logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 06 August 2009 04:45:28(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Okay, we all talk about the US a lot so I was thinking why not have a place where we can bitch about Mr. Brown n co.?

I'll start.

Harriet fucking Harmen. Have you heard what she said recently? She said that if whatever its called, Lyman Brothers or something had been called Lyman Sisters, it wouldnt have been in such a bad state. I mean, I'm all for women's rights and everything, you all deserve to be equal with us men. But the simple fact of the matter is, the reason a lot more men work than women, or it seems that way, is because a lot of women have to stay at home and look after children. It's just what they do. I mean if my future wife *if i get one* want's to work and i'll look after the kid, there should be no sexism in it, it's simple - who earns more. Now once you get into the realms of women not earning enough, yes you have a point to argue. But to say basically if everything was run by women, we wouldn't be in a reccsession is frankly disgusting.

A women texted in Radio 1 where I heard the story. She said that Harriet Harmens a disgrace to women. I find it hard to argue.

Another person texted in, and he said he never thought he'd say it, but bring Gordon back. Now it's obvious when we're in the shit when people say THAT ;)

* For those who don't know, Gordo's gone on holiday and our lovely Deputy is standing in. I dare say Gordon's having a lovely time, after all the stress he's been through. After all, lying's hard.

Anyway, opinions on this matter and British polotics in general. In my opinion, it's fucked. Their all theives and should be in prison.
Offline Rincewind  
#2 Posted : 06 August 2009 05:47:35(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
no they are not all theives....
We have to remember what the allowance was there for... To Help support Mp's who do not represent London Area's... After all how many Mp's can afford both a house in their constituency and in London? Now in my opinion there should simply be government flats that can be used by Mp's when in London. Also not all Mp's did use and abuse the allowance, Its really unfortunate that so many good mp's are being tarred with a bad brush.

As for HH i havn't got the time or the space to write down everything that annoys me about that woman...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 06 August 2009 05:54:08(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
We have to remember what the allowance was there for... To Help support Mp's who do not represent London Area's... After all how many Mp's can afford both a house in their constituency and in London? Now in my opinion there should simply be government flats that can be used by Mp's when in London. Also not all Mp's did use and abuse the allowance, Its really unfortunate that so many good mp's are being tarred with a bad brush.

As for HH i havn't got the time or the space to write down everything that annoys me about that woman...

I'm not as wised up about politics as you, but you name a 'big name' politician that hasn't abused the expenses rule? They all have, except from a few who are obviously the only sane ones.
Offline Rincewind  
#4 Posted : 06 August 2009 06:02:47(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Aj wrote:
Rincewind wrote:

I'm not as wised up about politics as you, but you name a 'big name' politician that hasn't abused the expenses rule? They all have, except from a few who are obviously the only sane ones.

i think there is a big difference between a big name politician and a good politician... After all the good ones are too busy to make a big media name for themselves!!! ;) But example's of Mp's that have not abused the system would be Mr Afriyie and bob Spink

what annoys me most about British politics is the party whip system.
and im just like:
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 06 August 2009 06:12:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
i don't much about politics at all.
i would like to know when the next opportunity to vote a new prime minister in is .
Offline Rincewind  
#6 Posted : 06 August 2009 06:13:22(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

next year.

but don't worry it wont make much difference over all :D
and im just like:
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 06 August 2009 06:14:20(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

So there's not likely to be a new prime minister soon.
Offline Rincewind  
#8 Posted : 06 August 2009 06:23:08(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
So there's not likely to be a new prime minister soon.

well thats a different question... We could have a new Pm if someone in the Labour party decides to try and oust him and actually manages it... HH for example or Mandy...

