logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 April 2016 02:58:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Good evening Chaelin, it’s been a little while since we last spoke. How have things been going since your departure from ‘Songs to Love and Die By’?

"Hello and Thank You for having me on the show! ...Things have been going pretty good, of course the girls and I are a little sad that our time with Songs was very short, we wish we could have been there a little longer. However we did enjoy the small stay and we all hope we can comeback to the amazing team that managed us and lead us to the right direction while we were there. Also, a couple of personal things have happened to me recently, such as my signing to pesky and my upcoming magazine interviews. So life has kept us busy after Songs, a little too busy, but nothing too much all of us can't bare." *laughs*

It seems like everything happened really quickly for C.M.B.D, when you girls all started the group did you ever expect things to happen as quickly as things did?

"I didn't even think our name would be known that fast around the world, but the internet spreads news quickly and it got around very quick, too quick... The girls and I were prepared to take on the world in baby steps, but to be on the spot that fast and start being recognized by many people came very unexpected to all of us, even to the label back in Japan. While we were rising so quickly in popularity we thought we were still some unknown rookie band from Korea. So we had to mentally prepare ourselves to what was expected to come from the rise in popularity. However we didn't expect the hard media attention in the beginning at all. It was something that happens so quick that we didn't even get a chance to sit back and think on it, we were automatically told to react, and to react well. It's one of those moments I wish I could replay over and over and not miss so much things I didn't catch while living the moment so quickly, I think that's how we feel about it."

And what would you say you’ve learnt the most about the industry within your first year?

"I learned that the media/industry can switch anything around without having proper proof. The industry can also be very dark and even biased to some celebrities. If you're not Isabel, Weekend or Vanity then it can be really hard to get your opinion or even music heard to many people in the industry. People only care about the name, if the name is known and the music is bad, it's still a win, but if the name is unknown and the music is good then it's an automatic lose for everyone with no questions or doubts about it. Of course no shade to any of the artist I named, they all have quality music, I was just referencing their well known name since they're a household name everywhere, which they all respectfully earned and deserved. Of course their are some people I didn't name since they fall into the negative category. However the music industry has some positive qualities about it, but those qualities have to found."

You’ve always been highlighted and garnered a little more attention than your bandmates, has that been intentional or do you feel like it just happened naturally?

"I feel like it happened naturally, but I also things it depends on what region of the world we are in. Sine the other girls are way more popular and highlighted than me in other parts of the word. Which I don't mind since everyone has their likes and dislikes. I feel like we are all individually highlighted and favoured in some region of the world, but I don't think I'm the most favored in all honesty."

I know from working with you girls that you all have your abilities, I’ve made it no secret that I adore Daraxi. With your first releases you girls released solo songs to show your individual styles a little, do you think the group will go on for a long time, or will it be a couple of years and then you’ll all go your separate ways?

"A couple of years then we will go solo, I don't believe in people having or doing one job for the rest of their life. So I feel like telling fans now that we are going to be doing our own things is healthy. No one should be forced to do something they no longer feel passion for doing. I feel like people do lose passion in their job if they don't at least try something new once in a while."

I’ve always been a fan of J-pop and K-pop, anime and Asian culture in general. I think it’s been great to see that style of music becoming more and more popular these days. What do you think about the current influx of Asian musicians coming to the fore of the music industry?

"I'm actually really happy that the Asian culture is beginning to spread around the world. It helps many Asian's feel proud from where they came from and I think it kills many stereotypes that people have believed in the past. I fully support it and wish more people get into it and start to admire and love the Asian culture. I think it's something that everyone can get into and its not intimidating at all, which helps promote and spread it more to the youth of the world. So I encourage anyone to go and try something different because you might be surprised on what you are missing out on."

So you’ve had a short while in the industry to see it’s good and bad points. What do you make of the aura surrounding fame and celebrity in the United States?

"Very cult following like. *laughs* I feel like the American media reports on too many celebrity doings than on actual important news. So I feel like many American celebrities feel the need to hide themselves because they are being followed 24/7 on the smallest things they do. I think is very amped up, but it gives it originality because no other Industry in the world is like it. So I really like the aura of it."

Like I’ve said before, your star has seemingly shone brightest away from the group. There has been many rumours about you becoming a solo artist in the very near future. Do you have any immediate plans to go solo?

"I always wanted to go solo, so those aren't really rumors. I even told my label that the first album I ever recorded had to be for me and it had to be in English. They all laughed at me and told me it was very unlikely for it to go down that way, but now it seems it is going to go down that way. For immediate plans... not this month I'll tell you that, but things have been moving pretty quickly lately."

What is the ultimate goal for you in the music industry?

"To make a mark in the industry and make as much quality music my vocal chords can make."

Alright, time for some quick questions. Are you ready to go?

"Yes, I'm so ready for this!!

First off, I interviewed the boys from Weekend a few weeks ago and posed an interesting question about who’s girlfriend they would go wild with for one crazy night. Billy said that you would be his choice. My question for you, is which member of Weekend would you have a wild crazy night with? But you can’t choose Riley

"It would have to be Billy too... I feel like he already knows me well and he did get some of those quality's right. And the fact that I saw him naked makes it a little less awkward. He's really the only one out of of the three members that I met to see naked in any sort of way or form.. So it would have to be Billy boy..." *laughs*

Who is your least favourite artist or group in the music industry right now?

"Hmmm...it would have to be...I don't know her name, but she was on CBB recently...and no it's not Medina or Mercedes." *Shrugs*

If you had to remove one person from your group, who would you choose and why?

"It would have to be Daraxi because she slays on her own. I feel like she would have a better chance of being successful since she has all the great traits of a pop star. So my girl Daraxi would have to be it."

If you could collaborate with anyone in the industry, who would you choose to work with?

"Billy, Lotus or Mercedes for sure. All great artist and I love their personality. I feel like the music we would make would be out of this world and would also surprise many people. I would want to see their process in the studio and see how they brain storm great lyrics. Mainly just to vibe with them and to get to know them personally and get their Intel on what they think good music is."

The guys from Weekend and their partners have often had controversy, things leaked and the such. My question is and I’m pretty a lot of people want to see this, but when will we get to a Chaelin and Riley sex tape?

"Oh my god! Ummm...soon if I get to his house on time." *winks*

And finally, if you could give the pre-fame Chaelin some advice, what would you say to her?

"To follow her dream and continue with her head up high. I would also tell her not to judge herself too much and to strive to improve herself everyday and to learn from her mistakes." *smiles*
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 23/04/2016(UTC), erich hess on 23/04/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/04/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/04/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/04/2016(UTC)