logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2022 00:08:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8549 time(s) in 2681 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “The Off-Season E.P”
Artist: Orion
Release Date: August 21, 2022
Recorded: Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop, Trap, Soundtrack
Length: 21:49
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Producer(s): Orion, DeAndre Patton

“The Off-Season E.P” is an extended play release from American hip-hop/rap trio ‘Orion’, marking their second collection of music following on from their highly successful self-titled debut “Orion” released in January 2022. This collection of songs comes directly from their lucrative collaboration in conjunction with the NFL and the Madden video game franchise as they delivered the official theme for the 2021-2022 season with “Rookie of the Year” with the track featuring heavily on NFL programming as well as appearing on the soundtrack to the Madden 22 soundtrack, alongside “Unstoppable, Unplayable, Unkillable” and “Heavyweight”. The first three songs were delivered for the first year of their two year deal with the organisation and the two brand new songs “MVP” and “Off-Season” officially making their appearance in the 2022-2023 season as well as the Madden 23 soundtrack thus concluding their two season deal which reportedly netted the group $60 million in the process.

As indicated the E.P will feature five songs, two previously released singles and one album cut which was also included on the Madden 22 soundtrack back in 2021 and two brand new singles debuted the day before the E.P release which will feature on the Madden 23 soundtrack. The deal was announced in July 2021 with the first single “Rookie of the Year” being released in August 2021 ahead of the video game release that same month and the season beginning the following month in September.
They enlisted the talents of popular influencer and social media star Sofia “BitchWat” Mendez and Danish model Elena Pinter to appear in the music video as two young people with big dreams, the video went on to be viewed over 120 million times owed to the dual popularity of the group and the social presence of “BitchWat”. The single release also found itself peaking at number one on the singles charts, adding to the groups impressive debut year from 2020 to 2021. The second single “Unstoppable, Unplayable, Unkillable” was officially released as a single in February 2022 and following a previous social media campaign saw the talents of Marina Balan land a featuring spot on the track, the RnB and Rap vocalist had previously appeared as an uncredited vocalist on a handful of tracks with the trio and her fanbase continued to push for the songstress to finally get her opportunity to be a featured artist on one of the groups tracks, this gave Marina an opportunity to show what she could do and how she could hang with the guys, bar by bar. The second NFL single from the group proved successful too with the group netting the number two spot on the singles chart with the effort.

The group took a brief couple of months away from the spotlight, following the release of their debut album in January and their last single in February, taking stock of a very impressive debut couple of years where they spent almost that entire period in each other’s pockets. They indicated that they needed a couple of months to just enjoy life and the success that their debut run had brought to them before regrouping later in the summer. As confirmed, they did regroup and recorded the final two tracks for the E.P and for the NFL contract and followed this up by heading out on tour as support act for Rum and Coke throughout North America at the end of July 2022, their first tour since their debut back in 2020 owing to travel restrictions during the recent worldwide pandemic. The trio continue to tour in support of Rum and Coke as they dropped the final two tracks from the E.P on August 20, 2022.
“The Off-Season E.P” was recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California between August 2021 and June 2022 and was produced by the group alongside DeAndre Patton. The collection of songs will be released on August 21, 2022.

Tracklisting;

1. “Rookie of the Year” (5:12)
2. “Unstoppable, Unplayable, Unkillable” (feat. Marina Balan) (4:38)
3. “Heavyweight” (4:46)
4. “MVP” (3:42)
5. “Off-Season” (4:11)

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Orion, DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by Orion and DeAndre Patton
Recorded at Studio 60, West Hollywood, California, USA

Production Manager: Ignacio Santos
Mixing: Orion, DeAndre Patton, Augustine Francis

PERSONNEL

Brayton “Bellows” Carter – vocals, piano, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Jadyn “Boa” Ghalen – vocals, lyrics, bass, composition, production, programming, mixing
Jamal “Circuit” Ghalen – vocals, lyrics, programming, composition, production, mixing

Marina Balan – vocals - (Track 2 – “Unstoppable, Unplayable, Unkillable”)
DeAndre Patton – production, engineering, mixing
Ignacio Santos – production management
Augustine Francis - mixing
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/08/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/08/2022(UTC), kandii on 27/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2022 00:10:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #01
Title: “Rookie of the Year”
Genre(s): Hip-Hop / Rap
Length: 5:12
Label: Tric Jam Records / Studio60 Records

