logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2020 14:46:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: December 21st, 2020
Genre: Pop, R&B
Length: 9:44
Language: English
Label: Five Pesky Kids
Producer(s): Sunny Monroe, Eris Montoya

Background/Description
Warmest Wishes is an extended play by pop singer Serenity Scott. The song features 3 tracks which Serenity announced was available for download and streaming on all musical platforms on December 21st, 2020. It serves as the singers first release in more than 5 years. Serenity teased the project on twitter earlier on the 21st and would later release it later that night.

The EP features collaborations with Jennifer Armstrong and Eilidh. The former being the most surprising as it was noted the pair had reportedly fallen out with one another due to unknown circumstances. The EP serves as a winter release with a theme of Christmas as well as winter, romance, and mental health.

Message From Serenity:
"Happy Holidays everyone! I am happy to be releasing this project I've been working on in secret! I wanted to get some music out this year because it has been so long so I hope you all enjoy my little creations. I love winter and the holidays so the ep is centered around this magical time. I wanted to make some fun and catchy songs to listen to and also I wanted to shed light on that while everyone may be getting into the holiday spirit, some people don't feel as happy as others, and that's okay. I think with the help of my good friend Jennifer that we captured that message also. Also, thank you to my good sweet friend Eilidh for lending me her vocals and overall joyous attitude during our recording sessions. I hope this ep will bring some comfort to someone, somewhere but most of all I hope that you all will be excited for the new year and all the new adventures and music it will bring. Enjoy, love you all!!"

Tracklist
1. Warmest Wishes *
2. Bury You (Under the Snow) Feat. Jennifer Armstrong
3. Bring Me Joy Feat. Eilidh
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 11 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/12/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 22/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 22/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 28/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2020 14:47:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Genre: R&B
Length: 2:41
Producer(s): Sunny Monroe
Writer(s): Serenity Scott, Sunny Monroe

Description
Warmest Wishes is an R&B track with hints of trap in the beat. The song was written by Serenity and Sunny Monroe and serves as the lead single off of the EP. It sets the tone for the rest of the EP, giving us a taste of what to expect. In the song Serenity sings about possibly a past relationship where she admits she thinks about around this time of year for some reason. Instead of having bad thoughts or regrets, she instead wants to wish the person 'Warm Wishes' which is pretty self explanatory in the lyrics. With the short, almost 2 1/2 minute song, it almost leaves the listener wanting more but instead of prolonging the message and possibly watering down the short and sweet taste that is left in the listeners ears, she decides to have a beautiful orchestral instrumental serve as the last impression.
Vocally, Serenity sounds amazing as if she has been improving with her techniques and not afraid to explore around with her vocal abilities. In the past, we haven't heard many harmonies or memorable vocal moments from the singer but that changes with this song or it's at least a start. The nice and sleek production also enhances the quality of the listening experience. Rather than being drowned out by an overly produced record, she compliments it nicely and shows she can shine with the best of them.

I know we aren't together, you probably don't think of me anymore
There's no need for conversations about my situation or yours
I don't mean to be sentimental
Lingering thoughts of our potential
Its got me feeling like being polite
First snow fall tells me the time again
I don't even care if it's only because of the season

I'm wishing you the warmest wishes
warmest wishes
warmest wishes, for you this Christmas
warmest wishes
warmest wishes

Not sending any signals
There is no confusion
You're all up in my energy
Something about the holidays
They fill me up, nostalgia overcomes

I don't mean to be sentimental
Lingering thoughts of our potential
Its got me feeling like being polite
First snow fall tells me the time again
I don't even care if it's only because of the season

I'm wishing you the warmest wishes
warmest wishes
warmest wishes
warmest wishes

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

2001clay on 22/12/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/12/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 22/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/12/2020(UTC), erich hess on 22/12/2020(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/12/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/12/2020(UTC), kandii on 28/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 19/02/2021(UTC), FiveT on 19/02/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2020 14:47:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Genre: Alternative Pop
Length: 3:50
Producer(s): Eris Montoya
Writer(s): Serenity Scott, Jennifer Armstrong

