logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#21 Posted : 15 September 2009 11:06:24(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
++__++ wrote:
troymazing wrote:
++__++ wrote:
troymazing wrote:
Obesity is not a phase children go through.. your mother's an idiot.

wow, that's harsh

Yes, but it's true.

Well, aren't most Americans still children? I'm sorry, but America is one of the least mature countries in the world, because they are so rich.

Yea, but if you think we're all rich over here, you are the one who is severely immature.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline The Nimrods  
#22 Posted : 15 September 2009 11:08:54(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
asdf wrote:
++__++ wrote:
troymazing wrote:
++__++ wrote:
troymazing wrote:

wow, that's harsh

Yes, but it's true.

Well, aren't most Americans still children? I'm sorry, but America is one of the least mature countries in the world, because they are so rich.

Yea, but if you think we're all rich over here, you are the one who is severely immature.

It's our country as a whole.Our lower middle class is high class in a lot of countries.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline tension101  
#23 Posted : 15 September 2009 11:35:54(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
troymazing wrote:

Dude.

Fucked up. My mother has 20+ years of medical experience, so I think she knows what she's talking about. There's no need to insult my mother because you think something she said isn't true.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline troymazing  
#24 Posted : 15 September 2009 11:47:38(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
http://en.wikipedia.org/...besity#Childhood_obesity

... I don't see anything about how obesity is a phase of childhood.

My mother, who is an APRN, said that the idea that obesity is a childhood phase is absolutely ludicrous. Which it is. Obesity affects people of ALL age groups.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline tension101  
#25 Posted : 15 September 2009 12:11:22(UTC)
tension101

Man

troymazing wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity#Childhood_obesity

My mother, who is an APRN, said that the idea that obesity is a childhood phase is absolutely ludicrous. Which it is. Obesity affects people of ALL age groups.

you trust wikipedia.

Seriously.

Okay, when you're fat when you're a baby, and if you're fat when you're a toddler, and if you're fat when you start 1st Grade, most likely, you'll stay that way. However, if you weren't, and you were petite throughout babyhood, and throughout early childhood, than it's most likely going to be a phase later.

And how long has your mother been an APRN?

Edited by user 15 September 2009 12:12:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline troymazing  
#26 Posted : 15 September 2009 12:19:25(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Obesity IS NOT a childhood phase! You can be perfectly fit in childhood and then blow up like a balloon in adulthood!

And honestly, does it even matter? My mother has her degree in psychology specializing in geriatrics.. and unless your mother is in pediatrics, she could have all the experience in the world and it wouldn't matter.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline tension101  
#27 Posted : 15 September 2009 12:22:37(UTC)
tension101

Man

troymazing wrote:
Obesity IS NOT a childhood phase! You can be perfectly fit in childhood and then blow up like a balloon in adulthood!

And honestly, does it even matter? My mother has her degree in psychology specializing in geriatrics.. and unless your mother is in pediatrics, she could have all the experience in the world and it wouldn't matter.

I'm just saying, It COULD be. It's not like it's a definate thing. Okay? Good. End of story. :D
Offline old.gregg  
#28 Posted : 15 September 2009 21:17:48(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I think what tension's mother was saying is that children of the age 8-13 are prone to obesity, which is perfectly true, as is being prone to the emotional or psychological conditions which cause/are caused by obesity. However, saying that if you are obese during these years means you will probably drop it and become a healthy sized adult is very untrue - you're more likely to be an obese adult if you are obese as a child.
-
Offline Gildermershina  
#29 Posted : 15 September 2009 21:52:36(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
tension101 wrote:
troymazing wrote:

you trust wikipedia.

Seriously.

Yeah, because vandals routinely edit out the section about children being prone ot obesity.

Seriously.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Thorgrim  
#30 Posted : 17 September 2009 03:43:09(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

lol fat people
Offline Aj  
#31 Posted : 17 September 2009 05:10:12(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Thorgrim wrote:
lol fat people

^ This.
Offline xNightsidex  
#32 Posted : 17 September 2009 06:02:15(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
tension101 wrote:
troymazing wrote:

you trust wikipedia.

Seriously.

Okay, when you're fat when you're a baby, and if you're fat when you're a toddler, and if you're fat when you start 1st Grade, most likely, you'll stay that way. However, if you weren't, and you were petite throughout babyhood, and throughout early childhood, than it's most likely going to be a phase later.

And how long has your mother been an APRN?

Wrong wrong wrong. I was a fatter baby and child, I lost fuckloads of wait going into my teens, and continued as such.
Offline TheCDs  
#33 Posted : 02 November 2009 16:23:18(UTC)
TheCDs

For the US (I don't really have the knowledge to comment about other areas of the world) I believe that there is one factor, the people themselves. I mean, if you can honestly wake up everyday being obese and feel good about yourself then kudos to you. There are some conditions that can cause obesity but other than that there really isn't any excuse. I mean what else can you really blame:

-Blaming the restaurant (McDonald's for instance) doesn't really work. No one forces you to eat there and now that they place there nutrition info everywhere (on boxes, placemats, the interwebs, and posters on the store walls) you can easily see that hey that large Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese meal has way more than 2000 calories.