The track begins with an eerie electronic almost dream-wave indie-pop sound which could be likened to that of something played on a theremin which goes for around eight seconds before the beat comes in, mostly consisting of a drums and keyboards sound with the drums providing the beat and tempo and the keyboards providing the upbeat energy of the song as Bellows talks up the bands hype as he delivers his opening bars, “All the talk in the build-up revolves around us/Green arrows pointing upwards signalling our expected trajectory/The rumours indicating that we’re a definite first round pick/But we know we ain’t just settling for that shit/We’re aiming for first overall/Cause that’s where the real bag is.” which likens the hype surrounding Orion’s debut album to that of the star player of a sports draft, comparing the period before the draft where analysts suggests what order the players are likely to be chosen in, with the first overall pick being the main aim. He continues with the sports draft metaphor as to be expected throughout the entire track, but brings in more universal ideas as he continues, “They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love/So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most/And the experts suggest that our stats don’t add up/But you can’t learn what we’ve got inside/From numbers on a white board/You can’t judge someone’s determination and drive/On stats written down/You gotta see us in the heart of the action/When the clocks running down/And then you’ll realize we’re in the running to take the fucking crown/Cause you already know/We run it up/And then we shut em’ down.”

The trio then mix it up as they deliver vocal harmonies, showing off their ability to sing together when needed as they make it clear that they’re aiming to put everything they have into the opportunities that have come their way on the tracks chorus with it’s general tone drenched in uplift and positivity, a life affirming we’re gonna work the hardest for the thing that we want the most, something likely to be relatable to the mass audience, “You know this is all I’ve got/And I’ve worked my whole damn life for this/Ain’t just here to blend in/You know I’mma fucking go for this/And I’m aiming for the top from the very beginning/On that rookie of the year shit/You know we’re fucking built for winning/On that rookie of the year shit/You know we’re fucking built for winning.”

The song continues throughout with the same backing beat, it’s energetic and infectious continually threatening to go off but always maintaining it’s tone and avoiding the temptation for the song to become a club anthem. More suited to a gym playlist than a club banger, with it’s energetic beat just giving enough to keep you going. Circuit steps up to the plate next, the sport reference fading out a little during this verse as he makes things more personal to Orion’s very own rise, “Where we come from, that’s the shit that drives us forward/Underestimating and overachieving/You should all already fucking know that/Made it to New York on our own dime already running up our road miles/They say if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.” putting reference to their own upbringing which wasn’t full of luxuries as their single mother worked many jobs in order to raise them right as well as their own journey which briefly took them to New York, working in nightclubs and dancehalls.
He continues over the unwavering beat, “But when Hollywood comes calling/With an open suitcase and all the doors flung open/You know we’re gonna take it/Cause that’s where the real bag is/They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love/So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most/Label execs, suits, checks and private jets/It’s a world away from where we come from/But we know we’ve earnt it/From day fucking one.” now referencing the life that they’ve worked for.

The songs chorus comes in again before Boa’s turn to close out the track with the final verse, his deep and aggressive sounding style and flow working well with the tone of the verse that he delivers, “Stated this shit before, already staked our claim/We ain’t just passing by/We’re first ballot hall of fame/We don’t just exist/We’re here to change the fucking game.” referencing an earlier single in which they stated their expectation that by the end of their careers that they’ll be considered a first ballot hall of fame act, again bringing the sports metaphor back in full circle as it attains to the idea that they have a career so good that they find themselves put in the hall of fame the very first year they would be eligible for it, generally a first ballot hall of famer is considered the very best of the best, almost iconic status in their chosen field.
He switches that strong aggressive statement of intent with a slightly more playful ending, “So if you on that come-up, change the playbook up/And maybe try out again/You could make the team next year/With the lessons that you learn.” as if to suggest that if you’re a newcomer looking to break into the industry, maybe take notes from how they have done things so far and they’ll be better placed to succeed. Quickly followed by the songs chorus which closes out the track. Showing a slightly more assertive and self-confident side of the group that’s perhaps been shown in glimpses but not as clearly as this track.

