logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2019 10:26:40(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Weekend
Title: Welcome to the Real World
Genre(s): Pop, Rock, Electropop, Synthpop
Length: 46:02
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes, O.Ward, S.Wellington
Producers: Dustyn Blue-Conners, Riley Hamilton, Billy Holmes, Andrew Watt, LosOscuros, Cutfather, Freedo
Executive Producers: Weekend
Format(s): CD, LP, Digital Download, Streaming, Cassette
Label: Five Pesky Kids
Singles Released: Victory [#1], Our Song [#1], Be A Man [#1], Hard [#1]

Welcome to the Real World is the third studio album from Australian-British-Irish, Weekend. Including the repackaging of their debut album, this serves as the group's fourth full-length release. The record was written entirely by the members of the band themselves; Dustyn Blue-Conners, Riley Hamilton, Billy Holmes, Oscar Ward and Scott Wellington, marking their first effort without any additional songwriters. Long-term partners and production duo, LosOscuros worked with the band yet again, while Cutfather, Freedo and Andrew Watt entered the fold for the first time. Blue-Conners, Hamilton and Holmes also produced tracks on the record. The entire project was executive produced by Weekend. "Welcome to the Real World" will be released through their own label, Five Pesky Kids, and has been described as having a "rawer" and "more introspective" take in comparison to their previous efforts. The album was preceded by the release of the singles, "Victory", "Our Song" and "Be A Man".

Background & Development

Weekend released their second studio album, "About Time", on July 5th 2015 and would then embark on their second world tour, the Here We Go Again tour from November 2015 to August 2016. During that time, the band continued to write and record new music. None of it was specifically for their third record but just as a means to keep ideas and creativity flowing. During the same time period, personal lives of band members had changed drastically too. Riley Hamilton began dating CMBD member Chaelin Hue, Billy married The Stat Nerds member Jerry Holmes and legally changed his surname and Scott Wellington became a father. The band made a conscious decision to walk away from writing and recording duties after the tour had wrapped up to allow each other to focus on personal matters. All previously written and recorded songs were discarded.

Production of the album officially commenced in late 2017 with the members regrouping to write and record new material. Member Scott Wellington stated that the new music was "ballsy" and dubbed it "next level Weekend". Multiple songs were registered to ASCAP with Weekend listed as the performers in early 2018, leading fans to wrongly assume that a summer release was on the cards. Nothing materialised. In July 2018, Billy Holmes tweeted "back to the drawing board", alluding to the scrapping of previously recorded material, which proved to be true. In October 2018, Holmes played a 15 second snippet of new Weekend music on his Instagram story accompanied by the caption "SOON". This was later confirmed to be a preview of the track, "Touch & Go", which makes an appearance on the final track list.

Before the release of the lead single, Dustyn married long-term lover and ex-Juneau member Dallas Conners. The pair tied the knot in November 2018, a month before the band returned with "Victory". The album was due for release in early 2019 but Blue-Conners asked if the project could be delayed as he feared that the intense promotional schedule would interfere with his new marriage.

On June 20th 2019, Weekend revealed the title of the album via Twitter. On the same platform, the band slowly began to reveal the artwork for the record on June 27th, showing it piece by piece before completing the artwork at midnight on June 28th. The cover is noted for its "brash" and "shocking" design, moving away from the more conservative and understated artwork the band previously opted for. The artwork features the members shirtless with body paint and make-up effects applied to them, set against a "purposely garish" collage of "bad renders" of sinister images. Some controversy arose regarding the depiction of a condom wrapper and occult references on the cover. The album was made available to pre-order on October 6th 2019.

Writing & Recording

In a summer 2018 interview, Riley Hamilton stated that the group were sitting on "well over 60 songs" for the project and that they were aiming to choose between 12 and 15 songs for the album. Many of these songs were registered to ASCAP around the same time but were ultimately scrapped. Later that year, Weekend set out on a new approach for the conception of the album which involved cutting off outside help. The group made a conscious decision to make their third album a far more introspective and truthful record, tapping into subjects that only the five of them have experienced together. This marks the first time that the band have not written with Sara Hollywood - a writer signed to Five Pesky Kids, who Weekend often cite as "the hidden sixth member" on account of her songwriting input since the first album.

Blue-Conners, Hamilton, Holmes, Ward and Wellington all wrote numerous songs for inclusion. The band wrote together, in small groups and on their own which resulted in a wide array of songs to choose from. Since its inception, Weekend knew that this third album was to be an 80's rock-pop styled affair, expanding from the sounds they played with on the previous album. Oscar Ward stated that the sound "compliments the lyrics beautifully" and that the "eclectic mix of soaring anthems, catchy hooks, tearjerker ballads and jaunty pop tunes all come together to tell our story so far".

Dustyn Blue-Conners, like on previous albums, has a writing credit on every song included. He also wrote three tracks alone. Riley Hamilton is second with six tracks co-penned. Scott Wellington has five writing credits to his name while Billy Holmes and Oscar Ward have four, respectively.

Critics have noted the vocal development of Billy Holmes and Riley Hamilton, praising their growth and spike in confidence over the years, becoming as forceful and dominant as Oscar Ward and Dustyn Blue-Conners on the records. Scott Wellington, however, revealed that his confidence has "taken a knock" over the constant criticism of his vocal abilities therefore, he has willingly asked for minimum solo airtime on this album

Music

"Welcome to the Real World", Weekend's first album in four years, contains 12 tracks and will have no region specific bonus tracks. All 12 songs will be released worldwide as standard with no deluxe variant of the album being available. The album is a mix of upbeat, mid-tempo and ballad tracks, with an overall 80's rock-pop inspired vibe encompassing the album. Their second studio release, "About Time", saw the band tap into a 70's and 80's influenced stadium rock sound which in turn inspired the retro sounds of this upcoming set too. The group opted to focus on a more pop oriented "throwback" sound this time around as opposed to the rockier tones of their previous release.

The themes explored on this album have been described as "darker" and "far more honest" than anything the group had written before. The band have often been cited as role models and perfect examples of young men in the modern world; pushing boundaries, promoting inclusion and diversity as well as throwing out typical Hollywood and boy band tropes. The band do not use gender leaning pronouns in their music, allowing listeners to adapt and interpret how they like. Wanting to expand on this, the band made a conscious effort to write more candidly on this set. The overall theme of the album is stepping into adulthood and seeing the "real" world. Some topics explored throughout the album are; peer pressure, self-criticism, drug abuse, homophobia, toxic masculinity, sex, pressures of fame, love and friendship.

Singles

"Victory" was released as the album's lead single on December 17th 2018. It marked Weekend's first release since "Only Just Begun" in 2015. The single debuted atop of the charts and remained their for four non-consecutive weeks. It has since became Weekend's best-selling single and is still charting and selling well ten months after release.

"Our Song" was released as the second single from the album on July 8th 2019. The track also debuted at #1, giving the group their fifth consecutive chart topper and seventh overall. The single was well-received by fans and critics alike and has been hailed as their most "poppy" and "radio-friendly" release since their debut era in 2012.

"Be A Man" was released as the third single from the album on September 30th 2019. The single received universal praise for its lyrics which tackle toxic masculinity and homophobic societal views. It debuted atop of the charts, giving the band their third #1 single from this album, their sixth consecutive one and their eighth overall.

"Hard" was released as the fourth single from the album on December 16th 2019 and the last release prior to the record dropping. For it's release, two versions of the song were made available: the original near-seven minute long version which features on the album and in the video as well as the LosOscuros Radio Edit which was made for airplay. The song received universal praise for it's production, unconventional structure and lyricism. The single debuted at #1.

Track Listing

UserPostedImage

Welcome to the Real World
(D.Blue-Conners)

Our Song
(D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes, O.Ward, S.Wellington)

LDN Dusk
(D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes)

Hard
(D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton)

Victory
(D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, S.Wellington)

Where You Gonna Go?
(D.Blue-Conners, S.Wellington)

Be A Man
(D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes)

One for the Road
(D.Blue-Conners, O.Ward, S.Wellington)

Touch & Go
(D.Blue-Conners, O.Ward)

Poster Boy
(D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes, O.Ward, S.Wellington)

The Sun's On Us
(D.Blue-Conners)

Circles
(D.Blue-Conners)

Edited by user 30 December 2019 05:41:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 07/10/2019(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 07/10/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 08/10/2019(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/10/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 03/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2019 05:10:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Welcome to the Real World
Genre(s): Pop, Electropop, Synthpop
Length: 4:56
Writers: D.Blue-Conners
Producers: LosOscuros, Dustyn Blue-Conners
From The Album: Welcome to the Real World

Welcome to the Real World is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the titular and opening track of their third studio album. The track was written solely by the youngest member of the group, Dustyn Blue-Conners. He also mixed, arranged and co-produced the song with LosOscuros, a production duo who have worked with the band since their debut record. The song is heavily inspired by pop in the 1980's, combining retro styled, synth produced sounds along with the rockier, live instrument styling that Weekend is known for. "Welcome to the Real World" establishes the overall theme of the album; harsh realities and the ugly truth. The song talks about the boys wanting to bury their heads in the sand just for a day to escape the seemingly never-ending chaos and negativity going on in the world. It also references adulthood and the responsibilities that come with it after turning 18.

