logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2010 07:07:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
In the last couple of years Max Armstrong has been one of the hardest working musicians of his generation touring almost none stop with his bands The Junction and 4th Street Band and also running Junction Records with Lucy Tyrell he has managed to write over 100 songs in the last year and a half and Rocker magazine caught up with him last week and here's the interview.

Q: Hey Max how was your Christmas?
A: It was pretty good, it wasn’t a huge event but we all had fun and it was a chance for me, my brother and sisters to spend the holidays together and bond because in the last couple of years I wasn’t really at home much for the holidays so it was pretty good this year.

Q: 2009 was your breakthrough year for you with two albums with The Junction and a live album with the 4th Street Band as well as touring most of the year, but what has 2010 got in store for yourself?
A: Well I’m gonna be back on tour on 8th January with The Junction and I’m just gonna focus on the tour which finishes in May then we’ve decided to take some time off for ourselves and I’m gonna be spending that time in Jersey with my Brother and sisters and Juliette and I’m also gonna see my own movie in July which I wrote the script for but I didn’t see the filming of it or anything like that I just wrote the script that’s all.

Q: So are you permanently living in New Jersey now?
A: Well I still have my apartment in New York, but at the moment and for maybe the next couple of years I’ll be living in New Jersey with Juliette and my brother and sisters, after my parents deaths I decided to move back to Jersey and live with my brother and sisters because of their age I didn’t want anybody else looking after them.

Q: So we shouldn’t expect an album in 2010?
A: No like I say as a band we all decided that it would be best to take about 6 - 7 months off from the band after the tour and then after about 6 or 7 months we’ll start thinking about a new album but It might not be out until 2011 or 2012, we’ve been almost permanently touring since 2007 so a rest is really needed because we don’t want to be like the bands who tour so much that after the touring they end up breaking up, we want to be around for years so its just for the best.

Q: Your relationship with Juliette Moore is still going strong after nearly a year of dating any chance of you getting married this year?
A: I don’t know really, I definitely think we’ll get married at some point but its not been a year yet. I don’t want to be like most famous couple’s who get married and they end up divorcing like a couple of months later. I’m sure we’ll get married, but when, I don’t know.

Well thank you for you time, We hope the tour goes well and we wish you all the best for 2010.