-Blaming your upbringing only works for so long. Yes, it can be hard to avoid high calorie meals if you family eats pasta every day but eventually you will probably move out (if you don't obesity might not be your biggest problem) and when you do you can make lifestyle changes and get the weight off. Besides even if you do have a family that eats more carbs and calories than anyone else that doesn't stop you from taking a jog after dinner instead of plopping down on the couch to watch Friends or whatever sitcom families watch these days.

-Blaming the culture (America is just like this, its all I live with etc.) doesn't work either. I mean there are plenty of people who aren't obese in America and if anything the culture discourages obesity with the way we portray the ideal male or female body. Bottom line being American doesn't mean being fat.

I really think the real problem isn't obesity but the shortcuts to get rid of it. I mean people just find a surgeon and get a gastric bypass or liposuction and go on their way. Of course then they don't make any lifestyle changes so even though they aren't fat anymore their body is still being put under the same stresses.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline xNightsidex  
#34 Posted : 03 November 2009 04:43:50(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

TheCDs wrote:
For the US (I don't really have the knowledge to comment about other areas of the world) I believe that there is one factor, the people themselves. I mean, if you can honestly wake up everyday being obese and feel good about yourself then kudos to you. There are some conditions that can cause obesity but other than that there really isn't any excuse. I mean what else can you really blame:

-Blaming the restaurant (McDonald's for instance) doesn't really work. No one forces you to eat there and now that they place there nutrition info everywhere (on boxes, placemats, the interwebs, and posters on the store walls) you can easily see that hey that large Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese meal has way more than 2000 calories.

-Blaming your upbringing only works for so long. Yes, it can be hard to avoid high calorie meals if you family eats pasta every day but eventually you will probably move out (if you don't obesity might not be your biggest problem) and when you do you can make lifestyle changes and get the weight off. Besides even if you do have a family that eats more carbs and calories than anyone else that doesn't stop you from taking a jog after dinner instead of plopping down on the couch to watch Friends or whatever sitcom families watch these days.

-Blaming the culture (America is just like this, its all I live with etc.) doesn't work either. I mean there are plenty of people who aren't obese in America and if anything the culture discourages obesity with the way we portray the ideal male or female body. Bottom line being American doesn't mean being fat.

I really think the real problem isn't obesity but the shortcuts to get rid of it. I mean people just find a surgeon and get a gastric bypass or liposuction and go on their way. Of course then they don't make any lifestyle changes so even though they aren't fat anymore their body is still being put under the same stresses.

Well said.
Offline C4AJoh  
#35 Posted : 03 November 2009 05:35:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
I don't think anything is to blame other than the people i mean i watch just as much TV as anybody and i eat a lot of fat food's and i'm not fat and i'll tell you why ...
because i go out running and do excercise that's all it comes down to don't be so lazy. DO EXCERCISE IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DO.
Offline Thorgrim  
#36 Posted : 03 November 2009 07:27:05(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

Thorgrim wrote:
lol fat people

Offline Gildermershina  
#37 Posted : 03 November 2009 08:44:37(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
I don't think anything is to blame other than the people i mean i watch just as much TV as anybody and i eat a lot of fat food's and i'm not fat and i'll tell you why ...
because i go out running and do excercise that's all it comes down to don't be so lazy. DO EXCERCISE IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DO.

My secret is a freakishly fast metabolism, and drinking almost nothing but water. I drink more than the recommended water requirements, and I drink it pure. I easily get through 2-3 litres every day.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline xNightsidex  
#38 Posted : 03 November 2009 09:01:58(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

My secret is starvation. Works a charm.
Offline TheCDs  
#39 Posted : 03 November 2009 09:33:17(UTC)
TheCDs

Gildermershina wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:

My secret is a freakishly fast metabolism, and drinking almost nothing but water. I drink more than the recommended water requirements, and I drink it pure. I easily get through 2-3 litres every day.

I am the same way. Super fast metabolism and lots and lots of water. I haven't had any pop (or soda or soft drink or whatever you want to call it) in about 3 years now.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline sharinganerror  
#40 Posted : 06 November 2009 01:57:22(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
The whole Fast Food is cheaper angle does work out for one person, but for a family, not so much. Here a plain McDonalds burger is something like 59p. The problem is one of laziness I think. Given the option, having someone else cook your food, often better than you can, is worth the extra expense according to most people.

Also, people clearly have never tasted a real burger, because if they had, they wouldn't eat McDonalds.

actually, I've tasted a "real" burger cooked in as many different fashions, with organic beef(or whatever, I don't honestly care) andall the natural amenities a burger could have, there's not much of a difference. Although I personally hate most homecooked burger because they often are dry, tasteless and otherwise horrible to stick into my mouth. In the end, I go to McDonalds because I don't have the fucking time to waste on cooking the entire week.