Dustyn Blue-Conners initially wrote the basis of the song back in late 2017 but shelved it after not being happy with how it was turning out. The track remained untouched for almost a year until Weekend decided to throw out all the material they had worked on for their then-upcoming album and head in a different direction. Wanting a more raw and honest approach for the third album, Dustyn brought the song back to life, feeling that its candid lyrics about the state of the world would work well with their new theme. Blue-Conners reworked the song and even co-produced it before presenting it to the band again. Dustyn stated that the song has a double meaning; reflecting the mental toll the world is taking on people and also the privilege that some have as they're able to shut off and pretend real problems aren't happening.

Dustyn Blue-Conners wrote:
"There's a lot of heavy topics discussed on this album. Going into it, we decided to be far more candid and personal than ever before. Opening the album, we wanted something that's upbeat enough to draw the listener in but that also has meaning, not just a fun, disposable song. Welcome to the Real World fit perfectly and we even decided to name the album after it! Very proud moment because it was basically just me involved in the creation of the track and then the LosOscuros guys came in to take it to the next level."

"The song has two sides to it. You can hear it as a total escapism track and, on paper, that's what it is. It's about wanting to run away from all the bad things. It's about switching off the news and pretending their isn't a war going on. Mental health days and wellness are important. However, on the flip side, it's showing how ignorant people can be. It shows how easy it is for privileged people to act like nothing is happening because it isn't having a big impact on them. Sonically, it's a catchy and breezy pop song. Very "la la la" head in the clouds type stuff, which is the mindset of a lot of people. Starting the album off with that and following it up with a lot of tracks with more serious issues was also intentional. You can only keep your head in the sand for so long before reality creeps back in and bites you on the butt!"

Welcome to the Real World

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Shut up and drive, do I really need a reason?
It's my own mind, I can change it like the seasons
So sick of asking questions and praying for guidance
So tired of the chains and unconscious compliance
I need more bad news like a damn hole in the head
All this stuff makes me wanna just stay in bed

And should anyone ask, I'm on a whole other planet today
It's none of your concern, don't send a search party
These conversations, they all just contaminate my air
Don't look for words of wisdom, I really don't care

I blew out my eighteenth candle
They said "welcome to the real world"
It all became too much to handle
As all the chaos started to unfurl
Not today, not today, not today, not today, no
I'll try this again some other time

Why are the facts so much stranger than fiction?
Think I understand the anger of our whole population
Pawns in a game, we're all stalling the race
I'm running for the hills, I'm choosing my own pace
Everyone's at odds, trembling finger on the trigger
I'm ducking for cover before heads get any bigger

Oh, and if anyone asks, if anybody should care at all
I've ran out the gate, got bored of climbing these walls
Stop wasting our time, you can spare me the lecture
I wanna go and paint myself a prettier picture

May come as a surprise 'cause normally this ain't my style
But these circuits are fried, I have to switch off for a while
I'm all washed out, feels like the heavens are always pouring
I have to go right now, maybe things will be OK come morning
I can't sit around and stew in anymore misery
If you're looking for me, cloud nine is where I'll be

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 10 October 2019 07:38:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 10/10/2019(UTC), Atonic Records on 10/10/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/10/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 10 October 2019 10:05:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Our Song
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop, Rock-Pop
Length: 3:10
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes, S.Wellington, O.Ward
Producer: Andrew Watt

Our Song is a song by Australian-British-Irish pop group Weekend. It served as the second single released from the album as well as the second song on the tracklist. Like the project's lead single, "Victory", it too showcases a natural progression in Weekend's sound, retaining their 80's inspired pop-rock sounds but edging towards a softer, synth-based pop approach as opposed to the stadium rock tinged tunes heard on their sophomore album, "About Time". The song was written by all five of the Weekend members and produced by Andrew Watt, the first time he has collaborated with the band. "Our Song" is a story about a strong, lifelong friendship or relationship. On the surface, it comes across as a love song dedicated to a partner but in actuality, Weekend wrote the song about their strong friendship and how they aspire to keep pushing ahead despite all of the setbacks they have and will continue to endure. The track references their love of music, name dropping some of their favourite acts such as Madonna and Queen and creates a mental picture of a road trip with the five members of the band.

The core of the track was written by Dustyn Blue-Conners, creating the bulk of the lyrics and the melody on his own with his acoustic guitar. Dustyn is a prolific songwriter, penning some of the best-selling songs of all-time and being the only member of Weekend to have a writing credit on every track. Weekend rarely write together as a five-piece - either writing in smaller groups or individually before showcasing the results to the others. In the case of "Our Song", Blue-Conners was unhappy with a few lines and wanted a new bridge entirely, thus bringing in the other four members to work on the song. Due to the personal lyrics, Blue-Conners also felt that it was "essential" that Hamilton, Holmes, Ward and Wellington had creative input as well. Speaking of the track, Dustyn said;

"The whole concept of this new album, "Welcome to the Real World", is that we're being more honest with our listeners. We've been open books on the public front but our music has been a little more sugarcoated for our demographic. We're grown now and we have different things we want to say. "Our Song" not only expresses our love for one another but it doubles as an ode to our fans as well. We've written love songs but none as personal as this. We've never publicly broadcast how much our friendship means. I love these boys and I love our supporters. They're all like family to me and, as soppy as it sounds, I wanted to express that. I don't care if it's uncool or "weird" for men to express things like this. I don't care. I love them. This really is OUR song."

The song is noted for Riley Hamilton's vocal performance and prominence, aside from it's introspective lyrical content. Weekend's choruses are usually noted for their "anthem-like" chants: big in sound and often sung in unison with huskier, more "rock" oriented voices like Oscar Ward and Dustyn Blue-Conners being the most prevalent. Hamilton is known for his falsetto as well as his growth as a performer, sounding stronger with each album. He sings in his falsetto in the chorus, immediately given it a softer sound than many other Weekend hits. Billy Holmes also shares a segment of the chorus, showcasing his strong and smooth "R&B" styled voice. He also opens up the song, again giving it a far more subdued and silkier vibe than expected. Oscar Ward takes on the second verse and a pre-chorus, sounding more relaxed than his earlier "punchier" vocal style after surgery on his chords in 2016. Dustyn Blue-Conners, often regarded as the strongest singer, has the third verse as well as a large section of the bridge. He too sings in a softer, airier voice rather than his usual husky deep tones. His Irish accent still shines through. Scott Wellington only sings a pre-chorus. His naturally thin and light voice work well with the track.

Our Song

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

It's been a long road but paradise is still ahead
Cruising top down with the wind messing our hair
CD in the dashboard, we go way back like old school
Blaring Queen and Madonna 'cause we're just that cool
Keep it repeating, keep it repeating

We act like our hearts have never been broken
As if those final blows had never been spoken
The wheels could come off, you'd still be right here
Our never ending melody, oh so sweet to my ears

With you, the music sounds better, I can't listen alone
Let's stay in this endless summer, living life in stereo

Never gonna lose the rhythm, never gonna lose our souls
No time to be down and out, come on, play me the crescendo

And sometimes, you know that we'll be dancing out of time
Spontaneously bursting out every single line

Everyone will be singing our song
Lighters up for the chorus, they're playing it for us

I remember the nerves and innocence of way back then
We've all grown now but the thrills, they never end
Keeping me on my toes, you know how to keep me keen
Eyes still burning bright like we were still sixteen

With you, the music sounds better, I can't listen alone
Let's stay in this endless summer, living life in stereo

And as the years go by, you'll still be at my side
We'll be a little older but I'm not sure about the wise
Still cruising, drawing hearts in a breath on the window
Bring the beat back before it fades away with the outro

The seasons, they come and they go
Oh, the years, they come and they go
But we will never sing our song alone

But we will never sing our song alone

Can Be Compared To:

UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 10/10/2019(UTC), erich hess on 10/10/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/10/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 02 December 2019 08:19:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: LDN Dusk
Length: 3:46
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes
Producers: LosOscuros, Riley Hamilton

LDN Dusk is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the third track of their third studio album. The song was written by three members of the band; Dustyn Blue-Conners, Riley Hamilton and Billy Holmes. Hamilton also mixed and co-produced the song with LosOscuros, a production duo who have worked with the band since their debut record. "LDN Dusk" is a dance-pop song with a moderate tempo of 126 beats per minute. While the song still contains live music elements, it is one of very few Weekend tracks that heavily utilises synthetic digital production. The song, in theme with the album, is inspired by synthpop sounds first heard in the 1980's. "LDN Dusk" is a story about wanting to break away from an on and off relationship: wising up to the fact that the other person only uses them when they are lonely and that real love is not reciprocated.

The track was born out of a session between Blue-Conners, Hamilton and Holmes. The boys aimed to create something "very melodic" and "pop oriented", deciding to stray away from heavy live instrumentation and create something more "polished" in sound. The lyric idea spawned from a conversation about the darkening sky between the group within the room and Blue-Conners found himself hung up on the word "dusk" for the duration, wanting to play around with the concept of it. Dustyn eventually came up with the concept of winter nights in the big city making someone feel lonely and reaching out for a "bootie call". The trio penned the song that day with Riley Hamilton being responsible for most of the melody. Hamilton also played a huge role in the production of the song, co-producing it with LosOscuros and playing around with vocal arrangements in the mix. The chorus of the song designates separate lines to four members rather than the traditional group harmony.

