logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 10 October 2020 03:45:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8551 time(s) in 2683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Good evening Isabel. You’ve taken a break in recent years, are you glad to be back?

Isabel: Hi, Cara. Thank you for having me! Yes, it's been so good to be after all these years. I feel like a little piece of my life has been restored back. (Laughs)

For those that aren’t aware, you’ve had some difficult times during that period away from the spotlight. How are things going in your life right now?

Isabel: Things are going much more smoother I guess is one way to describe it? I don't think you ever truly get over something as traumatic as what I went through but you can make a choice to either decide to carry on or not. With my family and friends, they helped me to have a more positive outlook on life and health, which I know given the current world circumstances is probably unimaginable but possible. Right now I've been able to seek help and pick up healthier coping mechanisms and adapted to healthier choices. So I am in a much better headspace.

You’ve been around in the industry for a very long time, a lot of people don’t like to take breaks for fear of losing an audience and momentum. It seems to be happening a lot more these days which is a good thing. How important do you think it is for artists to take time out to maintain their sanity?

Isabel: Oh, I am completely for artists taking breaks. I think what we need to take time for ourselves and preserve ourselves as well. Of course, a lot of us want to be available for our fans all the time or at least be that safe space but as much as we would like that, we also need to recharge. You can't do your best if you aren't at your best. There were a lot of times when I was first starting out that I thought, 'I just need to work super hard and push myself to the limits every time or I don't really want this' and it wasn't healthy.

While I was taking a break, I felt so strange because I was used to, you know, waking up early every morning, going to the dance studio or recording studio or gym, getting hair and make up, doing interviews and filming videos or preparing for a photoshoot, etc. But I was used to that so it was just ingrained in me. When I stopped doing that for a few years, it felt so...like it wasn't stressful but it just felt so calming. After a while I learned to take small breaks and take time for myself and family. When you tour and release music for years, back to back, with maybe a few months in between? It can make you feel insane. I will always be on the side of taking breaks (Laughs) We need to have fun and get away sometimes too. I was worried that my fans might not have been able to stand the silence for so long but I realize they have this loyalty I've never known before and I'm excited they are still here.

Obviously you made your return in spectacular fashion at the FCA Awards, how difficult was it to be on such a huge stage for the first time in years? Did everything just come back naturally to you?

Isabel: I was super nervous because I had not performed in years prior to that event. I hadn't even really practiced as hard as I would if I was active so I was of course concerned about the stage rust and having that connection. Would people still be interested in seeing me singing on a stage? Then apart of me was hoping nobody had figured out that I was performing but I think I'm pretty good at keeping secrets. (Laughs) Once I got on the stage, I had a little bit of jitters still but once I walked out and saw everyone, my body just instantly remembered and knew where to go, what to do, how to move, it was amazing.

And of course you dropped a brand new song in the aftermath of the show. It went to number one as everybody would have expected. I’m sure you wouldn’t have been expecting it, but how did it feel to know that you’re audience is still there and as supportive as ever?

Isabel: It feels very reassuring! And it gives me the confidence to know that if I need to take another break or anything that my fans will still be there for me, and that's all anyone could ever ask for really.

The industry has changed so much over the past few years. What do you think about the current state the industry is in? It seems to be on the rise following a brief decline for a couple of years.

Isabel: I think it's in good hands. I recently saw on Twitter like a list of different generations of artists both male and female, and a lot of people were like doing these analysis of what separates each generation and all of that. I think each generation is able to bring something different to the table and elevate the industry a little bit more each time. Things change, there are always newer topics to talk about, people find different muses or get inspired by things they weren't before, life changes so you can't expect the industry to stay the same either. Plus, I think everything going on in the world right now a lot of people needed to process what was happening or like me needed a break. Personally, I'm interested to see the new talent and what they create.

It’s part of your upcoming singles collection which I’m sure will be a massive hit too, but I’m sure your fans will be wanting to know if a brand new album is in the works?

Isabel: Thank you! Yes, it's basically an album with hand picked songs across my career that I know were some of my most successful and some fan favorites that I know a lot of Izzybells want to see the light of day again (Laughs) And also a few new songs that I recorded just to kind of help get to a blank canvas and start my next chapter in my career. I am also working on a new album with all totally original songs (Laughs) but that most likely won't come out until next year so this year is just strictly for nostalgia and reminiscing with my fans.

We all know the industry has changed a whole lot since the last time you released new music with a lot of new faces. Is there anybody out there right now that you’d love to work with?