Description
Bury You (Under the Snow) is the second track of the EP, taking a slight turn from the cheery and cool sound from the previous track. It also features Jennifer Armstrong who adds another layer of vulnerability and realness to the song. This song has production from Eris Montoya who is most known for being manager and songwriter for Eilidh. The alternative pop song gives a more grim spin to the holiday season and tackles the subject of seasonal depression. It starts with Serenity singing about how she is known for being someone who has a good time and generally a happy person. She also references being able to mask it when she's online with the "I can make it disappear with a touch of my hand" alluding to how people can present themselves however they want with a simple chain of words. She then goes on to refer to her feelings as being buried underneath the snow, another reference of the depression during winter. Again, the lyrics are not too above the listeners ears to figure out what's going on. Jennifer makes her presence known more with her verse as she sings of wanting so desperately to make it go away and how exhausting it is to deal with.

Production wise, the song is built around the initial electric guitar strums and doesn't seem to progress much further than that with the occasional synth beats coming into play. Serenity and Jennifer both deliver their lines in a way that makes you truly believe they are desperately trying to avoid the events each winter but failing every time.

Jennifer Armstrong Serenity Together

You could say I'm the poster child for a good time
If there's adventures to be had, you'll always find me in line
I've gotten real good at painting that smile on
Any doubts you may have had are probably gone
I can make it disappear with a touch of my hand
Convinced myself long enough to do it on my own

And that's just the way it goes
I'll bury you under the snow
And nobody has to know
I'll keep up appearances
So they won't ever have to guess
What's going on through my head
Lately, I've been dreaming and wishing again
But the season puts me in my place
Every year I don't know how I'll make it out alive
But I do just about every damn time

If I hold my breathe maybe it will all just go away
If I close my eyes maybe I can fast forward to another day
I'm running in circles like a hamster on a wheel
It drives me up a wall
They told me the bigger you are the harder you fall
And yet I feel so small

And nobody has to know
I'll keep up appearances
Lately, I've been dreaming and wishing again
But the season puts me in my place

And I'll mention to my friend
I've been having those thoughts again
Nothing seems to soothe me like it did back then
Each time, I feel just a little bit closer to the edge but I'm all out of gas
My brain's just laughing at me saying 'We'll see how long that lasts'
Maybe it's a nightmare or a game
I'll cry for you even if I can't explain

Waiting for the spring showers
To wash it all away

And nobody has to know
I'll keep up appearances
I'll lay it to rest, but I wont forget
Everyone's excited but I'm forced to feel regret

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2020 14:48:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Genre: Pop
Length: 3:13
Producer(s): Sunny Monroe, Eris Montoya
Writer(s): Serenity Scott, Eris Montoya

Description
Bring Me Joy is the final track of the EP, giving it the final touches and sprinkling the ep with enough holiday cheer for everyone. The song is sweet and simple, beaming a message of happiness. The nice 'doo wop' feel also gives a nice touch and compliments both Serenity and Eilidh. It is probably the most holiday song of the trio and will leave listeners with a nice, homely feeling after listening. The lyrics mainly surround the singers crooning about how just having the other person with them is enough and the, whether unbeknownst to them, bring them the most important gift of all during the holidays; joy.
Now the production is also something that makes the song even more enjoyable with the harmonies bouncing back and forth between the two vocalists. During the choruses, there's even a nice choir that accompanies the ladies. Serenity's warm tone with Eilidh's sweet and airy soprano notes is definitely an eargasm. Both girls have their own individual moments where they playfully show off what they can bring to the track vocally. Overall, it's a nice Christmas themed song that closes out the ep nicely.

Eilidh Serenity Together

I know I don't say it enough
Lately I've only been filled with your love
Yes it's true
Even the fireplace could never give me that
Warm, fuzzy feeling
Silver bells I'm hearing
What we have got is just such natural chemistry
And I promise you
You are more than enough

Your love is all I have known
Don't want to let it go
How can you make me so into you even more and more?
But you can't figure it out
Why I'm never filled with doubt
At the end of the day there's only one thing I ask for
Just bring me joy

(Just bring me joy)
(Just bring me joy)
You bring me joy
(Just bring me joy)
(Just bring me joy)

Dress me up in diamonds
You'll say that my smile is the brightest in the room
But it's true
Nobody else in existence could ever make me
Feel like I'm flying
Kisses got me dying
You know I'm in love with all of our history
'Cause I promise you
You are more than enough

Your love is all I have known
Don't want to let it go
How can you make me so into you even more and more?
But you can't figure it out
Why I'm never filled with doubt
At the end of the day there's only one thing I ask for
Just bring me joy

(Just bring me joy)
You bring me so much joy
(Just bring me joy)
You bring me joy
(Just bring me joy)
You bring me joy
(Just bring me joy)

You're bringing me jo-o-oy
(Just bring me joy)
I am so joyful
(Just bring me joy)
At the end of the day
Just bring me joy

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2020 23:17:49(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Vanity: I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas, but there's something about the charm of some new Christmas songs rather than the same old played out ones that excites me, just the thought of new Holiday Christmas classics being born. You and Eilidh sound like angels together, and though "Warmest Wishes" is so sweet and will certainly be on every Christmas playlist for the years to come, the depth and meaning in "Bury You (Under the Snow)" just really makes it so special in my eyes, this time of year can be hard for many and you made the perfect song to represent that. So good to hear your voice again! X

OOC: Yay for new Serenity music! This was such a clever way to ease her back out there, Christmas songs aren't the easiest to write and there aren't usually many that are posted on here each year, so this is such a cute little EP for this time of year. Love it! :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 22 December 2020 23:42:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17915 time(s) in 10409 post(s)
Erica: who influenced warmest wishes? How dare they not think of serenity?! They made a powerful enemy, whomever they are.

Nina: love,you have no idea who it is and I seriously doubt serenity will tell you.

Erica: she doesn't have to. As a parent,I have a direct line to Santa. This person is getting sooooooooo much coal in their stocking. And ass.

Nina: japan must have traditions much different then england. That's weird,Erica. The ass? Really?

Erica: I have a contact on the inside. A disgruntled elf who does freelance work. He'll put coal wherever you ask. For a price.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 23 December 2020 08:35:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I love how innovative this is! I dare to say this is the first original Christmas project on the forum? At least from what I remember! This was super clever, cute and a fun way to bring Serenity back. I love that you pushed boundaries here and offered a quick bit of some really sweet and luscious Christmas music. Nice to see Eilidh and Jen back around for this as well. Really enjoyed what you did here :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline 2001clay  
#8 Posted : 23 December 2020 10:22:47(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Carolina: Wow thank goodness you release this Ep cause this is my favorite so far

Rina: Um... You mean our favorite so far

Carolina: Oh yeah right our favorite my bad *Laugh*

Rina: *laugh* oh Carolina you so cute

Jasmine: Even though i love this ep but i want her album!!!

Lisa: It's alright Jasmine *laugh*

Jasmine: awww that why i love you

Lisa: I know

Vanessa: Awww you look adorable already so anyway we love your ep Serenity & we can't wait to hear more music from you

OCC: Great Job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 26 December 2020 19:57:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Cara: I'm not a big fan of Christmas songs in general, at least the old ones that get played over and over every year but I don't feel like these are Christmas songs in that sense. I think the key is for them to not force the Christmas element down people's throats. These are very real songs that tackle very real emotions that happen to reference Christmas. It's an emotional collection of songs, beautifully written and delivered and I also loved hearing Jennifer's vocals once again. Serenity, this is a really great re-introduction for you and I definitely can't wait to hear what else you have planned in the coming year!

