logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2022 06:43:40(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Artist: Nick Urie
Title: Demons
Genre(s): Brit Pop, Pop Rock, Rock, Soft rock
Length: 3:00
Writers: Nick Urie, Anna Chima, Karlo Cavlovik
Producer: Julian Bunetta
Label: FREEDOM
Album: Sophomore

"Demons" is an official single released by singer/songwriter Nick Urie. The song was released on August 14th through FREEDOM and serves as the lead single from Nick Urie's upcoming second studio album titled "Sophomore", which slated for a 2022 release. The record follows up from Nick Urie's previous release, a collaboration entitled "Beautiful Nightmare" alongside Mandy Williams which was released in the Summer of 2021 as a single from Mandy William's album "Electrified". Beautiful Nightmare was met with universal acclaim and reached the summit of the Chart Heat Singles chart. Following the release of Beautiful Nightmare, Nick Urie entered the studio to record new material for his upcoming album and a follow up to his debut record. For this album Urie brought in his oft-collaborated producers and new producers as well, as he looked to achieve a bigger sound than that of his debut record. "Demons" was written by Nick Urie, along with co-writers Anna Chima and Karlo Cavlovik , with production coming from California based producer, Julian Bunetta. "Demons" moves away from the "boy next door" styled records that Nick Urie has been known for with his debut record in turn for a bigger, grittier sound. As said by Nick, the songs released from the debut album "The First Time", just scratched the service and that he was intending on making a record this time around that felt more memorable and made more of a statement that of the songs from "The First Time". In an interview with That Music Site in April 2022, Nick Urie had this to say:

Quote:
I want to continue to get through to my fans with this upcoming music and really make a statement this time around. With my first album, I can admit I was scratching the surface because it was my first album, and I was testing waters with the sound that I was going for and I wasn't as confident as I am now. I'd like to think that this album is sonically stronger while still being authentically me. I really open up about some personal topics that are coming from me but are relatable to many people. I also think people will hear the difference as well with this album. I'm definitely more confident know myself better since I've grown so much since I was eighteen years old first stepping out as my own. Sonically "Demons" is more memorable! I think the song sounds "big" in more ways than one. Not only with the production, lyrics and instruments but my vocal performance as well. When you hear it, you'll definitely know where I am coming from.

The First Time was released in the summer of 2020 during the coronavirus pandemic and featured production from Dan Priddy, Mark Crew, Blackwell, Andrew Watt, Louis Bell and Peter Hoffmann among others. This came off the heels of Nick Urie being featured on "FADER" as an artist to "look out for" prompting some attention to be shift to the up-and-coming star. The FADER feature garnered Nick a social media following and over the next few weeks Nick began teasing new music and captioned one specific photo stating "get ready for me". In January of that year, Nick started an SoundCloud account and posted some demos of earlier works from studio session back at home which gave listeners a tease of his fresh, crisp vocals. Shortly after, Cupid was released, and Nick was launched into stardom. The album's lead single "Cupid", which shot straight to number one on Chart Heat Singles for two weeks and solidified Nick Urie as a sure-fire artist to watch and was also a springboard to the release of the artists debut album. The First Time was released that summer and spent multiple weeks atop the Chart Heat albums chart. Nick followed up with the album's second single, "Cliche Love" in June 2020. The track was met with positive reviews as well. The success of the Nick's debut album prompted him to shoot for what was missing in the first album.

Over the next two years Nick Urie entered the studio while writing records for his new album. Despite "Demons" being announced in the Spring of 2022 by Nick Urie after he posted the artwork and taking part in an interview with ThatMusicSite, the single was pushed back for unknown reasons. This prompted fans to speculate that it was due to Nick Urie having label issues with his current label, FREEDOM despite him being the top grossing male artist for the label. Nick took to twitter to settle the fans, letting them know that artists and labels don't always see eye to eye, but to rest assure that "all was well". Two more months passed and, in the August 2022, Mediabase reported that Nick Urie's "Demons" song would be released during the weekend as it was listed to impact radio starting Monday, August 15th. This also came off the heels of Nick Urie tweeting more on Twitter. This was followed up with Nevaeh Martinez taking to twitter to commend Nick Urie on a great new song. On August 14th, "Demons" premiered.

Lyrically, "Demons" discusses the fear to come into one with your inner demons or past but finding that point in time where you need to break out and not "let the demons win". Throughout the record, Nick Urie recalls his own personal faults. His past inability to say what's on his mind and to rather keep things bottled up inside. He also recalls being stuck in his own memories and being afraid of living in his own skin because he knows his innocence is lost. However, he makes it clear that he's ready to break out and face his demons, open his heart and face it all without a shield or weapons. In many ways, this record could be looked at as a coming-of-age record for the now 20 year old constantly plagued with comparisons to his older siblings. However, Nick Urie makes a statement on his very own with "Demons" as the song exudes confidence. Sound wise, Demon's is a concoction of Brit Pop, Pop Rock, Rock and Soft rock. Despite the songs deep lyrical content, the record is still wonderfully catchy. From the very opening, with the toe-tapping piano chords as Nick Urie hums to bring the song in, to the big chorus where the guitar kicks off: "To run away from my sin/I'll never let the demons win" which then drives the song into a heavier, rock tone offering a thrilling ride and a melody as he keeps humming in the background, making the record all the more infectious and effective. Furthermore, the chorus features consistent claps and piano hooks which further exudes the confident and charming vibe of the song as Nick steers toward a more fulfilled rock sound, showcasing his natural growth as an artist.