“Rookie of the Year”

{Bellows}
“All the talk in the build-up revolves around us
Green arrows pointing upwards signalling our expected trajectory
The rumours indicating that we’re a definite first round pick
But we know we ain’t just settling for that shit
We’re aiming for first overall
Cause that’s where the real bag is
They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love
So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most
And the experts suggest that our stats don’t add up
But you can’t learn what we’ve got inside
From numbers on a white board
You can’t judge someone’s determination and drive
On stats written down
You gotta see us in the heart of the action
When the clocks running down
And then you’ll realize we’re in the running to take the fucking crown
Cause you already know
We run it up
And then we shut em’ down

You know this is all I’ve got
And I’ve worked my whole damn life for this
Ain’t just here to blend in
You know I’mma fucking go for this
And I’m aiming for the top from the very beginning
On that rookie of the year shit
You know we’re fucking built for winning

{Circuit}
Where we come from, that’s the shit that drives us forward
Underestimating and overachieving
You should all already fucking know that
Made it to New York on our own dime already running up our road miles
They say if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere
But when Hollywood comes calling
With an open suitcase and all the doors flung open
You know we’re gonna take it
Cause that’s where the real bag is
They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love
So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most
Label execs, suits, checks and private jets
It’s a world away from where we come from
But we know we’ve earnt it
From day fucking one

{Boa}
Stated this shit before, already staked our claim
We ain’t just passing by
We’re first ballot hall of fame
We don’t just exist
We’re here to change the fucking game
So if you on that come-up, change the playbook up
And maybe try out again
You could make the team next year
With the lessons that you learn

You know we’re fucking built for winning”
thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 22/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 22 August 2022 00:11:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #02
Title: “Unstoppable, Unplayable, Unkillable” (feat. Marina Balan)
Length: 4:38

Song Description;

The track begins with a strong dreamy electronic backdrop which lasts for around fifteen seconds before the sound of a snare drum hits and a beat begins which immediately changes the pace of the song and ramps up the intensity, lulling the listener into a false sense of security, first up to the mic on this one is Boa as he delivers his verse with aggression amidst the rapid beat, “Come put that shit in my path, cause you know I’m unstoppable/You know I’m always gonna find my way through/Holes in your defence like shit is so obvious/Can’t catch up to my feet when I’m in my flight mode/Your eyes don’t deceive you/Cause the stat’s that you’re reading are true.” which sets up the beat heavy track with what feels more like an intro than an actual verse, but it gives that aggressive fast paced tone that you could feel this track being used for Gym workout playlists and pre-game hype music as it immediately gives that sort of power and energy that fits the idea of the sports energy and fast paced energy of the NFL that the track is promoting.

We move into the first real verse of the track and the energy increases with the addition of some bass to match and complement the sound of the pounding drums, giving a pulsating energy to the track that it requires as Bellows is next to step up to the mic as he blends both the NFL theme of the track to the more personal perspective of relationships and life in general and how he feels people should act, giving the song more of a universal slant than just the general NFL theme alone, “I don’t play mind games, said I’m gonna do it/Then consider that shit is done/Hustled from the bottom and look at what the fuck I’ve become/Raw materials is all it takes to get going/Crowds gather around me cause they know I always bring it home/Yeah, this is what I do/My shit’s on a different level/No doubt or regret/Hand off the pass and you know I’m a safe bet/Run it up, that’s where I’m at/Number one motherfuckin’ running back.” and he delivers this on beat perfectly with intensity as it moves to its next section, “You can hit me with all of that real shit/But you can’t knock me down/I’m steady as a rock/You know I’m built on solid ground/I’ve fucked around once or twice way before you/But that shit don’t sustain me/The way that you do.” which leads perfectly into the next verse.

