logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2021 09:11:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Naomi
Title: Dreams
Genre(s): Electronic, R&B
Length: 3:20
Writers: N.White, C.Zayn
Producer: SHANGHAI
Label: FivePeskyKids
Album: TBA, Q3 2021

"Dreams" is an official single released by American singer/songwriter Naomi White. The song was released on April 25th, 2021 through FivePeskyKids and serves as a second single from the currently untitled upcoming debut solo album by Naomi, slated for Q3, 2021 release. The record was first performed on April 23rd, 2021 at the 8th annual Fan Choice Awards, with many in attendance calling the performance one of the best of the night. Naomi also went on to win two awards at the Fan Choice Awards. The first being for Sexiest Female in which she won for the second time in a row and another for Best Music Video for "The Rhythm". "Dreams" was written by Naomi White and Cara Zayn, with production coming from U.K based electronic producer known as "SHANGAI". "Dreams" lyrics are both inspirational triumphant, as it's about following your dreams while offering lyrical content that is personal to Naomi's rise to stardom, in which she had to follow her dreams. The lyrics also go on to speak about how "life is never what is seems", which sees Naomi touch on fame and the music industry as well as her tough start and tumultuous experiences in girlgroup SYNCO. Despite it all, Naomi makes it clear that through the hardship, you should always "dream big" and "go hard" because through her experiences now when she "step[s] onstage and tear it up/And they’re screaming the word [she's] written she goes onto say "I’m thinking I’ve f-cking made it/There ain’t no way that I’m gonna fall/Follow your dreams, queen" which offers truth to her words and pushes the narrative forward that you should always follow your dreams because "you can be anything you wanna be". The song offers more depth and context, then previous record, "The Rhythm" which was a strong record in itself, but Dreams offers more context to Naomi's experiences while speaking out to the general listener to push forward and making someone of yourself, no matter the circumstance.

"Dreams" was recorded in February of 2021. As Naomi continued to work on her studio album and looking at the success of "The Rhythm, it was important for her to push boundaries of her sound and continue to move forward with experimenting with different sounds. In "The Rhythm", Naomi wanted to mix in the soft sounds of her voice with vintage 80's synth pop and modern Miami bass, calling upon The Wolverines to create the seductive record. For "Dreams", Naomi wanted to push boundaries even further and offer a sound on her next record that hasn't essentially been offered by a female artist. Having an inspiration from the bass heavy sounds of the U.K, Naomi and her management began searching the U.K for underground dance producers who could work with Naomi's angelic vocal style and create an electronic record that also stays on the line of R&B. After a few weeks listening to different beats from a wide variety of artists, one producer, Shanghai really stood out to Naomi. She felt as if his eclectic beats would be perfect for her vocal and for a dance heavy performance and video. After meeting with the U.K based artist, they began thinking of the initial sound for "Dreams". A few weeks later, Naomi entered the studio with Shanghai in England's "Soho Sonic Studios", where the record was recorded over a three day period. In the end, the two fast-paced U.K garage dance and R&B track that packs a heavy punch, while still raising the stakes and intensity of her proposition to "follow your dreams". The record starts off with a proclaiming opening house beat for a few moments for Naomi offers some spoken words.

In the opening lines of the track Naomi says: "You see me?/I had a dream..../It's your.../Turn now/Follow your dreams/Be who you wanna be..." where she recalls having a dream of having a star, and eventually going on to trying out for The Big Search, where she rose to stardom. After the spoken words are heard, the song breaks into a hypnotic U.K garage beat that is both eclectic and offers a different range of sounds, yet still being easy to follow. Naomi's angelic, soft vocals mix perfect with the house beat, as she has an urbanesque tone and vocal style that is authoritative and strong, but still compassionate and warm. As the beats continue to offer an extremely catchy vibes, additional beats as the song makes it to the pre-chorus. When listening it sounds as if the song is getting bigger as Naomi sings Money, glory, vanity, fame/Welcome to the real hunger games/Paparazzi, magazines/Life is never what it seemed/But I had to follow my dreams" as Naomi sings about the "fame game", calling it "the real hunger games" while also mentioning paparazzi and magazines" but she still mentions that she had to follow her dreams.

After the prechorus is heard, the song breaks to the hypnotic chorus where Naomi's angelic votes sings the chorus where she sings out: Cause in your dreams, in your dreams/You can be, anything you wanna be/You can see, you can see, anything that you wanna see/Make it a reality, you see it in me?" calling for listeners to make their dream a reality. In the second verse, Naomi gets personal, where she sings I’ve been down and out/I’ve been forgotten, I’ve been rejected/Felt like I was nothin’/I’ve tried hard and failed/But I got back up/And now I’m onstage/Tearin' it up" which can be linked to her days in SYNCO or possibly even before, as the singer sings about being rejected but, now she's on stage "tearin it up" giving the message that you should never give up. Another highlight of the track comes in the bridge, where the some of the bass heavy productions instrumentals stop for a bit with just the backing beat and bass and Naomi sings: Cause’ when the lights go down/And the music starts up/I step onstage and tear it up/And they’re screaming out the words that I’ve written/I’m thinking I’ve f-cking made it/There ain’t no way that I’m gonna fall/Follow your dreams, queen". Which sees look back at it all, where's arguably one of the most talked about singers in music today and that there's no way she's going to fall, and because of this you should follow your dreams, "queen". The song has one final chorus before it comes to her hard punching finish.

"DREAMS"

"You see me?
I had a dream....
It's your...
Turn now
Follow your dreams
Be who you wanna be..."

Dream big
No one can tell you slow down
Go hard
No limit on what you could do
Give a go, don’t let go, don’t say no
Give it a try, don’t say goodbye, not tonight
Don’t let go of all your dreams
Go head and get your name up in lights

Money, glory, vanity, fame
Welcome to the real hunger games
Paparazzi, magazines
Life is never what it seemed
But I had to follow my dreams

Cause in your dreams, in your dreams
You can be, anything you wanna be
You can see, you can see, anything that you wanna see
Make it a reality, you see it in me?
In your dreams, in your dreams
Follow your dreams, queen

I’ve been down and out
I’ve been forgotten, I’ve been rejected
Felt like I was nothin’
I’ve tried hard and failed
But I got back up
And now I’m onstage
Tearin' it up

So don’t let go
Cause you and me we both know
Happiness
Is right we're you're headed
So give it a go, don’t say no
Don't let the haters, stop your flow
Don't let em know, don't let em know
That soon you're bout to blow
So don’t say goodbye
Don’t let go of all your dreams, tonight
Go head and get your name up in lights

Money, glory, vanity, fame
Welcome to the real hunger games
Paparazzi, magazines
Life is never what it seemed
But I had to follow my dreams

Is this what we're looking for?
All of the anticipation
All pays off at this moment

Cause’ when the lights go down
And the music starts up
I step onstage and tear it up
And they’re screaming out the words that I’ve written
I’m thinking I’ve f-cking made it
There ain’t no way that I’m gonna fall

Sounds Like:

RELIVE: Naomi's showstopping performance of 'DREAMS' at The Fan Choice Awards VIII

Edited by user 26 April 2021 16:56:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/04/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/04/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 26/04/2021(UTC), erich hess on 26/04/2021(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/04/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/04/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 27/04/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/04/2021(UTC), kandii on 01/05/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/05/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2021 09:27:13(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Midnight20: Naomi we love your new song "Dreams" & we can't wait to hear your album come out!

Diego Lopez: Damn Mami this shit is fucking bop already man & congrats on winning your 2 awards

OCC: Nice work on Naomi she just came out like WHAT?! I'm Here To Stay! So great job
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 26/04/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2021 15:08:41(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: No cap... is that what the kids say these days? I've been on TikTok way too much lately. Anyways! Your performance at the FCAs was incredible. Easily one of the highlights of that evening. You owned that stage. Now getting a chance to listen to this song, it's telling on how you've grown so much as an artist since your SYNCO days. A lot of the same compliments I can give Layla Sanchez ring true with you because you're both cementing yourselves as the leaders of popular music going forward. World domination is in your near future because a song like this is too damn good to go quietly. The message of it will resonate with a whole new generation of people, specifically girls, who will listen to this and in five years we will be talking about them taking that stage and blowing everyone away. You have a fan and supporter in me. You ever need someone to add a little guitar to the mix, call me up. The industry is in good hands with women like you at the helm.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 26/04/2021(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2021 00:47:45(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Yumi: This is so good!! I think I've become a stan after watching you at the FCAs!! You literally never miss. Love you, queen!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 30 April 2021 23:42:40(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Midnight20: Naomi we love your new song "Dreams" & we can't wait to hear your album come out!

Diego Lopez: Damn Mami this shit is fucking bop already man & congrats on winning your 2 awards

OCC: Nice work on Naomi she just came out like WHAT?! I'm Here To Stay! So great job

Naomi: @Diego Thank you! it was a fun night, glad I got to spend it with you. 💗

OOC: I had to do what I had to do! Lol, thank so much for checking this out.

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: No cap... is that what the kids say these days? I've been on TikTok way too much lately. Anyways! Your performance at the FCAs was incredible. Easily one of the highlights of that evening. You owned that stage. Now getting a chance to listen to this song, it's telling on how you've grown so much as an artist since your SYNCO days. A lot of the same compliments I can give Layla Sanchez ring true with you because you're both cementing yourselves as the leaders of popular music going forward. World domination is in your near future because a song like this is too damn good to go quietly. The message of it will resonate with a whole new generation of people, specifically girls, who will listen to this and in five years we will be talking about them taking that stage and blowing everyone away. You have a fan and supporter in me. You ever need someone to add a little guitar to the mix, call me up. The industry is in good hands with women like you at the helm.

Naomi: I really appreciate these words, Ryan! Yes, the girls are out here killin it. I'm finally out here spreading my wings, there's so many things that I want to do and can't wait to do them. It's nice to know you believe it me! I'll make you proud 🤩🤩

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Yumi: This is so good!! I think I've become a stan after watching you at the FCAs!! You literally never miss. Love you, queen!

Naomi: Yay girl! Love you more, best of luck to you and to you and your career! Appreciate all the support xoxo

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
PANIC! on 01/05/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 01/05/2021(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 01 May 2021 20:46:02(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Poppy Dawn: This song is like milk, it's so smooth and nice on the ears. Love how the song is called dreams and the production just sort of puts you in a trance. Amazing, baby.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 03/05/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 02 May 2021 06:37:00(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19112 time(s) in 7584 post(s)
Jamie: Dreams do come true, baby! Just look at you flourishing, sis! It makes me so proud to see you absolutely killing it on your own. I'm younger yet still feel like a proud mama haha. Don't keep us waiting too long for album of the millennium, hun!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 03/05/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 08 June 2021 23:24:15(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Alexis: Nay, there will never be a moment where I'm not on your fucking hype train, girly! Shit blew up fully in 2020 for you and yet you just shrugged it awf and said "oh honey, we're only getting started". Then you come with this! RnB done perfectly with a pulsating electronica beat, you already know I'm sold on that shit! Cannot wait for the album! But feel free to just keep teasing us all for as long as you choose, we all enjoy it!! xD