Isabel: I still want to work with Andrea! For some reason, it just hasn't happened yet. Our paths just do not cross and I do not know which stars need to align but I will try to align them myself! (Laughs) But I'm always open to collaborations! I like the challenge of having to figure out how to combine 2 or more different artists' styles and creativity to create something.

Let’s talk a little about your personal life, we know you’ve been in a relationship with Joey Simonsen for quite some time. It’s been difficult for a lot of couples during lockdown, how are things going between you guys?

Isabel: Oh yeah, personal woo! (Laughs) I won't lie, being together all the time did really test us in a lot of ways. I love him to death but sometimes you do need your own space for not just my sanity but his also. I know lots of people are like 'Oh you're stuck in your big mansion, just go on the other side of the house.' And that did work for a while but sometimes it's just the feeling of being almost trapped in your own house. And I love my house but you want to go to other places and have a change of scenery. I am grateful he is really patient and luckily it didn't cause us to hate each other or anything. It really did bring us closer. Things between us are great. It was a tough few years for us but I think we have adjusted well to married life.

Since returning to the spotlight, you’re probably considered one of the more experienced artists in the music industry, do you have any advice to some of the younger artists that may be in the same shoes you once wore?

Isabel: Hmm...I think right now my advice, which I probably have changed a million times, but I would say...enjoy everything. All of the small moments, all of the moments where you're creating and doesn't seem that important but one day you'll look back and think about what was going on while you were recording your most beloved song. It can go by so fast so enjoy all the little moments, and be a fan. If someone inspires you or you're a fan of them, don't wait 5-10 years to tell them, let them know. We all know life is short and we should spend it how we want to and without regrets. Have fun and don't get stressed out over unimportant details, make the music you want regardless of what the charts say, what the critics say, and what your label tells you. And please, please take breaks. Your body is literally your life so you need to take care of it and photoshop is real. (Laughs)

One of the best aspects of your talent was always live performance. Could we expect to see you touring again when all of this craziness blows over?

Isabel: Yes, hopefully! I love performing and I love being able to see my fans in person so hopefully. If not then I will definitely adjust and do what I can to still deliver the content and messages I want.

Alright, it’s time for some AfterDark questions. Are you ready to have a little fun?

Isabel: Yes, I am completely ready to get in some trouble maybe. (Laughs)

First of all, you’ve worked with some huge names over the years. Who was your favourite to work with?

Isabel: Hmm....I think mISTER_b. We really clicked so well together and we were able to twice together. He's really sweet and when we work together he just knows what I want and if I didn't know I wanted it to sound that way then after he plays it for me I instantly love it. I hope to work with him again in the future!

Who would you say was your least favourite to work with?

Isabel: I don't really have anyone in mind! Everyone was pretty easy to handle and work with. Thankfully, I didn't have any bad experiences along the way.

A lot of people’s career’s have faded out over the years. Which artist do you miss the most?

Isabel: There's so many artists that I genuinely wish they would release like one more album or song or anything but I know one of my absolute favorite was Aimee Christelle. She was just my favorite. I loved everything about her. Her songs were and still are a mood, I love her pet tortoise, her attitude and outlook, she was one of the few artists that I believe was completely genuinely herself and managed to get a following just because she was talented care free. I would love to have worked with her.

When you started out in the industry, you were associated with the tag “F.Y.T” that included yourself alongside a bunch of other young artists on the rise. If that was to be brought back, who do you think would be in that group?

Isabel: Ooh...well I guess I would say maybe Tika Mays, Payton would definitely be apart of it, I'm not sure what the cutoff time would be (Laughs) But to be fair in our group there were artists who debuted at different times, plus it as just a fun thing among us friends, nothing actually serious. I would also say maybe Joshua Grimmie, Kara Romero, those are the names I can think of off the top of my head so far. And they would each bring something unique to the group as well.

Who do you think will rise the highest out of the current crop of artists we see in the industry today?

Isabel: Well, I am certainly no fortune teller and sometimes the industry can be unpredictable but I would say it will be a girl group. I just have a feeling that with so many newer girl groups and old ones returning little by little, they will definitely take over.

And final question, who’s career do you see sinking like the Titanic?