OOC: Great work on this! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#10 Posted : 27 December 2020 12:24:45(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Radio: Okay first of all— HEY MY DOLL! I’ve missed you, that lovely voice and beautiful face, so glad you showed this mother fuckers who you are. Literally woke up to a notification on my phone telling me that you released new music and I must say darling—the whole vibe of this EP is you! It’s fits you perfectly with the R&B influences in these records. It goes so well with your warm vocals. I’m so proud and happy for your return. Call me sometimes!

OOC: I kept rereading the songs because I enjoyed every minute of it. Serenity is one of my favorites on here since the beginning of her career. A great way to get her back into music. Amazing job!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/12/2020(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#11 Posted : 28 December 2020 02:43:58(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19119 time(s) in 7590 post(s)
Mercedes: I was also going to release a Christmas EP but with delivering billions of gifts all over the world and working on vaccines, I just couldn't find the time in my schedule! Glad one of us girlies managed to drop something though. I do enjoy festive music but I looooove when it merges with stuff like R&B and pop, giving it a little more funk rather than the typical choir sounds or incessant sleigh bells. As a fellow hard-working woman who consistently tries to push the envelope in music, I greatly admire and appreciate this move. It's also just lovely to hear your voice again. Welcome back, babes!

OOC: For the past 3 or 4 years I've been saying to myself that I want to do an original Christmas project but it's too hard. End up falling into the cliches and there's only so many times I can mention snow and gifts before losing my mind RIP. THIS is what I've failed to achieve. Such a great, tightknit collection of songs that obviously feed into the holiday theme but still stand up on their own as wonderful songs. Totally not jealous. Also, it's great to see Serenity back! Very clever and interesting way to reintroduce her!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/12/2020(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 30 December 2020 09:21:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Dae Ho Park: I love christmas music with every bone in my body, I'm not even shamed to admit I listen to it no matter what time of the year it is LOL The music is just always so lighthearted and joyous but then the vocal melodies come in to give it that uneccesary but totally necessary dramatic gospel sound. I really appraciate when an artist steps out of the box and doesnt sing the same 5 christmas songs too, the classics are the classics but what the people really need is some modern xmas jams and Serenity, My lady, the execution of this project was just perfect. Your voice is so soft and sweet on this project, it reminds me of an angel. I'll be sending my haters the warmest of wishes from now on.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 30 December 2020 22:40:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: I'm not a fan of Christmas until I got my ears into these three precious songs. It's hard for me to dive into the general pop genre, you know I've been to that place before, but it's been so long since I've turned into the dark side of the force (the rock music). Let me just say that your collaboration with Jennifer is marvelous. As a whole, I was taken by a roller coaster loop, from happiness to sadness and to numbness, Am I right? I dunno. It just felt like good music for a winter snowy night and I'm down for that. Let me take my glass of wine and listen to this EP again. Great job here
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2020(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#14 Posted : 19 February 2021 05:00:25(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
RRH: Maybe it's because most of the country is in some crazy deep freeze but this EP is the vibe right now, as the kids say. Whether you want to call this Christmas music or not, the best songs transcend past seasons. These are three tracks and that can be spun any time of the year. Having two songs feature some of the strongest, most brilliant voices in pop music in Jennifer and Eilidh, alongside an already skilled singer-songwriter, only enhances everything that's great about this. Cheers, Miss Serenity.

OOC: Major props! Christmas/holiday songs are not easy to write at all. I tried maybe 11-12 years ago and gave up on the project after I was bashing my head trying to get something down that fit the vibe. You made it work perfectly here! The fact that you were able to include other themes along with the overarching winter vibe to it is quite impressive. This is fantastic.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2021(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#15 Posted : 19 February 2021 08:59:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: Don't know how in the world I missed this release but as others have stated, Holiday albums or EP's are incredibly difficult to execute. How you managed to do it is really amazing. Wish I would of caught this when I was in the holiday spirit ;) but still great to catch up on! This will definitely go down as a classic!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2021(UTC)