The beat fades into the background for a few seconds before coming back into focus, which helps to keep the listener focus as the female voice of Marina Balan arrives into the picture, he vocal tone familiar to what we’re used to from her with a smooth RnB vibe but the pace of her delivery and the delivery of her lines on beat provide a new perspective from her as she showcases her ability in the rap game, “Listen, the people spoke and we heard it/People tweetin' and now they earned it /Whole life, bitch been tourin' /Private flights, now a bitch soarin'/I give you life, and you know it/Blaze the line of scrimmage, on my goal shit /Tryna fix what was broken /Cause you can never miss /What was never noticed.” is delivered with a confidence and arrogance that the words demand, blending her own reality into the song before she continues, “Nights like this/From FCA to Chart Heat/From the sidelines to Starfactory/Took centuries just to get on the list/Cycled through change/Now my ego's on remix /Burned through flames/Eagle to Phoenix.” as the beat slows down for the finale of Marina’s appearance, it simmers as her final offering is delivered in more of her RnB style to put emphasis on the message she’s delivering, “Listen, come back two, know my haters hurtin'/Space and time, all rumors, uncertain/Light work fine, brightens the darkness.Life's good, never said life was perfect/I give you life and you know it/Blaze the line of scrimmage, on my goal shit/Tacklin' what's mine/If you haven't noticed/Give a thanks one time /So savor the moment.” which adds the element of inspiration vibes to the forefront of this, using her own personal journey to add to the track and further it’s message.

Before Marina bows out of the picture, we can hear her sung vocals alongside the trio as they can be heard together for the tracks brief chorus, “Man, they say I’m unstoppable/They say I’m unplayable/They say I’m unkillable/But real talk, it takes a King and a Queen to build a kingdom.” which is repeated once more before the beat slows somewhat and Bellows bookends Marina’s verse with one final verse of his own, continuing to play on the positive and inspirational aspect of the track “If you wanna make it/You’re gonna need a bad bitch/That don’t take no shit, that you can fuck with/That’ll pick you up when you’re needing it/Through the best and the worst of all this needless shit.” which leads into a repetition of what he delivered previously, “You can hit me with all of that real shit/But you can’t knock me down/I’m steady as a rock/You know I’m built on solid ground/I’ve fucked around once or twice way before you/But that shit don’t sustain me/The way that you do.”
As the song comes to it’s final moments, we hear Circuit step up and deliver a repetition of the intro to close out the track, “Come put that shit in my path, cause you know I’m unstoppable/You know I’m always gonna find my way through/Holes in your defence like shit is so obvious/Can’t catch up to my feet when I’m in my flight mode/Your eyes don’t deceive you/Cause the stat’s that you’re reading are true” and with that the music immediately comes to a halt as he utters his final words.

“Unstoppable, Unplayable, Unkillable” (feat. Marina Balan)

(Boa)
“Come put that shit in my path, cause you know I’m unstoppable
You know I’m always gonna find my way through
Holes in your defence like shit is so obvious
Can’t catch up to my feet when I’m in my flight mode
Your eyes don’t deceive you
Cause the stat’s that you’re reading are true

(Bellows)
I don’t play mind games, said I’m gonna do it
Then consider that shit is done
Hustled from the bottom and look at what the fuck I’ve become
Raw materials is all it takes to get going
Crowds gather around me cause they know I always bring it home
Yeah, this is what I do
My shit’s on a different level
No doubt or regret
Hand off the pass and you know I’m a safe bet
Run it up, that’s where I’m at
Number one motherfuckin’ running back

You can hit me with all of that real shit
But you can’t knock me down
I’m steady as a rock
You know I’m built on solid ground
I’ve fucked around once or twice way before you
But that shit don’t sustain me
The way that you do

(Marina)
Listen, the people spoke and we heard it
People tweetin' and now they earned it
Whole life, bitch been tourin'
Private flights, now a bitch soarin'
I give you life, and you know it
Blaze the line of scrimmage, on my goal shit
Tryna fix what was broken
Cause you can never miss
What was never noticed

Nights like this
From FCA to Chart Heat
From the sidelines to Starfactory
Took centuries just to get on the list
Cycled through change
Now my ego's on remix
Burned through flames
Eagle to Phoenix

Listen, come back two, know my haters hurtin'
Space and time, all rumors, uncertain
Light work fine, brightens the darkness
Life's good, never said life was perfect
I give you life and you know it
Blaze the line of scrimmage, on my goal shit
Tacklin' what's mine
If you haven't noticed
Give a thanks one time
So savor the moment