Isabel: Hmm....Hayden if he doesn't get back to recording music (Laughs)

We have a special treat tonight, Isabel is gonna head over to the stage and perform a little something something for you all. Stand to your feet and turn your TV's volume up real loud for Isabel!
thanks 8 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 10/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 10/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 10/10/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/10/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/10/2020(UTC), FiveT on 10/10/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 10/10/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/10/2020(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2020 03:46:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8551 time(s) in 2683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The performance starts off with the sound of a guitar playing behind Izzy as she sits in a thinly lit room. The setting is intimate and not as grand as her usual performances. This time Izzy wanted to deliver an acoustic performance of her new song in order to show a different side of her performances. She mainly only performed alternative versions of her songs on tours and at concerts but she decided to try it this time on a live performance after her interview. Without having to be distracted by the sparkling lights and tricks, she was showing that even in a more humble setting, she was completely dedicated to her art and delivering her songs as best she could. It was no secret that Izzy was not known as a vocal powerhouse but she was able to perform her songs like no other. She had a few songs where she was able to focus more on her emotions and how she delivered versus the production and that was essentially what she wanted to accomplish with this performance.

As she sat there, letting the guitarist behind her play, she felt like she had all of the confidence in the world at that moment. She could have played guitar for herself but she was not that confident in her skills yet. She delivered a performance that was honest and true while also having fun. At times she would change up her delivery for certain lines and you were able to hear more of her vocals than usual. One thing she was very strong in is her low notes and being able to deliver them effortlessly. While she was challenged sometimes during her higher notes, that didn't stop Izzy from enjoying herself.

UserPostedImage

===

[Verse 1]
Mmm, you know it’s not easy (no)
To cast me away so freely
Leaving you feeling so incredible, on your new pedestal
They say that I’ve got a way of making you one of a kind

Love it when you look uncomfortable (uncomfortable)
Drives you crazy you can’t tame me like you thought (like you thought)
Every time you get a little taste
It leaves you in that place
Before you know you’re past the point of no return

[Chorus]
Just like that you’ve got me under watchful eyes
And just like that without me you can’t make it through the night
Slowly you’re falling, don’t know what to do
More than a muse, your thoughts I’ve consumed
I can’t promise you won't come undone (oh)
We can’t get enough
You’ve run out of (luck)
You better run
Before I eat you up
We can’t get enough
You’re all out of (luck)
Go on and run
While it eats you up

[Verse 2]
You’ll have to excuse me (yeah)
Cause I ran all out of empathy
No matter how much we both give and take, its written on your face
You say that you are so done but we both know that’s a lie

Always sitting on the tip of your tongue (of your tongue)
Try to compare but you know that there is none (there ain't none)
And I know you hope I’ll fade away
So you don’t take the blame
But my scent is all that you’ve ever known

[Chorus]
Just like that you’ve got me under watchful eyes
And just like that without me you can’t make it through the night
We can’t get enough
You’ve run out of (luck)
You better run
Before I eat you up
We can’t get enough
You’re all out of (luck)
Go on and run
While it eats you up

UserPostedImage

[Bridge]
I’ll send you deep into the end
Spiraling so close to the edge
I’ll sleep so good at night as you toss and turn
It’s a lesson learned

[Chorus]
Just like that you’ve got me under watchful eyes (I see your eyes)
And just like that without me you can’t make it through the night (ni-i-ight)
We can’t get enough
You’ve run out of (luck)
You better run
Before I eat you (up)
We can’t get enough
You’re all out of (luck)
Go on and run
While it eats you up

Acoustic Version Sounds Similar To:
thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 10/10/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 10/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 10/10/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 10/10/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/10/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 10 October 2020 08:10:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erich: aimee christelle was great. i like to imagine her and that turtle are still doing fine. possibly one of the only cool french people i have ever met. which is really like,i dunno.. about 4? we just cant seem to get booked in france.

Erica: whoa...isabel is married?! when the fuck did that happen?! call this woman an ogre,because she has layers. layers for days.

nina: isabel always has a performance in her back pocket. some cakes have strippers,some jeans have performances in them.

gretchen: when doing the stripper/cake thing...cook the cake before putting the stripper in it. so many tragic losses in the industry.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/10/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/10/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2020 23:51:09(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: Izzy, I can't believe that "Recovery" is over 6 years now, when I look back It's inevitable to think about the anxiety of meeting you for the first time, you were so huge and I was trying to find my way in the business, but the moment we had in the studio made me realized that you were just as sweet as everyone else always said you were. I'm m so greateful for that time and to be in 2020 and see the woman you have become it's even more extraordinary. I'm excited to go back to your catalogue to revive the nostalgic old days through your music. Whenever you feel like working with me again just "zoom me". BTW I'll never get over the F.Y.T wave.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 10/10/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/10/2020(UTC)