"Demons"

I've gotta say what's on my mind
My past is killing me deep down inside
Standing on black and white tiles
Tonight I'm not wearing a smile

Lurking like a ghost
In every memory that I own
He knows what I fear most
Is being trapped inside my soul

I might be scared
Of living in my own skin
Cause I know the innocence is lost within
I dare
To run away from my sin
I'll never let the demons win

I'm facing my demons
No shield no weapons
My heart is open
My mind is focused
I'm ready to build myself back up

No time for going back
(Oh na na na na na)
I'm no longer in a place of lack
(Oh na na na na na)
What didn't kill me
Made me stronger
(Oh na na na na na)
(Oh na na na na na)

Never been the talking type
I'm the type to bottle things up inside
Staring in my mirror now
This time I'ma let it all out

It's a world on fire
Even diamonds bleed
Cuz' we're chasing monsters
Living in the deep
Every empty promise
That we'll never keep
Searching for an angel
Just so we could sleep

Yet I'm scared
Of living in my own skin
Cause I know the innocence is lost within
I dare
To run away from my sin
I'll never let the demons win

I'm facing my demons
No shield no weapons
My heart is open
My mind is focused

No time for going back
(Oh na na na na na)
(Oh na na na na na)
What didn't kill me
Made me stronger
(Oh na na na na na)
(Oh na na na na na)

It's a scary place to be
No light, no release
Oh I'm ready to let go
No time for turning back
'Cause I'm no longer in a place of lack
I am abundant
Now that I'm free
Strong enough for all the demons to see

I'm facing my demons
No shield no weapons
My heart is open
My mind is focused

No time for going back
(Oh na na na na na)
(Oh na na na na na)
What didn't kill me
Made me stronger
(Oh na na na na na)
(Oh na na na na na)

Sounds like:

Edited by user 15 August 2022 06:45:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 15/08/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 15/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/08/2022(UTC), erich hess on 15/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 15/08/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 16/08/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 20/08/2022(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 15 August 2022 23:11:39(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17928 time(s) in 10420 post(s)
Erich: I'll tell you one thing that I know,you don't face your demons down. You gotta Grab em,jack and pin em to the ground.

Erich: I may have just quoted the first lines of a Joe strummer song.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 16 August 2022 09:37:14(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: I'll tell you one thing that I know,you don't face your demons down. You gotta Grab em,jack and pin em to the ground.

Erich: I may have just quoted the first lines of a Joe strummer song.

Nick: You know what Erich, just as Joe Strummer said on “Shadow”, you’re 100% right. Take ‘em out!

Nick: Didn’t know I knew about Mr. Strummer eh? I’m an old soul haha! Thank you for listening to my new song man, I really appreciate it.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/08/2022(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#4 Posted : 16 August 2022 09:45:21(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3545 time(s) in 1269 post(s)
Sophia Delaney: “(in Bebe Rexha voice SLAAAAY, Slaaaayy!) I’m so excited to hear what next from you and I’m shaking up due to my excitement so good on you!

Cosmic Blue: We’re loving the new image of you like it take our breath away!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 17 August 2022 10:23:21(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Sophia Delaney: “(in Bebe Rexha voice SLAAAAY, Slaaaayy!) I’m so excited to hear what next from you and I’m shaking up due to my excitement so good on you!

Cosmic Blue: We’re loving the new image of you like it take our breath away!

Nick: Got lots planned! Thank you Sophia, appreciate your support x

NickUrie: @CosmicBlue Thanks a lot guys!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 17 August 2022 10:50:55(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Malik: YES to this, this is right up my street, love the dark vibe of this cannot wait to see what else you have been cooking up in the studio mate
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 18 August 2022 16:29:21(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19145 time(s) in 7603 post(s)
Carter Lee: Ayyyyyyyy babe, I'm so proud of you! You continue to go strength to strength and this is only the beginning. I absolutely adore this track. It's such a rush with its rock and Brit Pop combo. It's like the music my dad first fell in love with when he moved to the UK in the 90s! Oh, and I'll totally help fight those demons with you.

OOC: As always, wonderful work here. Amazes me how you can ALWAYS knock out wonderful songs alongside great descriptions! The sound alike earns you a million brownie points too! Drool
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 20 August 2022 04:44:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Amy: NICK! I've not really had the opportunity to say how very talented you are. I guess you'll always be Matty and Maddie's little bro to me. Crazy how much time I've spent around your brilliant family over the years! But I just wanted to say that this is a wonderful track. Lyrically the content is so introspective and soul searching with a hint of darkness which is so obviously my type of vibe so I'm already on board from that aspect. I must say though, this slightly grittier and edgy rock sound that you seem to be hinting at is very intriguing to me. Like I say, it's just a hint but that's enough to send the mind racing at the prospect of where you could go with this next record. Color me intrigued my fellow wildflower. Love to the family! x