Man, they say I’m unstoppable
They say I’m unplayable
They say I’m unkillable
But real talk, it takes a King and a Queen to build a kingdom

Man, they say I’m unstoppable
They say I’m unplayable
They say I’m unkillable
But real talk, it takes a King and a Queen to build a kingdom

(Bellows)
If you wanna make it
You’re gonna need a bad bitch
That don’t take no shit, that you can fuck with
That’ll pick you up when you’re needing it
Through the best and the worst of all this needless shit

You can hit me with all of that real shit
But you can’t knock me down
I’m steady as a rock
You know I’m built on solid ground
I’ve fucked around once or twice way before you
But that shit don’t sustain me
The way that you do

(Circuit)
“Come put that shit in my path, cause you know I’m unstoppable
You know I’m always gonna find my way through
Holes in your defence like shit is so obvious
Can’t catch up to my feet when I’m in my flight mode
Your eyes don’t deceive you
Cause the stat’s that you’re reading are true”

Edited by user 22 August 2022 00:13:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BrownSugar on 22/08/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/08/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 22 August 2022 00:12:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #03
Title: “Heavyweights”
Length: 4:46

The next track begins with a strong rhythmic beat and piano combination, mid-tempo initially as the song begins, it feels like one of the more slower-paced inward looking tracks from the group as Bellows sets up the track with the opening verse outwardly looking at what has happened for him in the past couple of years, “Man it’s been quite a trip these past few years/Always said we’d make it and we did/Always said you’d be by my side and it would all be worth it/Saw the come up on the way to greatness/But you walked out too soon/Promised that big things would be coming soon/All you had to do was wait/Didn’t need to hesitate/No need for you to contemplate.” with the slower progression of the backdrop and the lyrical content, giving the feeling of the rapper talking directly to a previous lover as he continues, “Always said we could be something great/And now you out there on the struggle/Fuckin’ wit some dude that ain’t got the hustle/When you coulda been with the champ.” which leads perfectly into the songs chorus.

The chorus is delivered by stitching individual singing sections from the trio together, making it feel more whole as they hit on a catchy chorus matched with the steady paced nature of the songs rhythmic backdrop, “Girl, I heard that you’ve been playin’ it safe/Hangin’ wit the featherweights/Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights/Girl, I heard that you’ve been playin’ it safe/Hangin’ wit the featherweights/Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights.” the songs chorus complementing the opening verse from Bellows nicely before Boa steps up to the mic to deliver his verse as the tempo increases to match his lyrical content and energy.

In his deeper vocal range, Boa fires out words at a quicker more rapid-fire style than Bellow’s more controlled and reflective manner, there’s a feeling of aggression and resentment in Boa’s delivery on the second verse, “She was my queen, gave her everything/Made promises just to keep em’/To prove that I was a keeper/Told her the come up was slow, but I’m a sleeper/But she fucked it when she walked away/Threw four years of love away/Now we flyin’ high in the airways/Got a house in the hills of LA/Number one hits on the airwaves/Can’t get away from us if you try/Got that earworm banger shit, you can’t deny/And we hangin’ with the A list now.” as he heads down the more braggadocios route on the track after the initial anger before the trio come together again for the vocal delivery during the songs chorus.

Next up is the final verse, delivered by Circuit in an assertive style that almost rubber stamps the message of being strong in the face of doubt and difficult moments in the anticipation that the good times are only just over the horizon, he delivers perhaps his strongest vocal performance of the record as he rapidly fires out the final verse, “Some of the chicks that used to come around, didn’t ever have the mentality for this/Thought if it was gonna happen it was gonna happen real quick/Got bored of the grind/Guess they’ve got a fragile mind/Cause it was out there for all to see/Guess they just couldn’t see the wood for the trees/But we hustled on/Kept it going/Believing in ourselves, always knowing/That when you manifest this shit and back it up with talent and hard work/There was only ever gonna be one outcome for us.” which brings to full circle the autobiographical nature of the song with each member adding their own personal take on the same situation that the trio have experienced together, seemingly. This idea continues as he fires out the final moments of his solo verse before the songs chorus plays us out, “We believe in the culture/That hard work pays off/And we see those same girls that fuckin’ took off/Playin’ wit themselves/Just to get back on our good side/But we only associate ourselves wit the real ride or dies.”

