logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 01 January 2021 05:18:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: “Brutal Love”
Artist: Madison
Format: Music Video
Release Date: December 31, 2020
Length: 4:58
Genre(s): Electro-Pop, Synth-Pop, Pop
Label: Studio60 Records
Directed By: Cara Zayn, Sara Brie-Loren
Premiered On: Vevo / Apple Music Videos / YouTube

The music video starts with a close up of Madison with tears rolling down her cheeks and her long blue hair looks to have been cut shorter, there’s an eerie silence at the beginning of the video as Madison stares directly into your soul with tears in her eyes and says, “Why does love have to be so fucked up. It’s like I’m forever drawn to the people that are bad for me, only turned on by the thrilling games that we play with each other. But the chaos that I seem to create for myself will be what kills me one day.” She closes her eyes and places something over the camera so that the screen immediately turns to black.

UserPostedImage

The music begins with a keyboard driven electro-pop sound as the video shows Madison with her long blue hair indicating that this video has taken a jump back in time to before the confession and the drastic cutting of her long blue locks, exiting a vehicle outside of what looks like a dirty back alley club, there’s bikers parked up and men in white tuxedo’s hanging by the door, vintage cars in the distance as Madison shuts the door to her vehicle behind her and looks ahead at the club. She’s wearing an opened button down shirt and a golden bikini top as she walks over towards the club, she looks at a couple of men standing by the door in their white tuxedo’s and gives them a knowing nod before they step aside for her to enter the establishment as the opening lyrics of the song began to be sung over the video, “I don't like them good girls/I don't want them sweet and humble/I like them complicated/I like the ones that always stumble/Tattoos on their bodies/Their mind's like fucked up crazy/Addicted to the bad things/I like em' fucking dirty.” The electro nightclub anthem feel to the song seems to fit what you’d expect to hear in a club of this nature.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

As Madison has arrived in the club she sits by the bar and gestures to the bar tender for a drink, he pours the drink and pushes it across the bar to Madison and gives her wink before giving a nod of his head towards the center of the room, indicating that there’s something there for Madison to take a look at. She looks across the room and it becomes evident that she’s in an underground strip club, she makes eye contact with the young girl performing and looks her up and down, it’s clear that she knows the performer as she takes her glass of whiskey and downs it. The music continues to play out over the video, ”You say this will end in tears some day/But we both know neither of us can walk away/Addicted to the thrill we love so much/You always leave me wanting more...”
In the video she gives a knowing nod to the girl and the girl looks away and continues performing. Madison then stands to her feet and rushes over to the girl, she grabs her by the wrist and rushes out of the room and through a door at the back of the club.

They’re standing together in the dressing room, you can’t hear what’s being said over the music but you can see Madison and the girl shouting at each other and both looking worried. Madison pushes the young girl up against the dressing room wall and stares into her eyes before passionately kissing her, making it clear that they’re two dysfunctional lovers in the story. Madison then steps away and mouths the words clearly, “We’ve gotta go now!” which see’s the pair start throwing everything into two large red travel bags with gold handle straps, there’s a gun in one of the drawers that the other girl grabs and places in one of the bags and Madison looks shocked and angry for a few seconds but doesn’t have enough time to question it as they both zip the bags closed and rush out of the dressing room and out of the bar through a back exit. The music continues to play over the video, slowing the energy down slightly during the chorus, “Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/I just want your body laying next to me/Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy.” as Madison and the girl jump into a vehicle that’s waiting for them before it speeds off.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The car speeds off and is immediately being pursued by another car, there’s shots being fired at Madison’s vehicle as they both continue to speed through the streets as the energy of the song picks up again. Eventually after a couple of quick turns around some street corners and few tricks they manage to seemingly lose their pursuers and Madison and the other girls emotions change from fear and panic to relief and joy as they managed to escape. Although you can’t hear what they’re saying they’re yelling joyfully at each other and Madison leans over towards the backseat and pulls the other girl in for a kiss. The other girl pulls out a joint, lights it and takes a drag before handing it over to Madison as the song plays, ”Smoking so much weed/Running on no sleep/Telling pretty little lies/Making promises we can't keep/Always with the bottle and pills/If we don't fuck with each other/Then some other chick will.” and the video turns black for a second to indicate a time lapse.

We’re then returned to the video as the sun begins to come up and we’re now in the morning light, which see’s Madison and her girl in much more high spirits, joyous and passionate as they make eye contact with each other and can be seen laughing and talking, they both look relieved more than anything and Madison leans back out of the window of the car letting her hair blow in the wind creating a lasting image from the music video.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The screen goes black and we’re given another time lapse as it’s now night and the two are seen outside of a different nightclub, again you can hear what’s being said but the pair are shouting at each other, they start pushing each other and screaming at each other as the music continues, “You say this will end in tears some day/But we both know neither of us can walk away/Addicted to the thrill we love so much/You always leave me wanting more...” you see the continuing fluctuation of their emotions as they go from screaming and fighting with each other, to hugging and seemingly asking for forgiveness. Emphasising the theme of the songs lyrics about dysfunctional love, they passionately one more time before walks away from the girl leaving her alone and seemingly putting an end to this dysfunctional relationship once and for all. As the music slows down for the chorus once more, Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/I just want your body laying next to me/Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy”

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The video cuts out once more and we’re now at the original location with Madison in her apartment, she’s looking into the mirror and running her hands through her hair with tears in her eyes. The music cuts out completely and the video goes silent before Madison repeats her opening words, “Why does love have to be so fucked up. It’s like I’m forever drawn to the people that are bad for me, only turned on by the thrilling games that we play with each other. But the chaos that I seem to create for myself will be what kills me one day.” She closes her eyes as the music kicks in for one final moment and the lyrics can be heard, “A love like this is killing me, love like yours is thrilling me.” before the chorus comes in one final time, [i]“Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/I just want your body laying next to me/Brutal love/Will this end in tears for us?/Addicted to your ways just like ecstasy”
as she takes a pair of scissors and she begins cutting her long blue hair as she stares directly into the camera before the video fades to black.

Credits & Personnel

CREDITS

Directed by Cara Zayn, Sara Brie-Loren
Written by Cara Zayn, Madison Urie, Sara Brie-Loren
Produced by Sara Brie-Loren
Filmed on Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, California, USA

Madison Urie – herself
Lucy DeValle – love interest
Charlie Hawks – bartender
Devon Williams – pursuit guy #1
Mark Anders – pursuit guy #2
Matteo Di Luca – strip club attendee

PERSONNEL

Madison Urie – actress, writer, concept artist
Cara Zayn – director, writer
Sara Brie-Loren – director, writer, producer
Lucy DeValle – actress
Charlie Hawks – actor
Devon Williams – actor
Mark Anders – actor
Matteo Di Luca - actor

OOC: I've never been good at doing the music video thing, which is why I never usually do these things so please be kind hahah

Edited by user 02 January 2021 18:42:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 01/01/2021(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/01/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/01/2021(UTC), erich hess on 01/01/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/01/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 15/02/2021(UTC)