Riley Hamilton wrote:
"I think we've all been impacted emotionally by our environment. Not that we've all reached out and tried to use somebody but having certain times of the day or year play with your emotions is something that we've all experienced. On this album we set out to be as honest as possible and, as far from romantic as it is, booty calls are very much a thing and sometimes, they're very one sided. This song is about wising up to that and realising that the thing you once had, the person you built up in your head...none of that exists. It's essentially asking the other person "Do you really love me and want to make this work or are you just a sociopath and pretending to care just so you get what you want for a night?". The song jumps around. One minute we're adamant that it's over, the next verse we're totally over it but then the chorus comes back around and we're questioning things again. It's all very back and forth. Quite a confusing situation."

LDN Dusk

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Always torn by the arms in different directions
Fighting in a war of opposite attractions
Not biting on the bullet this time
Say no more, don't wanna hear late night confessions
Cut the cord, you're not getting a reaction

I've just got the tears to subside

Said time and time again that we're gonna be just friends
But it's always a different story when the night rolls in

Do I burn bright in your mind, is that why you're calling?
Or are you lonesome tonight and wanting a human touch?
If I came over tonight, will it still be sweet in the morning?
Or is it just the urge that comes with London's dusk?

So sick and tired of the emotional propaganda
If you light up my phone, I'm not going to answer
Soon forget the way you call my name
I can handle all the serrated edges of your anger
Few smooth shots and heartbreak make me a dancer

Moving to my own beat again

Said time and time again that we're gonna be just friends
Not the final goodbye you wanted but this is how it ends

Had our own little fairy tale, full of hopes and dreams
Bathed together in twilight, it was ever so sweet
Now the thunder claps and the rivers are roaring
You only want my touch when the heavens are pouring

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 02/12/2019(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 02 December 2019 09:26:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Hard
Length: 6:43
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton
Producers: Riley Hamilton

Hard is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the fourth track of their third studio album. The song was written by two members of the band; Dustyn Blue-Conners and Riley Hamilton. Hamilton also produced the song in its entirety, marking his first time achieving such a feat. He also co-produced previous track "LDN Dusk". "Hard" is noted for its experimentation: featuring heavily sexual lyrics for the band, standing at almost seven minutes in length and combining 80's synths, 90's Balearic guitar and dance beats with a futuristic soundscape. The song can be described as a trance-inspired mid tempo track, marrying pieces of techno and rave music with pop ballad elements. It follows the common verse-chorus form, but includes a number of instrumental solos from Blue-Conners' electric guitar. Dustyn sings a middle 8 which is also repeated as an outro, concluding the song. "Hard" is a story about undying love and making sure to constantly support and raise each other up. The track is also heavily filled with sexually suggestive lyrics, their most explicit to date.

Following on from the completion of the track "LDN Dusk", Weekend wanted another song in a similar synthpop vein but "bigger" and "riskier". Hamilton and Blue discussed several possibilities over a working lunch and began to pen ideas down. Knowing that they were going down a more pop oriented route with the track, Dustyn knew that he wanted the title or at least some of the lyrical content to juxtapose the sonics of the song. The original concept was titled "Love Me Hard" before being shortened to just "Hard", sounding more blunt. With the idea of creating an "epic" song, Hamilton and Blue-Conners agreed not to erase any ideas they had written down and came up with several different verses, hooks, middle 8's and even entirely different melodies. The band recorded every single piece individually. Hamilton would then take everything and piece together the song in the studio; mixing, arranging and producing the entire track. Once the bulk of it was made, the group then re-recorded some of the choruses and backing vocals as a five-part harmony so that the song sounded like less of a "patchwork".

Billy Holmes wrote:
"Riley did and amazing job on the production and the writing is...quite something. It's so sexy and raw yet it's clever and tender all at the same time. It's not smutty at all but it definitely gets the mind going. Dustyn and Riley are amazing writers. Definitely the best out of all of us. I think that this is one of our finest moments. Everyone who has heard the track has been floored by it. It's a mammoth song. I think what stands out is the honesty, the rawness and the vulnerability. In the lyrics, we're laying it all out on the table. We're being soppy gits and confessing our undying love and then the production is very emotive. The electric guitar twangs just give it that something special. It's one of those "dancing with tears in your eyes" kind of productions. When Riley was producing it, he said he was thinking about "Believe" by Cher. It's a song I can't stand but Riley really took the best elements of that and came through. It does have that 90's trance, futuristic soundscape that seems otherworldly yet so close to home at the same time. It's a glorious, soaring song and it just amps up the longer it goes on. I definitely see it as a career highlight."

Hard

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

[Electric guitar intro]

Even when we're laying there speechless
I can hear you calling to me loud and clear
We've dropped the shields, there's no pretence
We're out riding free with no fears
Got a love that transcends all language
Can navigate through the stormiest weather
Exploring deep, finding new ways of understanding
Some honey always makes things better

And no, I'm not afraid to come undone
When there's bumps in the road, I know you won't run
Yeah, I'm not scared of any leap or fall
When I'm bound to you, I come back above it all
In your arms, I'm never scared of the dark
'Cause you lo-lo-lo-lo-love me hard

[Electric guitar solo]

There's no start, there's no ending
No man and no army can stand in the way
Found paradise but we'll keep on searching
Seeking new treasures in a foreign place

Locking of lips always so in sync
Rolling on petals, feeling strokes of pink
Just one look and I know what you're about

We can find beauty in the simple things
Or turn up the gears and pull at the strings
Don't worry if the words don't come out

I know you're not afraid to come undone
When there's bumps in the road, you know I won't run
Yeah, you're not scared of any leap or fall
When you're bound to me, you'll come back above it all
In my arms, you're never scared of the dark
'Cause I lo-lo-lo-lo-love you hard

[Electric guitar solo]

No need to panic when the sun goes down
Still intertwined, still feeling the touch

Locking of lips always so in sync
Rolling on petals, feeling strokes of pink
Just one look and I know what you're about

We can find beauty in the simple things
Or turn up the gears and pull at the strings
Don't worry if the words don't come out

You're always there waiting and your arms unfold
Ready for me to bathe in all the gold
We go deeper, this is more than just physical
My heartbeat is racing 'cause you love me to the bone

[Electric guitar solo]

I know you're not afraid to come undone
When there's bumps in the road, you know I won't run
Yeah, you're not scared of any leap or fall
When you're bound to me, you'll come back above it all
In my arms, you're never scared of the dark
'Cause I lo-lo-lo-lo-love you hard

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 02 December 2019 09:34:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

erich hess on 02/12/2019(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 02 December 2019 11:33:07(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Victory
Genre(s): Rock-Pop, Pop, R&B
Length: 3:19
Writer: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, S.Wellington
Producer: LosOscuros

Victory is a song by Australian-British-Irish pop group Weekend. The song served as the lead single from the album. It also marked the first release for the group in over three years, following some personal downtime after their Here We Go Again world tour and allowing group member Oscar Ward time off to heal following surgery on his vocal chords in mid 2016. The song showcases a natural progression in the band's sound, retaining the rock-pop, almost stadium rock sound that they are known and loved for while incorporating some smoother, R&B styled beats throughout to make the track less aggressive in sound. "Victory" is a story about not giving up on a lost love and lover, willing to fight through the dark times and emerge victorious in spite of naysayers and the obstacles thrown throughout. Some parents have highlighted concern over some lyrics which suggest a suicide attempt, deeming it "too heavy" for a band that has a huge young audience like Weekend. The song was a "surprise release", dropping on all platforms without prior warning or promotion.

Weekend initially began to work on their third studio album while on the road in 2015 and 2016, during their Here We Go Again world tour. The plan was to release the album in either late 2016 or early 2017 but plans came to a halt when Oscar Ward had to endure vocal chord surgery. With Ward being the lead singer of the group, it put plans on the shelf indefinitely. While Oscar recuperated, the remaining four members of the band would occasionally throw out and work on creative ideas but not venture any further than a rough demo or voice note, hoping that they would have enough material to work on as swiftly as possible when it was safe for Oscar to return to singing. Most of the material, however, was discarded by the time the quintet reunited in the studios to properly work on the project again, citing new life experiences for inspiration behind "bigger" and "better" material. The chorus from "Victory", was one of the only pieces to survive from the 2016 material.

Written by three of the members: Dustyn Blue, Riley Hamilton and Scott Wellington, Victory was in the making for two years. It initially started off as a different song composed by Blue and Wellington. When they returned to the studio in early 2018 for a writing session, Blue, Hamilton and Wellington began to work on a new composition but were failing to find a suitable chorus. Blue then remembered the demo for Victory and played it to his writing partners. They then lifted the section from the old song, reworked some of the melody and pieced together the final version. Many critics instantly praised the song's lyrics for showing growth but a handful were disgruntled at the depiction of a suicide attempt. Ward's verse in particular was critcised especially for the lines; "A splash in the blue, you found it hard to breathe/Resurfaced and awoken with brand new eyes to see" with many believing that it suggests a suicide attempt is what it takes to change someone's mind, if they are lucky enough to survive. Scott Wellington, one of the writers, dismissed this.