“Heavyweights”

{Bellows}
“Man it’s been quite a trip these past few years
Always said we’d make it and we did
Always said you’d be by my side and it would all be worth it
Saw the come up on the way to greatness
But you walked out too soon
Promised that big things would be coming soon
All you had to do was wait
Didn’t need to hesitate
No need for you to contemplate
Always said we could be something great
And now you out there on the struggle
Fuckin’ wit some dude that ain’t got the hustle
When you coulda been with the champ

Girl, I heard that you’ve been playin’ it safe
Hangin’ wit the featherweights
Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights

{Boa}
She was my queen, gave her everything
Made promises just to keep em’
To prove that I was a keeper
Told her the come up was slow, but I’m a sleeper
But she fucked it when she walked away
Threw four years of love away
Now we flyin’ high in the airways
Got a house in the hills of LA
Number one hits on the airwaves
Can’t get away from us if you try
Got that earworm banger shit, you can’t deny
And we hangin’ with the A list now

{Circuit}
Some of the chicks that used to come around, didn’t ever have the mentality for this
Thought if it was gonna happen it was gonna happen real quick
Got bored of the grind
Guess they’ve got a fragile mind
Cause it was out there for all to see
Guess they just couldn’t see the wood for the trees
But we hustled on
Kept it going
Believing in ourselves, always knowing
That when you manifest this shit and back it up with talent and hard work
There was only ever gonna be one outcome for us
We believe in the culture
That hard work pays off
And we see those same girls that fuckin’ took off
Playin’ wit themselves
Just to get back on our good side
But we only associate ourselves wit the real ride or dies

Cause you couldn’t keep up with the heavyweights”
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 22 August 2022 00:15:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #04
Title: “MVP”
Length: 3:42

The track begins with a light keyboard tone, giving off a royal influenced brass sound they type that you might hear before players take to the field prior to a game, it serves as the intro sound to the track before the music kicks in, lasting around eleven seconds before the tone fades and a strong hip-hop beat enters the fray on the track, giving it a familiar hip-hop backdrop as Circuit delivers the opening verse with his trademark low-fi sounding vocal range, “MVP, MVP/Most valuable player in the game/I’m the one they look at when the chips are down and they’re looking for a clutch play/Outta nowhere, they don’t see it coming/Hail Mary down the field like a motherfucking bullet/All eyes on me/Cause they know I run it/All eyes on me/Cause they know I run this.” setting up the track on a trajectory that feels relatively obvious and by the numbers.

The energy increases immediately after the opening verse, the bpm increases and that hip-hop beat sounds a little more alive as the song progresses into the second verse, Boa steps up to the mic this time around, his deeper vocal range and assertive tone gave a more urgent feel to the track as he delivers his lyrics, “Hand off the pass and my feet do the magic/Evading their traps is what I do natural/Give me a crowd and I’ll fucking smash right through/End zone in sight/This young lion is coming to you/Nobody can catch me/I’m number one in your fantasy/You know what it is/I know what it fucking takes/Etch my name in the record books/Put me up there with the greats/You’ll find my reels/No need to search for video tapes.” which helps to build up the track and offers it’s highlight moment in what feels like an act going through the motions and delivering what they’re contractually obliged to.

The beat then slows down a little and the keyboard tone heard on the intro becomes a little more prominent, trading off with the drum beat to give a mix of pulse and melody which allows Bellows to reluctantly deliver the final verse, “Most valuable player cause I study the greats/I put the work in on the field/I don’t believe in leaving that shit up to fate/It comes with hard work/Hustle and aches/Miles on the grass, put in the miles on the turf/Sacrifice, I know a little about that/You’ve gotta give up a whole lot if you wanna be the alpha/Used to be out here as ‘Rookie of the Year’/But I know what my destiny is/Gotta get my fucking name all the way up there/Consistency/Aggression/Relentless/Obsession/Put my numbers up/They look pretty good for a young buck/Try to stop me/The motherfuckin’ MVP” and with the delivery from Bellows we come to the conclusion of the track, which feels exactly what it is designed to be which is background music to a video game.

