logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 14 October 2018 19:36:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Young Love”
Artist: Savannah Haim
Album: TBA (2019)
Release Date: October 14, 2018
Length: 4:36
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single
Recorded: Blackbird Studios, Nashville, Tennessee - September 2018
Genre: Country
Label: Southbound Records
Writer(s): Savannah Haim
Producer(s): Brandon Caulfield, Savannah Haim

“Young Love” is a song written and recorded by American singer-songwriter 'Savannah Haim'. It marks the first official release from the artist after many years in the music industry as a backing singer and session musician. It comes hot on the heels of her signing to Southbound Records by Brandon Caulfield back in early September. The song is one Savannah had written a couple of years ago and it was recorded at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, Tennessee in September 2018 with Brandon Caulfield serving as a producer for the song. It's taken from her debut album which is expected to be released at some point in 2019.

Beginning with a pedal steel guitar opening, it immediately gives the song a traditional feel which gives off a sense of emotion to the song from the opening notes. It feels a little eerie and nostalgic as Savannah begins singing with a strong southern accent, “Running through the backstreets/Climbing all the best trees, we'd sit and talk for hours/Hiding in the cornfields/Grazes on our young knees/Pickin' all the flowers.” She sings with a warmth and it immediately feels comfortable, almost like a parent telling their children about their first love. It brings to mind some of the storytelling tropes of classic country music of days gone by and as we reach the second verse we're introduced to the addition of an acoustic guitar which takes over from the pedal steel from the opening verse, Savannah goes once again, “Kisses underneath the bridge/That's where all those young lovers hid/Rush of blood to the head/Pleasures of the fleshes/We were just so reckless/Didn't care if we were caught.” and it becomes such a clear picture that Savannah has painted of a carefree youth that she perhaps misses dearly.

As we arrive to the chorus, the acoustic guitar becomes more prominent and the chord changes beautiful and tinged with emotion as she sings of a nostalgia and possibly a longing for a better time, “This young love was ours/It was just you and me, it was yours and mine/Everything we did/I'd still do it a thousand more times/For that rush of young love.” is delivered with a tenderness and that strong southern vocal that began the song has become a little softer and even more captivating, it's an emotional story being told, one perhaps without a happy ending. She continues, “They said we had a sickness/Always in each others arms and minds/But they never felt a love like this/If only they could feel the way that we did all of the time.” offers the possibility that not everybody agreed with the relationship and that it was very much the pair of them against the world, adding another layer to the song.

It then becomes clear that the pair were even forced to hide their affections for one another, “Sneaking out the backdoor/Late night drives to the old moor/Nobody knew a thing/Laying on the rooftop, you could hear a pin drop/More than just a summer fling/We had fallen in love/Watching all the stars above/Soft touches and cool summer air.” We're then given the chorus twice more before the song comes to it's end. As a debut it showcases the vocal ability of Savannah Haim and shows us the sort of music we can expect from her, as a singer and as a songwriter. From this first introduction it appears that this could be an artist with longevity if she has plenty more stories to tell. My prediction is that she'll find a loyal fanbase and continue to do well throughout the years, I don't know if we can see her being a huge mainstream success for a long period of time, but I could certainly see her having her occasional dalliances with the top of the charts. She'll find her place in the heart of a strong fanbase I'm sure however.

“Young Love”

“Running through the backstreets
Climbing all the best trees, we'd sit and talk for hours
Hiding in the cornfields
Grazes on our young knees
Pickin' all the flowers

Kisses underneath the bridge
That's where all those young lovers hid
Rush of blood to the head
Pleasures of the fleshes
We were just so reckless
Didn't care if we were caught

This young love was ours
It was just you and me, it was yours and mine
Everything we did
I'd still do it a thousand more times
For that rush of young love

They said we had a sickness
Always in each others arms and minds
But they never felt a love like this
If only they could feel the way that we did all of the time

Sneaking out the backdoor
Late night drives to the old moor
Nobody knew a thing
Laying on the rooftop, you could hear a pin drop
More than just a summer fling
We had fallen in love
Watching all the stars above
Soft touches and the cool summer air

This young love was ours
Everything we did
For that rush of young love

This young love was ours
Everything we did
For that rush of young love”

Personnel;

Savannah Haim – vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Avery Wyatt – pedal steel guitar, backing vocals
Flynn McCarthy – acoustic guitar
Brandon Caulfield – production

Sounds Like;

“We Were Cool” by Lori McKenna

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/10/2018(UTC), erich hess on 14/10/2018(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/10/2018(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/10/2018(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 15/10/2018(UTC), Welat65 on 15/10/2018(UTC), FiveT on 11/11/2018(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 15 October 2018 02:17:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17908 time(s) in 10404 post(s)
Erich:well,my young love would eventually be known to the world as erica hess. sheesh,that was like another life entirely.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/10/2018(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 15 October 2018 22:39:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich:well,my young love would eventually be known to the world as erica hess. sheesh,that was like another life entirely.

Savannah: I'll bet there's some wonderful stories to tell from that period, Mr. Hess. I can only begin to imagine.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
erich hess on 16/10/2018(UTC)