Scott Wellington wrote:
"The song isn't actually about a suicide attempt. It's just about frustration, wanting to run away and do something extreme to feel alive again and wash away all the negativity that's bogging you down. People are watching and worried but in the end, it's more like a rebirth. It's sort of like after you've had a huge, brilliant cry on a shoulder and you suddenly feel lighter, seeing things with new eyes. It was the perfect track to return with and launch the new project. Sonically, it's not too far off of our previous work. It builds up and it soars. It has this huge anthem of a chorus but there's little quirks in the production that are a nod to the 1980's inspired sound. Also, the topic is pretty raw and honest just like the theme of the new album. In all honesty, it's our best lead single to date in my opinion."

Victory

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Perched on the pier where we met
Your feet dangling, sweaty palms on the edge
Wondering if you've got the guts to jump
Or brave the weathers from the clouds above
We messed up, we messed up twice
But I think we deserve another roll of the dice

I've been to war for you, kept on pushing through
I've seen through the darkness into your heart
I know you've been in a war too, keep pushing through
Standing out on the battlefield for you

When you're struggling to find the light
Know that I'll be the saviour, the star to guide
Fled from their words, our failings, ran from the pain
But you can only go so far, it gets colder in the rain
They say that it's only fools who fall in love
Paint me as the biggest clown but I'm not giving up on us

I've seen through the darkness into you heart

I've ran through the fires and back again
Tread on shattered glass for miles on end
I fight the fight with you to stand in victory
Love doesn't have to be a losing game
Why's it always gotta be us against them?
I'm here with you tonight, let's start a different story
We could be standing in victory, in our victory
It's our victory, this is our victory, ay

You're slipping, so tired and broken down
With the weight of the world, I prayed you wouldn't drown
A splash in the blue, you found it hard to breathe
Resurfaced and awoken with brand new eyes to see
Survived the jump, there's no more time for regrets
Come and wrap in my embrace, 'cause we aren't finished yet

I've seen through the darkness into you heart

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 11 December 2019 05:26:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Online BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 02 December 2019 12:22:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Where You Gonna Go?
Genre(s): Electropop
Length: 3:19
Writer: D.Blue-Conners, S.Wellington
Producer: LosOscuros

Where You Gonna Go? is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the sixth track from their third studio album. The song was written by two members of the band; Dustyn Blue-Conners and Scott Wellington. Production of the song was handled by LosOscuros, a production duo who have worked with the band since their debut record. Sticking to the theme of the album, "Where You Gonna Go?" is rooted in synthpop and is inspired by pop and rock music from the 1980's. It has been described as a "slow burner", with low bubbling synths gradually building from the start of the track and taking over one minute into run time for the first chorus to kick in. The song is considered as a follow-up to previous album track, "LDN Dusk" and is described as a "kiss-off" anthem. The track tells a few home truths to a toxic ex-lover and how they'll never find love or get anywhere in life if they continue to use people.

An initial draft of the song was written back in 2016 by Scott Wellington. The loose concept as well as the "Where you gonna go?/Where you gonna sleep tonight?" are all that remain in the song we have today. When writing for the album, after recording "LDN Dusk", Dustyn knew that he wanted to create a "part two", enjoying the visualisation he conjured up from the story in the first track. When Blue-Conners asked his band mates if they had anything that could work with his vision, Wellington presented him with the original lyrics of "Where Will You Go?". The pair then reworked the song together and took it to LosOscuros, who also produced "LDN Dusk".

"This is definitely the sassiest track on the album. Usually when we're writing about the demise of a relationship, we tend to focus on the hurt or the life lessons we learned. I don't think we've written a "screw you!" track of this calibre before. For this album, we wanted to be as honest as possible and show all the different shades of light and dark that you experience in life. Sometimes you just want to yell at your ex and call them out on their BS ways. I felt like with our song "LDN Dusk", there was more to offer. I really liked all the questioning going on in that track and the mental images it inspired. I could really picture those late night calls, the mind games, the sleepless nights. "Where You Gonna Go?" picks up a few months down the line and you're over that toxic relationship. You actually feel a little bit sad for your ex because they're still stuck in that poisonous place. This song is a bit of a cheeky wake-up call, really. Like, if you continue to be that superficial and keep treating people like dirt...where WILL you go from there?"

Where You Gonna Go?

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Belted high note

Oh, oh, oh ah
Oh, oh, oh ah
Huh, huh, ah
Oh, oh, oh ah
Oh, oh, oh ah
Huh, huh, ah

You've travelled around the world, searching for Mr Right
Someone to sweep you up on a magic carpet ride
Ya met a lot passing fancies who barely survive one night
They clearly were not enough for your appetite
He gotta tuck in his shirt, ride a Benz and work more than a 9 to 5
Looks like someone set their standards high
Gotta bring it all on the double if he wants to be by your side
Any less and he's out of your sight

You have them all falling head over heels for your fool's gold
The candy-coated heart that they desire is really just stone cold
You're looking tight washed and super fine, love the thrill of the chase
Always raising the bar but the diamond at the core will always be a fake

And when you need somebody, oh when you need someone
When you need somebody, yeah when you need someone
Who can you turn to? Where will you run?
The streets are getting cold and the rain cuts like knives
Not a soul to hold you when the world turns off the lights
Where will you go? Where will you hide?
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna sleep tonight?

Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go now?

Talk a really good game but nobody can hear what you're saying
Now they all know you were just playing
Flocked around like a moth to a flame, really thought you were winning
Now faster than Bolt, it's for the hills they're running
No engine fast enough, can't keep up, watch them all escaping
Yeah, I think it's time that you started praying

You had them all falling head over heels for your fool's gold
Seen that the candy-coated heart is nothing but stone cold
You're looking tight washed and super fine, love the thrill of the chase
Always raising the bar but the diamond at the core will always be a fake

Oh, oh, oh ah
Oh, oh, oh ah
Huh, huh, ah
Oh, oh, oh ah
Oh, oh, oh ah
Huh, huh, ah

If you're looking for someone to keep you warm at night
I don't wanna be the one
If you're looking for someone who always concedes in your fights
I don't wanna be the one
No, I ain't gonna be the one
Screaming that romance is dead
When you're the one who shot it in the head
So where you gonna go? Where you gonna go now?
Oooooooooh

Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go now? (Where you gonna, where you gonna...)
Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go now? (Where?!)

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Atonic Records on 02/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 03/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 03 December 2019 01:09:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Be A Man
Length: 3:15
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes
Producer: Andrew Watt

Be A Man is a song by Australian-British-Irish pop group Weekend. The song was released worldwide on September 30th 2019 and serves as the third single from their upcoming third studio album, "Welcome to the Real World", set for release in late 2019. Like the project's first singles, "Victory" and "Our Song", it too showcases a natural progression in Weekend's sound, retaining their 80's inspired pop-rock sounds. The track is noted for having a heavy, rock influenced electric guitar buildup and solo during the chorus. The song was written by Dustyn Blue-Conners, Riley Hamilton and Billy Holmes and produced by Andrew Watt, who also produced their precious single. "Be A Man" is noted for being a politically charged anthem, pushing the envelope for Weekend and their socially-conscious music. The lyrics of the track challenge bigots within society as well as the concept of toxic masculinity. The boys question society's ideas of what it is to be a man; mentally, emotionally and in terms of sexuality.

The core of the track was written by Dustyn Blue-Conners and Billy Holmes, with Blue-Conners crafting the melody on his acoustic guitar. Weekend have always been seen as a forward-thinking, liberal and modern group - representing diversity among races and sexuality as well as making the bulk of their songs gender neutral, straying away from male and female pronouns. Dustyn and Billy, the LGBTQ+ members of the band, set out to create a song that challenges their oppressors, becoming an anthem for their LGBTQ+ fans. The entire theme of the forthcoming album is the ugly truth of the world and entering adulthood within it. Dustyn and Billy believed the song to be a strong contender for inclusion, therefore presenting it to the remaining members of the group for comment. Riley Hamilton then penned additional lyrics for the song.

Billy Holmes wrote:
"We've always pushed the boat out when it comes to the lyrics of our songs. We write everything and have a certain high standard. Even aside from quality lyricism, we always make sure that we are as inclusive as possible and that we use our music to promote positive messages that we believe in. Forget my Twitter personality, forget all of our human struggles, at the end of the day Weekend stand for love and acceptance. This song really encompasses that and not in a sugarcoated way. We've been a little more reserved in the past but we've grown as artists and individuals. This album is far more mature. We're saying what HAS to be said. The landscape of the world we live in is absolutely dire. It's filled with hate and ignorance. Yeah, we have a lot of songs that are just for fun and we hope fans use them as a form of escapism but for this one, we had to go hard or go home. No fluffy, cutesy song could tackle the subjects of homophobia and the toxic masculinity that millions harbour. This is Weekend saying that we've had enough. We're spreading love while simultaneously fighting back. I'd also just like to thank the other members of the group for being constant allies and joining this fight with us."

Be A Man

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

You really should see me when you're not around
I'm the king of the castle, I run this town
Can't fit in your puzzle, my edges are obscure
Waiting for the Trojans to come knock down my door
I don't just want to be me when the coast is clear
Gonna need you and your acid army to disappear

Yeah, we all get a little broken up and beat
So why are you bending the rules and calling it weak?
Should I grunt and flex, suppress it all and "man up"?
Don't mean to rock your boat but that phrase sucks
Screaming about sensitivity, guess you'd know about that
Who breaks a cold sweat about a Queen and his handbag?

Oh, was that too much?
Oh, did a nerve get touched?