But if that did happen again not much would change to be honest... Gordon Brown is not the be all and end all of this counrys problems right now.
and im just like:
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 06 August 2009 06:24:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OK
Offline forkboy  
#10 Posted : 06 August 2009 07:13:24(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
See, my problem with the expenses "scandal" (more like moral outrage at something we all knew was going on but nobody actually wanted to point out) is MPs expenses. Or to be more accurate, the entire system we have of paying MPs. I want wholesale reform. I'm talking radical. First of all, a housing allowance is farcical. Build a big dormitory for MPs. I'm not talking Uni Halls of Residence standards here, do it up like a hotel, but one big area where they all stay rent free is cheaper than letting them all rent, and us just paying the rent for them.

Next, well, we need to scrap expenses altogether. I'm sorry but food expenses? How many jobs give their employees a shopping allowance? No. All these things can be manipulated far too easily as we've seen with duck moat and so many other glorious examples of British democracy in action. Lets increase MP flat salary. Now, these people are meant to be running the country so they should be fucking capable, and alot of capable people are unfortunately far too greedy. I mean I'm sure if they knew of the cooshy expenses which double the salary there'd be less hopeless saps as MPs. But yeah, lets just increase MP salaries. And I'm talking a drastic increase. Say £120,000 a year as a number picked out of thin air. Maybe even £150,000. That's a fucking big salary. You can buy your own vegetables on that wage. And pay your own train fares. The only expense they can claim is for office equipment, staff and that sort of stuff. Bin all living expenses. Yeah, they can still hire their kids or whatever, but fuck it, I'm sure there is a way to vet their employees or something to cut out paying a wage to a family member who does fuck all.

And yeah, maybe that doesn't sound all that radical, but when you put it into the context of the Houses of Parliament where nothing changes, it is. I mean MPs are not likely to change things themselves because voting for such a massive payrise would be seen as electoral suicide.

Rincewind, Mandy won't stand a chance. It's been 107 years since the last PM who sat in the House Of Lords and it would never wash now. Tory, The Marquess of Salisbury if you care.
Offline Rincewind  
#11 Posted : 06 August 2009 08:21:29(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

forkboy wrote:
See, my problem with the expenses "scandal" (more like moral outrage at something we all knew was going on but nobody actually wanted to point out) is MPs expenses. Or to be more accurate, the entire system we have of paying MPs. I want wholesale reform. I'm talking radical. First of all, a housing allowance is farcical. Build a big dormitory for MPs. I'm not talking Uni Halls of Residence standards here, do it up like a hotel, but one big area where they all stay rent free is cheaper than letting them all rent, and us just paying the rent for them.

Next, well, we need to scrap expenses altogether. I'm sorry but food expenses? How many jobs give their employees a shopping allowance? No. All these things can be manipulated far too easily as we've seen with duck moat and so many other glorious examples of British democracy in action. Lets increase MP flat salary. Now, these people are meant to be running the country so they should be fucking capable, and alot of capable people are unfortunately far too greedy. I mean I'm sure if they knew of the cooshy expenses which double the salary there'd be less hopeless saps as MPs. But yeah, lets just increase MP salaries. And I'm talking a drastic increase. Say £120,000 a year as a number picked out of thin air. Maybe even £150,000. That's a fucking big salary. You can buy your own vegetables on that wage. And pay your own train fares. The only expense they can claim is for office equipment, staff and that sort of stuff. Bin all living expenses. Yeah, they can still hire their kids or whatever, but fuck it, I'm sure there is a way to vet their employees or something to cut out paying a wage to a family member who does fuck all.

And yeah, maybe that doesn't sound all that radical, but when you put it into the context of the Houses of Parliament where nothing changes, it is. I mean MPs are not likely to change things themselves because voting for such a massive payrise would be seen as electoral suicide.

Rincewind, Mandy won't stand a chance. It's been 107 years since the last PM who sat in the House Of Lords and it would never wash now. Tory, The Marquess of Salisbury if you care.

i was saying mandy more as a person who would be likely to lead a back stabbing rather than one who becomes pm, because as you say he is in the house of lords...
and im just like: