logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2023 18:52:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Euphoria”
Artist(b): Jadyn Ghalen
Release Date: May 28, 2023
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 7” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA
Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Rap, RnB
Length: 4:38
Label: Tric-Jam Records / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Writer(s): Jadyn Ghalen
Producer(s): Jadyn Ghalen, DeAndre Patton

“Euphoria” is the second solo single from American rapper and hip-hop artist ‘Jadyn Ghalen’, better known from his pseudonym ‘Boa’ as a member of the hip-hop trio ‘Orion’. The track follows on from his debut solo single “Mentality Monster” which was released in April 2023, both a critical and commercial success s the long-term future of ‘Orion’ remains up in the air as the trio continue to take some time out from the group project. It’s been confirmed by Dahlhouse Entertainment that both the debut single and it’s follow-up “Euphoria” will be included on an upcoming debut E.P by Jadyn Ghalen titled “Mentality Monster E.P” alongside a couple of additional tracks, although details of the additional tracks and release date of the E.P were left unconfirmed by the management company with the release date only hinted at as “upcoming” in the official press release, however it is thought that the E.P has been completely finished both from a recording and production aspect and is just waiting on its release date being agreed between both Jadyn’s record label ‘Tric-Jam Records’ and his management ‘Dahlhouse Entertainment’.

The success of the debut single and anticipation for it’s follow-up “Euphoria” as well as the expected upcoming release of his debut solo E.P signals Jadyn’s solo ambitions, recently highlighted further as he was listed as a supporting act on the European leg of his close friend ‘Kara Romero’s’ first ever headlining tour, the ‘Post-Traumatic World Tour’. Aware that ‘Orion’ are scheduled to re-convene later in the year, firstly with a supporting run on tour with ‘Rum and Coke’ on their ’The Family World Tour’ later in the summer and it’s believed that studio time is booked in for the trio around the autumn and winter periods it appears that Ghalen is trying to make the most of this period of freedom away from the group as both other members ‘Bellows’ and ‘Circuit’ take some time out of the spotlight to recharge their batteries during this downtime.
In a recent interview, Jadyn discussed his solo ambitions as well as his bandmates own ambitions, “As far as I’m aware, we’re all still cool with each other. We legit went hard for two whole years, we were in each other’s’ pockets for that entire period. We signed the record deal, moved out to California and lived with each other while we were recording that debut album, that sort of closeness is always gonna have its friction too. But we fight like brothers and we’ve always fought like brothers. We said after the debut album we’ll hop on someone’s tour and then take half a year off, step away from each other. But we had agreed that NFL deal, so we ended up recording that “Off-Season E.P” and did some promo on that before we took a break, that NFL deal was where the real disagreements started, Brayton was never comfortable with that shit. He thought it was an obvious money grab, selling a product. Eventually there was an agreement made, we put out the E.P and took our break like we had planned.
Brayton and Jamal decided to do their own thing, we all signed solo record deals with the label alongside our deal as a group so that options there for them. Jamal headed back home to Detroit for a while and Brayton stayed out in California with Aubrey, I know Brayton’s been recording some of his own shit too, but he says he’s gonna take his time with it. I took up the option for the record deal right now because I never wanted to take that break from the group, so I’mma keep working like I do, for me it’s about getting my name out there alongside ‘Orion’ not ahead of ‘Orion’. There’s a lot of bullshit talk in the media, but if I could be recording and releasing shit with my brothers right now, I would be doing that ahead of my own solo shit. They wanted the break, I didn’t so I found my own outlet for my creativity and went back to work. That’s the story, despite what you read.”

The track see’s Jadyn switch things up slightly as he steps away from the confident hustler image that was evident on his debut single “Mentality Monster” as he shows a softer side on this track as it pertains to feelings of love, on working on tracks for his upcoming E.P, Jadyn discussed how it was important for him to show that there was more than just one side to him, “It’s easy to fall into that trap cause I don’t take vulnerability into the booth with me, I try to take that self-confidence and self-belief into the booth with me and it comes out as tracks like “Mentality Monster” more often than not. I made a conscious effort to try to open that shit up a little specifically on this track and try to blend that vibe with something a little more vulnerable. For real, the type of women that come in and out of my life are there because they’re a good time and we’re on that level where we’re just looking to get something immediate out of the connection. You learn to know the difference between type A and type B, because when that real shit comes into your life, like I ain’t about to get soft on ya’ll but you know you about to be knocked the fuck down.
You know it takes putting in the work, they’re not as impressed with the image or the lifestyle, they go deeper than that and you have to work a whole lot harder to prove that you’re serious about things. I put it in the song ‘She don’t wanna commit, and I get it/My history tells her more than my present’ which sums that shit up. You have to work harder to convince her to give you that opportunity to show that you are all that and you are serious about things because your reputation outweighs your own self.”

The track was written by Jadyn Ghalen and produced by Jadyn Ghalen and DeAndre Patton. The track was recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California where the entirety of the upcoming “Mentality Monster E.P” was recorded as well as previous releases from ‘Orion’. The single will be released on May 28, 2023 through Tric-Jam Records and Dahlhouse Entertainment, available via Digital Download, Worldwide Streaming, Weekly Airplay, 7” Single and as a CD Single.

Song Description;

The track begins with the sound of a soft drum beat and a rhythmic bassline, giving the song a soft and sensual feel to it to match it’s more reflective and emotive theme as Jadyn steps up to the microphone and delivers the opening verse of the song in a slightly slower paced offering which puts the track somewhere between RnB and Rap, “I can't help dreaming about her all day long/She got me thinking bout' catchin feels/I'm feelin' like a tortured soul in need of healin'/She's got me feelin' weak/You know I ain't one for cheap "I love you's"/Just to get you in my bed/Won't turn it on just to fuck you/Babe, I know you better than all ah dat.” which sets up the entire tone of the song, the lines being blurred between singing and rapping gives the track a much more romantic RnB feel which differs vastly to previous tracks that have featured Jadyn’s vocal delivery. He continues the rest of the opening verse in a similar way but with the drum and bassline increasing in tempo and Jadyn delivering his words at a slightly faster pace, “She ain't no stranger to the high life/She got em' competing in a prize fight/She ain't impressed by the bright lights/She too good for the compromise/I watch em' running back and forth tryna impress you/Deadbeats with no hope/No respect, no faith, no ambition, no revenue/We got them long talks, real shit, connection on a mental level/Arm in arm, side by side/Sparks flying on that physical attraction shit.” and the overall image of the song becomes fully formed as the opening verse finishes. The vocal delivery matching the musical backdrop which is a lot less high energy and a little more reigned in than you’d expect.

The energy does pick up slightly as the sound of the song becomes a little more fuller as the drum and bassline driving the song forward is now accompanied by the sound of electronic instrumentation which doesn’t overpower the song and just adds a slight pulse to the overall package, suggesting that there’s potentially a pulsating energy threatening to break out at any moment as the songs chorus comes in and Jadyn’ delivers a faster paced vocal delivery with a quick-fire chorus, “She got them street smarts/But she live that mansion life/She takes care of her business/Fuck a nine to five/Boss bitch is how they see her/Ain't no compromise/Got me feelin' all kinds of euphoria/When she lookin' directly into my eyes.” and with the songs chorus out of the way we have a fuller picture of the overall package with the verses delivering the emotional backdrop of the song and the chorus being the singalong almost anthemic hook that turns the track from reflective into an immediate earworm.
The songs bridge or post-chorus follows the pattern of the chorus, with its focus more on finding the connective space between its chorus and final verse, “I been gettin' shit from the boys/Cause we been hangin' all the god damn time/They say that I should fuck and go/Cause that's our fuckin' lifestyle/No commitment, no strings/We just want the shiny things.” which does it’s job in the sense that it has the catchy earworm element but adds another element to the songs theme or story and does it well to move the song back into the verse with the music slowing once more.

We’re back into verse territory as the more melodic and slower-paced drum and bass line move the track seamless back into more of an RnB territory from the chorus and bridges’ slightly more rapid-fire energy, the final verse serves an opportunity for Jadyn to truly stick the landing in terms of the songs general theme, it feels like it’s a track where he’s trying to convince the listener that there’s more layers to the free spirit personality we’ve seen play out in the media, he sounds sincere in his delivery as he once again blends between rap and soulful singing, “She don't wanna commit, and I get it/My history tells her more than my present/But I ain't just gonna fall in line, saying what she wants to hear/Just to get to where I wanna be with her/You know I ain't one for cheap "I love you's"/Just to get you in my bed/Won't turn it on just to fuck you/Babe, I know you better than all ah dat/She ain't no stranger to the high life/She got em' competing in a prize fight/She ain't impressed by the bright lights/She too good for the compromise.” and as the final verse comes to a close it feels like he’s delivered what he needs to deliver, with sincerity and truthfulness. The songs chorus and bridge come in once more in order to close out the song with a little more energy and ending things by highlighting the person that he’s singing about rather than himself.

“Euphoria”

"I can't help dreaming about her all day long
She got me thinking bout' catchin feels
I'm feelin' like a tortured soul in need of healin'
She's got me feelin' weak
You know I ain't one for cheap "I love you's"
Just to get you in my bed
Won't turn it on just to fuck you
Babe, I know you better than all ah dat
She ain't no stranger to the high life
She got em' competing in a prize fight
She ain't impressed by the bright lights
She too good for the compromise
I watch em' running back and forth tryna impress you
Deadbeats with no hope
No respect, no faith, no ambition, no revenue
We got them long talks, real shit, connection on a mental level
Arm in arm, side by side
Sparks flying on that physical attraction shit

She got them street smarts
But she live that mansion life
She takes care of her business
Fuck a nine to five
Boss bitch is how they see her
Ain't no compromise
Got me feelin' all kinds of euphoria
When she lookin' directly into my eyes

I been gettin' shit from the boys
Cause we been hangin' all the god damn time
They say that I should fuck and go
Cause that's our fuckin' lifestyle
No commitment, no strings
We just want the shiny things

