logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2016 03:08:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8551 time(s) in 2683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Welcome to the show Johnny, it’s certainly been a whirlwind year for you so far. Since debuting almost exactly a year ago today with “Deadly Love”, how would you describe your journey in the music industry so far?

Hey Cara and thank you so much for having me here! Well it's been a crazy year, everything went by so fast. Sometimes I feel like all this is not true, like I'm dreaming. My debut Deadly Love was a great start for my career. It peaked really high on the charts and with Kidd Amaze's help we created an even most successful remix. My debut was a defining moment for my career. That summer I collaborated with Medina and I was on the Evangelion Soundtrack. And here I am now ready to release my first studio album. So it was a magical trip so far.

I know for a lot of people it can take many years and for others it can be a very rapid rise. Are you surprised at how quickly you’ve become a household name?

To be honest I am. When I released my first song I didn't expect anything huge and when it became platinum and reached top 5 both the original and the remix I was completely surprised. I wanna say that I'm really thankful for everything I have and I'm working as hard as I can to give the best music to my fans.

When you look at the amount of sales your songs have amassed in downloads, I think the figure is over seven million and that’s not including your latest single which looks set to be your most successful. Does that not just blow your mind?

Yeah it's over seven and a half million and it just seems so unreal! Every single except the last one is at least platinum in America. It blows my mind because it means that people like my music and that's all I want, people to relate to my music and have fun. I hope my latest single will be my most successful because it is my most personal.

At just 18 years of age, it seems like you’ve already accomplished a lot in such a small space of time. I get the feeling that you’re ambitious, so what are your plans for your career?

I have so many things I still wanna accomplish. I wanna believe that I am ambitious and I think that it's important to have dreams and aspirations in life. Many fellow singers have been trying acting lately.. that's something I haven't even thought about. I wanna achieve more as a performer, like a headlining tour, a #1 album and keep releasing music that inspires and connects people but most importantly I like and feel good about.

How important is the fame to you?

I don't wanna lie to you... I don't depend on fame but I can't say that I don't care at all. Art is more important than fame but without fame you can't get your music out there easily. Let's leave it there.

Your most recent single “Come Out” was essentially your coming out song to the industry, it was praised heavily and even became your first number one single. That must have been a humbling feeling, how did you celebrate the news?

Yes, it was a great moment for me as a person and as an artist. Until the last second I was anxious about it but when it was released I felt relieved. Everyone was so supportive and we all together started a conversation. The other day Matheo came out and he said to me one of the things that helped him was my song. That's exactly what I wanted, to make people feel good about themselves, not be afraid for something that it's not that important and no one else's business. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to celebrate yet because I'm too busy.

It’s already been confirmed that you’re working on your debut album, when can your fans expect that debut album to drop?

Not sure yet. We don't have a release date. I hope that it will be released in May. I'm sure y'all love it and it'll drop alongside a new single.

A lot of breakthrough artists have success rapidly but quickly fade away into obscurity. Are you worried about that possibility or do you believe you’ll be here to stay?

I believe that I'm here to stay. I have a feeling and I actually know that I have a lot to offer. I don't know if it will be chart success or just critical success but I ain't going nowhere. I don't wanna sound cocky but that's how I feel.

I know your fans are super passionate about you and they’ve been dying to know when you’re gonna be going on tour?

I'm actually touring right now with Kidd Amaze. It's called Welcome to the Show Tour and it just started with the North American Leg, our next stop is Baltimore! Buy tickets y'all to see me with Kidd Amaze, Kara Romero and others performing a great show for y'all. As for a headlining tour I haven't any plans yet.. Maybe after my next album.

Time for some quick questions, hope you’re ready.

Woo I'm ready! Let's go

What separates you from Alec Cole, Lincoln and Austin Nimmo?

First of all I have to say that I admire Alec and we've worked together, Lincoln is a really cool guy and I don't know Austin personally but he's a talented guy. Now let's say that everyone is dedicated to his art. Every artist is different. The way you express yourself through your lyrics, your music, your videos. I wanna express my feelings, inspire, give hope and strength to people, support equality and also have fun.

I feel like there’s a group of new artists that came around at a similar time, with the likes of C.M.B.D, Alec Cole and Aliya Rose. What do you think of your contemporaries and do you consider yourself above them?

Well I haven't really heard many things from C.M.B.D. but generally I hear good stuff about them. I love Alec's music and personality, same with Aliya! I don't consider myself above any of them.. especially Alec Cole. He's an artist and a businessman he is a great example for our generation and we should learn from him. Hard work pays off.

You’ve already worked with Kidd Amaze, but if you could work with anyone in the industry, who would it be?

I'd really want to work with Kidd Amaze again, I have so much respect for him as an artist, a person and a boss. I would also like to work with Deneil and Kato, they're both extremely hot and I admire their work.

Who in the industry could turn you straight?

It's weird that with this question men came to my mind. Let me think. Probably Ellidih, she's so cute and beautiful, Cosma.. I'm gay but that girl is just fire and the woman of every man's dreams Ezra!

If you could form a supergroup with anyone in the industry, who would you choose to be in your group?

Hmm I want so many people but I will keep it short. I will start with Aaron, he's handsome and his song was pretty good, Kato because he is a hot legend. Probably Deneil.. we have to have a rapper in the group and finally Cosma because I need a girl to help me deal with all these hotties. I would say every guy I find hot but you would have a bad impression about me haha. Even if they couldn't sing we could be like Destiny's Child.

And finally if you had one thing to say to yourself before you started in the industry what would you say?

I would say to be myself from the beginning, do whatever makes me happy because life is too short. There will always be troubles, ups and downs but with hard work, focus, positivity and love you will always find your way. The industry is tough but you're tougher.
thanks 10 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 30/04/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/04/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/04/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/04/2016(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 30/04/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 30/04/2016(UTC), mebeme101 on 30/04/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 30/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 30/04/2016(UTC)