logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RadioVine  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2023 05:51:03(UTC)
RadioVine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1056 time(s) in 339 post(s)
UserPostedImage
2023 La Familia Records

Title: Jury
Release Date: July 15th 2023
Genres: R&B/Alternate R&B :
Formats: Digital Download.
Length: 4:45
Written By: Radio Vine | Jadyn Ghalen
Produced By: Radio Vine
Album: TBA

The EVIDENCE

Jury is the first leading single from Radio’s Vine new album (TBA) This is the first single in two years since her commercially successful single, “ Sweet Tea” from her sophomore album, ‘Vineyard’. After the release of Vineyard, Radio made national news reporting her being kidnapped by her creative director, Max Martin with the scandal and public corruption done by producer and songwriter, Sir Zulla. Both men played a part in the mental and physical abuse of Radio. Max intending for the PR stunt to drive more attention on the roll out and success of the album. Without Radio’s knowing of the ill intension of the two previously closed friends, Radio sent weeks inside a basement of her best friend, Alison With home while the two continued to gather the plan to have Radio vanished. This became of the biggest stories the media followed due to the disturbing nature of the situation. Releasing, “ Follow Me ” during the scandal, fans started to question the true nature behind the allegations of Radio being kidnapped and tortured. ‘Follow Me’ ironically was the subject matter that manifested into her life. The media wasn’t as kind to Radio accusing her being the mastermind behind the attack, the subject the jury questioned during the trial. The trail of her peers bought pressure and depression being the topic that individual invested opinions and judgement based solely on her pain and experience.

JURY- a body of people (typically twelve in number) sworn to give a verdict in a legal case on the basis of evidence submitted to them in court.

The trial of Max Martin and Sir Zulla lasted over a year. A year full of doubt, fear and confusion. Radio became the discussion that differs from the media. Radio has made many headlines before her in career similar to when she tried to commit suicide back in 2009, making world headlines. Radio felt it’s easier to fight the tabloid’s and media, but when you have your peers reviewing you about who you are, questioning if you are the victim and judging you based on evidence that may not tell the whole story. The emotion and intensity of the trial had many questions that went unanswered due to the men thinking they did Radio a favor. This scandal made her an even bigger star they believed. Radio trying to convince her peers on her innocence was tough so creativity Radio wanted to express her feelings towards this trial in clever detail centering herself mentally and emotionally in her music on what she experienced.

THE OFF THE RECORD

Radio started to record music from the new projects last year but most of the music was placed on hold during the trail when Radio was called as key witness several times. Radio signed with label, ‘La Familia’ in the beginning of last year with no current direction of the album. Radio then spoke with A&R and marketing at La Familia back in 2022 with a new sound direction she was working on to show completely different space as an artist. Following the writing of ‘Jury’, Radio went into the studio alone to start experiencing with the production of the record. This is Radio’s first self produced record. The sound was designed to allow the listeners to focus on the lyrics as well as the dreamy and smooth production that allows each layering of the background, the vocal tone clearly during the transition of arrangements.

Jadyn was called to New York to hear the production of the track and Radio offered him to bring that confident and passionate energy into the background and middle eight of the track. Jadyn was open to expand his creative approach to the track by adding adlibs and vocally matching Radio’s harmonies. Radio spoke about working with Jadyn: “ I heard Euphoria and I was so blown away by how talented he was and the passion you hear in his voice when he’s rapping. The unique word play and flow he has makes it really special to add to any record.. we had a connection and it just felt right to have his art displayed. He understood it right way.. and that’s what I respected..“ Jadyn verse is clever to the concept on his experiences on the type of Jury’s in his life that connects pain of judgement but strength. To his edginess when shouting “speak” towards the end of the song to his intensity of pure passion and resilience during his verse.

THE JURY ARRANGEMENTS

The arrangements has a lot of R&B influences in the arrangement on the styling and design of the best. Radio is continuing to show how no genre is No touch for any artistes. She wanted to touch on a production that she has never done, continuing to push her boundaries as an artist.

Jadyn adds layer of flare to the middle eight. His light but aggressive approach that adds a radiant of confidence that blooms and builds although the song. He adds more intensity in his vocal as he continues to be heard in the background arrangement and adlibs that blends perfectly with Radio’s layering of her vocals. Jadyn adlibs are layered perfectly on top of Radio’s ruffs with strong finishings. Jadyn adds a strong baritone vocal style over the layering of Radio’s airy vocal style towards the end of the record. In some of the sections, Radios airy vocals goes further in pitch making her style more of a sharp and clean falsetto that translates into Jadyns baritone vocal.
The chorus is layered with many different vocal pitches of Radio’s. Radio wanted the chorus to sound as if the jury was singing with her symbolizing the different voices and people of the court. The different pitches of vocal are mixed perfectly to hear overlays of each ruff on its ending note.

As Jury has twelve peers, Radios vocal showcases twelve different notes during the background arrangement with the mixing of Jadyns to the layering during the verses and chorus.

Radio verses are vocally stronger than her previously released singles. Her vocal sounds more in-depth and more fuller. She just adds that crispy and soulful falsetto style. Most of the record, Radio sings in her full range in her chest register during the verses, she relaxes her diaphragm creating a smooth and light rhythm of her vocals.

The production is settled at first with the intensity of the synths of the bass growing intensity in the background until Jadyn verse brings the rhythm of the bass growing in the background to completely different beat matching brilliantly with the energy of his rapping expanding the beat to end of the track.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

JURY.. (feat. Jadyn Ghalen)

Verse 1:
Different places
Come from different faces
All with history
Judging based on my integrity
Starting to listen
In depth details lingering
Did you fail to mention?
It’s others who have feelings..

Pre-chorus:
Call them in one by one?
So I can finally see which one
Oh baby call them one by one?
So I can see who’s taking it to heart?

Chorus:
The jury is after me
Can we get something concrete
The jury is after me
Is it rivalry?
Please call in the cavalry
Roll up the blasphemy
It seems the jury is after me
I’ll leave happily
As long as the jury sees
The jury is after me
Can we get something concrete?
The jury is after me

Middle 8: [Jadyn Ghalen)
All your friends got something to say
About who I am
Who cares anyway?
Who cares anyway (yeah)
[x2]

Verse 2:
All the evidence shows
The love that holds
The eye contact were so bold
We folded like a mole
Do you know how?
I will protect you?
So much love to collect you?
I wish I could disinfect you

Pre-chorus:
Call them in one by one?
(Call them in)
So I see which one?
(Call them in)
Which one is taking it to heart?
(Call them in.. yeah)

Chorus:
The jury is after me
The jury is after me
Is it rivalry?
Roll up the blasphemy
It seems the jury after me
I’ll leave happily—

[BEAT CHANGE]
[Jadyn Ghalen Verse]

A million different voices, a million different opinions
Marshall me from confusion, I just find my own dominion in this state of helpless oblivion
Telling me that I should stay silent, what kind of decision is this?
Just because I’m fuckin’ different from the rest
That I own all of my flaws and intricacies and proudly stand there beating on my chest
I’mma shout it loud enough for ya’ll to hear
I’mma shout it loud enough for ya’ll to hear in the back
You won’t take this from me
So bring out the big guns and lay it upon me
Judgement is a familiar foe
Cause it’s spent so much fucking time around me
You think I’ll back down now after all the shit that you’ve seen me go through?
I’ve taken the punches and the best you can deliver
And I’m still standing
Motherfucker I’m still here
I’ve lay dormant and subdued by you in the dark
What you mistook for weakness
Was only the start
I will rise above my demons
Little did you know that I’ve battled them before
I’ll rise like a motherfuckin’ phoenix
From the ashes
I guarantee I will win this war

Bridge:
I still see you as my jury
I still think you are fine as fine jewellery
Are you looking at this equally?
So cleverly
Your words came fatally
I still look you as my jury
Give my secrets
Your treason.

Chorus:
The jury is after me
The jury is after me
Is it rivalry?
Roll up the blasphemy
It seems the jury after me
I’ll leave happily
As long as the jury sees
The jury is after me
Can we get something concrete?
The jury is after me
After me baby

[CALL THEM IN, yeah yeah] Call them in, roll them in..
The jury is after me lately..
[JADYN+ RADIO VINE] Call them in, yeah
After me, don’t you see?
They are after me
Stand up Jury..
[RAPPER: SPEAK!]
Weakness used to be an option
Now strength is the only way forward
Can’t be dictated to and won’t be manipulated
Cannot and will not follow the path that somebody else chooses for me
In charge of my own destiny
Self-protection is the only form of self-preservationists
In this business
In this motherfuckin’ industry

Middle 8: [Jadyn]
All your friends got something to say
About who I am
Who cares anyway?
Who cares anyway (yeah)
[x4]

[LAYERED VOCALS TRANSCENDING INTO END]

Can be Compared To

Occ: Thank you to BrownSugar for creating one of my favorite artwork of Radio’s singles! Dope as shit. And to C4AJoh for the dope lyrics! You really completed the song with the verse! :)
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 9 users thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
2001clay on 18/07/2023(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/07/2023(UTC), Cerys Nyland on 18/07/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 18/07/2023(UTC), erich hess on 18/07/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/07/2023(UTC), Stephyfierce35 on 20/07/2023(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2023(UTC), PANIC! on 27/08/2023(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2023 01:52:03(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3545 time(s) in 1269 post(s)
Jin Dok of Midnight20: Great song to listen to like i'm a huge fan of yours and this is the one like for real it great!

Tika Mays: Love the song girl! I really looking forward to new album!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 19/07/2023(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 19 July 2023 02:28:03(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19141 time(s) in 7602 post(s)
Billy: This was a collaboration that I did not see coming and it has fucking blown me away. Radio, you've always been such an innovative act with wonderfully articulate expression and insanely creative vision. Jadyn is fast becoming one of my favourite modern day artists with his sharp lyricism and natural good ear for music. This is such an unexpected yet perfect match. Such a sonically interesting track. Looking forward to hearing what else you've been working on.

OOC: Welcome back! I must say that I'm so impressed and blown away by the details of this song. It is so meticulous and well thought out. I can tell you put a lot of time and planning into this and it paid off immensely! You really thought of everything. Amazing job, Trent!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 19/07/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2023 17:08:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Jadyn: For real, I appreciate you hittin' me up for this track. When I took that call, your name was one that I wasn't expecting at all. I appreciate you reaching out to me for the track and the detail that you went into on the whole thing was insane. I didn't expect our styles to mix well together, but first day in the studio changed all of that and I think the passion and realness came through on the track. Respect to you for trusting me with this track and the story of it, you been through some crazy shit but you're strong as fuck to be coming out of the other side. You're a real one for sure!