“MVP”

{Circuit}
“MVP, MVP
Most valuable player in the game
I’m the one they look at when the chips are down and they’re looking for a clutch play
Outta nowhere, they don’t see it coming
Hail Mary down the field like a motherfucking bullet
All eyes on me
Cause they know I run it
All eyes on me
Cause they know I run this

{Boa}
Hand off the pass and my feet do the magic
Evading their traps is what I do natural
Give me a crowd and I’ll fucking smash right through
End zone in sight
This young lion is coming to you
Nobody can catch me
I’m number one in your fantasy
You know what it is
I know what it fucking takes
Etch my name in the record books
Put me up there with the greats
You’ll find my reels
No need to search for video tapes

{Bellows}
Most valuable player cause I study the greats
I put the work in on the field
I don’t believe in leaving that shit up to fate
It comes with hard work
Hustle and aches
Miles on the grass, put in the miles on the turf
Sacrifice, I know a little about that
You’ve gotta give up a whole lot if you wanna be the alpha
Used to be out here as ‘Rookie of the Year’
But I know what my destiny is
Gotta get my fucking name all the way up there
Consistency
Aggression
Relentless
Obsession
Put my numbers up
They look pretty good for a young buck
Try to stop me
The motherfuckin’ MVP”
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 22 August 2022 00:16:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track: #05
Title: “Off-Season”
Length: 4:11

The track begins with an energetic rhythm section, the sound of a snare drum beat and bass combination making the song fast paced, Circuit steps up to deliver the opening verse, his vocals delivered clear, the trademark low-energy and mumble style of his delivery giving way to something a little more crisp and assertive as he provides the intro and opening verse, “It’s the off-season/On my fruits of labour shit/It's party season/We gon’ get it/High-life shit when you’ve hustled all season/We wildin’ out here/Ya’ll know the fuckin’ reason.” which see’s the trio change things up slightly with the content of the track, making reference to what goes down after the season finishes and they have an opportunity to enjoy the high life that their abilities afford them, Circuit continues into the opening verse, “You know I hustle in Vegas/Hustle in Cali/Hustle in Monte/With em’ girls from the valley/Champagne poppin’ while they out here droppin’/It's the off-season/They all know I ain’t stoppin’/And they say I like to make up for the lost time/Cause they know I focus on my shit when it’s game time/They get a little tired of the radio silence/But they know shit gonna get crazy/When they hang with the idols.”

We’re given a pseudo-chorus as the trio deliver rare sung vocals, recorded individually but spliced together during production as they sing out over the beat, “Sippin’ champagne on a yacht/Underneath the sunset/Private island for the off-season/On a different mindset/Partying like Pam and Tommy/Excess is what we do/We like it wild out here, like a tsunami with a view.” and it’s Bellows who is tasked with following up the chorus, he steps up to deliver his verse which he keeps short and concise, “I don’t fuck around when it comes to the high-life/Only the best/Livin’ it up in paradise/Top shelf liquor/Only the finest green/Private jets, private clubs, private limousine/We don’t fuck around/We out here for real/Luxury is a by-product/Of just another kid with a big dream.” and is quickly followed by the songs chorus once more.

Boa is next on the microphone, the beat of the music and the pacing of the song remains the same repetitive sound throughout, Boa’s vocal delivery continuing to be deep and aggressive, “It’s a private party, invite only baby/NDA cause things get crazy/Got a reputation to keep clean/Cause I earn all this shit down on the field/This is the downtime/We call it off-season/We going off/This is called freedom/Exclusive only/Cause that’s how we run it/This shit is unholy/The way that we hit it.” which again, is short and concise but likely by design as stated it’s intention is as background music to a video game. The songs chorus repeats again as the song fades out to its conclusion.