Always saying something without really saying nothing
For someone so ignorant, you really give a damn
Arguments with unclear meanings, I'm caught in between and
I can't change a thing as this is who I am
Seem to know everything so, can you help me with something?
What the hell does it mean to be a man?

Yes, I really could be the little hero of the hour
But I'm locked away at the top of your dark age tour
Never answer my questions 'cause you know you'll crumble
I don't want more storms, sick and tired of the rumble
And it's always the same old shhh but a different day
Let's straighten this out, it's a-okay to be gay!

Oh, were your pearls clutched?
Oh, do I even give a ....?

Don't know why you have to sit and scrutinise
I'm sure you'd rather go on and live your life
It's totally fine, you really shouldn't worry about me
Why don't you step outside, go get yourself a hobby?
No, I don't need to put you under the microscope
Had you figured out from all the hate that you spoke
Another sad case but things can always change
Hope you get better but don't rain on our parade

Oh, did a nerve get touched?

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 11 December 2019 05:26:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#9 Posted : 11 December 2019 05:23:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: One for the Road
Length: 3:35
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, O.Ward, S.Wellington
Producer: Andrew Watt, Dustyn Blue-Conners

One for the Road is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the seventh track from their third studio album. The song was written by three members of the band; Dustyn Blue-Conners, Oscar Ward and Scott Wellington. Production of the track was handled by Andrew Watt, who worked closely with the group for some time during the conception of the album, as well as Dustyn Blue-Conners. "One for the Road" is a pop song influenced by stadium rock and sounds popular in music from the 1980's. It heavily utilises layers of synths, guitars, hand claps and stacked backing harmonies, giving the track an extremely dense sound. The song has been likened to the throwback pop/rock sounds that the group introduced on their sophomore album. "One for the Road" has been described as a "drinking anthem" as well as a story of "enjoying youth will [you] have it". The song talks about the boys spending a drunken night out with a potential love interest and throwing caution to the wind, taking every opportunity they have to enjoy themselves in the moment - purposely blocking out the idea of the next morning and potential consequences.

The song was written by Dustyn Blue-Conners, Oscar Ward and Scott Wellington. The trio created the song after a 2019 New Year's Day party, which was partly the inspiration. Wanting to write a "party" song, the boys reflected on the night they had and would then delve further into their past as part of the biggest pop band in recent history. The group told stories about wild nights out from the early days of the band and reminisced about their old single lifestyle: how it felt to be newly famous with the world at their feet. Blue-Conners, Ward and Wellington wrote the majority of the track with a very loose melody. Dustyn would then go on to refine the track, work out the melody and chords and go on to co-produce the track with Andrew Watt.

Oscar Ward wrote:
"We decided to be very honest on this album. We talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of the world and what it's like to be us. This one kind of touches on all of those aspects. At face value, it's a very upbeat song about drinking, having fun, it's a little sexy at times. Going a little deeper, however, you can see the dark undertones. You can either read the lyrics as celebrating youth and letting your hair down or you can see them as a recipe for disaster. It was based on 2012 when we took off and it sort of foreshadows a LOT of the mess we would then get into as a band, as five young men with the keys to the world. There was always that "one more won't hurt" thing going on whenever we went out. We're more sensible now...most of us...but back then it was just about doing as much as you can in one night and not caring about the morning after. Production wise, it's such a dense and layered song and it really transports you to this secluded spot and it also reflects the lyrical content - nothing exists beyond this moment."

One for the Road

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Everything we want is just another shot away
Don't read between the lines, don't skip to the last page
Just living in the moment 'cause I'm right here with you
It's only some fun, why does everybody worry?
Wouldn't be the first time we woke up in the hotel lobby

If you're looking for a taste of trouble tonight
If you're looking for a ticket to the wild ride
Take my hand and we'll pick up the pace
Live in colour, fight the shades of grey

We can dance with our devils, do it all offbeat
We can own the whole club, playing kings and queens
Sink a little deeper, our waters run deep
Lost in your waves while the whole world's asleep
The sun's coming up and it's a long crawl home
Before this all fades, let's take one for the road

Don't overthink it, you can call this what you want
Gotta enjoy the heat before we go back into the storm
Do as the DJ tells us, throw our hands up in the air
He's looking over at you but I don't want to share

If you're looking for a taste of heaven tonight
If you're looking for a ticket to the hottest ride
Take my hand and we'll pick up the pace
Live in colour, fight the shades of grey

One for the ro-oh-oh-oad, ro-oh-oh-oad

Work so hard so we should get to play more
Dancing over the bodies and glitter on the dance floor
Life rolls too fast but I'm always ready for the encore
Another sip and we're naked and unafraid
Take it on, take it off, take our cares away
Learn something tomorrow from tonight's mistakes

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 11/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 11 December 2019 10:17:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Touch & Go
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop
Length: 3:55
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, O.Ward
Producer: LosOscuros, Riley Hamilton

Touch & Go is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the eighth track from their third studio album. The song was written by two members of the band; Dustyn Blue-Conners and Oscar Ward. Production of the track was handled by LosOscuros and Riley Hamilton, who also produced "LDN Dusk" together. "Touch & Go" is a synthpop and dance-pop track, dripping in 1980's nostalgia. Hamilton looked to artists such as The Pet Shop Boys for inspiration. Like other Hamilton produced tracks, the song is noted for it's unconventional structure. "Touch & Go" has been described as "heartbreaking but glorious" and as "an elegantly sad account of a waning relationship". The lyrics speak of someone trying their best to keep a relationship alive when it's clear that the other person involved doesn't hold the same strong romantic feelings. The song explores denial and naive optimism.

The track was written by Dustyn Blue-Conners and Oscar Ward in the form of an acoustic guitar ballad. The pair wanted to create a song that would make the listener root for the singer: a song drenched in denial and one in which the protagonist deserves better in life and love. Blue-Conners created the initial melody but found it too "dreary". During production meetings, he told fellow band mate Riley Hamilton that, although it's a sad song at it's core, he wanted it to have more "oomph" and that the themes of false hope and naivety in love should be at the forefront rather than the sadness of unrequited love. Hamilton and LosOscuros then worked on a new synthpop inspired beat. The melody and lyrics are still ballad-like in sense but the shimmering quirks within the production conjure up feelings of an undeniable sense of optimism. Like with "Hard", Riley chopped and screwed all of the boys vocal segments to create an unconventional style. Billy and Dustyn's post-chorus segments were initially recorded as the bridge.

Riley Hamilton wrote:
"I think that this is such a beautifully sad song. With the production, lush harmonies and a lot of the lyrics, you do see a glimmer of hope sort of coating the song but underneath it all, it's quite a sad story. It's about wanting more from a person who is being aloof and detached. You think a relationship is going well, you believe you're on the same page and then they do or say something that knocks you backward. It's really hard knowing that your heart is in it more than the other person is. That can happen with friendships too. It sucks when you discover that someone doesn't see you the way you thought they did. In the song, we aren't even breaking up with our flaky lover. We're begging them to commit. We're possibly very much in denial, you know? We're planning a future and wanting to live out the love of a lifetime and they're hovering over their phone, debating whether or not to dump us. Could very well be a lost cause but I'm all for love triumphing."

Touch & Go

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

I jumped right in with abandoned beliefs
Clouded judgements always seem to shroud around me
Smoke and mirrors? I can't make that call
We had one great December now I'm wanting them all

And I could be laying here, holding onto nothing
I pray you reach out and just give me something

When you turn away, yeah it cuts so deep
But I can't even lie, I love the way it bleeds
Yeah, you build me up and your tear me down
Still, I can't wait 'til you come back around

You come around with all the best intentions
We lay it down and work out all our tensions
Each night, I'm always getting a new impression
Just a hint of sugar is enough to tide me over
I'm thinking that we should get a little closer
It burns me up and then it's cold-cold shoulder
It's always just touch and go, it's all I know
Touch and go
Touch and go

Might be dumb but in this love thing, I still believe
One thing that I want and I hope you've got it for me
Might sound crazy but in happy endings, I still believe
What do you say, do you want to try it out to see?

Maybe I'm just lost up in a film scene
Running in the wrong direction, chasing what can't be
You'd think I'd get tired of always losing
But you're worth the aches and the bruising

What's behind the walls you built so high?
Is it all an act or safe space to hide?

I jumped right in with abandoned beliefs
Clouded judgements always seem to shroud around me
Smoke and mirrors? I can't make that call
We had one great December now I'm wanting them all

And I could be laying here, holding onto nothing
I pray you reach out and just give me something

Touch and go
Touch and go

Yeah, yeah, it's always touch and go, oh

Touch and go
Touch and go

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 22 December 2019 00:41:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 11/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 11/12/2019(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 13/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 22 December 2019 01:15:46(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Poster Boy
Genre(s): Pop, Ballad
Length: 3:00
Writers: D.Blue-Conners, R.Hamilton, B.Holmes, O.Ward, S.Wellington
Producer: Billy Holmes, Cutfather

Poster Boy is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the ninth track from their third studio album. The song was written by all members of the band; Dustyn Blue-Conners, Riley Hamilton, Billy Holmes, Oscar Ward and Scott Wellington. Production of the track was handled by Cutfather and fellow Weekend member, Billy Holmes. "Poster Boy" is a piano ballad with standard elements of pop and soul compositions. It was the last song to be written and composed for the project and the only track extensively worked on by the group as a solid five piece - with other tracks being written sporadically by different members. "Poster Boy" has been described as their most personal song to date and is noted for its candid lyricism and "heart-wrenching" and "soaring" vocals. Lyrically, the song talks about the weight and pressure that the Weekend members feel as role models to thousands of people. It talks about the facade that they have to put up at times due to being in the public eye and the constant search for their own identities outside of the band.

