logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 28 December 2016 02:12:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Humans Without Humanity”
Artist: Alicia Lena
From: TBA (2017), “The New Heroes: Official Motion Picture Soundtrack” (2017)
Release Date: December 27, 2016
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, Weekly Airplay, Spotify, Apple Music
Recorded: Avatar Studios, New York City, New York, USA
Genre: Pop, Soul, Blues
Length: 3:48
Label: FREEDOM
Written: September 2016
Writer: Alicia Lena
Producer: Alicia Lena, Nevaeh Martinez

“Humans Without Humanity” is the title of a highly anticipated song from American RnB and Pop musician 'Alicia Lena'. It's set to be released in anticipation for her long awaited fourth studio album. It will be the first album of new material from the popular musician since her 2012 effort “Reign Over Me” and years of absence from the music and entertainment industry as a whole after feeling jaded and uninspired following a hugely successful two years which saw her become one of the biggest names in the music world. The release of this brand new single follows her comeback single “Try Again” which was released back in 2015. However, studio delays and writers block stopped Alicia from moving full steam ahead with her new album following that single in 2015 but it does appear that 2017 could finally see her fourth album come to fruition, at least in the hope of all of her fans that have been patiently waiting since 2012.

In a recent conversation set to be televised early in the new year, Alicia discussed the delays in her work, “It's frustrating, one of the most difficult things to come to terms with. But I think it's important to put out songs and albums that you truly believe in. These delays don't mean that I haven't been writing since my last record, I've written so many songs over those years but I didn't feel strongly towards a vast majority of the songs that I had written. I've always believed that as a musician you have an opportunity to add your voice to a vast landscape that stretches over so many years and I think you have a responsibility to give your very best and write and sing and perform songs that mean something and say something that is true to yourself because that is how you create a relationship with your audience. If they can see and feel your honesty and feel a connection to what you're creating then you're essentially bottling lightning. When an audience erupts at the opening notes to a song, it's a beautiful feeling and I don't to put out anything that I feel doesn't provide that to my audience.”

The song begins with a soft piano introduction, instantly setting the tone for the songs theme and emotional output, rapidly making the song become clear that it’s an Alicia Lena track with a trademark sound and sombre mood which continues throughout. Following the opening piano introduction, Alicia delivers the opening verse with a softness and a melancholic tone that the words demand as she rings out the words, “There’s a sky of darkness cast over the world tonight/And everything seems without light/Cities in chaos and lives have been broken/It’s hard to find faith and yet we still keep on hoping.” Creates a certain image that is not only in keeping with the tone of the movie but also could directly relate to what’s going on in the world right now. From countries in war to the current political situation in the United States. Making it likely that we could see this also included in Alicia’s next studio record or as a potential single.

She carries on and as the song progresses as does the power and tone of the song, she bellows out the pre-chorus in her trademark vocal dominance, “All around the world/We shall bow our heads and pray/Shed a tear for the fallen/Hope that this hate will end some day/All around the world/We shall bow our heads and pray/Shed a tear for the fallen/Hope that this hate will end some day.” Which leads perfectly into the chorus as she questions the choices that some people make, “Never underestimate how terrible some people can be/It’s a small minority/But they are humans without humanity/We may not have answers/But this is not how it’s meant to be/Never underestimate how terrible some people can be/It’s a small minority/But they are humans without humanity.” Which highlights the song perfectly.

Lyrics;

“There’s a sky of darkness cast over the world tonight
And everything seems without light
Cities in chaos and lives have been broken
It’s hard to find faith and yet we still keep on hoping
Hoping someday that this darkness ends
Hoping that we can just be friends
Hoping that the killing will someday stop
And maybe they’ll realize the gift in this life that we’ve got

All around the world
We shall bow our heads and pray
Shed a tear for the fallen
Hope that this hate will end some day
All around the world
We shall bow our heads and pray
Shed a tear for the fallen
Hope that this hate will end some day

Never underestimate how terrible some people can be
It’s a small minority
But they are humans without humanity
We may not have answers
But this is not how it’s meant to be
It’s a small minority
We may not have answers

All we want is a civil world
Where our children can walk the streets freely
Without fear of being taken away
From the ones that love them so very dearly
And yet here we are
There’s chaos all around us
And pain and suffering
But one thing history has proven to us
Is that we can find a way to win

It’s a small minority
We may not have answers
It’s a small minority
We may not have answers
But this is not how it’s meant to be”
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 28/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 28/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 30/12/2016(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 28 December 2016 02:30:41(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erica: this song is too good to be on a soundtrack. I don't want to hear "show me the money" or some bullshit while this is playing.

Nina: aren't you in this movie,love?

Erica: oh! I mean YES! This totally should be on the soundtrack.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/12/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 28 December 2016 03:30:01(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: God! These Vocals! Honestly, I'm always snatched listening to your music. It's always a new experience. This Track once again showcases why you are so important in this industry.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 28/12/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 30 December 2016 18:12:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: this song is too good to be on a soundtrack. I don't want to hear "show me the money" or some bullshit while this is playing.

Nina: aren't you in this movie,love?

Erica: oh! I mean YES! This totally should be on the soundtrack.

Alicia: Don't worry, the song was actually written for my album. It was just an added bonus to have it also appear on the movie soundtrack. But hey, you're gonna be in the movie, so already the song has become even bigger just by association :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 30 December 2016 18:13:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: God! These Vocals! Honestly, I'm always snatched listening to your music. It's always a new experience. This Track once again showcases why you are so important in this industry.

Alicia: Aww thanks Aliya. It's been a little bit of a slow-burner, but hopefully there's a lot more to come in the new year! :)