s the fun part. You ready for some quick questions?
Lets do it!

If there’s one artists achievements currently in the music industry, that you hope to aspire to achieve, who would that artist be and why?
I absolutely love Vanity. That's who I am going with. Opened for her on tour on her last tour. Sooo much fun talking to her She is the epitome of a true popstar with the staying power. Props.

If you could pick one person to collaborate with for your debut album, who would you choose?
Ummmmm.....those people will appear on the album, how about we leave it right there. *winks*

Who do you considered to be the most underrated in the business at the moment?
Me.

There’s a lot of hot guys out there at the moment, if you could choose to have one crazy rampant night with, who would you choose?
Erich Hess! Mostly just to piss off Erica hehehehe, and he looks pretty good. Why not?...

If you could change one thing about your career what would you change?
I would speed up the release of Precious. I feel a bit bad that my fans waited for it for so long. That's really it though. I find that everything else has been really steady for me, I don't wish to change much. I've been really content.

And finally, this is your open floor to say anything you want to your critics, what do you have to say to them?
Eh, don't really care to say anything to the critics. I'll make the music and be the way that I want to be whether or not they like it. I'd much rather say something to my fans and that'd be I LOVE YOU. I see the support, I see the dedication and it's so greatly appreciated. And before I go I want to announce to them that I WILL be going on my headlining tour this summer, want to tell that them that first right here! Can't wait to see your faces. *muahhhh*
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 16/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 16/04/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/04/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 16/04/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 16/04/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 16/04/2016(UTC)