The track was written by all five members of the group. The idea was first sparked between Dustyn Blue-Conners and Billy Holmes. The pair sat and brainstormed ideas and melodies, with Holmes on the piano. No real lyrics came to fruition but a loose melody was worked on and the pair loved the "sad" and "sombre" tone they had conjured up. Over the span of two days, all five members sat around the piano and worked extensively on the song. The "poster boy" idea was coined by Blue-Conners just from a random riff he let out during the session. Feeling introspective, the boys delved deep into their lives and opened up candidly - bouncing ideas off of one another to piece the song together around the idea of the pressures of fame and false gods. Each member recorded their official vocals in one take. Further recordings took place but due to the personal nature of the lyrics, they decided that the original raw vocals suited it best. Holmes and Danish producer, Cutfather, produced the track together, doing their best to keep it as simple and sparse as possible with the lyrical content and vocals being the clear focus.

Oscar Ward wrote:
"We've all felt the pressures of being in this band. Although we're older and wiser now, things still impact us and sometimes we don't even see it until we take a big step back. It's not meant as a way for us to be pitied. It's just something very honest that we haven't really shared before. We want to be as transparent as possible. Things aren't always great, truth be told. There have been many tears shared, many mental breakdowns and...even grimmer stuff has went on behind closed doors that not even our biggest fans would think about. As much as we love and appreciate being idols to people, there's the question of where the line is drawn. When do we get to be our own person and not just some poster boy hero who has to be "on" all the time. Even when we're off stage, people are still looking at what we do. New outlets still sensationalise the smallest things and it snowballs. This song is a way of saying that we're human too. Of course we love our fans and everything that they've done for us but I think that a lot of people forget that we're skin and bone just like them."

Poster Boy

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Sea of faces, sea of tears staring at me
Hung up on every word and every action
Thousand stories and wishes shine through me like a prism
They know every syllable, they've learned the rhythm
Wish I knew how to dance to my own beat
Can't move out of line, gotta watch my feet

When the boy next door is not what he seems
When you're picking up the pieces of a shattered dream
Yeah, you can always lay your love on me
Yeah, you can always lay your hurt on me

But who is this prince that you dream of?
Who is this hero that you've built up?
I can tell you that I'm nothing like him
Save the world? I wouldn't know where to begin
Who is this face that's staring back?
Who is he when he's finished on the track?
But I'll work on me some other day
Kiss your poster boy and dance the night away

When it's unrehearsed sometimes I don't even know
Can't get out my words, not sure where to go
Don't mind advice but wish I didn't need help to choose
Pressure is rising, feeling eyes on my every move
And I'm so scared to fail, terrified of further success
Is every step one closer to another Hollywood mess?

When the boy next door is not what he seems
When you're picking up the pieces of a shattered dream
Yeah, you can always lay your love on me
Yeah, you can always lay your hurt on me

I'll be your guiding light within the storm
But can I even find my own way home?
Head above the water, I just need to breathe
Though I still sense I'm lost out in the deep
I shouldn't say no, I shouldn't question why
Poster boys should be happy and satisfied
I know that I can't keep on hiding the pain

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 23 December 2019 05:49:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 22/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 23 December 2019 06:21:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: The Sun's On Us
Genre(s): Pop, Rock-Pop, Acoustic
Length: 3:10
Producer: Dustyn Blue-Conners, Andrew Watt

The Sun's On Us is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the tenth track from their third studio album. The song was written solely by Dustyn Blue-Conners. Production of the track was also handled by Blue-Conners as well as Andrew Watt, who has several other cuts on the record. "The Sun's On Us" is a pop ballad which contains both electronic and acoustic guitars; bordering on the "folktronica" sub-genre. "The Sun's On Us" has been described as a "whirlwind of emotion", juxtaposing very inspirational and positive lyrics against a melancholic track arrangement. The song's lyrics see the boys addressing a loved one who is possibly going through dark times or has grown extremely pessimistic over the years, encouraging them and making an effort to focus on the good times. It also addresses putting yourself first for once and the importance of it. The track was purposely placed on the album after "Poster Boy" to counter its topic of inferiority.

The track was entirely written by Dustyn Blue-Conners, with him also arranging the melody and chords. He recalls writing the song at the end of his bed after a stressful period of writer's block on top of a hectic working schedule. The idea of the song stemmed from a conversation between he and his husband Dallas Blue-Conners, who, reminded Dustyn that he has a great life and is dearly loved and that he shouldn't worry about others or place these huge pressures upon himself. Ironically, this sparked the first idea for a song that Dustyn had had in months. Blue-Conners decided to pen a song about hope and making the most of the time we have on earth. While the song was written as a reminder to himself, it works as a message of encouragement for the masses. The song took just under an hour to compose in its entirety from the comfort of Blue-Conners' own bedroom. Dustyn and Andrew Watt produced the song a few weeks later when all five members were available to record.

Scott Wellington wrote:
"When Dustyn played us this song, I knew immediately that we not only had to try it out in the studio but actually guarantee it a space on the album. It's such a gorgeous song. I mean, Dustyn is a fantastic writer, he's absolutely talented beyond words and even I can say that this is one of his best compositions. It really hits you in your feelings. The positive message, the rather sad and sensitive atmosphere, the descriptive lyrics...it really encapsulates. I think we can all relate to this song whether you take the message as one for yourself or you know someone who is going through a dark period. It really resonates. These are trying times. People's mental health is...well, it should be a big talking point. Yeah, I know that serious things like depression and anxiety can't be cured with a simple "Oh cheer up!" but I think as humans, as loving creatures, we really want to protect and want what's best for those who are nearest and dearest to us. We want happiness. I think that song really captures it. It's like blocking out the world and just focusing the moment of being alive, right here and right now."

The Sun's On Us

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Do you remember the way that things used to be?
An endless horizon, we could do it all if we believed
Running through the rivers, was all in our reach
Always yearning for that something new and sweet
Sweeter than the fruits of our labour
Love was always our saviour
How do you feel about a repeat?

Stuck in a rut, like nothing is going right
Always wrapped up in a worried state of mind
Look into my eyes, I promise everything is fine
There's still some bright in these trouble times

Live fast in the moment, no need to die young
We can shine bright like diamonds in the sun
And diamonds are forever, my love
Don't worry about how long the sky will stay blue
Don't let your imagination spoil the view
'Cause right now the sun's on us
Oh, oh, oh, the sun's on us

Do you remember rolling with the tide and the thunder?
Used to move with the ways, no fear of slipping under
I could still show you many things of wonder
Take my hand, you won't be judged or torn asunder
We can still relight the glow
There's a whole lot more to show
Do you want to see it together?

Stuck in a rut, like nothing is going right
Always wrapped up in a worried state of mind
Look into my eyes, I promise everything is fine
There's still some bright in these trouble times

We used to chase dreams of glitter and gold
They're still out there with endings yet untold
Sparkling in the distance waiting for us to hold
We still have the time to watch them all unfold
Go ahead and do something for yourself
Release the inhibitions you've held
There's so much beauty out there to behold

Yeah, the sun's on us

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 23/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 23/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 30 December 2019 02:43:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Circles
Genre(s): Pop, Synthpop
Length: 3:56
Producer: Cutfather, Freedo

Circles is a song recorded by Australian-British-Irish boy band Weekend. It serves as the eleventh and final track from their third studio album. The song was written solely by Dustyn Blue-Conners. Production of the track was handled by Cuthfather and Freedo. "Circles" is a pop track driven by '80's-influenced synth line and crashing beats, creating a dramatic and atmospheric soundscape. "Circles" has been described as a "brutally honest" moment not only on the album but among Weekend's entire discography. It is noted for its references to drug misuse. The song's lyrics see the boys addressing the chaos of their lives in the spotlight and their growing fears, citing; self image problems, substance abuse, fatherhood and the vicious circle of emotions they constantly endure. They also refer to life itself as a "circle game", a never-ending experience regardless of who is playing.

The track was entirely written by Dustyn Blue-Conners, with him also arranging the melody and chords. He originally wrote the song as a way of letting out his thoughts and feelings; never intending on the song to be heard let alone be recorded by the group and included as the album closer. Blue-Conners was initially hesitant about the inclusion of the song due to the heavy and personal lyricism; especially regarding the third verse. The lines "Sink into the coke, throw me up out of my seat/Gotta be front row, I hate those damn nosebleeds" explicitly reference Blue-Conners' previous addiction to the substance. The band, though always honest in lyrics, are usually more implicit and ambiguous when telling stories. Dustyn feared that the concept would be too jarring for listeners. When it was decided that the record would actually be included, the group reached out to more pop-leaning producers to give the song a far more uplifting and euphoric tone in comparison to the darker lyrics to alleviate some of the content and also encompass the highs as well as the lows in the circle game of life.

"This is probably my favourite track on the record and one of my favourites I've ever written. It initially started as just a flow of thoughts on paper. I was writing just to write. I wasn't thinking about suggesting this to the band so it's why it contains a lot of very personal and dark lyrics. I first sent it to Riley just for an opinion and he suggested that I put it forward for the project. I went back and forth with the idea for a bit and I eventually went ahead and played it for everyone. It seemed to resonate, just like Poster Boy did. We live a very...chaotic life to say the least. It's not all doom and gloom and we're entirely grateful for what we have but there is this seedy underbelly to fame. Even when you accept it and handle it for a while, every so often, the dirt rises and impacts your life. Whether it's a scandal, paparazzi, someone sleazy within the industry or just stresses...it creeps in from time to time and you can't escape it. Once you're famous, you're famous. It's a vicious circle. Even if you quit the industry altogether, people will still want a piece of you. That's what I wanted to get across in the song. It just goes around and around again. You're happy, you're sad, you're stressed, you're terrified, you perk up...it's the same over and over again. It's odd knowing what the rest of your life is going to be like. I think it was the perfect way to end the album. We go on this ride, experience all these different things and then it all comes back around again. Full circle."

Circles

All
Billy
Dustyn
Oscar
Riley
Scott

Sometimes I take it too far, do a bit too much
Sometimes I see a hero, sometimes it's sheer disgust
Promise I'll be good then I'm twisted in the web
Not sure how I got here or what's in my own head
The ice is wearing thin, the shard's so serrated
But the bite from the blue leaves me so invigorated
Gotta chase the splendour

It's sink or swim as we jump into the overflow
Face the bitterness above or the murky depths below
Have another heart to heart with a fading reflection
Seems I got a one way ticket in the wrong direction
No wonder I screw my mind until I lose control
Need to leave the trash behind, alleviate my soul
Gotta bathe in the splendour

No, I'm never ever going back
Swore to myself time and time again
That I'm no longer gonna play that part
Arms are growing tired circling the drain
But then the rush comes, it blows my tiny mind
I buckle up, think I can handle one more ride
And it's round and round in circles again

Sink into the coke, throw me up out of my seat
Gotta be front row, I hate those damn nosebleeds
Power through another night feeling all misty-eyed
But playing with the boundaries makes me feel alive
I should listen to my inner voice, it's resounding
I should cut this off, every nerve is pounding
From chasing the splendour

And even though, even though I talk that talk
I'm still somebody's boy who's scared of the world
Wish the monsters in my closet didn't want to play
I have my own kid, I should be chasing his away

And no I don't, I don't wanna run before I walk
But apprehension builds, it's a race against the clock
Still looking for the rule book, not sure how to play
Hope I get my head around this twisted circle game

No, I'm never ever going back (Ooooh, ooooh, yeah)
Swore to myself time and time again (oh, time again!)
That I'm no longer gonna play that part (Ooooh, oh, oh)
Arms are growing tired circling the drain (Around the drain!)
But then the rush comes, it blows my tiny mind (Hey, yeah, eh)
(Yeah, hey, ahhh)

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 30 December 2019 05:40:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

stephaniewazhere on 30/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#14 Posted : 30 December 2019 03:02:29(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Making this album has been an experience that I'll treasure forever. It has been a labour of love. From scrapping entire projects, to running a business behind the scenes, to changing nappies again - this process has been a LONG and often interrupted one but I wouldn't change it for the world. I learned so much about myself over the last few years and have grown immensely as an artist during the conception of this album. I know I'll be forever proud of this body of work and I'm glad that we FINALLY get to share it with you!

First and foremost, I would like to thank my beautiful husband Dallas as well as my gorgeous boys; Shay and Koa. You guys keep me going. You make me the best version of myself that I can possibly be. The abundance of love and light I feel for and from you...I can't put into words. Dallas, thank you for putting up with the late nights and me crawling into bed at the most ridiculous hours. Thanks for also listening to me moan about how tired and stressed I am. You've witnessed it all firsthand. Not so easy being in a boy band, huh? I love you x

I'd like to thank everyone who works at Pesky. You might not have been directly involved in the process of this album but our label does take out a huge chunk of my time. It can be strenuous and laborious. Thank you to everyone who helps to keep the place running like a well oiled machine. Everyone is important and I'm eternally grateful for you all.

Shoutout to the wonderful bunch of producers we worked closely with on this record: LosOscuros, Cutfather, Freedo, Andrew Watt. We wanted to keep the circle small on this record; creating a tightknit and intimate vibe throughout the process and on the final outcome. Your talents are greatly appreciated. Thank you for helping to bring our tracks to life. We may have written and conceptualised them but you guys made them what they are. You pushed, challenged and championed us throughout the creation of the record. This album wouldn't be what it is without you.

Mr Erich Hess, thank you for being such a great friend and father figure to me. I don't think you realise just how important you are in my life. Your outlook inspires me and our crazy nights out really help me to escape the strains of this life. Thank you for being a sounding board and for being that friend who doesn't judge me when I throw up after a few too many Guinness! Also, cheers for just nodding along when you don't understand my accent and for still being my friend after all the farts I've let rip in your presence. Hehe!

To my Weekend boys: Billy, Riley, Scott and Oscar. I love you dearly. You're not just band mates and business partners to me. You're brother. You're best friends. I'm so proud of what we've achieved not just on this record but over the years. It's been one hell of a ride! I know you are all as proud of this album as I am. When we started out, we were the joke of the industry. People took it upon themselves just to throw hateful comments our way purely because we were a bunch of young guys making pop music. We could've let that destroy us. We could've let a LOT of things destroy us, let's face it. Yet...here we are! Love you guys. Here's to album 4!

Last but far from least; the fans! Thank you for being so patient. We are very much aware of the fact we take forever to release albums, haha! We juggle a lot of things behind the scenes but at the heart of everything is you lot. We wish to make you proud. We wish to deliver top quality content. I hope you enjoy this album as much as me and the boys loved making it. Thank you for your continued support after all these years.

Thank YOU for reading this and picking up a copy.

Love, Dustyn.

UserPostedImage

I'd like to dedicate this album to my parents; Beverly & Michael Hamilton. Everything I have is because of you. What you did for us is endless; your love - unconditional, your advice - never ending and extremely wise. I am the man that I am today due to your love and guidance. To my everlasting light throughout this wonderful universe; a heartfelt thank you. May you rest in peace eternally and your souls continue to shine among the stars.

Granddad Jim, your prayers keep me. Mum always said that I adopted my positive attitude from you, haha! Thank you for the gifts, the phone calls, the Christmas and birthday cards, the undying support and...just being a wonderful grandfather. Oh and don't think I don't see the selfies of you with fans doing the rounds on Twitter! You're such a humble local celeb haha x

Chaelin, what can I say? I love you. That three word sentence doesn't seem grand enough in comparison to how I really feel about you. Thank you for your constant love, support and all the laughter and happiness you bring into my life. You make the bad days good and the good days great. With our busy schedules, we don't have the most conventional relationship but we make it work. Thank you for the late nights, the words of wisdom, the FaceTime calls that always break up every 2 minutes, the long flights, the constant packing and unpacking of suitcases, the foot rubs, pretending to like vegan alternatives and for just being there. You're a wonderful person.

My little boy Orson. Thank you for bringing so much joy into my life. I've achieved a lot of the years and have stories to tell for days on end but what I'm most proud of in this life is being your father. You're a great kid. Nobody can spell out the alphabet quite like you!

To my siblings; Victoria, Leah and Michael Jr...you still annoy and tease me but I wouldn't change that for the world, even at our big ages. We don't get to see each other as often as I'd like to but whenever we meet it's utter carnage. I love it! Nothing has changed between us. Thank you for still seeing me as Riley; nothing less and nothing more. You have no idea how much that means to me.

Thank you to the talented producers who jumped on board with us. I learned so much from you all and I'm still pinching myself over the fact that I PRODUCED songs on this record. WHAT??! An experience I'll cherish forever. Thank you for trusting me and for bringing the best out in all of us.

Now it's time to thank my four brothers; Scott, Dustyn, Oscar and Billy. We started this journey EIGHT years ago and I can't believe how far we've come. Literally went from; boys to men, young hopefuls to accomplished artists and from goofy teens to somewhat mature adults and FATHERS together. It's been a ride and a half. You're all truly talented beings and I thank you for sharing your time with me.

Finally, I would like to thank our fans - you're the people who have made my dreams come true! You spend your hard earned money on us. You stay up until crazy hours to catch us on TV or to hear a song premiere. You break records for us. You have whole social media accounts dedicated to us. You spend your TIME on us. You don't have to and we do not expect you to but...you do! You go hard! It's honestly the most bizarre yet humbling feeling. When we started out, we didn't expect to take off like we did and we certainly didn't expect to earn such amazing fans. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued support and loyalty.

UserPostedImage

Another album. Wow. There are many people who believed we would never get to this place, myself included. This is the band who just keeps on surprising, huh?

Mum and Dad, I'd like to thank you first as I literally wouldn't be here without you. We won't get into the gory details. I know how it all works. You guys are my strength, my backbone and true inspirations. You have always guided, taught, supported and believed and loved in me. I can't begin to thank you enough for the sacrifices you have made for me, Gillian and Emma. I love you both with all of my heart.

My sisters, Gillian and Emma, you have grown into such wonderful women. As much as I hate to admit it, I learned a lot from you two while growing up. Even though I was the typical annoying little brother, I still had a lot of love and respect for you. I just had a very peculiar way of showing it. Thank you for putting up with me throughout all those years. Despite hectic schedules and living further apart, we've actually grown closer over the last few years and I appreciate that beyond words. Thank you for your belief, honesty, love and above all, just being yourselves.