“Off-Season”

{Circuit}
“It’s the off-season
On my fruits of labour shit
It's party season
We gon’ get it
High-life shit when you’ve hustled all season
We wildin’ out here
Ya’ll know the fuckin’ reason

You know I hustle in Vegas
Hustle in Cali
Hustle in Monte
With em’ girls from the valley
Champagne poppin’ while they out here droppin’
It's the off-season
They all know I ain’t stoppin’
And they say I like to make up for the lost time
Cause they know I focus on my shit when it’s game time
They get a little tired of the radio silence
But they know shit gonna get crazy
When they hang with the idols

Sippin’ champagne on a yacht
Underneath the sunset
Private island for the off-season
On a different mindset
Partying like Pam and Tommy
Excess is what we do
We like it wild out here, like a tsunami with a view

{Bellows}
I don’t fuck around when it comes to the high-life
Only the best
Livin’ it up in paradise
Top shelf liquor
Only the finest green
Private jets, private clubs, private limousine
We don’t fuck around
We out here for real
Luxury is a by-product
Of just another kid with a big dream

Underneath the sunset
On a different mindset
Excess is what we do
We like it wild out here like a tsunami with a view

{Boa}
It’s a private party, invite only baby
NDA cause things get crazy
Got a reputation to keep clean
Cause I earn all this shit down on the field
This is the downtime
We call it off-season
We going off
This is called freedom
Exclusive only
Cause that’s how we run it
This shit is unholy
The way that we hit it

Underneath the sunset
On a different mindset
Excess is what we do
We like it wild out here like a tsunami with a view”
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 30 August 2022 02:25:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Billy: It's great to have these songs from the soundtrack all together on the one project and the new additions are fucking epic and much appreciated. You guys already know how much of a fan I am so I'm not going to constantly blow smoke up your arses. Nothing worse than an inflated ego, right? ;) hahaha. You know how insanely talented I think you all are. What I really want to highlight is your work ethic. Hardest working lads in the industry right now. To push out this amount of content and such a high standard is insane. Keep it up! Future's looking extremely bright, my guys!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 03/09/2022(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#8 Posted : 07 September 2022 14:12:35(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Did I as a 44 year old man use a lyric off "Off-Season" as caption for a recent Instagram post I made? Yes, yes I did. And I would damn well do it again! The fact it has only been eight months between your debut LP and this EP is crazy because the quality does not take a dip whatsoever. It's no mistake why ya'll have been at the helm of the hip-hop scene over the last few years. The title track and "Heavyweight" are my favorites. You three just keep delivering at a high level. Keep on securing those NDAs while you're at it too!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 12/09/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 20 September 2022 19:01:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: It's great to have these songs from the soundtrack all together on the one project and the new additions are fucking epic and much appreciated. You guys already know how much of a fan I am so I'm not going to constantly blow smoke up your arses. Nothing worse than an inflated ego, right? ;) hahaha. You know how insanely talented I think you all are. What I really want to highlight is your work ethic. Hardest working lads in the industry right now. To push out this amount of content and such a high standard is insane. Keep it up! Future's looking extremely bright, my guys!

Boa: Man, this was an insane project to be part of it. To team up with the NFL is something even we wouldn't have ever expected but we've been fans of that shit since we were kids. We gotta keep on that grind, always working. Appreciate the support!
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 20 September 2022 19:18:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: Did I as a 44 year old man use a lyric off "Off-Season" as caption for a recent Instagram post I made? Yes, yes I did. And I would damn well do it again! The fact it has only been eight months between your debut LP and this EP is crazy because the quality does not take a dip whatsoever. It's no mistake why ya'll have been at the helm of the hip-hop scene over the last few years. The title track and "Heavyweight" are my favorites. You three just keep delivering at a high level. Keep on securing those NDAs while you're at it too!

Bellows: Our shit is for all seasons, 17 year olds, 44 year olds, 60 year olds. I always knew you were a man of great taste, your track record proves that. Ain't nothin' but respect from this side of things. We ain't about taking our foot off the pedal just yet, we're part of a genre that's thriving right now so you know you've gotta keep on the pulse of that shit and keep working. Your spot ain't ever secure, there's always someone on the come up ready to take it. Man, you know how it is, I ain't fuckin' around without those NDAs!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
PANIC! on 20/09/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 10 October 2022 02:54:21(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Wow, you've been so damn consistent with Orion! I could never! So glad that I've gotten to be apart of their journey with BitchWat and Marina. You just keep raising the bar! Bars on Bars for days. My favorite song? Rookie Of the Year. For obvious reasons. The story that is told on the record is so deep and I love how in each of the songs, each rapper sounds different from the previous one. That takes some serious skill. Really good work as always! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 12/10/2022(UTC)