She don't wanna commit, and I get it
My history tells her more than my present
But I ain't just gonna fall in line, saying what she wants to hear
Just to get to where I wanna be with her
You know I ain't one for cheap "I love you's"
Just to get you in my bed
Won't turn it on just to fuck you
Babe, I know you better than all ah dat
She ain't no stranger to the high life
She got em' competing in a prize fight
She ain't impressed by the bright lights
She too good for the compromise

She got them street smarts
But she live that mansion life
She takes care of her business
Fuck a nine to five
Boss bitch is how they see her
Ain't no compromise
Got me feelin' all kinds of euphoria
When she lookin' directly into my eyes

I been gettin' shit from the boys
Cause we been hangin' all the god damn time
They say that I should fuck and go
Cause that's our fuckin' lifestyle
No commitment, no strings
We just want the shiny things"

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Jadyn Ghalen, DeAndre Patton
Engineered by DeAndre Patton
Mixed by DeAndre Patton
Production Assistant: Imani Jasmine Woods
Recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA

PERSONNEL

Jadyn Ghalen – vocals, lyrics, composition, production
DeAndre Patton – production, engineering, mixing
Ignacio Santos – piano, bass, composition
Augustine Francis – drums, percussion, programming
Imani Jasmine Woods – production assistant
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 28/05/2023(UTC), freestylechamp on 29/05/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/05/2023(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 01/06/2023(UTC), erich hess on 03/06/2023(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2023(UTC), kandii on 19/06/2023(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 03 June 2023 06:31:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: Another fucking impressive release yet again and I love that you've purposely tapped into a different side of yourself for the conception of the track. Opening up and showing some vulnerability in the booth can be scary as fuck...and sometimes the results are even scarier! Can also produce really sincere stuff like this, though. Find this to be yet another relatable song. Not to sound all "woe is me, I'm famous!" but relationships can be fucking tricky. A lot of bravado, second guessing intentions, some people are too intimidated and may not be able to see past the 'celebrity'. It's a minefield but once you find something good, hold on to that shit! Lot of fakery and falseness in this game so bask in genuine euphoria when you find it.

Very different to your first release but just as fucking epic. Can't wait to check out the EP when it drops. Have a feeling there'll be more wonderful surprises like this on the way!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 03/06/2023(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 03 June 2023 17:31:43(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Slim Money: Yo this joint is on fire!!!

Tika Mays: I kept listening to this song on the phone, on the radio and the more i listen the more i'm starting to understand which is why i love the song already so please tell where can i hear more from you!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 03/06/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2023 17:39:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: Another fucking impressive release yet again and I love that you've purposely tapped into a different side of yourself for the conception of the track. Opening up and showing some vulnerability in the booth can be scary as fuck...and sometimes the results are even scarier! Can also produce really sincere stuff like this, though. Find this to be yet another relatable song. Not to sound all "woe is me, I'm famous!" but relationships can be fucking tricky. A lot of bravado, second guessing intentions, some people are too intimidated and may not be able to see past the 'celebrity'. It's a minefield but once you find something good, hold on to that shit! Lot of fakery and falseness in this game so bask in genuine euphoria when you find it.

Very different to your first release but just as fucking epic. Can't wait to check out the EP when it drops. Have a feeling there'll be more wonderful surprises like this on the way!

Jadyn: For real, you know how this shit is in the industry. I ain't complaining, the temporary euphoria's are pretty fuckin' great too. But that reputation hangs over your head like the sword of damocles when you're tryin' to prove that you're serious about shit. I say it in the track, 'my history tells her more than my present' and I believe that's how it is. It's a change of pace on this one, I like the idea of people not knowing which type of track they're gonna get with each release, that shit is something you've done your entire career and I respect it, man!

I got a whole bunch of my own shit that I want to record and release before I get back to work with Orion. Tryin' to make the most of the solo freedom for now, you know how that shit goes too.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 12/06/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2023 17:45:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Slim Money: Yo this joint is on fire!!!

Tika Mays: I kept listening to this song on the phone, on the radio and the more i listen the more i'm starting to understand which is why i love the song already so please tell where can i hear more from you!

Jadyn: Thanks man, appreciate the respect, Slim!

Jadyn: Tika, you a lil' firecracker, that's why you love the song. Cause you the girl in the song to a lot of dudes out there, for real. I'm grindin' in the studio, always. So you can wait for the release or you can drop by the studio and check that shit out ahead of everybody else.
2001clay on 11/06/2023(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 20 June 2023 13:22:23(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum: You killing the game just like I knew you would! Dropped 2 back to back BANGERSS and they both debuted #1 on the charts. This one is for all the haters who tried to put you in a box! I know they looking stuck right now.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 20/06/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 21 June 2023 04:52:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Rum: You killing the game just like I knew you would! Dropped 2 back to back BANGERSS and they both debuted #1 on the charts. This one is for all the haters who tried to put you in a box! I know they looking stuck right now.

Jadyn: Rum, my motherfuckin' spirit guide! You manifested that shit for me before I was even on that path. Your wisdom and advice during our long talks are what planted the seeds of this project, I hope you know the impact of that, for real. You put me in the path of Dahlhouse and sent me off on my way. We got em' on the ropes, huh?
kandii on 18/07/2023(UTC)