Eilidh, I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the support over the years. It's a brutal life at times but I can always guarantee that you'll put a smile on my face at the end of the day. I honestly would lose my head among all this madness if it weren't for you and the sunshine you bring. You're a true ray of light in this chaotic world.

My beautiful babies Roo and Rocco. I have been truly blessed in life. Fatherhood changed me for the better. You are wonderful little being and gifts that just keep on giving. My heart is so full as a father. Throughout all the glitz and glamour, always know that you two are forever my world. Daddy loves you!

To the folks at Pesky, thank you for helping us over the years. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it and it all seems so effortless on your part. We have an incredible working environment and I just want to thank you for the positive energy you bring each and every day.

Our glam team: Kerisha, Christian, Karin, Cynthia and Warren, you're angels. Thank you for making us look sharp and not half dead after a whole 45 minutes of sleep on a bus. Also, I'm sorry that you're permanently smelling of hairspray. A lot is used among us five.

John, our tour manager. Thanks for keeping us organised and in fits of laughter. You're the best.

Thank you to LosOscuros, Andrew Watt, Freedo and Cutfather for joining this project. It was ambitious to create such an intimate record on such a large scale. It really could've backfired but this is our best album yet. Your talents are never ending. Thank you. You play such a huge part in our success.

Riley, Dustyn, Scott and Billy, we did it! This album really took it out of us but, as always, we persevered and got the result that we wanted, maybe even beyond expectation. Extremely proud of this record and this little band. We've grown artistically and personally. It's such a joy to see and reflect upon.

To our supporters, I hope you're enjoying what you hear on this album. We did something a little different and really opened up on these songs. We wanted to give you our all since you give us yours. Thank you so much for being part of our journey and dreams.
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 30/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), erich hess on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#15 Posted : 30 December 2019 03:06:21(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Not great with sentimental words so I'll make this quick.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in the process of making this album. Took forever and a day but we got there in the end. Sounding pretty f***ing good too if you ask me.

Firstly, I'd like to thank YOU. Thanks for buying this album and helping me to pay my bills. You don't get these thank you notes on streaming services so all the cheapos won't be able to see this. They don't get a thank. I'm kidding...sort of. Anyway, without the support from our fans we wouldn't be here. I dread to think where I'd actually be in 2019 if I hadn't joined the band. This is a pop album so I'm not going to go all morbid but in my mind, it ain't a pretty scenario I'm conjuring up.

I'd like to thank our vocal coach Georgie for making most of us sound somewhat halfway decent. We can't all be showstopping vocalists like Yoko Ono, can we?

My four best mates: Dustyn, Riley, Scott and Oscar. I do love you. I might be a d*** at times but that doesn't mean I love you any less. Sometimes you just deserve it. Sometimes I'm in a terrible mood and don't know how else to handle things. You aren't afraid to give it back to me with both barrels and I love that. You care and I need the tough love from time to time. Will always have love for you through good or bad. Even after arguments over what food to order to the office, Scott's smelly socks, the questionable decisions we make and f*** knows what else in the tour bus, hotels and generally whenever we're in close quarters. We're a dysfunctional bunch.

I've expressed enough emotion. I'm off to go yell at some puppies and steal candy from babies.

Cheers.

UserPostedImage

First of all, I'd like to thank God for blessing me with my gift of singing. Secondly, I'd like to thank my father for passing on his sense of humour to me.

Can't believe that I'm actually writing out these thank yous. Felt like we were never going to get here. Setback after setback. It wouldn't be a Weekend campaign without drama though, right?! In true Weekend style, we got here in the end with all guns blazing. What an album this is. At the risk of sounding cocky, my God we're a talented bunch! With that, I'd like to thank all of the people who made this album possible. From the wonderful producers we brought in, to our sound engineers, to our programmers, to our backing band. The boys and I worked hard to piece together this album but those pieces wouldn't fit perfectly without you all. Thank you for making "Welcome to the Real World" what it is - AKA our best album yet!

Jennifer - I love you. We've been through A LOT together. The media, fans and even a lot of friends only know the tip of the iceberg when it comes to everything we've endured and overcome together. I want to thank you for your constant love and encouragement. We lift each other up and that's all I could ask for. You're immensely proud of me and that works both ways. You're an incredible woman, wife and mother. I'd be lost without you. No pressure there, luv x

Finn - My darling baby boy. I hope you read this when you're older. I pray you think your dad is cool enough to listen to. I love you dearly. There isn't a word that suffices when it comes to the adoration I have for you, my wonderful little boy. I thought my life was pretty great but I never felt as fulfilled as when you came into the world. I hope to set a good example and to make you proud. You're my everything.

Mum & Dad - You're pretty awesome parents. The way that you always believed in me is something I'm forever thankful for and it's something that I'm only just REALLY appreciating. I like to think that I've always been very grateful but lately I've been sitting back and reflecting over stuff and I've come to realise just how much faith you had from the jump. A lot of parents wouldn't have made the sacrifices you made for me. I love you.

Arianna & Sophie - My wonderful baby sisters. You're alright, I guess! Seriously though, I have an infinite amount of love for you. You've grown into such beautiful, intelligent and inspirational young women. I'm so proud of you. Although, no matter how old you are, you will forever be my baby sisters and I'll always be your idiot big brother. That isn't changing. Ever.

Oscar - Thank you for being my best friend. Yes, I did start thinking of The Golden Girls theme tune there. Thank you for all of the cheeky drinks and silly nights out that we've had over the years. You know the ones! Sharing my time with you has been a blessing. There's never any bull**** with you. Thanks for just being genuine, making me laugh and sharing great times with me.

Riley - Mr Hamilton, I can't even describe how much I love you. You're a beautiful person inside and out. Don't tell Jen I said that! Thank you for being there to talk to and listening to not only my own problems but seemingly everyone's. You're such a good soul. Your words of wisdom always resonate and you've been a rock through so much. Thanks for the daily inspiration. "THINK POSITIVE!" haha.

Billy - You're a true question mark of a human being, haha! It's hard to put into words. We've had our ups and downs but the strength of character and good it has done us in the long run cannot be exceeded. You're a firecracker. You make me laugh until my body physically hurts. You have my jaw on the floor a lot. You're Billy and I love you. I'd also like my earphones back x

Dustyn - My baby brother. Look at you! You've grown so much (as a person and artist, you're still a shorty for real!). You inspire me to no end. The growth you've shown over the years floors me. You're such a strong, talented and wonderful human being. The way you tackle life has me in awe. You're small but mighty. You're such an incredible person and deserve the world. Love you, little one!

Domino's - Thank you for keeping us fuelled during LOOOOONG and late recording sessions. Thanks for getting the orders right almost every time.

Weekenders - I actually hate that name and none of us coined it. Don't know who is responsible but guess we're stuck with it. You're more than fans. You're friends. You're extended family. What you do for us is indescribable. We're the luckiest guys on Earth. Thank you a million for sticking with us through it all and putting up with our s***. Hope you enjoy this album and here's to many more!

Edited by user 30 December 2019 05:43:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 30/12/2019(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/12/2019(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/12/2019(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/01/2020(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/01/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/10/2020(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#16 Posted : 30 December 2019 06:28:41(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel: I can admit I secretly listen to the Weekend in the shower while I’m shampooing my hair. This album is a BOP!!! Great way to start 2020 Dancing

OOC: I gotta say that album cover is one of the best I’ve seen on here! From what I understand the band in real life is no longer together but you somehow manage that blend them well in the now! Aside from that this album was a bop lol from start to finish, great job :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/12/2019(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#17 Posted : 30 December 2019 09:46:12(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
OOC: I 100% believe that this could be a real album. You are meticulous down to every detail to make it seem that way, and you deserve all the praise for that. The stand out track for me was One For the Road, loved the chorus and the writing in it. Your energy and drive is so commendable to put this much thought into this for us to enjoy. Thank you!
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/12/2019(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#18 Posted : 30 December 2019 23:53:09(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: i will pay for this album to be launched into space and towards alpha centauri. There will never be a better example of human culture.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 31/12/2019(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 03 January 2020 19:10:04(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Cara: I'm a huge fan of you guys and this may well be your best effort so far. Most boy bands have a couple of "hit songs" and ten boring run of the mill tracks. For as long as I've listened to you guys, you've always brought together incredible albums and this is no exception, may even be the best one so far. You've grown so much over the years and even though you've all been a dream for the various tabloids and news websites and had your share of controversy, your music has always stood up for itself. Long may you all continue to do this on your own terms. Much love!

OOC: You've always gone into the most detail on here and it's no different with this. It's a lot more difficult to put in that sort of effort these days because you're not competing with at least three other album threads at once like you used to be doing back in the day. There's maybe four album threads a year if lucky, so to still put in that amount of detail and effort when you really don't need to shows your dedication to your characters. Great work as always!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 03/01/2020(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#20 Posted : 22 January 2020 01:11:05(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Amazing job on this awesome album RP!! I can see you really took your time to really plan out each track. The albums flows nicely and there is a lot of substance and storytelling in your lyrics and descriptions. I can tell you wanted this album to really mean something and it shows from start to finish. Wonderful :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/01/2020(UTC)