logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 07 November 2009 04:13:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
After 5 years of trying to get signed by a record label, The Junction know how difficult it can be to get that big break, as of yet they haven’t had their big break. Max Armstrong and close friend Lucy Tyrell decided to create their own record label Junction Records! Once they could afford to own their own record label The Junction decided to release their debut album Heartbreaks & Outtakes and then followed that up with the more successful Love, Blood And Anything Above. Heartbreaks struggled to chart successfully and Love, Blood And Anything Above has sold over 1 million copies as of 5th November 2009.

They surprised many people by having moderate success in the singles charts with 'What's Going Wrong With The World We Live In peaking in the UK charts at 14 and their most recent single 'One More Night (Feat. Lauren Grogan) peaking at 19 in the USA and 25 in the UK. They’re currently on the North American Leg of a 9 month world tour which has so far seen them fill out stadiums all over the USA and the highlight of the tour so far has been their breathtaking performance at the MGM Grand Garden Arena which sold out it’s 17,157 capacity. Rocker magazine sat down with front man Max Armstrong for the 2nd time. And here’s how it went.

Q: As a band you fill out stadiums regularly but you’re still not massively well known around the world is this a frustration for you guys?
A: Well I don’t think we’ve been in the media spotlight as much as some of the music acts around at the moment for example Robin (Bass Player) got married this summer and there was no media coverage which I think is a good thing we like to keep things in our personal life as private as we can the other guys are a bit shy and quiet about their lives but I really don’t mind it.

Q: You released your debut album earlier in the summer and followed that up a month later, why did you release two albums in a year?
A: The first album was a great thing for me to write and most of the songs on that were written during a difficult period for me personally I had broken up with Megan Walker and was struggling to survive financially.

Q: Your debut album was a concept album is that something you’ll be looking to do more in the future?
A: It was interesting to write an album which tells a story right the way through the album, I generally have a low attention span so it was pretty difficult for me.

Q: Your personal life a year or two ago was a bit tough when you we’re dating Megan Walker because she was this famous model/actress and your band couldn’t catch a break?
A: It was kind of tough on all of us but we sort of buried our difficulties with different activities for example the other guys drank a lot and took drugs fairly often, I did both of those thing but not nearly the amount the other guys did, but my activity was sex, being in a relationship with someone as sexual as Megan Walker was great because it was pretty much sex everyday.

Q: your now in a committed relationship with Juliette Moore has she made things easier for you?
A; definitely my relationship with Megan wasn’t barely a relationship it was just about the sex really, but with Juliette is different for the better because we both have very real feelings for each other.

Q: your record label was originally just for your own band but you’ve recently signed Avenue’s & Alleyways why sign a new act?
A: I saw them perform in LA while on tour and I spoke to Zach after the show and he told me about how he’s been struggling to have any real success so I told him to meet me at a local studio and we performed a couple of tracks together which was enough for me to sign them, they’re gonna have a great debut album and amazing career I can’t wait to see them progress, there’s a lot going on in my life at the moment and it’s never boring I’m having a blast.

Thanks for your time and all the best on tour.