logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RadioVine  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2021 09:30:37(UTC)
RadioVine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Follow Me
Genre: Pop/Alternative R&B
Produced by: James Ives/Radio Vine
Written By: James Ives/Radio Vine
Length: 2:45
Label: Studio 60 (previously released on label)
Formats: Streaming, Digital Download, Airplay, Apple Music. Spotify.
[Audio is available in Lossless Audio]
Album: Vineyard

Follow Me is the fifth single from the sophomore album, Vineyard. The song was produced by James Ives, that was also was apart of the creative direction of the record. The song is the vocal point of the storyline of ‘ finding ones self yo discover the deepest darkest moment to yourself” The sense of lossless in the depths of who Radio is, the projection of such a troubled women is the loss in herself, her illness being the path she walks on, her head full of endless directions. Her life is in a crossfire between good and evil. The track is its own sequel, continuing on from record, ‘Seeds’.

‘Seeds’ is the canvas in the storyline, meanwhile you have ‘Follow Me’ as the brush. Painting visuals, that Radio focused on doing her creative process. She expresses her love for one self, while also finding the one self to be powerful or weak. Trying to find one self during a dark and twisted lifespan of her relationship, career and self care. She takes the listeners on a journey with her, now it’s rocky and during the ride, you may come across the dimensions of her personality and emotion rollercoasters that makes it harder for her to come into full terms on the black energy that surpass her love life.

Follow Me is the single in response to Radio’s disappearance surrounding her toxic relationship with her ex.

CONCEPT/ARRANGEMENT

The creative direction was hints on the idea of following someone you don’t know or not aware of. During the listening of Vineyard, Radio is looking though her self worth and life to discover who she truthfully is during her transformation from Radio to Destiny. Obviously- two different personalities leading her into the tunnel of the unknown and scary. Her hands leading herself to anything beyond what she has seen before in the past, the old baggage comes back haunting her. The track begins with the sounds of footsteps, walking though this thing we call ‘life’ she planted her seeds for her flowers to grow within herself, finding the beauty of growth and self assurance. The flowers begin to grow, only taking it an well to get the proper love and attention it needs to successfully grow.

The footsteps, that continues on to her dark and eerie vocals that works well with the eerie production, that echos of the footsteps really creates a idea of hopeless and be finding her DESTINY. The dark vocal that were highlighted during ‘Seeds’ returns back in the beginning arrangement of record. It slowly and nicely transmits into her soft lighter vocal, it blends like honey with falsetto notes that are increasing in power in the background. The steps begin to fade with the head voice falsetto notes.

The lighter vocals are added during the first few seconds of the instrumental. James Ives mastered the final edit with her more deeper vocals going into the first verse and leading off to the chorus. Her under tones of her notes are light, her tone is heavy and dark, adding the dark texture to her lower notes often controlling her range with the pitch of the instrumental. The trance sounding beats in the background, warming up to her mixed lower and higher notes picked up from Seeds vocal arrangement. James needed both records to be in great comparison to each other to continue to advance the storyline. The vocals in the beginning sound afar, sounding as if Radio is far away from the reality of the music. She sounds drowned out from her vocals but effective enough to hear her vocals reaching deep in her soul to powerfully sing the opening lines of the record.

The second verse pitch is higher and it’s more louder as she belts over her leading vocals during the second verse. “ Follow me, follow me’ portion is pitched the same when the vocal track got louder, Radio falsetto is barely heard blending in with the production in the background. The last chorus then switches the lead vocal to Radio falsetto in a high chest register leads the chorus to the ending of the track. The vocals slowly begin to fade away still hearing the eerie emotions vocally. Seconds later after the vocals begin to fade away slowly, the ending arrangement cars are being heard passing by as if Radio is looking to get away from the life of hers. ‘ Peace Knockers’ instrumental is heard crushing into the background as the sounds of cars mediate into the fine soft vocals.

The song effects reaches the thought process of Radio being on her way to find herself and to finally blooming into her fully foam of her growth and happiness.

LYRICS
[Written By, James Ives | Radio Vine]

Follow me where you don’t wanna go
Follow me to deepest water flow
Follow me to the end of the road
Where I hate to see you go

Depths of diapear
Curious to see you go
Until a place where no ones knows
But you and I

Hate to see you walk away
From this mind of mines
It’s troubling
I know I’m little hard to please
Make it easy for me
To go completely out of mind
Do you like the adventure inside?
Never know what to expect
Until you look in my eyes
Follow me follow me

Follow me
Inside the darkness where I stand
I know it’s a little scary
To know your love is somewhere
In the depths of the dark
But I’ll keep you safe
As long as you play safe
I don’t want me to drive you away
But I’m catching no matter the race

Follow me
Follow me
Follow me
Inside the zone
That I know
[x4]

Hate to see you walk away
From this mind of mines
It’s troubling
I know I’m little hard to please
Make it easy for me
To go completely out of mind
Do you like the adventure inside?
Never know what to expect
Until you look in my eyes
Follow me follow me

Can Be Compared to:

Edited by user 23 June 2021 09:33:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 9 users thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
2001clay on 23/06/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 23/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 23/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 23/06/2021(UTC), chaotic_princess on 25/06/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/07/2021(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 26 June 2021 06:47:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Fangz: Love this song 🎶 this entire album has no skips!

ooc: Love the artwork and whole aesthetic of this release :)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2021 03:50:59(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: Radio just won't let up even when missing! In all seriousness though, as much as I do enjoy this song (and find it to be a highlight of an already incredible record), I find it difficult to fully support and champion this release with Radio still not being found safe and sound. Who approved this release in her absence? I know she's no longer with the label...hmm...I just hope all is well and there's no foul play here.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 27 June 2021 05:55:46(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: As I've said in the past, there are no skips on this album. But how is a single being released while the singer is literally vanished... Very odd.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 03 July 2021 18:58:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Madison: This is a little haunting and jarring given the current circumstances surrounding Radio. I know roll-out plans are sometimes set in stone months in advance but this one feels uncomfortable to me. A haunting and beautiful track for sure, but not exactly a priority right now. Let's hope that Ms. Vine is alright and receiving the support that she needs. Mental health is not to be fucked with. Nothing but prayers and well wishes!